What does Blitz mean to you?

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

Bronyman50 #61 Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:43 PM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 26505 battles
  • [TISM]

View PostHerodotus4, on 10 June 2016 - 04:42 PM, said:

This is exactly 200 words, I am not sure if it is positive enough though.

When I started playing blitz I had watched a bunch of YouTube videos from before you could buy premium ammunition for credits, consequently for five thousand battles I fired no APCR or HEAT ammunition before I found the ammo currency selector which meant that I still do not have to fire very much of it since I learned how to function without that. Since figuring out that you do not have to be stuck with 175 penetration when you start grinding the ST-1 it has definitely helped my stats, and especially my awareness of them. At the same time this cause problems, once I figured out what stats were I wanted better stats and so it, for a while, turned a stress reliever into a highly stressful activity. On the other hand I have recently managed to make myself not check my stats, this has helped a lot and I started to enjoy blitz much more by simply not caring about anything besides the current game. I actually have no idea what my current win rate is, I think it is in the low 61% area but I have not checked recently. TLDR: stat-checking is bad for fun.

Man i remember having to fight ST-1s in my KV3. Hellish it was

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

Darkeh #62 Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:47 PM

HighExpectationz's Father

• Players
  • 44545 battles
  • [-MM]

Alright so... Let's see I was playing another game way back before Blitz and I grown tired of the game. I went to the AppStore and I saw all over "Try the new amazing World of Tanks Blitz™!". I was pretty fond of tanks (I had no knowledge prior to playing the game) so I gave it a go! At first it was really hard to understand ANYTHING, module upgrades, tank armor, penetration, alpha, etc... But after playing the game for a couple of months. I'd say I got addicted to it really quickly. My first tank was the Cunningham, I despised German tanks (because I was nub and had WWII mentality), I went up the tank destroyer line. I guess you could say my tanks were noob friendly until tier III :D. I remember derping, tanks in my T18, T82 and T40 were so fun. I didn't even care about W/R (actually I had 50% and thought that was "decent" ). But then... The Wolverine showed itself to me... And I thought "Wow! I haven't seen a tank with a turret since T1 :00000", the turret was great but I had to sacrifice one thing that made tank destroyers fun for me... Le derp. Believe me I was 100% noob and stubborn, I went for the AT gun that was derp... I got so frustrated because none of my shots penned and did splash damage. I submitted to defeat and used the M1A1 76mm gun. It wasn't THAT bad I had decent depression and basically no armor (which was the norm at that point). I always dreamed that one day my tanks would have ridiculous armor and bounce everything (I didn't know any tank lines, obviously). The Jackson was pretty fun, 90mm it felt like a mini derp, but I wanted more. T25 AT Came by and gave me speed and 105mm. I was starting to like the American TD line! I would always swish my cannon like a light saber to bounce shots when tanks got near me xD. Then.... Everything changed.... T28 long, brown and UGLY. I couldn't even look at my tank without laughing, my armor was starting to come true! More bounces and I got 120mm, spamming my shots likes there's no tomorrow! The speed got me a little down because I was so used to T82 speed - T25 AT speed. After a couple of months of grinding I got the T95. The T95, I don't know why, but I was cheap stake and used free crew (50%), STOCK ENGINE, STOCK TRACKS, I look back at this now and I really don't know how I survived... Once I maxed out the tank it was still fraggin' slow, on the contrary my "Le Derp" cannon finally came back with penetration and HUGE alpha. Pretty happy I could bounce shots like I did with my T18 and derp! Traverse was good, just had to avoid mediums so they don't flank/COD me. Another 2 months passed and I got my T110E3. I didn't know how to feel for this tank... It had a big chubby piece of armor sticking out that ANYONE can pen, but the rest was red (which in my head meant invincible). Wow. Tier X full of gold spammers rendering my armor useless :(. I didn't know what to do, I kept playing until I formed a decent strategy. From there on my conquest of a puny noob, wishing to have a tank with auto bounce armor came true...

