What does Blitz mean to you?

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

Aptriver374 #21 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 27930 battles
  • [PURPL]
Well I started World of Tanks by coming across a person called The Mighty Jingles & after my Pc went bad then I found out that they were making a Xbox version of wot and I played that for awhile while in that time I heard they had a mobile version of Wot coming but wasn't as interesting as console variant. Then at the beginning of 2015 that's when I made my account & started playing Blitz primarily.

I actually get praises now OOF

HEATnoob #22 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:48 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16629 battles
250 not worth it.

Ole_sniper #23 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:48 PM

Where's The Lamb Sauce, Sosig?

• Players
  • 13328 battles
  • [SPUD]

In the summer of 2014, I happened to be looking for a game of strategy. I'd tried PC on my good friend's account, and liked the game.

However, my ineptitude at dealing with artillery (kept getting blown to bits) was highly apparent, so I decided to try Blitz.

Plus, I've loved history since I was a kid, so it sparked further interest for the tech trees and studying them.

Now here I am, two years in with a Tier X owned for two months and a consistent hobby.

Now, for my story: 

About a year ago, I was left in a 1v7 with all of my team dead, and I had all of my hitpoints left. They kept rushing me in my VK 3001, one at a time (bad idea) and I kept destroying them. So that's how I got my first Kolobanov's medal and first Raseiniai Heroes' medal, and I was dumbfounded that a scrub like me got BOTH in a single battle.

Thanks for all the great experiences, WG. Keep it up.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe- Albert Einstein 

Gordon Ramsay's Lamb Sauce>Your Favorite Pillow Tanks

Proud Hype 59 and Shinobi Owner

[SPUD]Campers N' Taters

_aura #24 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 935 battles

Well, few years ago, I started to plat WOT PC. It was fun, blowing stuff up. A few thousand games later, I got bored. So I deleted WOT from my PC, and moved on to other games. *tears*. 

So when I saw blitz on the appstore, I was like "Oh, I know that game", and I downloaded it, and here I am. It's pretty fun, as I'm used to mobile controls, so its easier than WOT for me. I play like a few games before I go to bed, a few before I leave for school, and a few in my free time. What does WOTB mean to me? Well to answer that question, I have to ask you, "How do you spell WOTB?". Some people might say "W-O-T-B". I say that's wrong. It's actually spelled "F-U-N". So WOTB is a fun game to p[edited]the time.

Marc13Bautista #25 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:52 PM

AH NU CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!!!!!!!

• Players
  • 10355 battles
  • [ANEKI]

Oh man. Way back in December of 2014, I really had nothing to do during Winter Break. Since almost every app on the playstore was pay2win, ad filled, or just plain meant to be for 5 year of olds, ("flying cars" lm4o :D) I resorted to just playing basketball with my buds. One day though, my buds said they were gonna joyride around the island (I live in Oahu). I passed since I had to take care of my sis and to pa$$ the time, I decided to look again on the playstore for something fun to play that isn't from Gameloft or Glu Games (cashcow games). That's when I found Blitz! I looked at the previews and comments and it looked amazing so far, then I did some research so I knew what type of game I was going into. After a few random videos of Bushka and 48ton Ruckus, I decided to try it out and play. Man was I in love with this game when I first started playing it. The game ran silk smooth on my old reliable Galaxy S5, games of being a trollish noob that charged right into the reds and typed "I found them" were fun (for me :trollface:), and since I had no clan, I decided to join WT mostly because they sounded like cool dudes and made videos from Blitz. That's pretty much how I got into Blitz. Though it has changed a lot since then... good (ricochets) and bad (credits), but still it's the only game that is a true tank sim on android.

Word Count: 264 (Why do we need a maximum word count when there is so much to say about Blitz!?)

Edited by Marc13Bautista, 10 June 2016 - 08:04 PM.

~{"Drinking Vodka a day keeps the radiation away!"}{Signature created by Panbun}~

~{"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel}~

~{My Steam and Youtube}{Just your average inconsistent Unicum from MAHOU ANEKI}{Check out Maddox's mods at MadWoTBMods!}~

brabbit123 #26 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19297 battles

Way back in early 2015. I think it was a time when I was so into watching youtube. I would look up random things that sparked my interest. One of them of course was tanks.

