Clan Newbie Platoon Training Community

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

spydrummer #1 Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:01 PM

Private

• Players
  • 754 battles

Hey guys,

I've been gaming generally since maybe 1990 and am new to this game. Unlike other games I've played there is no global in-game chat which leaves me feeling in the dark more than usual about quick questions that don't really warrant a forum post, clans, and just making a network in-game- so I've been in the forums and whatnot reading up. I applied to the -BT- clan and haven't gotten a response yet, so I was hoping to find someone here who might be able to help me get the ball rolling. I'm new, not stupid, and am sure I could grow very quickly in a trainer/feeder clan or with someone to play with that would make the random team games more fun and coordinated- flying solo in these maps has been somewhat frustrating as I grind through various tank types and learn them through trial and error.

Thanks for reading, and any light you could shed on becoming part of an in-game community with my neophyte stats would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. - I do have discord.

thanks,

Spydrummer

xnj #2 Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:05 PM

Space Cowboy

• Players
  • 16882 battles

Welcome to Blitz, and the Forums!

Good luck finding a proper clan and getting situated in-game and on the forums.

You can find great resources here if you look hard enough.

Nothing New

BorisBaddenov #3 Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:06 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26954 battles
  • [III-R]

Spy!

Welcome to Blitz!

I'd be happy to mentor you.  I am not the best player - by far.  But I can certainly get you started in the proper direction.  You can add me in game, and here on the forums.  I'm happy to answer questions you might have.

It is really good to see a new player here on the forums so early in their Blitz career.

Welcome again!

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

HESHSlingingSplasher #4 Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:23 PM

HESHSlingingSplasher

• Players
  • 18917 battles
  • [NRF]

http://wotbstars.com/?usr=spydrummer&geo=NA&lng=eng

Well, here are your stats. You're a new player so they're expected to be bad, but now worries because you're only at 100 battles so it's an easy fix. There's not much to analyze in your stats though because you have so few battles, but if you have any questions, then feel free to ask me.

When you get up to around Tier 7 or 8, I'll show you some tactics and strategies in training rooms to help you cope with the demands of higher tiers. 

One last thing to note though is your choice for your first tank line. The American medium/heavy lines are typically less rewarding to new players than other lines because inexperienced players won't understand their strengths and weaknesses. However, if you were to grind the Russian IS/KV line, then you can understand the basics of armor and those lines are usually easier to play than anything else.

outersketcher #5 Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12812 battles
  • [COD-R]

View Postspydrummer, on 14 June 2016 - 08:01 AM, said:

Hey guys,

I've been gaming generally since maybe 1990 and am new to this game. Unlike other games I've played there is no global in-game chat which leaves me feeling in the dark more than usual about quick questions that don't really warrant a forum post, clans, and just making a network in-game- so I've been in the forums and whatnot reading up. I applied to the -BT- clan and haven't gotten a response yet, so I was hoping to find someone here who might be able to help me get the ball rolling. I'm new, not stupid, and am sure I could grow very quickly in a trainer/feeder clan or with someone to play with that would make the random team games more fun and coordinated- flying solo in these maps has been somewhat frustrating as I grind through various tank types and learn them through trial and error.

Thanks for reading, and any light you could shed on becoming part of an in-game community with my neophyte stats would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. - I do have discord.

thanks,

Spydrummer

Welcome!. And I like the -bt- clan. The mentors are NOT and I stress.. usually NOT members of the clan. But members of other clans who have volunteered their expertise and help to those of us in the -bt- clan.

I believe the reason you haven't been accepted into the -bt- clan is simply that you haven't played enough games yet. But I'm not sure.

I'll platoon with you anytime. And take Boris up on his offer.. he helped me out lot.

Ohh.. and here are the three, okay.. four.. fppfpt.. allright.. FIVE.. MOST important skills one needs to be a good tanker.. IMHO.

1) Patience. Control your eagerness. Don't rush out into the front to your death (we call it "Yoloing). And dont follow after your target for the kill blindly.

2) Keep yourself under cover. ESPECIALLY after you've fired a shot. Get under cover while your reload. Dont sit out in the open with your pants around your ankles.. you'll be killed.

3) Choose your shots carefully. Three carefully aimed shots that NAILED your target are way better then 20 shots, sprayed all over the place uselessly.

4) Learn how to bounce a round from your armor. Through angling.. sidescraping.. juking and wiggling your vehicle. DON'T SIT STILL!. A stationary tank is an easy target.

5) Situational awareness. Typical new players do what we call "tunneling".. they focus on thier chosen target.. and don't realize that there are three enemy tanks sneaking up on therr butt. Go into sniper mode.. take your shot... then GET OUT of sniper mode and look around. Check your mini map constantly. Know where your players are and where the reds are.

Edited by outersketcher, 14 June 2016 - 06:24 PM.

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

spydrummer #6 Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:51 PM

Private

• Players
  • 754 battles

Thanks guys for the welcome, support, and advice. I've platooned with Boris and am glad I did. Learned a lot through practice that I had read in the forums but didn't know how to apply. So far I've read up on ammo and consumables, I've switched from US tanks to USSR, and Boris has shown me the important spots on a few maps so far.

Things I've learned:

Tier 1 is harder than the tier 3/4 I was used to.

I had tunnel vision and as a result thought I was covered when I wasn't.

Cover is everything.

Things I still need to learn:

More of how to stage myself in each map. I've looked at the overheads for the maps but I'm still learning where people tend to stage.

Always looking for more people to teach me/platoon with. I'm on summer vacation from work and have a lot of time to play/train.

Thanks again everyone.

BorisBaddenov #7 Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:59 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26954 battles
  • [III-R]

Hey Spy ...

Read this thread   http://forum.wotblit...g-map-strategy/

the author has not finished with all the maps yet, and one or more might have changed - but it is still an excellent thread.

OH .. and go to youtube and watch Bushka's "How not to explode" series.  Here's a link to episode 1  https://www.youtube....h?v=61nWTRX0zFA

Edited by BorisBaddenov, 14 June 2016 - 08:03 PM.

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

WhiskeyCyclone #8 Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23661 battles
  • [LONR]
Welcome to the forums. Regarding global chat, there was one, but it would not have been very helpful, it was the trailer park of blitz, overrun by perverts and trolls. They threw it under the bus, and the troll revolt was real. Forums are your best bet for improving, look into the archives, tutorials, and video vault and you'll be playing better in no time.

Keep it old school. 

RemorselessWinter #9 Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:54 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24201 battles
I'd be happy to show you the ropes. If you ever need some advice/tips. Let me know.

BorisBaddenov #10 Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:36 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26954 battles
  • [III-R]
Shucks ... he quit.

IraqDesolator #11 Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2154 battles

View Postspydrummer, on 14 June 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

Thanks guys for the welcome, support, and advice. I've platooned with Boris and am glad I did. Learned a lot through practice that I had read in the forums but didn't know how to apply. So far I've read up on ammo and consumables, I've switched from US tanks to USSR, and Boris has shown me the important spots on a few maps so far.

Things I've learned:

Tier 1 is harder than the tier 3/4 I was used to.

I had tunnel vision and as a result thought I was covered when I wasn't.

Cover is everything.

Things I still need to learn:

More of how to stage myself in each map. I've looked at the overheads for the maps but I'm still learning where people tend to stage.

Always looking for more people to teach me/platoon with. I'm on summer vacation from work and have a lot of time to play/train.

Thanks again everyone.

Hiya, same noobs here, probably we can toon together and grow together, sounds nice?

Also tagged with Clan, Newbie, Platoon, Training, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users