Then I saw the E100 :P

Edited by Darkeh, 10 June 2016 - 09:49 PM.

Work hard today to be better tomorrow and forget yesterday...

I actually have a 46% win rate and 500 average damage. Please don't bully me :/

Bronyman50 #63 Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:48 PM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 26505 battles
  • [TISM]

View PostDarkeh, on 10 June 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

Alright so... Let's see I was playing another game way back before Blitz and I grown tired of the game. I went to the AppStore and I saw all over "Try the new amazing World of Tanks Blitz™!". I was pretty fond of tanks (I had no knowledge prior to playing the game) so I gave it a go! At first it was really hard to understand ANYTHING, module upgrades, tank armor, penetration, alpha, etc... But after playing the game for a couple of months. I'd say I got addicted to it really quickly. My first tank was the Cunningham, I despised German tanks (because I was nub and had WWII mentality), I went up the tank destroyer line. I guess you could say my tanks were noob friendly until tier III :D. I remember derping, tanks in my T18, T82 and T40 were so fun. I didn't even care about W/R (actually I had 50% and thought that was "decent"). But then... The Wolverine showed itself to me... And I thought "Wow! I haven't seen a tank with a turret since T1 :00000", the turret was great but I had to sacrifice one thing that made tank destroyers fun for me... Le derp. Believe me I was 100% noob and stubborn, I went for the AT gun that was derp... I got so frustrated because none of my shots penned and did splash damage. I submitted to defeat and used the M1A1 76mm gun. It wasn't THAT bad I had decent depression and basically no armor (which was the norm at that point). I always dreamed that one day my tanks would have ridiculous armor and bounce everything (I didn't know any tank lines, obviously). The Jackson was pretty fun, 90mm it felt like a mini derp, but I wanted more. T25 AT Came by and gave me speed and 105mm. I was starting to like the American TD line! I would always swish my cannon like a light saber to bounce shots when tanks got near me xD. Then.... Everything changed.... T28 long, brown and UGLY. I couldn't even look at my tank without laughing, my armor was starting to come true! More bounces and I got 120mm, spamming my shots likes there's no tomorrow! The speed got me a little down because I was so used to T82 speed - T25 AT speed. After a couple of months of grinding I got the T95. The T95, I don't know why, but I was cheap stake and used free crew (50%), STOCK ENGINE, STOCK TRACKS, I look back at this now and I really don't know how I survived... Once I maxed out the tank it was still fraggin' slow, on the contrary my "Le Derp" cannon finally came back with penetration and HUGE alpha. Pretty happy I could bounce shots like I did with my T18 and derp! Traverse was good, just had to avoid mediums so they don't flank/COD me. Another 2 months passed and I got my T110E3. I didn't know how to feel for this tank... It had a big chubby piece of armor sticking out that ANYONE can pen, but the rest was red (which in my head meant invincible). Wow. Tier X full of gold spammers rendering my armor useless :(. I didn't know what to do, I kept playing until I formed a decent strategy. From there on my conquest of a puny noob, wishing to have a tank with auto bounce armor came true...

Then I saw the E100 :P

a little more then 250 words there......

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

FlammeumDraco333 #64 Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:49 PM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]

My 195 word entry:

I should start at the beginning and how I got started in Blitz. A couple years ago, _Wilde and I were on another game forum, which I won't go into here. I knew he was playing this game, as he would incessantly talk about it. It would always annoy me, as I didn't have a device powerful enough to play the game. So when I got my new iPhone 6 last year, I immediately downloaded and started playing. I took some suggestions on what tanks I should grind, etc, and generally noobed around until I discovered the forums, and then I started to "git gud." Now I'm here today.

The reasons I play are a different topic. I was always interested in things related to warfare and military equipment, most namely ships and tanks. So it's only natural for me to be playing a game which is all about tanks. I enjoy driving historical vehicles around the battlefield, as well as taking advantage of the strategical opportunities this game provides. I would say that I play this game because of the historical basis it's founded on, as well as the strategic elements within the game.

