What does Blitz mean to you?

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

zachpkenyon #181 Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:13 AM

Private

• Players
  • 522 battles

So, World of Tanks means a lot to me. Full disclosure: I'm active duty US army and recently returned from a “deployment” to Kuwait. I’d seen the link on the Funker530 page for probably a year or more. Finally decided to download it one long night while on tower guard. At first it was fun to just zoom around and boom other tanks. As time passed, I started to get better and much, much worse at the same time. I found the forums and learned a bunch. Spent a lot of free time playing.

Then my wife called me on April fool's day. My dad wasn't going to make it; I needed to come home. To their credit, my leadership managed to get me released from theater rather than just emergency leave. Unfortunately, it took thirteen long days to make it happen. Days that I couldn't think, could barely work, couldn't do anything but play. This game was my sanity, and has become a link to him. I missed his passing by twelve hours. Today, this first Father's day without him, I play. It's what keeps me close to him.

Thanks, WG, and thank you, fellow tankers.

Edited by zachpkenyon, 20 June 2016 - 02:18 AM.

vvk2 #182 Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34818 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Blitz for me is what a mobile game should be. It is fun, it is engaging and most of all it can be playing during short breaks or while commuting. I like the variety of tanks and playstyles. The economic model is also pretty good although honestly the latest signs of the pay2win model does make me worry. Also I like the challenges that the game brings to a player. It feels good to have a good fight against some overwhelming odd (like 1vs3). Unfortunately the latest MM change did make battles more random, at least that is how I feel. But I guess for a lot of knew folks it feels normal since they didn’t know any better! Despite unavoidable frustrations (with the green noobs) and disappointments (with myself) I still enjoy playing Blitz. And for those moments when all seems to fail, there is always an answer: KV-2 loaded with HE waiting my garage!

BlackDogD #183 Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:58 AM

O'Doyle Rules!

• Players
  • 16418 battles
  • [O-VII]

I first started out playing war thunder on PC (easy, put that down, don't start swinging). After my PC was failing to maintain a decent fps, I switched to WoT PC. When PC eventually crashed, started playing blitz.

I enjoy playing blitz! I like the fact that the games don't take forever and that for 7 minutes, it's fast paced intense action. Especially when the adrenaline pumps in 1 vs 5 / 6 / 7 scenario and you manage to pull it off! I enjoy the different tanks I can experiment with and the friends that I make. But most of all, I LOVE the people who rage in chat! I laugh when I see people going berserk during a game for whatever reason, hurling mis-spelled abuses at each other. Sometimes people lose perspective that it's only a video game lol...

I honestly can't wait to see what they have in store for the future! More tanks, more maps, and last but not least, MORE RAGERS!

Edited by BlackDogD, 20 June 2016 - 05:00 AM.

Life sucks, get a helmet.

TFWorld_Jenn #184 Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:12 PM

Spreadsheet Queen

• Players
  • 17535 battles
  • [-BA-]

My brother-in-law and husband were playing blitz some during our game nights.  After a few weeks of just watching them play, I decided to download it and give it a try.  I had a difficult time figuring out how to drive at first and really had no idea that I should take cover while my shots were reloading.  After some time, I found the forums and starting doing research and watching videos, although I rarely post.  I have learned some tactics, but still have many areas I can improve upon.  I play because I am competitive and rarely give up until I conquer a task.  I am learning taekwondo and find it interesting to correlate blocks to cover and defensive positions. 

Blitz has also become something our whole family enjoys playing together.  We sometimes participate in our own countdowns to try to all get in one match.  We have visited some historic tanks, in our town and while on vacation, and I have enjoyed learning some new history from the male members of my family. 

tfworld #185 Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11211 battles
  • [-BA-]

I started playing Blitz because I needed a new game to play. My brother was playing it and after I got a new iPad late 2015, I downloaded it to try it out. Seemed like it was a good fit, something different than what I was playing. Since then it has been a nice family bonding experience. We all get to play, sometimes even in the same match, and we have a lot of fun doing it. Communications in the same room is super easy! Now we run a decent clan (54% WR) and participate in different events such as this one. The events we had the most fun so far were the build a Churchill III and design a Christmas ornament.  Some of the in game contests were fun too – hello free tank slots! I figure we will keep playing Blitz as a family for a long time. The family who games together stays together! 

pgrass101 #186 Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:40 PM

YOLO King

• Players
  • 26326 battles
  • [III-C]

World of Tanks Blitz is my safe spot. It is the place I can escape to during lunch at work, or at night when the dishes are done, the kids in bed and the Missus is reading her book. I can load up my game grab my OBJ 140 and (hopefully) wreck some tanks. I can get on Teamspeak with my other clan members and hang out at the virtual bar as we get into all types of shenanigans in a training room.