One day, I opened up youtube and in my recommended section, there was a world of tanks (pc) video there. I was like,huh,there's a tank game out there? I started watching jingles at first, then qb, and so on. At the time I had no way of playing the pc version, so I would just watch live streams and videos of it.One day I was just browsing the app store and came across a game. Under the similar apps section I saw wotb. I downloaded but I sucked at the time.So I uninstalled. But one day I gave it another shot and actually stuck to it. Here I am, a little over a year and 17k battles later. I still have the same love for the game as I did in early March of last year. Blitz is a fun way for me to kill time. Met alot of people from the game in r.l. Hoping the game stays awesome as time goes on. 

Edited by brabbit123, 10 June 2016 - 10:38 PM.

Subtlepro #27 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 36134 battles
  • [GRMPS]

Blitz is my new gaming passion, something I can compete with all types of people at a moments notice.  

It allows me to relate with the mature and immature and the youthful and not so youthful on a common  passion.

But the best thing it lets me relate to my freshman jr. High grandson on his level, and he thinks I,m cool because  his granpop

Is a killer tanker, and we can play together almost anywhere we are.

And thats the best reward of all.

Knightofwarz

_Willy #28 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21080 battles

I started my journey as a mere level one adventurer, determined to rise to the top. I played as I ate my lunch, moving to level two, and level three. However, I noticed something. Why shoot red enemies when there are green members right beside you? 

I fired. Shot after shot. Round after round. Ending with -3 kills, I was extremely pleased with myself. Three kills! I had to be the best.

Then I pressed battle again. I shot my teammates. And then I was utterly destroyed, on my first day... Scared and confused when I was suddenly disconnected. 

But that didn't stop me, and I kept playing. Still a noob though.

CustardCreme #29 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:56 PM

C'est La Vie

• Players
  • 13734 battles
  • [ATLS]

It all started last year when my younger brother told me to try out this game he was playing on his Samsung Pad and at first I was reluctant to play because honestly I was too busy at the moment with school activities and with Dragon-vale. Not only that, but driving low graphic tanks in an online environment was incoherent. Why drive tanks when there are other games that people talk about such as Modern Warfare Black Ops, the new Wii U with Super Smash Bros (I find Metaknight fun/cheap) and there were plenty of other games that would equally preoccupy my mind.

Then at some point the game clicked and I ended up hogging the my brother's device and it came to the point where I entered my credit card and purchased the Panther M/10 which I addored until I realized APCR meant a hefty deduction to my net income of silver. Then I slowly started to do things I never did: Purchase micro-transactions in the game for $20-$30 each. Looking back, I have spent more than $150 and is something I never regret spending. To this day, I continue pixel purchases;FCM 50T, here I come.

Edited by FranceFleur, 10 June 2016 - 08:06 PM.

TZqWCQ9.png

Barban #30 Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:58 PM

Private

• Players
  • 51395 battles
  • [-RED-]
I started playing to kill the boredom, like I did on other games before knowing of the existence of this game. It was back on may from last year.
The most memorable battle that I remember was with my platoon mate Sniperl_ when we stood alone against 7 enemies, we both on centurions 7/1 (before the buff) and won... Epíc battle!
Also I had many other interesting battles during grinding all the lines and great moments from every tank,got some friends from it, in and out of it, met people from my city that provides good laughs talking about the game and also other subjects. That's why I don't see me stopping so soon.
I keep playing this instead of other games because I like the variety of playing styles it provides and it's by far the most fun that I found since I began playing. That's why I hope it keeps getting improved for the following years ahead.

Lulu___ #31 Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30231 battles
  • [BOPE_]

It started in 2014, when I was searching for multiplayer online game in my iPad, that included gun handling. So, I met World of Tanks Blitz for the first time. That day we had just 3 lines of tanks and 3 different flags. I knew I would fall in love for this game just because it makes my mind relax and stop thinking about all my problems. Since then, I started my journey for my first tier 10 tank, which I took so long to get there, because grinding a lot of different lines at the same time was not smart enough.

Once clans came into Blitz, I realized that I needed to get real better. I was 52% win rate that time and I focused on raising it. I even read Art of War by Sun Tzu to improve my strategy plans, making me a real strategist thinker in my clan.

