DW 2 - 12,723 WN8. Stats rehab taken to a new level.

Seal Clubbing DW2

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Libereco #1 Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19282 battles

I was doing some WN7 rehab for the tanks I really sucked in when I started playing, and the DW 2 was one of them, like the third worst. I re-bought it yesterday night to give it a try. No platoon needed for this.

"It got some buffs last year, right?" Yes, yes it did. 

The 7,5 cm gun is totally game breaking. Unbalanced and broken in the right hands. Snapshotting, sniping and brawling, all in one, excelling in all. I realised I was dealing like 1500+ per game, with help from some APCR, won't lie. Got several masteries, 2 Raseiniai medals and a bunch of clubbed seals. Even a 3k game that I sadly didn't save, it was a new record. 

If you like to club, then this is your new toy, boys. Broken/10 would recommend. 

Edited by Libereco, 15 June 2016 - 02:24 AM.

Morphman_ #2 Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32775 battles
  • [2WEAK]
When you figure out only tiers 5+ actually count. lol stet peddar.

Tier X: Obj. 140 T-62A,  IS-7, Obj. 268, IS-4, FV4202, T110E5. Highlighted = Bought

Most likely to be banned in next couple of minutes

Silevern #3 Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:56 AM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17616 battles

From what I dimly remember a bit more than a year ago my experiences with the D.W. 2 involved lots of shooting of defenseless crates and fences, bouts of manic fury at the tank's ineptitude, and many, many rage tears.

WG can buff this tank as much as they want, I shudder to even see a D.W. 2 in the tank listings.

Libereco #4 Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19282 battles

View PostMorphmanMVP, on 12 June 2016 - 11:53 PM, said:

When you figure out only tiers 5+ actually count. lol stet peddar.

Really? I got 5 WN7 points for it.

Libereco #5 Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19282 battles

View PostSilevern, on 12 June 2016 - 11:56 PM, said:

From what I dimly remember a bit more than a year ago my experiences with the D.W. 2 involved lots of shooting of defenseless crates and fences, bouts of manic fury at the tank's ineptitude, and many, many rage tears.

WG can buff this tank as much as they want, I shudder to even see a D.W. 2 in the tank listings.

It's better than a Matilda now IMO. The gun makes it really good.

Wboys #6 Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:59 AM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 32398 battles
  • [VRTX]

View PostLibereco, on 12 June 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

I was doing some WN7 rehab for the tanks I really sucked in when I started playing, and the DW 2 was one of them, like the third worst. I re-bought it yesterday night to give it a try. No platoon needed for this.

"It got some buffs last year, right?" Yes, yes it did. 

The 7,5 cm gun is totally game breaking. Unbalanced and broken in the right hands. Snapshotting, sniping and brawling, all in one, excelling in all. I realised I was dealing like 1500+ per game, with help from some APCR, won't lie. Got several masteries, 2 Raseiniai medals and a bunch of clubbed seals. Even a 3k game that I sadly didn't save, it was a new record. 

If you like to club, then this is your new toy, boys. Broken/10 would recommend. 

Broken/10, couldn't have put it better my self! I am operating a similar stat rehab program, and DW was one of the tanks I sucked at when I got it (plus it sucked then too). I pretty much had the same reaction you did, and even made a similar post declaring my new allegiance as a member of the DW 2 fan club. Sadly I played so many battles in it as a scrub that even though I am boasting similar stats to yours now (around 1,300 dmg/game), my average damage in it is still 800~ lol.  

https://www.blitzsta...layer/com/Wboys

Leader of Vort3x

Goals: 60% wr without stat padding, researching all tier Xs (1 left!)

Favorite Mark Twain quotes: "Man was made at the end of the work week, when God was tired." ~ "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~ "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." ~ "Don't let school interfere with your education." ~ "Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ "Go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

Wboys #7 Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:00 AM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 32398 battles
  • [VRTX]

View PostLibereco, on 12 June 2016 - 08:59 PM, said:

It's better than a Matilda now IMO. The gun makes it really good.

I think the mobility and gun make it a much better choice to Matilda. Feels a shade less OP than the origonal Luchs (what were they THINKING with that thing?).

Leader of Vort3x

Favorite Mark Twain quotes: "Man was made at the end of the work week, when God was tired." ~ "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~ "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." ~ "Don't let school interfere with your education." ~ "Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ "Go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

_Wilde #8 Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:05 AM

Zootopia's Finest Tanker

• Players
  • 15478 battles
  • [NVA]

View PostSilevern, on 12 June 2016 - 09:56 PM, said:

the stats of mine haven't been touched since I first started playing. Which is odd because I wasn't that good when I first started playing.... 

Im deciding whether to play it again, because it's one of those tanks you have mixed memories of

Auferstanden aus Ruinen

Für den Schutz der Arbeiter und Bauern Macht.

Wboys #9 Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:06 AM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 32398 battles
  • [VRTX]

View PostSilevern, on 12 June 2016 - 08:56 PM, said:

Ok then, I demand WG gives this tank the gun from the Obj 263 :trollface:

Leader of Vort3x

Rion12 #10 Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:07 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9303 battles

I remember the D.W. 2 back before the buff.

