Jump to content


Dirt bag

friendly fire

  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

_WARCHIEF_ #1 Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:22 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17482 battles
  • 288
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

So let me paint the picture 

 

Last night I was taking my T95 out for ride. Most of you know that the T95 is crazy slow and it takes forever to get anywhere.... By the time I moved 20 ft. 2 enemy tanks spotted me so I stopped and had a wonderful time take them out. All of a sudden I take a hit from the side it bounces... I look on the radar and I see nothing.... Then again another hit and another all are bouncing off.... I thought maybe he to far to see.... I push on 1 enemy tank left, 4 of us go after him. Then again I take a hit from the rear... Now I know there is only one tank left and he is in front of me. I turn around and its a Friendly tank take shots at me.  He states I hate campers....wth

 

Now I hate campers just as mush as anyone... but with the T95 sometimes you don't have a choice...

 

So my question is after I took 5 Shots from him he never turned blue or was penalized.... Did something change ?


 


Brundog #2 Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:28 PM

    Woof Woof

  • Players
  • 46202 battles
  • 910
  • [CCCCC]
  • Member since:
    08-04-2014
If the shots all bounced he won't turn blue.

DrWylde #3 Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:39 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26392 battles
  • 1,353
  • [RBLN]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2014
Sorry man, I feel your pain.  The FF/TK system is not working effectively and needs some buffing, IMHO.

IS-7, IS-4, IS-8, ST-I, IS-3, IS-6, KV-4

Obj. 268, Obj. 704, ISU-152

E 100, E 75, Tiger II

T-62A, T-54, T-44

T30, M103


SRegs #4 Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:10 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6197 battles
  • 184
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014
I agree with the good Dr. that the system needs to read when you take a shot at a team mate, and not just when you do damage. I know things happen accidentally so I'm willing to give a one shot (thats non-damaging) pass, but two should be treated as being deliberate. Plus the in-game voice guy should say "that's a friendly" rather than saying it once you blow up a friendly. I also think people around here really need to get over themselves sometimes regarding noobs and campers. Any idiot knows (which tells us something about who Titan was dealing with) that there's slow, and then there's the T-95. The thing is a pillbox on treads. It needs help getting up a hill! It really should come packaged with a  tractor! It's a sniping platform par-excellence and not a really brawler. It's okay to camp with it as far as I'm concerned and as long as you're in the game, contributing from your position, I've got nothing to say. And that is true of just about any tank as far as I'm concerned. But with millions of players in Blitz the population morons is going to be high and encountering them unfortunately common. Sometimes ya just gotta take a deep breath for a minute. Easier said than done sometimes, I know. 

Edited by SRegs, 10 October 2014 - 09:30 PM.


TwistedMetal_ #5 Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14180 battles
  • 2,741
  • [DFNT]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014
Unreal! There RE-[edited]need to be dealt with in a most painful and agonizing way! Same thing happened to me in my KV-5 the other day...Taking damage from behind before the enemy is even spotted! Most frustrating!


anynamewilldo #6 Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 9622 battles
  • 66
  • [LOCHA]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
We need a button that's says "CAMPING!". I've been told no camping when in a TD before the game started and been called a camper after moving half way around the map in my heavy. Go figure. Lol
:bush:another invisible tank :-)

Taltos1964 #7 Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:19 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12291 battles
  • 157
  • [III-Z]
  • Member since:
    07-12-2014

I think SRegs comment about "contributing from your position" is the critical one for me.  I have died and been following team mates to come upon a heavy or medium sniping and thought that was a pretty dumb thing for that kind of tank to do.  Then take a look at the damage totals on the team screen after the round and realize that the camper had huge damage and good kills.  There is a time and a place to pause and take shots and sometimes you just get that sweet opportunity.

 

Then there are the campfire starting, marshmellow roasting, settling in for the round campers that do nothing.  Or worse yet, when most of the team is camping and I am the only one out there spotting.  If nobody goes out to spot, your not going to see much.  I've had a couple of rounds in one of my TD's where nobody moves much and nothing happens.  I just have to live with those rounds and move on.  No more than 7 minutes later it all changes. :playing:


Community Pledge Signer

T110E5, M103, T-54, M46 Patton, Tiger II, Panther II, VK 30.01(P), IS, T-150, Jagdpanther, SU-152, T25 AT


someguyfromPitt #8 Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

    Jeez Louise that one bounced

  • Players
  • 49189 battles
  • 4,315
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    07-12-2014

I tel people out of the gate in my SU-100Y, "camping in my RV," so no one is surprised. 

 

Tank destroyes are most effective shooting spotted targets, not chasing them. 


Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.


Taltos1964 #9 Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:23 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12291 battles
  • 157
  • [III-Z]
  • Member since:
    07-12-2014
"camping in my RV"!  That is awesome!:teethhappy:

Community Pledge Signer

T110E5, M103, T-54, M46 Patton, Tiger II, Panther II, VK 30.01(P), IS, T-150, Jagdpanther, SU-152, T25 AT


TwistedMetal_ #10 Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14180 battles
  • 2,741
  • [DFNT]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View PostsomeguyfromPitt, on 10 October 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

I tel people out of the gate in my SU-100Y, "camping in my RV," so no one is surprised.

 

Tank destroyes are most effective shooting spotted targets, not chasing them.

