What does Blitz mean to you?

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

Shshio #161 Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:18 PM

Private

• Players
  • 407 battles

Blitz is a fun game to p[edited]the time. I play it when I am bored or when I get tired of WOT PC. the games here are much faster and I can carry much easier.

Also I get to be a SU here, while on PC I've got thousands of games as a noob that are holding me back. 

Blitz gives people the ability to play on the go and a great way to spend all my cash, that i don't really need anyways I guess. I was on a pretty good clan here, but i stopped playing for a couple months and I guess I got dropped. I can't wait for clan wars and to get myself a couple higher tier tanks (russian meds and heavies only though). Now that I am closer to my word count, I won't have to watch so many more adds to buy my su-85I to grind credits in.

blitz_stern #162 Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:56 PM

Official Tank Destroyer player of 501AU

• Players
  • 19528 battles
  • [501ST]

I have been playing World of Tanks Blitz for two years. Starting out with a Game Center account, then upgrading to WG account . I enjoy the game with it's amazing graphics and tank battles. Playing the game has made me want to find out more about these awesome fighting machines. It has also has encouraged me to learn more about the a battles and events of World War Two. As the game keeps getting better and better with each and every update, it makes it more fun to play. There's so many tanks in the game, you don't even known which one you want first! I found blitz on the App Store as one of the featured apps of the week. One of the best parts of the game is that every battle is different in its own way. There are even Training Rooms that can be used to organize your own battle. It is now the only game I ever play. With the endless amount of action packed battles, this makes World of Tanks Blitz a truly awesome game to play.

Pj40 #163 Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21754 battles
  • [TITAN]

My close relationship with this game all started back in late June of 2014. I was always looking for new games to download because the ones I had were getting a bit boring. So, scrolling through the App Store, I come across this game. It looked decent, so I decided to give it a go. I was shocked at how many tanks were in the game and I thought the graphics for a mobile app were great. I didn't think I would keep this game longer than a year, but I got addicted to it. I loved playing it even though I was pretty bad (I hadn't even heard of wot PC until late 2014), and that same year I found the forums.

I don't talk on the forums much, but I'm ALWAYS reading posts on it. They've helped me improve my skills. Anyway, months went by and I had no plans to ever delete the game, and to this day I still don't. This is definitely the most played game on my device, and even though I rage sometimes, an app has never been more special to me than this one. 

Edited by Pj40, 18 June 2016 - 01:08 PM.

dancingnancy84 #164 Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:43 AM

Private

• Players
  • 3105 battles
Playing, but trying to make friends, & yes, actually finding them. Blitz has been a fun thing to pick up, but can be addicting, so I've taken time to not think solely on it. Though, in everyday life, I read stats & forum posts, just never posted until today. I enjoy them. Seeing some of the posters, you kind of feel like they're old friends, who you kind of get worried about, when they don't post. Clans have become a big thing, which is always fun to see which clan decides to argue over petty stuff, then break up. Others, well, just like to recluse & watch from the sidelines. Good times, good times. Thanks, War Games

4deadlyhorsemen #165 Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:54 AM

Private

• Players
  • 2425 battles
  • [RAPTR]

Man, what can I say? This game will about suck you dry with the emotional roller coasters it puts you on. Being that I don't even play anymore, since all I ever hear from, besides my clan mates, are 9 year old kids that call me mate, or m8, some other term that they've recently picked up. Yeah, it was once pretty fun, didn't have much concept of how things worked, hell, I probably still don't. But, as much as I can see, it's just part of evolution. Overall, I think that blitz is way more advanced than anything else. It's come at the risk of a lot of players spending tons of money, only to be called wallet warriors. I wish you guys had a donation page. haha, give people a shout for paying your salaries & players having something to play. The unsung heroes, the people who spend money. Blits is awesome, fun had by all

blindsniper74 #166 Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:24 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41254 battles
  • [III-R]

My kids started playing Blitz and got me into the game.  I am not a gamer, but really like the concept of a game based on historical tanks with somewhat realistic specifications.  I was really impressed with the game engine and the actual game mechanics.  I was a bit difficult for a while, but I manage to learn a lot by reading the forums and watching YouTube videos.  For me Blitz is like a game of chess with a lot of random elements thrown in. You need to use a defined strategy at the beginning of the game and tactics to adjust during the game. With the advent of Training Rooms, we can now explore many different strategies, not just the meta of the map.   I am amazed that I have been playing the game for almost 2 years.  I still enjoy the game. but wish we had more tank lines to explore.

