"Poaching Players" From Clans

Poaching players dont exist

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

CrazyHunter13 #1 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7211 battles
I'm going to say this simply and if you aren't able to accept it then it's on you. There is NO such thing as "poaching" players from clans. That's the exact same thing as saying that the players in your clan is your property which claiming people as property is highly illegal in the US. Players in a clan CAN leave a clan for another WHENEVER they want for WHATEVER reasons. You all just need to grow up and stop whining about little stupid crap like, "he stole a player from my clan". It's childish and alot of us mature players are starting to get really sick and tired of it. If a player leaves your clan and joins another that has invited them then it's because of something they don't like about your clan, not because someone invited them.

LoweExpectations #2 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:15 PM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles

And then the third forum flame war began.

Actually still considered poaching though. 

Edited by LoweExpectations, 09 July 2016 - 07:15 PM.

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

alexbuildit #3 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17566 battles
  • [501ST]
I disagree. How would you feel if someone "stole" players from your clan and you were the leader? Would you feel happy? No. It's inconsiderate. It's not illegal, true, but just because it's possible certainly doesn't make it acceptable. Let them come to you, not vice versa.

Youtube Channel: ALEXBUILDIT PRODUCTIONS

Leader of the 501st, Pm for details.  

Ausf_G #4 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 51159 battles
  • [ALIAS]
When someone from One clan goes in and tries to recruit a player from another clan saying the we dont want our members and that we say they suck and that our clan members should join their clan thats poaching. Further more its slander and defamation which is highly illegal in the United States

Commander of the 11TH Panzer Division. vom Führer Genehmigt

Ha! Derging voll durch ihre panzerung

Der steht in Flammen! 

Hope I dont catch a ban for this post.

Destroyer_Arashi #5 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12227 battles
  • [ANEKI]

View PostCrazyHunter13, on 09 July 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

If a player leaves your clan and joins another that has invited them then it's because of something they don't like about your clan, not because someone invited them.

Contradictory sentence is contradictive 

WoTB Clan: Clanless                                            

Blitz is meh, WoWS is better. I'm just here for memes and roasting.

Anon_____ #6 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:20 PM

Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 45420 battles
That's a pretty misguided view. At the bare minimum reaching out to players already in a clan shows that you don't have respect for the clan they're in. You can use any shady practice you want and call it anything you want but you don't then get to be upset that you get a trash reputation for doing those things.

All lines complete | all tanks aced 255/255

Current top 10 rated NA tanks: SU-100M1 #1 | Fury #2 | Sherman Jumbo #2 | Ha-Go #2 | PZ IVD #3 | Crom B #3 | PZ IVS #5 | Waff PZ IV #5 | T23E3 #5 | Rudy #3 | Pz III/IV #7 | VK 30.01 P #8 |

Edelweis #9 | SU-122-54 #9 | Dicker Max #10 | M8A1 #6

watch me on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/anonwotb | my youtube channel

Putins_Chariot #7 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:21 PM

Admiral Kitty

• Players
  • 22246 battles
'poaching' as deemed here, seems perfectly fine in my opinion, unless it is used in excess to target one specific clan in order to destroy them. Players have the right to chose which clan they want to be with. Most of us here are capable of making our own choices

Ookla_the_Mok #8 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:29 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28238 battles
  • [BRSKT]
When I moved from SPUD to SPUDX, they enticed me with monthly back and foot rubs. Best thing I ever did, though occasionally I wished I had held out for daily hugs.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

CrazyHunter13 #9 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7211 battles

View Postalexbuildit, on 09 July 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

I disagree. How would you feel if someone "stole" players from your clan and you were the leader? Would you feel happy? No. It's inconsiderate. It's not illegal, true, but just because it's possible certainly doesn't make it acceptable. Let them come to you, not vice versa.

if a player leaves my clan for another, I won't get all pissy like the rest of you do. It means to me that the player didn't want to be in the clan for some reason and it'll be harder for them to rejoin if they want to come back. And here's the definition for Poach.

Poach: verb: to hunt or fish unlawfully usually on private property "to trespass on"

The way you all use Poach is like that the clan is your property and the players in it are yours. The players are individuals. They have a choice to leave or not. Nothing is or can force them to chose

awesomeplayer9690 #10 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24418 battles
  • [NORTH]
Well, if someone leaves your clan, better do something about it, or you might just end up as a one man clan. I disagree, and do say there is something called poaching clans. Clans are like a business, to stay ahead, you need to think a head, and sometimes thinking ahead involves poaching.

"The greatest gift is time. Giving time is giving away part of your life that you'll never get back." - Anonymous

"Can't get ammo-racked if I bring no ammo"

[HOW TO] Stat Signature |

My_Little_Pony_ #11 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30103 battles
putting this into the world of sports, how come it is not allowed for teams to go talk to a player from a different team unless he is an unrestricted free agent or initiates the talk? its considered poaching otherwise... 

concep #12 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:34 PM

Stop Tunneling Me

• Players
  • 35720 battles
  • [-RGN-]

Jesus Christ... This is the stupidest thing I've seen in a couple weeks. You're in an non-competitive clan trying to talk to a (mostly) competitive community. Holding on to players is how you stay competitive and relevant, which is exactly what you aren't.

