Badges, emblems, and overall tank performance?

badges emblems tank performance

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

VikkoTheTusken #21 Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:38 PM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 20529 battles
  • [III-R]
You're new to the forums and new to the World of Tanks Community. There's a shared joke here about Russian Bias. While Wargaming.net is a global phenomenon their largest client base is Russian, their Headquarters is in Belarus (former country behind the Iron Curtain)...I could go on and on. I can't repeat this enough. You really really need to start looking at YouTube videos which can greatly expand on the history of the game, tactics, techniques, tips & tricks. 

At higher tiers, especially in today's meta - Russian mediums will always out perform German mediums (Assuming both are driven by equally competent players). 

View PostIraqDesolator, on 17 July 2016 - 05:29 PM, said:

I dunno tho if it's biased

People always said that t34 is a good tank

But 2 hit from my Pz IV then it turned into junk

Edited by VikkoTheTusken, 17 July 2016 - 10:38 PM.

Rage Quit? Bad Teams? MM got you down? Click HERE for my Blitz Guide to better tanking

Twitter     Facebook     YouTube

KickingNinja #22 Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10234 battles
  • [RUSE]
Yay. a newbie has found the forums. We might have a future unicum in our midst. Welcome to the forums

Padre_ShadowRider #23 Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 55428 battles
  • [GETIT]

View PostKickingNinja, on 17 July 2016 - 11:51 PM, said:

Yay. a newbie has found the forums. We might have a future unicum in our midst. Welcome to the forums

Unicum?    

Unicum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicum
Wikipedia
Unicum (oo-nee-coom) is a Hungarian herbal liqueur or bitters, drunk as a digestif and apéritif. The liqueur is today produced by Zwack according to a secret ...

Have a special meaning in  WOT?  :-)

VikkoTheTusken #24 Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:54 PM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 20529 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostPadre_ShadowRider, on 18 July 2016 - 08:21 AM, said:

Unicum?    

Unicum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicum
Wikipedia
Unicum (oo-nee-coom) is a Hungarian herbal liqueur or bitters, drunk as a digestif and apéritif. The liqueur is today produced by Zwack according to a secret ...

Have a special meaning in  WOT?  :-)

An alternative definition is an "exquisite piece; something special". I'm on my phone and can't source it.  For all intents and purposes consider the word to mean VERY VERY GOOD.  

Rage Quit? Bad Teams? MM got you down? Click HERE for my Blitz Guide to better tanking

SpawnIscariot #25 Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:24 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11 battles

View PostPadre_ShadowRider, on 18 July 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

...  and when the M4 is at the bottom of the list in a game... it is already in trouble :-)  Can't pen most of the heavies with any real damage, though I have the largest gun on it possible... 

I'm assuming your firing HE using the 105mm 'Derp' gun.

Don't. HE shells do not have good penetration, so you're only doing 'splash' damage to heavily armoured tanks

Fit the 76mm M1A1 gun. Fire AP.

You should also go to the Ammo Loading screen for your tanks and push the Silver/Gold cost icon for your Premium Ammo-it's the middle row-which will mean your spending silver credits instead of gold for a shell with better penetration than your Standard AP.

Active in Battle & Forums

on the

Asia Server

VikkoTheTusken #26 Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:25 PM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 20529 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostSpawnIscariot, on 19 July 2016 - 03:24 AM, said:

I'm assuming your firing HE using the 105mm 'Derp' gun.

Don't. HE shells do not have good penetration, so you're only doing 'splash' damage to heavily armoured tanks

Fit the 76mm M1A1 gun. Fire AP.

You should also go to the Ammo Loading screen for your tanks and push the Silver/Gold cost icon for your Premium Ammo-it's the middle row-which will mean your spending silver credits instead of gold for a shell with better penetration than your Standard AP.

+1

If only more fourmers could offer advice as candid and professional as this we'd have a good thing going.

Captain_Dread #27 Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 51181 battles
  • [III]

View PostPadre_ShadowRider, on 18 July 2016 - 07:21 AM, said:

and when the M4 is at the bottom of the list in a game... it is already in trouble :-)  Can't pen most of the heavies with any real damage, though I have the largest gun on it possible.

Congratulations on making it to the forum.  The tanks are listed by highest tier first, then alphabetically by tank name.  So, if you find yourself at the bottom do not assume you are the weakest.  Do not front a heavy when you are driving a medium tank.  Constantly move and stay behind cover.  Do not drive out in the open, do not drive into a group of red tanks.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."  Mark Twain

xray67 #28 Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:32 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30636 battles
  • [KILLN]

View PostVikkoTheTusken, on 17 July 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

You'll change your mind once you get to tier XIII. I promise. 

I say good on you Vikko. Nice to see a player actually give a respectful and helpful answer, rather than a snotty remark. 

Did you mean XIII = 13, or VIII =8?

VikkoTheTusken #29 Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:27 PM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 20529 battles
  • [III-R]

View Postxray67, on 26 July 2016 - 05:32 PM, said:

I say good on you Vikko. Nice to see a player actually give a respectful and helpful answer, rather than a snotty remark. 

Did you mean XIII = 13, or VIII =8?

Silly me. I meant tier VIII (8). Oops. :facepalm:

Also tagged with badges, emblems, tank performance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users