Training rooms crew skills grinding

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

_Wunder_Waffe_ #1 Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18527 battles
  • [III-H]

Hello forum world.  Thank you for allowing me to grace your eyeballs with my first original content. I recently had an idea come into my head after I bought a T-54,  this is the same dilemma that I'm sure many of us have after purchasing a new tank: crew skills. Do I pay the gold to get a 100% crew or pay the credits for 75% or be a cheapskate and grind my WR into a fine powder?

As many of you are probably aware of there is no real middle ground that can be taken. The grind for a tier 9 or 10 tank's crew skills (even from 75%) can take a good couple hundred battles of being smashed like a noob and having a win rate destroyed to get a maxed out crew & a tank that actually is capable of winning. The alternative? Buy it with gold like a wallet warrior....not great options. 

My my proposal is this: allow training rooms to be the place that players with a new tank can grind crew skills, earn crew experience, and not affect stats. The experience can earned be at a prorated value of maybe 25% to 50% of what you would earn in a public match. This way when you buy a new tank you can actually drive it and not worry about suffering win rate decline and or having a tank you can't drive well. 

Equipment is something that I think that should still cost credits that cannot be earned in the training rooms. What I am proposing would allow someone to boost crew skills without taking the easy route of spending gold or the frustrating route of white knuckling a 75% crew for 200 battles in a tier 9 medium and royally upsetting your team when they don't get the tank they expect as a teammate. Training rooms can actually train your tank crew and not just the user. 

Think about it, it just makes sense, and doesn't pull any $ from the developers pockets....:trollface: It's obviously not a perfect plan yet and needs some work still but the idea behind it is sound in my opinion, as well as a few others that I talked to about this already.

Thoughts,feedback,grammatical errors all welcome. Heck, even if you just want to tell me I'm out of my mind and WG would never listen to me... I welcome it all. 

Ausf_G #2 Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 47012 battles
  • [11TH]
Well this would ultimately take away from WG earnings because then absolutely no one would be the wallet warrior and use gold that would need to be purchased. Just dont see them doing this during a time when they openly admited recent changes were for profit

Edited by Ausf_G, 23 July 2016 - 12:21 AM.

Commander of the 11TH Panzer Division. vom Führer Genehmigt

Ha! Derging voll durch ihre panzerung

Der steht in Flammen! 

Hope I dont catch a ban for this post.

_JenniferAniston #3 Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:36 AM

I miss Brad

• Players
  • 25360 battles

Dear God, no! update 4.0, everyone gets every tank and unlimited ammo. 

Zip_Zip #4 Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41913 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I gold my tier ten crews, my gift to myself for the sake of my sanity. I ground out my 268 from 75% took over 200 battles, 214iirc. Since then I treat myself.

tier 9 I grind out since its usually around 150 or so battles to get to 100%

Edit: got interupted before I could finish...

Using TR's for bringing a crew up to 100% would just not make any sense for WG. Also people could stack the system and abuse it easily. 

Edited by Zip_Zip, 23 July 2016 - 01:21 AM.

Always remember, wherever you go, there you are...

164 tanks mastered // Have tanks, will battle // Click here for my youtube channel 

Herodotus4 #5 Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21446 battles
  • [SRT_]

View PostZip_Zip, on 22 July 2016 - 08:11 PM, said:

I gold my tier ten crews, my gift to myself for the sake of my sanity. I ground out my 268 from 75% took over 200 battles, 214iirc. Since then I treat myself.

tier 9 I grind out since its usually around 150 or so battles to get to 100%

Edit: got interupted before I could finish...

Using TR's for bringing a crew up to 100% would just not make any sense for WG. Also people could stack the system and abuse it easily. 