In short Blitz is my escape. It is where I leave all of my worldly concerns aside. Whether I win or totally noob it up, it is my Zen. And in those rare few games I do become totally focused losing myself completely in the game and walk away with an amazing carry and a Golden “M”. But even if I get ammo racked in the first minute, it is still fun and that’s why I play.

stj1971 #187 Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:57 PM

Stj1971'); DROP TABLE Players;--

• Players
  • 24605 battles
  • [III-X]

Blitz represents a great community, and the pinnacle of mobile game design. This is now my third summer playing Blitz, and as I’ve progressed through the game, my appreciation for the game has increased 

Initially, I was purely focused on tank acquisition – get all lines up to tier four, then all lines up to five. Tiers six and seven followed,  but by tier eight, it became obvious that there was more to the game than just drive, shoot, die, garage, repeat.

I remember encountering players on the battlefield who were much harder to hit than their teammates: players who hide their tanks behind rocks, walls, hills, or even behind the burning shells of other tanks. Those were the same players who would magically dance out, hit hard, and disappear back into safety in the blink of an eye.

Blitz became a game of finesse, and although the urge for acquisition remained, it became augmented by a desire to learn how to play tanks to their potential. To play like the elusive masters. Constant, incremental improvement – in Blitz as in all things – wards off stagnation.

stj1971 iii

DrFerd #188 Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:01 PM

Certified BlitzWeather Forecaster

• Players
  • 23622 battles
  • [III-C]

What is Blitz?

Blitz is an outlet for the historically minded tank enthusiast.

Blitz is the app that delivered tennks! to those wistfully gazing at PC/Xbox-ers.

Blitz is herp-a-derp hilarity.

Blitz is ambush and TD-alpha.

Blitz is rollicking light madness.

Blitz is know-everything dead 43%-er noob-ragers.

Blitz is the epic Kolobanov’s.  

Blitz is German 88mm sniping.

Blitz is the route to like-minded clan-mate awesomeness and community.

Blitz is a shameless plug for DrFerd YouTube videos.  

Blitz is Kenny.

Blitz is MM, unfortunately.

Blitz is kemp bush.

Blitz is outrageous win streaks.

Blitz is a T30 issuing the ammo-rack card.

Blitz is hating IS3 with a passion.

Blitz is hoarding iTunes cards.

Blitz is ridiculous Russian bias bolstering your WR without even trying.

Blitz is prowling medium wolf-packs.

Blitz is cleaning off seal blubber.

Blitz is the Panzer IV D.

Blitz is calling “>>>>>bacon!”, “No vegans”.

Blitz is realizing Tier X is Mos Eisley.

Blitz is the sound of the shell casing in the SU-152.

Blitz is a curiosity turned obsession.

What is Blitz not?

YouTube & Blog https://ferdsquad.com

CzechCongo #189 Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23614 battles
  • [III]

I was lucky enough to get into the WotB beta test. In that short period of time, I knew I would play the game when it was released, and play it hard. I used to be on TouchArcade every day, seeing what new games were coming and trying hundreds of them. Since two summers ago, I've kept only a handful of other games on my phone, with Blitz taking up most of my gaming time. 

Blitz is an awesome game, but it has turned into more than just a game. Blitz is the place where I found Triarii, an unbelievably awesome community of people. A group that spans the country, the world, different races and genders and creeds and careers. Blitz is the first online community where I have actually reached out to communicate and meet up with people in "real life". A Triarii brother flew a plane here so we could hang out for an evening of blitz. A group meets in NYC every year. What a great group of people, who never would have met if not for blitz. Thanks WG!

r4zrbl4de #190 Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:23 PM

Camo Fetish

• Players
  • 13276 battles
  • [ATLS]
Freshman year of high school, 2014. "I've got a brand new iPad for school. But it's school, I have to focus on work. No games, only work," I told myself. Then I saw someone driving a tank around, shooting other tanks. Here I am, two years later, with probably like 30 premiums in my garage and hundreds of dollars dropped on this game. I know my experience with Blitz is not unique. I'm sure tons of other people just started playing and were hooked before they knew it. I never thought that I'd ever be this addicted to a game. Some of my friends think I'm crazy for spending so much time and money here, but it's not just shooting pixel tanks and blowing them up. There's a community, too. I've got friends in and out of my clan, people I've met in-game and on the forums, and this game has a special place in my heart. 

"First we will be best, and then we will be first." - Grant Tinke

Want to join Atlas? Click here for more info!

Custom camouflages and skins

_War_Child_ #191 Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:58 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 31627 battles
  • [III]

I’m a PC guy and hadn’t ever really thought about playing video games before this past Christmas when BLITZ popped up on my Windows 10 display.  I was always a fan of tanks and I loved the movie Fury, so I thought I would give it a try since it was free.  Needless to say (based on my games played since January), I fell in love with Blitz and have spent countless hours working to improve various aspects of my game.