Agreed! Esp in the SU-100Y and Dicker Max! The key is to know when to transition from sniper to sitting bait!



_TheMessiah #11 Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22902 battles
  • 1,475
  • Member since:
    06-24-2014
Was in a battle 3 M103 Camping and a obj sniping end of the game all of them 0 damage still won doe lolXD

sheriffsherman #12 Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:32 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 24534 battles
  • 4,674
  • Member since:
    10-06-2014
I think this whole camping thing is absurd, just let people enjoy the game in their own way and mind your own fudging business already.  Folks acting like other players owe them something, come'on man!  I Think there are some real pathetic folks playing this, shooting me because I took THEIR target, Really?  Got chased all around the map by one of my own teammates and killed by him only because of some perceived slight, unbelievable!  Then he calls me a coward and curses me out on a private message in the garage.  Reminds me of road Rage on the freeway.  HOW DARE YOU DRIVE ON MY HIGHWAY type of stuff going on this game too.  Absurd, just nutty really.  This is supposed to be a fun release from all the bovine feces.

FIRST TO 200 TANKS ON BLITZ!!!

I'm a gen 1 gamer, been crushing bad guys since the 1970s


putnamJavi #13 Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:05 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18946 battles
  • 935
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

View Postsheriffsherman, on 10 October 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

I think this whole camping thing is absurd, just let people enjoy the game in their own way and mind your own fudging business already.  Folks acting like other players owe them something, come'on man!  I Think there are some real pathetic folks playing this, shooting me because I took THEIR target, Really?  Got chased all around the map by one of my own teammates and killed by him only because of some perceived slight, unbelievable!  Then he calls me a coward and curses me out on a private message in the garage.  Reminds me of road Rage on the freeway.  HOW DARE YOU DRIVE ON MY HIGHWAY type of stuff going on this game too.  Absurd, just nutty really.  This is supposed to be a fun release from all the bovine feces.

 

I've also run into this type of childish behavior unfortunately.  :child: 

If that happens, take a screen shot and submit a ticket to WG to deal with it.  It's against the rules to insult other players and curse in game.  

 

"Aint no one got time for that!"  



SNIPER_ACTIVE #14 Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:21 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8315 battles
  • 120
  • Member since:
    07-19-2014

View PostTaltos1964, on 10 October 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

... come upon a heavy or medium sniping and thought that was a pretty dumb thing for that kind of tank to do.  Then take a look at the damage totals on the team screen after the round and realize that the camper had huge damage and good kills.

 

Not so quick with the praise in this situation (in particular a heavy doing this).  Did you win?   A heavy needs not only to DO damage, but to TAKE damage (or more specifically draw fire and hopefully bounce the shots).  While the heavy was sitting back and camping away he benefited from someone else spotting the targets and soaking up the attention and shots of the opposing team.  We all know how well (most) TD's and/or mediums stand up to concentrated fire.  Before you know it the camping heavy ("because he's a sniper") is all alone and soon dead.

 

Not saying you can't win doing this (the other team can be stupid too), but in my opinion it is inexcusable for a heavy to not be at or very near the "font line" and keeping attention of the opposing team so that mediums and TD's can do their work effectively in flanking (med's) or sniping (TD's)

 

 


"What is best in life?"  Conan the Barbarian:  "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!"


Guderian5266 #15 Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:39 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 24771 battles
  • 546
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-07-2014

View PostSNIPER_ACTIVE, on 10 October 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

 

Not so quick with the praise in this situation (in particular a heavy doing this).  Did you win?   A heavy needs not only to DO damage, but to TAKE damage (or more specifically draw fire and hopefully bounce the shots).  While the heavy was sitting back and camping away he benefited from someone else spotting the targets and soaking up the attention and shots of the opposing team.  We all know how well (most) TD's and/or mediums stand up to concentrated fire.  Before you know it the camping heavy ("because he's a sniper") is all alone and soon dead.

 

Not saying you can't win doing this (the other team can be stupid too), but in my opinion it is inexcusable for a heavy to not be at or very near the "font line" and keeping attention of the opposing team so that mediums and TD's can do their work effectively in flanking (med's) or sniping (TD's)

 

 

 

I have thought this too. TDs can rack up huge damage sniping if someone is spotting for them. They are supposed to. So can heavies or mediums - but then their role has to be filled by someone else. If the roles are being swapped around or not filled at all, the team likely suffers. It may also depend on tiers. I don't expect a tier7 heavy who isn't even upgraded to take shots against tier9's. In that case I would expect a supporting role. But when high tier heavies move into rear area sniping positions, somebody else has to be out front for them. And it won't be pretty for them.

Community Pledge Signer


 


Looney999 #16 Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6709 battles
  • 1,202
  • [III-Z]
  • Member since:
    06-30-2014

I was playing a round in Middleburg last night in my KV-1(top tier KV platoon), went for the town and was stopping briefly at every street to scan for enemy and do the careful corner thing. Teammate starts bumping me from behind chatting "NO CAMPERS" and such, so I tell him that if he has a death wish to just go around, so he shoots me in the butt then rushes off alone and becomes the first kill...our platoon are only ones alive when we win, rank 1-2 and carried the match. Loved it. 

 

Oh, did I mention the idiot was in a hetzer? 


-Community Pledge Signer-

 

The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to LET THEM SHOOT HOLES IN ME!






Also tagged with friendly fire

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users