• [WKD]

View PostKairi12, on 02 August 2016 - 05:04 AM, said:

All the little forumers need their safe space

This...

Rion12 #163 Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9303 battles

I dislike the whole "wimps need safe spaces" mentality going on here. There's a difference between suppression and just being a decent and respectable person. 

A game is, at the end of the day, supposed to be a fun experience. The idea being that you can get a small break from the crazy things of real life. Having to see someone's rage and anger isn't exactly conducive to that, so it's perfectly understandable, and possibly even expected, if WG (or any other game developer) doesn't exactly want that.

As for the incentive program...there exist a vast number of studies which very well indicate that Positive Reinforcement is a strong model for encouraging behavioral change. That, in combination with what I said earlier, is why I personally support this new policy, so props to WGNA.

clever_pseudonym #164 Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33589 battles

I'd still like to see a system where strikes roll off, even if it's after a long time (by video game standards), like two years. The opportunity to recover is worth something as an incentive for good behavior.

Edit: oh, and positive reinforcement is much, much, much more effective than the alternative. My concern would be that the lottery aspect makes it too abstract to matter.

Edited by clever_pseudonym, 02 August 2016 - 02:29 PM.

krietenstein34 #165 Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32132 battles
  • [HAHA]

Great....   a tattle tale contest. 

I have had ONE warning period, ever.  It was here on forum.....   something about inciting a riot.

If I ever get another strike...........................................

my sister did it............................:hiding:

I've never really understood the logic of making more rules (aka laws) in trying to deter someone from anything.   Perma bans are over the top.

Ban a week,  then 2, then 3,   then 2 months...............then 3 months.   Just keep upping it til they quit the behavior.  whatever..........  I could care less

Edited by krietenstein34, 03 August 2016 - 05:35 PM.

:girl:

Ookla_the_Mok #166 Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:08 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28767 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View PostR0CKET, on 01 August 2016 - 03:45 PM, said:

I think it should be (3) strikes. (5) strikes is too generous. 

The good part is the Forums should be cleared of some Trash quickly.

Look forward to not seeing some of the lowest form of human waste gone from here.

And with this new system, the value of screenshots and tickets finally have value.

Some of the same guys will be gone from Ingame by Aug. 9th.

I am OK with the threshold for a true perma-ban being high, but I get your point and agree to some extent.

I think the system would be more effective if it used bans from game play as a core punishment. This means that if a player violates enough to get a chat strike, then they would get something like a 3 day chat ban for first offense, but also a one day game ban. If WG is going to use a stick, which they need to, make the stick have some bite and that requires gameplay bans. 

The forum strikes are trickier because the rules of the forum are kind of vague. We have had a poster get a warning for a post from months back, some of the language used gets dinged while other stuff is left untouched. The implementation of the forum strikes requires some discretion by the mods as despite the rules, we all know the trash/trolls when we see it and those posters should be dinged hard and fast. The mods appear to use some discretion as they issue educational warnings and such. We'll see how it plays out.

For those complaining about WG having a raffle of prizes for players without strikes... get over it. It costs nothing for the players and you do not have to do anything to qualify. It does not matter beyond a token gesture by WG. You can pretend it does not exist and literally nothing will change for your gaming experience.  [gosh] millennials and their distorted sense of fairness.

Now, everyone off my lawn or I'm coming with the banhammer.

BRSKT Discord - Now 46% Dale Doback, 28% Gritty, and 26% folklore.
Alternatively you can check out
 [BRSKT]  

Leopard_________________ #167 Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11332 battles
I've yet to submit a ticket that WG accepted. This despite having two people literally harass me in every single game for months. They expect you to submit a video. How about you implement REPLAY before you require players to submit a video to file a complaint? Recording Blitz is not trivial. Implement a replay feature for last game played. That will solve a lot of in-game nonsense because EVERYONE will have access and reporting will be easy as save and submit.

Ok sorry. Have zero faith in WG for this particular matter.

Edited by brick_tank, 02 August 2016 - 03:15 PM.

Big_Tidday_Goth_GF #168 Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23949 battles
  • [KATAR]

View PostRion12, on 02 August 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

I dislike the whole "wimps need safe spaces" mentality going on here. There's a difference between suppression and just being a decent and respectable person. 

A game is, at the end of the day, supposed to be a fun experience. The idea being that you can get a small break from the crazy things of real life. Having to see someone's rage and anger isn't exactly conducive to that, so it's perfectly understandable, and possibly even expected, if WG (or any other game developer) doesn't exactly want that.

People who push for safe spaces only do so because they place the importance of their feels over everything.  They are the most intolerant and aggressive of people, and I hate to see WG giving them an inch...because there will be do-gooders looking for people to try and ban.

I wish the sportsmanship was better too but really it's so vague as to what is wrong.  I don't like ragers sometimes but they are funny most of the time.  They aren't exactly a big deal.  People who deliberately block or give away your position are so incredibly rare in this game that it's a non issue.  It's kind of ridiculous that we are talking about banning people for violations of vague rules but have rules against naming them here.

E 50 M: "Gungnir" T-62A: "Charon" Leopard 1: "Tyrfing" Obj. 140: "Deimos" E 100: "Gram" M48 Patton: "Justice" STB-1: "Muramasa" FV4202: "Narsil" FV 215b: "Anduril"  Grille 15: "Mystletainn" IS-4: "Scamander" IS-7 "Ionia" T110E5: "Eclipse" Maus: "Tarnhelm" Obj. 263: "Aristeia" AMX 50 B: "Durandel" Foch 155: "Joyeuse" M60: "Traveller"

Bullveigh25 #169 Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:20 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41091 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View PostKirihara_, on 02 August 2016 - 02:42 AM, said:

I believe the biggest issue is that people dont speak the same language.ex.the u.s.server i assumed was for english speakers.however there's been people from russia,germany,h ispanic speakers that get on the u.s. server and dont know english.you can hit help button till your fingers bleed and they just sit and dont help.and when you do chat to them on there message board they respond in there native laungage.this gets very frustraiting when you try to communicate and they have no clue what you are saying.