Stop posting and get out.

Tier Xs (in order of unlocking): T110E5, M48 Patton, T-62A, IS-7, E50M, IS-4, FV4202, T110E3, FV215b, Obj. 268, T110E4, Leopard 1, Obj. 140, STB-1, Obj. 263, T57 Heavy, AMX 50B, Bat Chat 25t

Most played tank: T-62A (3,100 battles)

Favorite Quotes                       #BACKFROMTHEGRAVE                                   YouTube Channel!

Ksftwe #13 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25710 battles
  • [PRAMO]
Doesn't matter how many rants you post about this. You're going to get a bad reputation if you poach members. The fact that you don't think there's anything wrong with it will never change the fact that others think there's something wrong with it.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

trojanassassin #14 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:35 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17145 battles
  • [T_W_0]

View PostCrazyHunter13, on 09 July 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

I'm going to say this simply and if you aren't able to accept it then it's on you. There is NO such thing as "poaching" players from clans. That's the exact same thing as saying that the players in your clan is your property which claiming people as property is highly illegal in the US. Players in a clan CAN leave a clan for another WHENEVER they want for WHATEVER reasons. You all just need to grow up and stop whining about little stupid crap like, "he stole a player from my clan". It's childish and alot of us mature players are starting to get really sick and tired of it. If a player leaves your clan and joins another that has invited them then it's because of something they don't like about your clan, not because someone invited them.

I'd just give up man. These idiots need educating. It should be a players choice to change clan, not a leaders.

however some of the top clans love drama and so therefore will create it. No one likes losing players but you can't treat players like property. The top clans want to keep their players which is fair enough

Edited by trojanassassin, 09 July 2016 - 07:37 PM.

Proud noob that kills other noobs

LAPPELduvide #15 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:35 PM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24316 battles
  • [ANEKI]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 09 July 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

When I moved from SPUD to SPUDX, they enticed me with monthly back and foot rubs. Best thing I ever did, though occasionally I wished I had held out for daily hugs.

I can give you more than just hugs. |:^)

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

Best ANIME CLAN in the NA and a nice community for weebs. 

LAPPELduvide #16 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:37 PM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24316 battles
  • [ANEKI]

View Postconcep, on 09 July 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

Jesus Christ... This is the stupidest thing I've seen in a couple weeks. You're in an non-competitive clan trying to talk to a (mostly) competitive community. Holding on to players is how you stay competitive and relevant, which is exactly what you aren't.

I'm gonna poach your weebs and take them to MAHOU :^>

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

Best ANIME CLAN in the NA and a nice community for weebs. 

Herodotus4 #17 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22429 battles
  • [SRT_]

View PostKsftwe, on 09 July 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

Doesn't matter how many rants you post about this. You're going to get a bad reputation if you poach members. The fact that you don't think there's anything wrong with it will never change the fact that others think there's something wrong with it.

I think posting a rant in size 25 font has already elevated him to bad reputation status.

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs

Ausf_G #18 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 51159 battles
  • [ALIAS]

View Posttrojanassassin, on 09 July 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

I'd just give up man. These idiots need educating. It should be a players choice to change clan, not a leaders

the idiots are you guys with the patheticness of the way you try to recruit other clans members. For a clan to stoop so low as to have to lie in order to get its members is so laughable no wonder yall are in the forums trying to clear up your trashed name

Commander of the 11TH Panzer Division. vom Führer Genehmigt

Ha! Derging voll durch ihre panzerung

Der steht in Flammen! 

Hope I dont catch a ban for this post.

CrazyHunter13 #19 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7211 battles

View Postconcep, on 09 July 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

And in the end, there is NOTHING you can do to keep a player forever if for whatever reason they want to leave. There is a very simple thing to do.... recruit.

View Posttrojanassassin, on 09 July 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

I'd just give up man. These idiots need educating. It should be a players choice to change clan, not a leaders

I know. It's sad how many people get so serous about a mobile game that might disappear in a few years. They act like its real when it's not. I see [edited]like this in alot of MMOs that has clans and this is the first time I have ever came across players whining about "poaching"

awesomeplayer9690 #20 Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24418 battles
  • [NORTH]

View PostCrazyHunter13, on 09 July 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

I know. It's sad how many people get so serous about a mobile game that might disappear in a few years. They act like its real when it's not. I see [edited]like this in alot of MMOs that has clans and this is the first time I have ever came across players whining about "poaching"

It is because they have nothing else real in their lives. #burn?

"The greatest gift is time. Giving time is giving away part of your life that you'll never get back." - Anonymous

"Can't get ammo-racked if I bring no ammo"

[HOW TO] Stat Signature |

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users