Blitz: surround your enemy and get real smart to beat them all. In game and in life.

Edited by LMarques62, 10 June 2016 - 10:32 PM.

[<o>]

lukesith311 #32 Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9789 battles

I spent 6 years in the US Air Force as a crew chief on the A-10A thunderbolt II (aka warthog, aka ugly but well hung). You could say that alone sparked my interest in tanks however, it was being stationed in Spangdahlem Germany that really peaked my curiosity. I visited a lot of WWII sites, but the Argonne was what really did it for me. Anyone who has spent time in the modern military can appreciate that we have it a hell of a lot easier than our former counterparts. To stand in the woods where men and metal clashed in bloody do or die fighting has an effect on you. I spent my second deployment to Afghanistan as a security forces augmentee so I can say that I have seen my fair share of ugliness in war, more than I ever thought I would have in the Air Force.

After getting injured and living as a disabled vet, I found this particular game some what filled that void in my life of comradere and militaristic fun. Adjusting to civilian life was and still has remained very difficult for me, not a day goes by that I wish I was still in. So you could say as funny as it may sound, that WOTBlitz helps me deal with those issues. It's also a great stress reliever, or causer, depending on team play... That's my story.

Unitater #33 Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22189 battles

I joined blitz on the asia server in July of 2014, while i was on vacation in China. I was bored, tired of studying for the SAT, so i was scrolling through the wondrous app store when I came across this weird game..."
World of Tanks Blitz" I had heard of World of Tanks, but until recently never had good gaming computer to run it. I am also a history geek, so I figured I would give it a shot. I was such a noob, much like those who infuriate me till I want to throw my ipad across the room today. Then in August 2014, I had to make another acct on NA, since i came back from the vacation. 

I loved the game so much since it was like an arcade style "historical" game, a continuation of my interest from games I still play like Napoleon TW, Empire TW, Rome/medieval TW, AOE, etc.

All tier Xs acquired. Professional premium tank collector for WoTB.

Please check out my youtubeYOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Links to my guides can be found on my about me page (on profile)

Casual tanker, forum user, and pledge signer

_Meta #34 Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19351 battles
  • [SRT-]

Well Blitz popped up on my Facebook feed so I gave it a shot. Figured it was just another random game to try out. Almost 2 years later I am still playing. I think I’ve only downloaded one game since blitz but they’ve since been removed. I started playing on an iphone  4s and was the noob most of us loathed to have on their teams. With no PC experience my learning curve was not as quick as some but ultimately the desire to be great takes over.

So I decided to do some research and I found the forums. So much wonderful information and helpful people. Thunderthies was probably the first one I noticed with videos. It was almost like sensory overload at first. So I stopped playing and just studied. Shortly after I decided to join a clan and really try and step it up again. I ultimately joined Flynite and the growth continued. I actually picked Flynt because it used a variation of the USAF logo. A short time later some of us left and formed Titan. I learned even more and made some amazing friendships. Currently I call Sparta home. Although, any game can grow stale, it’s the friendships you make along the way that keeps me here. I’m grateful for all the people that helped me along the way and even more grateful to call Sparta home.  :honoring:

"It's a fool that goes into battle and doesn't use every tool at his disposal. If you ever catch yourself in a "fair" fight, you deserve to lose."-- Meta

_Pandageddon #35 Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:21 PM

Tunnels Concep

• Players
  • 30731 battles

Way back in 2013, I came across a channel named "Quickybaby", who is now very well known in the World of Tanks community. I watched a lot of his videos, and became interested in the game. I didn't have a good computer to run it, so I was playing on like 30 FPS, sometimes even lower. I quit after about a month of playing it; it was just too frustrating to play with such low FPS. I didn't progress that much either, and managed to forget the email for that account I created long ago. Skipping forward a little, towards the end of 2014, I was browsing some games to play in the App Store, and came across World of Tanks Blitz. I got so excited! I love playing tanks so much, and since I couldn't do so on PC, I finally could play tanks at 60 FPS and not be so frustrated! In conclusion to what Blitz means to me; Blitz is somewhere I can have fun playing tanks with friends, meet new people, and not be frustrated about having bad FPS! (I can play WoT PC at 60 FPS also, but I just prefer Blitz!)