I think if there's not going to be seperation of languages then have the buttons respond in their language.ex we say "Help" then on their end have it say "help" in their language and viceversa.i believe this could releave some frustration with people. I know its not a solution but it could help.

its a North America server, and there are 3 official languages in NA. knowing the basic left, right, in English, French, and Spanish could hlp.  if there are euro players playing in NA then its on them to learn our left and righ

Edited by Bullveigh25, 02 August 2016 - 03:21 PM.

tlouie #170 Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9642 battles
  • [TAT]

View Post__Diomedes__, on 02 August 2016 - 10:17 AM, said:

People who push for safe spaces only do so because they place the importance of their feels over everything.  They are the most intolerant and aggressive of people, and I hate to see WG giving them an inch...because there will be do-gooders looking for people to try and ban.

I wish the sportsmanship was better too but really it's so vague as to what is wrong.  I don't like ragers sometimes but they are funny most of the time.  They aren't exactly a big deal.  People who deliberately block or give away your position are so incredibly rare in this game that it's a non issue.  It's kind of ridiculous that we are talking about banning people for violations of vague rules but have rules against naming them here.

WG doesn't care about feels or safe spaces or the people who push for safe spaces.  WG wants an environment that's conducive to attracting and retaining customers.

Customers being abused by ragers over battle chat, garage chat, general chat or forums is not welcome by WG because it tends to turn away customers.  It's as simple as that.

PS. Thumbs up on the removal of points rolling off.  That was just allowing people to continue to abuse the system without permanent consequence.

Edited by tlouie, 02 August 2016 - 06:19 PM.

SuperNikoPower #171 Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:31 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 132 battles

I'm going to follow up and answer some more of the questions you guys have but I do want to say this.

If you have never been given a warning, in game sanction, or anything else, keep doing what you are doing.

If you have received sanctions for major things in game or on the forums, look those over, see what you did and don't do it again.

The Rules Violation Policy doesn't change any of the rules we've always had. You all know what they are, you've seen them, you've experienced them, and you've seen them violated in some way. The reporting of these issues hasn't changed either. When you are in game and want to get angry and unleash a stream of profanities/insults towards other players, you should think as if everyone has replays enabled and have their hands on the Print Screen key ready to screenshot it.

If someone starts popping off in game or on the forums, be an adult, don't engage. Don't put yourself in a position where you will subject yourself to the possibility of getting a strike.

ahredstealth #172 Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:28 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostNikoPower, on 02 August 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

I'm going to follow up and answer some more of the questions you guys have but I do want to say this.

If you have never been given a warning, in game sanction, or anything else, keep doing what you are doing.

If you have received sanctions for major things in game or on the forums, look those over, see what you did and don't do it again.

The Rules Violation Policy doesn't change any of the rules we've always had. You all know what they are, you've seen them, you've experienced them, and you've seen them violated in some way. The reporting of these issues hasn't changed either. When you are in game and want to get angry and unleash a stream of profanities/insults towards other players, you should think as if everyone has replays enabled and have their hands on the Print Screen key ready to screenshot it.

If someone starts popping off in game or on the forums, be an adult, don't engage. Don't put yourself in a position where you will subject yourself to the possibility of getting a strike.

question.

Do you guys keep logs of chats?  Sometimes I'm slow on the screen shot.  If I can screen shot the time stamp of the battle, can you guys see the entire chat log from the game?

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

SuperNikoPower #173 Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 132 battles

View Postahredstealth, on 02 August 2016 - 09:28 AM, said:

question.

Do you guys keep logs of chats?  Sometimes I'm slow on the screen shot.  If I can screen shot the time stamp of the battle, can you guys see the entire chat log from the game?

Yes, we can see chat logs.

tlouie #174 Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9642 battles
  • [TAT]

View PostNikoPower, on 02 August 2016 - 12:38 PM, said:

For both battle chat and garage chat?

David_Rish #175 Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17394 battles
  • [FROZE]
Game for the kiddos now..

Ookla_the_Mok #176 Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28767 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View PostNikoPower, on 02 August 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

In that case, cleaning up the in-game chat should be easy. Maybe we need a new guideline for what info is required for a productive ticket. There are horrible things being said, but it can be difficult to screenshot. Lay out the minimum amount of info required. Perhaps the frequently reported can be tracked. 

BRSKT Discord - Now 46% Dale Doback, 28% Gritty, and 26% folklore.
Alternatively you can check out
 [BRSKT]  

SuperNikoPower #177 Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 132 battles

View Posttlouie, on 02 August 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

For both battle chat and garage chat?

We are able to check all chat logs.

David_Rish #178 Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17394 battles
  • [FROZE]
Nice now my 10+ reports a day will get some where. And no more uniscum raging..

CeNeN_is_FakeNews #179 Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:19 PM

Your Last and Final Form

• Players
  • 22388 battles
  • [STRYK]
Nice Wargaming

BobaFett_56 #180 Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:23 PM

Mandalorian Bounty Hunter

• Players
  • 44387 battles
  • [ANIME]
Is Wargaming going to fix the support for sending in reports because I frequently see major rule violations and every time I try to send a screen shot in it says file size is too big or something and there is no way to adjust it when trying to send a ticket. Could you guys either have a way to adjust the file size when trying to send the screen shots or make your tickets able to send higher quality pics. Lol it's not my fault if you guys have made game graphics too good to send in reports...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users