View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

Darkeh #65 Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:49 PM

HighExpectationz's Father

• Players
  • 44545 battles
  • [-MM]

View PostBronyman50, on 10 June 2016 - 04:48 PM, said:

a little more then 250 words there......

Hmmm... A decent story of a noob you might say :^)

Edited by Darkeh, 10 June 2016 - 09:50 PM.

Work hard today to be better tomorrow and forget yesterday...

I actually have a 46% win rate and 500 average damage. Please don't bully me :/

___Griffdog___ #66 Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 28902 battles
I started playing Blitz over the Christmas holidays in 2014 on my Iphone.  Didn't know anything about win rate or stats total Noob probably took 500 battles before I figured out where the cap was.  Have had a blast once I found the fourms and started learning more about the game.  Still remember BlitzBowl, waiting for the list to update and see if I was in the top 100, that's when I really got invested in Blitz.  

Icefang50 #67 Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:57 PM

Endeavor to Persevere

• Players
  • 34636 battles
  • [-MAX-]
So, my brother tells me years ago to look into World of Tanks on PC, but I'm busy with moving and kids, blah, blah. Then early last year he says World of Tanks has come to IOS and should look into it.  I remember saying "oh no, I would get addicted to that". A few days or so later, I'm reviewing my son's app downloads and there was Blitz. He had been playing it for a few weeks.  I am hooked instantly.  I had no understanding that the game could possibly have any sophisticated mechanics.  I had played, grown-up on pacman and ms pacman, we were terrible for the longest time. I somehow found the forums a year ago.  What great resource with so many helpful, friendly people. I met some friends, studied the forums, watched videos of other players ).  Yeah, I am addicted.  The game is fun and it's a retreat.  

Ausf_G #68 Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 48945 battles
  • [11TH]

View PostHEATnoob, on 10 June 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

250 not worth it.

but will cry about credit loss and economics of the battle ???

Commander of the 11TH Panzer Division. vom Führer Genehmigt

Ha! Derging voll durch ihre panzerung

Der steht in Flammen! 

Hope I dont catch a ban for this post.

DisordeR_ #69 Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30953 battles
  • [-BA-]

View PostBronyman50, on 10 June 2016 - 09:27 PM, said:

I have to really thank ChaosAcending, he was the guy who got me into High Leagues. 

Yo Brony, very cool man. Glad that I helped you out, keep on tanking. o7, Chaos

spamalot2010 #70 Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14880 battles

Blitz started out as a more mobile and easier to sit down and play alternative to WOT Xbox, but when clans came out and I realized my stats were so bad, no clan would ever want me, Blitz became a serious endeavor.

I spent the next over 9000(!) battles improving my game, learning from some of the best players in the game and getting accepted into the greatest clan. Blitz was then a place for me to go and have fun with my friends from the clan.

Since update 2.7, Blitz has become a much smaller part of my life. I still read the forums and chat with my clan mates. I even participated in some scrimmage matches for clan wars, but Blitz has fallen become too much of a time investment to grind credits for me to go much further. I still play, and i will always remember the game in its heyday, but it's just not the same any more.

I hope that on day Blitz will return to what it once was and i can feel revitalized and renewed interest in grinding out those last few tanks i don't have yet.

Edited by spamalot2010, 10 June 2016 - 10:39 PM.

SchnauzerKampfwagenIV #71 Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:19 PM

If injured in battle please call Dr. S. Paul Abpraller III DVM E

• Players
  • 35408 battles
  • [ISSAH]

When I was a kid I built military models of WWII armor, mostly German, was pretty good too, did a few realistic dioramas and eventually got  an airbrush and compressor to do better camoflages. In any event without a dedicated workspace it became more difficult to continue and it eventually became a thing of the past. However I always retained my interest in armor and militaria in general. I don't know 

how I came across WOTB in Android market but I did and downloaded it, Im not a gamer, never played a modern video game, had an Atari 2600 as a kid and that was basically Igninat and Ur from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, indistinct squares shooting smaller squares at each other. When I first opened WOTB I could not believe the level of detail and realism of the armor. I was immediately hooked, but quite  terrible. Did everything wrong. Didnt know about the forums or strategy and just thought you're supoosed to shoot up the tiers asap. My WR is suffering from those errors at 11,000 matches now but to me this platform is more than a game its a hobby, I am immersed in it and determined to get better and do the very best I can now. Everytime I play Im astonished that something like this is playable on a hand held device!  And as an addendum playing helps me to not smoke cigarettes as playing fulfils several analogs, reward receptor fulfillment, manual activity, and lets be honest it's addictive. But far healthier than tobacco. 