"Oops my 50% crew comet just happened to be in 100 straight games with tier Xs showing their rear armor and not shooting in a training room, definitely not my fault"

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs

doonglerules #6 Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15552 battles
  • [FOE]

WG would lose a lot of money

And we all know that WG doesn't like to lose money

_JenniferAniston #7 Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:21 AM

I miss Brad

• Players
  • 25360 battles
C'mon great idea... I'd love to cops and robbers animal kingdom style playing as a transgender elephant xp my T30 to 100%!!1

michaeltsoon #8 Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:18 AM

No.1 Gold-Slinging Unicum

• Players
  • 29181 battles
  • [HATED]
Wouldn't work, as more people would go into tr: that means, 1. Less players in queue, therefore less play. And the cycle repeats. 2. As mentioned above, WG wants money. And $ only. I'm guessing a lot of their revenue come from unicums Ike me who can't stand a 75 crew. I usually free xp the important modules with my free so saved over from lower tiers anyway. I have spent less than $40, and proud of that too: It's not pay to win. Getting a bit off topic here..... I see a wall of text hehe

Current Data Analyst and Certified Gold Noob of [HATED] - Hated for a reason.

Founder of [PZ3] - Always Loyal, Always Fighting, Always Courageous. PZ3 will carry!

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left" - Bertrand Russell 

Click here to view my stats

_Wunder_Waffe_ #9 Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18527 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postmichaeltsoon, on 23 July 2016 - 03:18 AM, said:

Wouldn't work, as more people would go into tr: that means, 1. Less players in queue, therefore less play. And the cycle repeats. 2. As mentioned above, WG wants money. And $ only. I'm guessing a lot of their revenue come from unicums Ike me who can't stand a 75 crew. I usually free xp the important modules with my free so saved over from lower tiers anyway. I have spent less than $40, and proud of that too: It's not pay to win. Getting a bit off topic here..... I see a wall of text hehe

lol I get it, it is a business. The loss of revenue from gold buying 100% skills would still be an option. The key is to make the grinding in a TR VERY intensive (a smaller %) than what I originally stated.

I guess from my own perspective, I would probably still not waste the time grinding, even in a TR, for the skills on a tier 9 or 10 tank. I would probably still buy the 100% w gold. Time is money and for someone like me with kids, I wouldn't have the time to grind a tank in a TR. 

Alternately:

I bet if they offered just a pro-rated amount for using gold to get from, for example, 88% to 100% they would make MORE money. What I mean is they could a lot an amount of gold per EACH % point of XP and if you earned a portion, the option to buy out the rest would make sense fiscally. I'm certain I'm not the only one that is too cheap to pay the full amount to get to 100%. 

Consider this: if I'm 91% in a T-54. I'm not paying 850 gold for 9%. But I would consider paying 17 gold per each % or 153 gold for the final 9%. To get to 100%....not sure if my quick mental math is right but you get the idea. 850 = 50% skills | 850/50=17 gold per % point.

what sez the masses? 

Edited by _Wunder_Waffe_, 23 July 2016 - 07:34 PM.

Zip_Zip #10 Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41913 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Post_Wunder_Waffe_, on 23 July 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

lol I get it, it is a business. The loss of revenue from gold buying 100% skills would still be an option. The key is to make the grinding in a TR VERY intensive (a smaller %) than what I originally stated.

I guess from my own perspective, I would probably still not waste the time grinding, even in a TR, for the skills on a tier 9 or 10 tank. I would probably still buy the 100% w gold. Time is money and for someone like me with kids, I wouldn't have the time to grind a tank in a TR. 

Alternately:

I bet if they offered just a pro-rated amount for using gold to get from, for example, 88% to 100% they would make MORE money. What I mean is they could a lot an amount of gold per EACH % point of XP and if you earned a portion, the option to buy out the rest would make sense fiscally. I'm certain I'm not the only one that is too cheap to pay the full amount to get to 100%. 

Consider this: if I'm 91% in a T-54. I'm not paying 850 gold for 9%. But I would consider paying 17 gold per each % or 153 gold for the final 9%. To get to 100%....not sure if my quick mental math is right but you get the idea. 850 = 50% skills | 850/50=17 gold per % point.

what sez the masses? 

Like the second idea here. There have been times at tier nine where I feel like golding the last 10% to get to 100% but I'm unwilling to pay full pop for 10% remaining.

Always remember, wherever you go, there you are...

164 tanks mastered // Have tanks, will battle // Click here for my youtube channel 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users