Edited by blindsniper74, 19 June 2016 - 04:36 PM.

4deadlyhorsemen #167 Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:29 AM

Private

• Players
  • 2425 battles
  • [RAPTR]

Blitz

Edited by 4deadlyhorsemen, 19 June 2016 - 05:17 AM.

ClanLead #168 Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:33 AM

Private

• Players
  • 328 battles
  • [AUW-R]
What can i say? big brother plays it, so i got into it. he's obsessed, but i also have school, so i can't be obsessed like him. I started playing, jumped on my brother's account, messed around & it seemed that I had a good understanding & really let loose, relax & mess around. Not having so much responsibility is nice. It's been an even better experience in getting to know people. Love the new tanks that come out, lines & features. Really fun to think of all the different things that the clans will evolve to, the apps that will be developed for this game, communication & there are so many things that we can do, from these new updates. It's been the premier tank game, will probably stay that way, too. Just keep turning out a fun game, make money, but do your people right, so someone else doesn't make a better game, out of spite. 

_elderbug_ #169 Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:09 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 269 battles

2014 and my youngest daughter had somehow bypassed parental security on her tablet and installed Blitz. (a bug in the boot sequence, since patched)

After she complained “the red tanks keep peowing me” we tried to teach her some skills – she was not interested, and then we found the tutorial.

She kept playing the tutorial over and over, until she could knock out the Ferdi from the start position by backing up and running full tilt at the dragons teeth, winding up totally stuck, but perched atop them. From there you could see the redoubt that the Ferdi was in, and could destroy the now exposed Ferdi by blind firing into the redoubt.

She soon lost interest and one of my sons played her tanks, and then showed another who got his own account, and eventually I got drafted to help my son win a tank -that was Tankenstein!

Currently none of us play as much as we would like, but all four of us have our own accounts now, we all have our own playing styles, and we all enjoy playing together when time permits.

tlouie:- Don't forget, this is a game. Any semblance to reality is purely coincidental, and will be corrected in the next update.

Str8UpJack #170 Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15139 battles
  • [III-P]
I don’t recall exactly how I stumbled onto WoTB but it was fairly early on, possibly the first month the game was out.  It had instant appeal to me for several reasons.  First was it’s ALL MULTIPLAYER all the time mode of play.  I love playing against real people rather than some scripted storyline.  Second would be it’s got tanks!  Tanks are just friggin cool!  The last but biggest appeal Blitz has for me is the depth the game had without requiring you sit down and do homework at night to learn how to penetrate the enemy tanks.  Blitz on PC requires you actually study the tanks and memorize all the combinations of gun/pen and armor.  Too much work for something I use as an escape from the daily grind.  Blitz just nails the balance between what you need to know and what the game will help you with.  It’s great for a casual gamer and the hardcore gamer, offering each just enough balance to satisfy what you are looking for!

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

Viper8757NC #171 Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25836 battles
  • [III-S]

What does Blitz mean to me?  A lot.

It's a format I use to satisfy my competitive spirit, as well as my never ending desire to learn and master new activities.  More importantly, it is a venue through which I have been able to develop a sense of camaraderie with individuals that I might otherwise never have interacted with or met.  I am guessing that many on this forum share these sentiments.

As many here are already aware, the game also encourages players to think strategically and work cooperatively--skills that can be used effectively in gaming and, more importantly, life itself.  And for the intellectually curious, Blitz can be used as a jumping off point for studying world and military history, physics, and mathematics (Note: for those of you not already doing so, chose one of the aforementioned fields, pick up a book or two, and let your minds wander.  You’ll be happy you did).