---------------------

Word count: 197

wannabeunicum #36 Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26211 battles

Blitz is something I do for fun and to kill the boredom.

I picked the British heavy line at first as I heard about the matilda. Pretty cute how some seal clubbing keni otsus can't kill a Matilda. However I did over care about stats for a while but now I have reached 60 my stat thing is done I do not care anymore about stats as long as I am above 60.

However my favorite battle was either a kolobonav in my is3. I had  a total potato team that all died in 2 minutes besides some at15. He held of a couple of enemies for a while but however I had to kill 2 guys  next to me. After killing them the at15 died and 4 enemies were left. Usually this scenario means you are dead but However it being lost temple I used the the buildings to go hull down in my is3. Slowly I withered them away. The funniest part about that battle was the fact I managed to run out of all AP ammo and almost HE and apcr.

Edited by wannabeunicum, 11 June 2016 - 09:32 PM.

RedBarchetta3 #37 Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:34 PM

Verified √

• Players
  • 25569 battles
  • [DFNT]

When I downloaded World of Tanks Blitz, I knew nothing about Wargaming, World of Tanks or tanks in general. I had liked Battlezone when I was a kid, so Blitz seemed interesting when I saw the ad in the app store. The realism, game mechanics and audio had hooked me immediately.

Little did I know I had downloaded the game during the first week it was available. I played for hours that first day, and then for the second day, and so on. The early days were difficult, just surviving a game was cause for celebration. Then I found the forums, read about tactics, watched some videos, platooned and joined a clan. I slowly got better. 

Here I am, nearly 2 years and 21,000 games later. Along the way, I've had a blast and made friends from all over. I have learned more about tanks than I ever thought I could know and learned a little about history. While visiting Paris last year, to my family's surprise, I insisted we stop at the Musee de l'Armee to see the tanks they had on display. I never would've done that before Blitz. Pretty amazing for a mobile game.

I strip away the old debris that hides a shining car, a brilliant red barchetta from a better vanished time

My not so helpful WOTB videos are on YouTube

The problem will solve itself with time.

Chavalitos_De_Guerra #38 Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Banned
  • 11283 battles
  • [NCPD]
where do we write the 1 million word essay? here?

My YouTube Channel

Favorite Tanks: Obj.140Kenny Otsu - IS-6

Most Hated Tanks: Doom Turtle - Death Star - Type 59

witwhat #39 Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15010 battles
  • [AWOL]

I have a very close friend. That friend and I grew up together. In middle school and high school, we always used to play cards games together and against each other every chance we got. Before school, after school, during lunch, breaks, etc. One day he moved away for school and we mostly fell out of touch. After his school was over, I was able to get him a job at the company I worked at, so he moved back up. We began to play video games together just like when we played card games back in high school. Any chance we got. Soon, families became a thing and we fell out of being able to game like we used to. One day at work, he began talking about this game he would play on his phone. After a few months, I decided to give it a shot. And now we game with that together all the time any chance we get.

To me, Blitz is a way for me to and my friend to hang out just like we used to in the old times. A way to remember the old times and make new memories.

The Dork has Spoken!

I'm still a noob, but my luck has changed. Yours can to.

Don't stress about stats. Enjoy the game!

G0ClimbAR0ck #40 Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:43 PM

Snoopy's Sopwith Camel

• Players
  • 46893 battles
  • [STORM]

I started playing blitz after seeing an add online for the game around the time the movie “Fury” came out. The add piqued my interest, as I had never even heard of the World of Tanks game on PC.  I had been looking for a game like this for my phone after giving up playing xbox because of my frugality. At this point, my iPhone for the most part replaced my computer.  I had gone through many apps on my phone, but nothing had even come close to matching the staying power World of Tanks Blitz has.

Being able to play a competitive game wherever I go while on my phone is a huge plus. Blitz is more than just a game. It is a hobby, a pleasant and fun way to spend some free time. Clans have further added to that experience; being able to talk about the game and share experiences with others had added a sense of camaraderie that I haven’t found in any other gaming community.  Here’s to more fun blowing up tanks! o7

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users