How to make custom skins on Blitz (PC only)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Want a custom skin library or video tutorial? (59 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you want a place to share skins?

1. yes please! (53 votes [89.83%])

Percentage of vote: 89.83%

2. no, thank you (6 votes [10.17%])

Percentage of vote: 10.17%

Do you want me to do a video tutorial?

1. yes please! (52 votes [88.14%])

Percentage of vote: 88.14%

2. no, thank you (7 votes [11.86%])

Percentage of vote: 11.86%

Vote Hide poll

T1tanic #21 Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:13 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1597 battles
  • [COWAT]

Getting a funky error, ingarage skin is pink and white squares. I am guessing that means the dds is incompatible with the game and it is using the placeholder texture?

Using XnConvert to pull the dds to gif (BT7-A), paint dot net to edit and turn back to DDS.  Newer dds files do not convert in DX.

Edited by T1tanic, 08 February 2017 - 10:05 PM.

_Tigerstrike #22 Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21265 battles
  • [-AEG]

View PostT1tanic, on 08 February 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

Getting a funky error, ingarage skin is pink and white squares. I am guessing that means the dds is incompatible with the game and it is using the placeholder texture?

Using XnConvert to pull the dds to gif (BT7-A), paint dot net to edit and turn back to DDS.  Newer dds files do not convert in DX.

I know its been quite a while, but I am getting into this now and have the same error when making custom skins. It only works for me if I swap already existing camos. If you have a fix I would really appreciate it

Boden_Worms #23 Posted 20 June 2021 - 12:26 AM

Private

• Players
  • 608 battles

View Postbatteriesincluded, on 20 June 2016 - 02:23 AM, said:

Hopefully, you already can mod your files. If not, click here.

*You can also use Photoshop. I am poor so I use free photo editing apps*

My two apps: DXTBmp and Paint.NET (Google it)

First, I go to  *Windows10 users go to (partition\windowsapps\(blitz)* *mac just goes to blitz*

(blitz)\data\3D\Tanks\(choose nation)\images and choose your desired tank.

Example, I want the su-152. File location: data\3D\Tanks\ussr\images\su-152.dx11

*File must end in .dx11 and not .tex

Open this file in DXTBmp and save it as a BMP file. 

Now, close DXTBmp and open up Paint.NET. You may edit this however you want. I put numbers on separate places to find out which plate goes where. Once you are done, select save as... and select where you first got the file. **MUST SAVE AS A DDS FILE* For our su-152, it is  data\3D\Tanks\ussr\images\su-152.dx11. It will ask you if you would like to replace image. Select yes and open up your game. This also works if your game is open, just select a different tank and re-select the modded tank. Purple tanks mean you messed up, and sometimes your skin may be upside down. Do not be disappointed, keep trying and Mod on!

EDIT: LIBRARY IS UP! Please submit any skins you feel are worthy. The more, the better. 

EDIT! VIDEO IS ALSO UP!

Do you know if you can open the files in GIMP?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users