Have I hit 150 words yet?  No matter.  I thought I would share some of these larger thoughts with you all, regardless of the pixel gold reward.

o7 WG and o7 forum members.

Edited by Viper8757NC, 19 June 2016 - 07:59 PM.

DadNeedsADrink #172 Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:59 PM

World's Okayest Dad

• Players
  • 42213 battles
  • [III]

I have three kids, a wife, dog, mortgage, student loans, car payments, and an ornery mother-in-law. I work a full time job, coach two soccer teams, and volunteer occasionally at my kids' school. Over the past nine years, I've changed hundreds of diapers, cleaned up thousands of messes, lost touch with old friends, and haven't been able to sit on the toilet in peace without someone screaming for me or barging in. Now I'm not complaining, and I honestly wouldn't want it any other way, but there's little in my life that's frivolous or uniquely mine. World of Tanks Blitz is that one thing.

Blitz allows me to relax, shut off my brain (at least the mature, responsible portion), and tune everything out. It scratches a competitive itch that I wasn't sure I still had - something reminiscent of my days of old-school video games. Once the Blitz garage loads and I hear the thunderous soundtrack in the background, I'm no longer Dad; I'm a kid sitting on the floor with my brothers...too close to the TV... game controller in hand... ready to battle. And I'm a force.

Edited by DadNeedsADrink, 19 June 2016 - 05:02 PM.

mriversinco #173 Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 49850 battles
  • [III-R]

As a young kid I used to love computer games, and electronics.  I missed many college classes because of the SEGA in my dorm room, as well as computer games on our commodore 64.  Wait, didn’t all games take 5 minutes to load up from the floppy drive for everyone?

For the next 25 years of my life I never thought there’d be another game I’d get into and I actually thought that part of my life was at an end.  That is until one fateful December in 2014 when my son saw the WOT Blitz app and downloaded it on our ipad.  I started the game the day after Christmas, which was about a week after my son started, so I didn’t get tutorials or any of the beginning functions.  Wow, has my life changed since!

I’ve steadily progressed in my abilities to play the game, and am still constantly leaning. That’s what’s so refreshing about Blitz and how it’s played, it’s never the same.  I don’t know how long this obsession will last, but it’s sure been a great time.  Thank you to everyone who I’ve crossed paths with!

Abrams_Army #174 Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:09 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 39158 battles
  • [III-Z]
Blitz gives me an opportunity to compete, improve my skill and meet tankers from all around the country (and world) that I most likely would never have met otherwise. Being in a clan like Triarii has given me an opportunity to form strong bonds with a bunch of guys (and a few gals) who are willing to tank alongside me and mentor me as well. Blitz is great because it offers a platform where others are constantly pushing you to excel. I like that- it helps to make me better. :)

Not everyone can be a unicom in this game. That being said, be a help to your team as best you can. If you're not an asset, then you're a liability. 

Community Pledge signer

Wf3jmBQ.png

Lokeen #175 Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:21 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38606 battles
  • [CYCLN]

I've always been a "gamer", and thankfully I have a very understanding wife lol.  I finally got my first iPad in September of 2014 for my birthday (from said wife) and one of the first "suggested apps" was this interesting World of Tanks Blitz.  At that point I'm not even sure if i was aware of PC WoT apart from in passing.  I was instantly hooked.  After almost two years of playing literally everyday, numerous podcast episodes with my great friend Lephturn (among others), the Medium Tank Academy, Club Wargaming, Youtube videos and Mobcrush live streaming WoTB has clearly become not only my game of choice but truly my love and hobby.  Words cannot express how grateful I am to this simple video game for introducing into my life so many amazing and diverse friends, highlighted by my extended family that is Triarii.  

Thank you War Gaming for hours of fun and friends I would otherwise have never known.