I have to admit that I was a little embarrassed about my fondness for the game for the first few months because I assumed that the rest of the players were all 15 year old kids and I am in my mid-40’s.  After about 3,000 games, I started to pay attention to my winrate, read the forums, listened to Tankboom podcasts, and learned that the Blitz community is filled with guys like me.  Now that I’m in a clan with my peers, Blitz has become like a second home.  Voicechat programs have added a whole new level of enjoyment as well and I cannot tell you how much I cherish the “real world” friendships that I’ve established.

AlexSpartan23 #192 Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17336 battles
  • [STORM]

My personal interest for WWll related games started back with Company of Heroes for Pc. With all the unity, tactics and vehicles I fell in love for the WWll related games like some of the old Call of Duty and Medal of Honor games.

After some time of searching in the internet I found the Pc version of World of Tanks, unfortunately my pc can’t handle the graphics even up to this day.  :(

Even so I couldn’t play it by myself I started watching Gameplay videos on YouTube. 

Then I found The Mighty Jingles and QuickyBaby Channels and I learner most of the basics of the game.

One day looking for the weekly games release of the app store I found the world of tanks Blitz for mobile devices and I just couldn’t stop jumping of excitement for playing the game I wanted to play for so long.

For me blitz is a fun easy to play and learn game, a way to meet people with similar interest in tank games.

The best decision I’ve ever made in this games was joining my current clan STORM   :)

"Great players inspire others"  "Shocks"   ☁️ ⚡️ [STORM] ⚡️ ☁️   "Thunder-Strike"  "Surprise!!"

Favorite low tier II-VI tanks: M2 Medium, Pz ll-lllCrusers lll-lV, ke-ni, ke-ho, chi-he, Covenanter, Matilda, LTP, M8A1, Luchs!!, M4-M4A3E8 Sherman, M18 Hellcat, T34-85, KV-1S.

Favorite High tier VII-X tanks: CometT29, SU-152, SU-100M1, T43, IS. T-44, KV-4, Jagdpanther ll. ST-I, T-54, Centurion 7/1, FV4202!!, IS-7, IS-4!. stats

brian_scooby #193 Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23936 battles
  • [EQ-TR]
What this game means to me?  A LOT!!!  My son introduced me into the game.  I was not a “gamer” per say; but, I do consider myself to be competitive.  This game means time with my son... we love our tooning time.  It means a way to relax... a way to remove some tension... ok, a lot of tension sometimes.  This game means time spent in rip roaring laughter with the fellow Triarii brothers.  This game means “Hell-Ya!!!” when I get the chance to blow a fellow unicum brother.  This game means a lot to me... after all, I do play with this game almost every day.  Multiple times a day... with sometimes long hours.  Please just don't show this post to my wife.  :)

NikoPower #194 Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:01 PM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 132 battles
  • [WGA]

Alright folks,

The activity has concluded. The gathering of names and crediting might take a bit so expect your credit of gold to appear no later than tomorrow afternoon.

lookedsquirrel7 #195 Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:13 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 20446 battles

View PostNikoPower, on 20 June 2016 - 11:01 AM, said:

Alright folks,

The activity has concluded. The gathering of names and crediting might take a bit so expect your credit of gold to appear no later than tomorrow afternoon.

Danka Niko expect more funds from me soon too.

reluctanttheist #196 Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:46 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 16716 battles
  • [III-H]
I think one thing WG would do well to understand would be, that of many titles out there - Blitz is a game adults play.  Like, responsible ones with real lives.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare

NikoPower #197 Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:12 PM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 132 battles
  • [WGA]

Alright everyone, crediting has started. This should be done shortly. Thanks for participating in this activity. Gives me more ideas of contests you all would like to participate in.

I salute you!

BigSmoker1965 #198 Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:26 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38039 battles
Gold received thanks a lot!!!

Ausf_G #199 Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36356 battles
  • [11TH]

Thank you NikoPower for doing these types of give aways. One we would all love to see again is the in battle give aways where you and your colleagues do battles with us and when we kill you fine players then you give us gold or even credits. We miss these types of give aways. 

I.e. i did receive my Thanks again!

Edited by Ausf_G, 20 June 2016 - 07:31 PM.

Commander of the 11TH Panzer Division. vom Führer Genehmigt

Ha! Derging voll durch ihre panzerung

Der steht in Flammen! 

Hope I dont catch a ban for this post.

pgrass101 #200 Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:35 PM

YOLO King

• Players
  • 26326 battles
  • [III-C]
Thanks Niko, I got my Gold

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users