I actually didn't do too badly with it. But, I also went in fully expecting the worst thing I would ever drive.

_LOONA #11 Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:11 AM

LOOΠΔ

• Players
  • 14327 battles
The tier 4 tank is definitely broken. As it has great mobility for a tank that has a good gun but has quite good side armor for side scrapping. The tier 5 heavy is extremely awful tho. The tank is just way too sluggish for the amount of armor it has which is basically non. 

Wboys #12 Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:11 AM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 32398 battles
  • [VRTX]

View Post_Wilde, on 12 June 2016 - 09:05 PM, said:

the stats of mine haven't been touched since I first started playing. Which is odd because I wasn't that good when I first started playing.... 

Im deciding whether to play it again, because it's one of those tanks you have mixed memories of

Prepare to unmix those memories. Buy it back and one battle will be all it takes. This tank is the next best thing to the old Luchs. No one realizes it because it was so bad and most good players have moved on from tier 4 and even if you play tier 4 most players are so bad they make ALL the tanks look bad. Buy it back and prepare for noobs to repeatedly shoot your side, take snap shots on the move, flank the helpless noobs who dont traverse their hulls, confuse peope by actually repositioing, and take on the average KV 1 without breaking a sweat. 

Leader of Vort3x

Libereco #13 Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19282 battles

View PostWboys, on 13 June 2016 - 12:11 AM, said:

Prepare to unmix those memories. Buy it back and one battle will be all it takes. This tank is the next best thing to the old Luchs. No one realizes it because it was so bad and most good players have moved on from tier 4 and even if you play tier 4 most players are so bad they make ALL the tanks look bad. Buy it back and prepare for noobs to repeatedly shoot your side, take snap shots on the move, flank the helpless noobs who dont traverse their hulls, confuse peope by actually repositioing, and take on the average KV 1 without breaking a sweat. 

This ^^^

Nobody pays attention to you, like wth. The invisible and invincible little tonk.

LAPPELduvide #14 Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:49 AM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24316 battles
  • [ANEKI]
Darn, too bad I played like 20 games in it back when I first started (my first goal was the E100) I did utterly horrible, I think I went like 40% in it, and I quit at the DW2.  I remember the pen being so bad that when faced against another DW2 it was a stalemate as the gun was sooo bad it couldn't even pen itself. Sad times... Now it looks like a clubbing machine, too bad I can't go for a 99% WR in it now. 

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

Best ANIME CLAN in the NA and a nice community for weebs. 

Wboys #15 Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:04 AM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 32398 battles
  • [VRTX]

View PostSenpaiPleaseBeGentle, on 12 June 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

Darn, too bad I played like 20 games in it back when I first started (my first goal was the E100) I did utterly horrible, I think I went like 40% in it, and I quit at the DW2.  I remember the pen being so bad that when faced against another DW2 it was a stalemate as the gun was sooo bad it couldn't even pen itself. Sad times... Now it looks like a clubbing machine, too bad I can't go for a 99% WR in it now. 

That is exactly what happened, lol. And in those days 99% of tier 4 players (including me :child:  lol) didn't know how to slant. Only decent place to shoot for was the flat turret cheeks facing you, though I am sure you would pen with gold, but most people didn't use gold in tier 4 then either. it was like two Maus fighting without gold almost exactly :popcorn:

Edited by Wboys, 13 June 2016 - 04:05 AM.

Leader of Vort3x

Libereco #16 Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19282 battles

View PostSenpaiPleaseBeGentle, on 13 June 2016 - 12:49 AM, said:

>Tfw it can't pen itself

But, back to the topic, it's worth the tank rehab 100%.

Edited by Libereco, 13 June 2016 - 04:06 AM.

CrimsonMG #17 Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10731 battles
Rest in nerfs my beloved Hetzer, used to be the most fun seal clubber.

Edited by CrimsonMG, 13 June 2016 - 04:24 AM.

MarBearCat #18 Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:50 AM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22386 battles
  • [SDWA]

I'm still one of the best DW 2ers who hasn't aced it. 310 battles 70% win rate 1.3 kills / battle 718 avg damage

52% survival all that wrapped into a 1st cl[edited]only mastery.

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

MSixteen #19 Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:04 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18538 battles
  • [_V_]
I never had a problem with the DW2... Thought it was a good tank

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

gizmodjango #20 Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:45 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17523 battles
  • [-1]

View PostMarBearCat, on 12 June 2016 - 09:50 PM, said:

I'm still one of the best DW 2ers who hasn't aced it. 310 battles 70% win rate 1.3 kills / battle 718 avg damage

52% survival all that wrapped into a 1st cl[edited]only mastery.

Well, I got you beat down the line. 75% win rate, 1.59 kills/battle, 851 avg damg, 55% survival. Nope. No Mastery for me. Oh well. 60% of battles pre-buff, too. 

How much did the buffs matter? Before they buffed it, my star1 was on pace to be top 5. Post buff? I'm not even top 100. 

Edited by gizmodjango, 13 June 2016 - 05:47 AM.

Also tagged with Seal Clubbing, DW2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users