Lokeen

Capman_44 #176 Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:47 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38336 battles
  • [III]
I'm not an avid gamer but found Blitz one day while perusing the app store. I enjoy military history and battle strategy so figured I would give it a try. Blitz allows me to test my skill and strategy in a WW2 theme game I find of interest.  The game provides an array of tanks which I like as it offers a variety of play styles and keeps my interest from becoming redundant and boring. Being multiplayer means you need to use your situational awareness to access your teams ability and determine your best plan of attack. The continual addition of maps and reworks also helps with keeping maps fresh and allowing the expanding tank types to find new Meta of attacks. Overall, a fun game that's involving but not overly complex. The addition of clans and ability to be able to interact with fellow like minded enthusiasts really adds a whole new dimension to the gaming experience of which I am happy to be part of. 

evil00genius #177 Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42864 battles
  • [III-X]

To me blitz has been a mixture of madness, joy, frustration, and accomplishment. At first it was a fun way to p[edited]a bit of time, but I have unexpectedly found friends and companions to enjoy the game with and with whom I can share a fun evening in competition and teamwork. Those I have befriended through Blitz have been more diverse and interesting than I would have ever imagined when starting and when I look back on all the time I have spent playing the game I do not look back at this as time wasted but rather as time well spent having fun and testing myself and my abilities.

Big_B99 #178 Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14450 battles

To me, World of Tanks Blitz is a way to escape the ‘real world’, and just go blow up some tanks. 

I knew about Blitz from other Wargaming titles that I had played, but it was not until I actually downloaded Blitz that I truly understood the amazing addictive power that a simple mobile game can have on you.

The number one feature that draws me to Wargaming titles is the fact that the early games are simple enough so anyone can be tanking with just a few minutes of training, but there is an almost endless amount of tactics, strategies, and more for the players that want to improve their skills and move up the tiers.  And while many people (including myself sometimes) may complain that there are players who are not as serious about the game as they are, when it comes down to it this is a game after all, and games are meant to be fun, and Wargaming lets players of all commitment and skills, noobs and unicums alike, to have fun in their own way.

ET___ #179 Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:13 AM

Private

• Players
  • 29470 battles
  • [III-S]

It all started with an email that said "by the end of the night we'll all just be playing world of tanks." I had no idea what my friend was referencing or talking about. Ever since that night, I've started playing Blitz in December 2015, and it's the only game I play now. All blame goes to OKAwesome as he was the one that first mentioned and showed the game to me as we were in an Uber. I was impressed with the UI, the graphics, and the quick gameplay. I never played MMO games before, but I was hooked on "tanks" after playing my first few battles. I appreciate how the game exposes players to actual war vehicles and the historic contributions some made. I struggled with the controls at first and I had no strategy or understanding even after hundreds of games with German mediums. These forums and YouTubers have helped shown me ways to improve and play better - it's a slow, but welcome challenge as I still have not put in any money into this game. Maybe a premium Tier VIII is in order?

zachpkenyon #180 Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:13 AM

Private

• Players
  • 554 battles

So, World of Tanks means a lot to me. Full disclosure: I'm active duty US army and recently returned from a “deployment” to Kuwait. I’d seen the link on the Funker530 page for probably a year or more. Finally decided to download it one long night while on tower guard. At first it was fun to just zoom around and boom other tanks. As time passed, I started to get better and much, much worse at the same time. I found the forums and learned a bunch. Spent a lot of free time playing.

Then my wife called me on April fool's day. My dad wasn't going to make it; I needed to come home. To their credit, my leadership managed to get me released from theater rather than just emergency leave. Unfortunately, it took thirteen long days to make it happen. Days that I couldn't think, could barely work, couldn't do anything but play. This game was my sanity, and has become a link to him. I missed his passing by twelve hours. Today, this first Father's day without him, I play. It's what keeps me close to him.

Thanks, WG, and thank you, fellow tankers.

Edited by zachpkenyon, 20 June 2016 - 02:18 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users