What's the deal about Clans in Blitz up to v 3.0?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

crpl_hicks #1 Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5438 battles
  • [KOP]

I AM NOT looking for anyone to explain it to me...but where is the best place to read up on what joining a Clan is all about?

Like how do the battles differ from Random, how does it differ from Platooning?  Things like that.

Again, I know I'm in the right Section..Clan discussions, That's why I didn't post this in General Discussion..But just looking for direction on a starting place.

Tanks All!

I wanna introduce you to a personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher.

Xavier5A #2 Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25160 battles
  • [CYCLN]

What you are looking for doesn't exist. The reasons are pretty obvious though.

1. Clan Supply. Who doesn't like to save some credits?
  2. Regular group of platoon mates.
  3. Ticket to clan related contests.

That's pretty much it.

I own 207 tanks. My records at Blitz Stars!

Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (f) • Light Mk. VIC • T2 Light Tank • Tetrarch • T7 Combat Car • Type 98 Ke-Ni Otsu • BT-SV • T-15 • Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J • LTP • M3 Light • Pz.Kpfw. S35 739 (f) • T-127 • BT-7 artillery • M22 Locust • A-32 • Sentinel AC I • Valentine II • Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f) • Churchill III • Angry Connor • Ram II • Panzer IV Anko Special • Pz.Kpfw. V/IV • T14 • Type 3 Chi-Nu Kai Shinobi • Cromwell B • Dicker Max • Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm • Stridsvagn 74A2 • Kuro Mori Mine • AC IV Sentinel • T-34-85 Victory • T23E3 • E 25 • Type 62 • SU-122-44 • IS-2 • T-34-85 Rudy • Tankenstein • T6 Dracula • FCM 50 t • T26E4 SuperPershing • KV-5 • IS-3 Defender • T-54 first prototype • Löwe • Type 59

reluctanttheist #3 Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:30 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 24443 battles
  • [III-H]

Joining a clan, in theory, gives you...

• people you get to know a little bit (or in the case of some clans, including Triarii, they outright become your friends IRL too)
  • people to platoon with who have a similar skillset so you don't have to go it alone with the pubbies
  • slight discounts on your expenses to play the game once your clan has gained enough "clan supply XP"

TBH the mechanics of a game and the battles you play won't be much different.  However, WG has said that MM is impacted by a platoons (even when both tanks are same tier) but how exactly has never been disclosed.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

crpl_hicks #4 Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5438 battles
  • [KOP]

Really that's it!?  I thought there was something about where you could team up with more than 1 guy, like Platooning but maybe 3 of you?  I must be confusing it with Clans in WOT?  Don't they have Clan Wars?  Where several tankers of the same Clan fight @ once Vs another Clan?

So instead of joining a Clan, I should be looking into some kind of Voice Chat..If i"m looking to more "consistent" team mates?

BTW, I'm on a Mac Computer, So playing WOT sounds like I need some 3rd party software vs Blitz which doesn't.

I wanna introduce you to a personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher.

_Wilde #5 Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:41 PM

Zootopia's Finest Tanker

• Players
  • 15464 battles
  • [NVA]
My favorite part about clans is the social aspect, if you join one you get to know your fellow comrades, when you create one you get to meet lots of great people down the road

Edited by _Wilde, 27 July 2016 - 05:41 PM.

Auferstanden aus Ruinen

Für den Schutz der Arbeiter und Bauern Macht.

reluctanttheist #6 Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:50 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 24443 battles
  • [III-H]

WoT PC has 3 man platoons yes - but that would be OP on Blitz.  Clan Wars in PC is incorporated into that game officially, yes.  It's not officially supported on Blitz.

Many clans have full TR sessions where they improve their skill set and Triarii does that all the time; or clans will do a count-in to get into a pubbie match and swarm the queue with a dozen or more of their own players so that they're battling against guys in their own clan AND public players, which REALLY makes things interesting!

Discord is really worth getting into because so many of us use it - and the PC/Mac version does voice comms better than the mobile version.

https://discordapp.com/download

There are clanless Discord servers here - Acrisis runs Looney Toons and there's the Basic Training group too that teaches players how to play (the Discord server links are in those two hyperlinks earlier in this sentence).

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

mjm68 #7 Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:11 PM

M.C.R.D grad class of '86

• Players
  • 27859 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 27 July 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

Joining a clan, in theory, gives you...

• people you get to know a little bit (or in the case of some clans, including Triarii, they outright become your friends IRL too)
  • people to platoon with who have a similar skillset so you don't have to go it alone with the pubbies
  • slight discounts on your expenses to play the game once your clan has gained enough "clan supply XP"

TBH the mechanics of a game and the battles you play won't be much different.  However, WG has said that MM is impacted by a platoons (even when both tanks are same tier) but how exactly has never been disclosed.

For me it was about the brotherhood, I was happy when I found the OLD GUY thread and that is why I wanted to be a Triarii and why I'm rooted in the ranks there.  They are my brothers in game and in real life, I have met a couple of them and hope to meet many more.  The clan stuff in game is just a bonus.

Semper Fidelis

sed etiam periculosum veteres

reluctanttheist #8 Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:26 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 24443 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postmjm68, on 27 July 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

For me it was about the brotherhood, I was happy when I found the OLD GUY thread and that is why I wanted to be a Triarii and why I'm rooted in the ranks there.  They are my brothers in game and in real life, I have met a couple of them and hope to meet many more.  The clan stuff in game is just a bonus.

​Totally true MJ - social tanking is better than anything!

_DragonKRIEG #9 Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:10 PM

LetsMakeTheForumsBurnSomeMore

• Players
  • 28184 battles
  • [-VEX-]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 27 July 2016 - 12:30 PM, said:

When you press battle in a platoon, the MM tries to also put another platoon on the enemy team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users