Edited by SchnauzerKampfwagenIV, 11 June 2016 - 06:53 PM.

Warbird1974 #72 Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14950 battles
  • [JSTME]
I don't think WG will be handing out much gold based on the rampant over/under word count going on here. Check your stuff, guys / gals. Don't get left out because you couldn't follow a simple rule. :arta:

Ace Mastery: T1 Cunningham, T2 Medium, M2 Medium (x5), M4A3E8 Sherman, T1 Heavy (x2), Pz. Kpfw. II, PanzerJager I (x3), BT-7 (x2), KV-1, SU-85I, Cromwell B, T-28, DW 2, MK I* Heavy Tank (x2), KV-1S, M5 Stuart, Tiger I, FCM 50t, T25/2, ARL 44, Hetzer, T7 Combat Car, S35 CA (3), Pz. B2, Renault FT, SU-100Y (2) (Renault Otsu, SU-76, T2 Light)

"I used to be a 'yolo-er' like you, until I took an APCR to the ammo rack."

Player_39363936 #73 Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 66653 battles
  • [EWENS]

I actually used Blitz to lose some weight in the beginning.    Not a lot, maybe 15-20 pounds.   I'm the kind of person that comes home and eats all night.  And so Blitz was great for me because I had my hands full of the ipad and the game instead snacking food all night long.  I'm six foot tall, and about 203 pounds right now, so my weight's not too bad.  But the game is still a great distractor from food.

Right from the beginning I would get attacked by these crazy great players like Nuke, Concep, thunderthies,   and the challenge for me became survival, and maybe learning to fight back without getting crazy embarrassed by those guys.

A recent great moment for me on mines in my t-43 had concep fleeing over the side of the cliff, so I like to think I've become a respectfully good player.  Don't get me wrong, the great players still eat my lunch more often than not.

Edited by Indiana__Jones, 10 June 2016 - 10:55 PM.

FlammeumDraco333 #74 Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:54 PM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]

View PostWarbird1974, on 10 June 2016 - 06:21 PM, said:

I don't think WG will be handing out much gold based on the rampant over/under word count going on here. Check your stuff, guys / gals. Don't get left out because you couldn't follow a simple rule. :arta:

Agreed. Definitely feel sorry for those poor souls who wrote us massive essays when all they needed was 150-200 words...

View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

dont_open_dead_inside #75 Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11607 battles
  • [SPUDX]

It all started when I got a ipad for our school’s iPad 1:1 program sometime in 2014. In math, I noticed a classmate playing some tank game. It looked like a interesting game, and I ended up installing it to check it out. I started out not understanding game mechanics, wondering why my shots didn't do damage and why tanks disappeared from view. April fools came, and with it, the announcement that they were adding apple watch artillery strikes. I went to the forum to complain about this, (without realising it was an April Fools prank) and made my first post on the forum. I had discovered the forum and I started to browse the forums more and more frequently and watched blitz videos and learned to play better. I now try to spend as much time playing as possible. Blitz is, in my opinion, the best tank game on the App Store/Playstore.

f9Yj0xl.gif

reluctanttheist #76 Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:33 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 24583 battles
  • [III-H]

World of Tanks Blitz is the first game that’s appealed to me since my college days.  I’m a busy parent of four kids, and between the day job and teaching nights at a local university, there isn’t much opportunity to play.  But when my kids showed me World of Tanks Blitz, I knew this was something I could do!  Blitz offers short games you can play – anywhere.  It has all the tanks I knew from history – the Tiger and Sherman tanks from WW2, and the Patton and IS tanks from the postwar era.  The graphics and gameplay are astonishing.  I have tried other mobile games, but none had the depth or elegance that Blitz has.  Blitz is a game an adult can get into – it’s smart, fun, and doesn’t require a lot of time.  I can play with friends, either in the same room or from across the country.  I play with my kids, and with guys I’ve met through the game who are old enough to be my dad!  Some are ex-military and have driven the tanks in the game!  World of Tanks Blitz is a modern marvel and has been a rewarding reintroduction to gaming for me.

199 words ;)

Edited by reluctanttheist, 11 June 2016 - 12:25 AM.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

reluctanttheist #77 Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:36 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 24583 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostArmzilla49, on 10 June 2016 - 01:20 PM, said:

I still remember the faithful day 

I think you meant fateful.  ;)

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

A7X0 #78 Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:41 PM

E4k

• Players
  • 25203 battles
  • [PRAMO]

So back in 2014 before Blitz, I was a Minecraft fan. All I played was pretty much Minecraft PE and I was excited for an update that was about to come out but there was a week left and I couldn't wait any longer. I was bored and went on the app store to see a tank game emerge on the newest releases. I've always been interested by tanks so I figured I would give it a try. I found it very fun although much different from what I expected. I always imagined shells to explode much more violently than they do in WoT, but the game was addicting and I started playing this game much more than Minecraft.

I continued to play and became a competitive player just months after the release. The game was fun to play regardless, but I started to have goals. Then summer of 2015 came and I pretty much did nothing but play the game. So in summary, a casual find on the app store led to me becoming hooked and even now I still play because of how much I've established in this, at times, unpredictable, yet fun game.

underlined = click!

E 100, IS-7, T-62A, Jg. Pz. E 100, T110E3, T110E5[Guide], Object 268FV215b, E 50 M[Guide], IS-4FV4202, Object 140[Guide]M48 Patton, T110E4, STB-1

4014 average damage in Obj. 140, 4055 average damage in T110E4

BVZ_24 #79 Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:04 AM

Glass Cannon

• Players
  • 17360 battles
  • [EDGE]
When my old standby WW2 arcade game, HIS, go to manure after a management change, I needed to find something to keep me from suffering extreme boredom. I tried Warthunder, Warplanes, and a few other flight games, but they just didn't come to me as easy as the first game, and I started to lose interest in the genre. When I heard a community of HIS players went to  WoT, I  went there. It was fun, but my PC just couldn't handle it. A few months later, I heard the WoT was on mobile, and immediately put it on my iPad. I got to tier 8 with a 54% w/r before disaster struck. Who knew iPads hated coffee. By the time I got a new one, I forgot my password and I elected just to start over. I got back to tier 8, and then to 9, where I am now. I have since gotten a new PC, that can run the original WoT, but after trying it, I prefer the more dynamic playstyle of Blitz. I now play Blitz on a Win10 computer rather than a tablet, but the fun is still there, just the same. 

pekx #80 Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 32442 battles
  • [RBLN]

I don’t usually download a lot of iPhone games, so it was pretty random that I picked up Blitz in June 2014. It was immediately fun, because it was a low key and quick way to compete directly with other people online. Ever since first or second grade, I’ve been fascinated by World War II, so the fact that this game tapped into that interest as well must have been a factor in how I got hooked.

Usually when I get an iPhone game that I really like, I play it pretty intensely and then burn out and typically uninstall it. Somehow, I have never gotten tired of Blitz.

I’ve always been really competitive in sports, but over the course of high school and college, I had 5 ACL surgeries. So, I’ve had to give up lacrosse, soccer, and volleyball--all of my favorite competitive outlets. Surfing has been an super fun new way for me to get outside and exercise, but Blitz has the way that I satisfy my competitive drive.

Of course, I have to remind myself not to take the game too seriously… ;)

[RBLN]

*insert crap stats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users