New Wargaming Rules Violation Policy

• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

Ausf_G #181 Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 54167 battles
  • [ALIAS]

Edited by Ausf_G, 13 September 2016 - 10:49 AM.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Ausf_G

Commander of the 11TH Panzer Division. vom Führer Genehmigt

Ha! Derging voll durch ihre panzerung

Der steht in Flammen! 

Hope I dont catch a ban for this post.

BobaFett_56 #182 Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:33 PM

Mandalorian Bounty Hunter

• Players
  • 44387 battles
  • [ANIME]
I see plenty of players calling other players noobs does this get a strike or not??? Lol getting strikes for that could wipe out most of the players in game.

RH_131 #183 Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:44 PM

Maus Master

• Players
  • 33867 battles
  • [SCAMO]
What exactly qualifies to get a chat ban. I've never insulted anyone on their religion, race, or ethnicity before because that's just wrong, but I do constantly give helpful hints to people that play poorly in the form of idiot, noob, wthare you doing, etc. Is it fine to say these things as long as we don't break the chat filter, I.E. doing thîs to make a censored word appear when it shouldn't. I just need some clarification on that.

#1 Maus Damage Record Holder

"We just lost to 2 tanks that shouldn't even be considered for clan wars"-Anonymous after being defeated by the PNCR Maus tank division.   (2015 PNCR, not 3-0 Mobile Masters PNCR, we were actually good)

Tanks left to get: WZ 120, WZ 121, WZ 111 1-4, WZ 113
Tanks I own: STB-1, Jg. Pz. E-100, FV215b 183, FV 4202, T-62A, IS-7, Obj 263, Foch 155, B-C 25t, WZ 110, T-34-2
Tanks I own(and like): E-50 M, E-100, Maus, Leopard 1, Grille 15, Obj 140, IS-4, Obj 268, T110E5, T110E4, T110E3, T57 Heavy, M48 Patton, AMX 50b, FV215b, E75, Jagdtiger, IS-3D, T34 Independence, Tiger II, Jagdtiger 88, Van Helsing, LTP, KV2, Kuro, Hetzer SP, and Pz 4 Anko
Favorite Tank: M4A3E8 FURY
          I have a YouTube channel, if you enjoy 1 video every year press the subscribe button

awesomeplayer9690 #184 Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29857 battles
  • [NORTH]

Niko, just wondering, 

Do warnings (the first one you get before strikes) count as a violation that will prevent you from winning the 3 month things?

"The greatest gift is time. Giving time is giving away part of your life that you'll never get back." - Anonymous

"Can't get ammo-racked if I bring no ammo"

[HOW TO] Stat Signature |

Colonel_Sanders1 #185 Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8743 battles

View PostNikoPower, on 02 August 2016 - 12:38 PM, said:

Yes, we can see chat logs.

I wish I had known that when a guy threatened to track my IP and shoot me in the head, I didn't get a screenshot so I thought I had no option
Oh no

SuperNikoPower #186 Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:48 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 132 battles

Alright folks,

I'm upping the ante here. When our program starts, for the first while I, with the help of Nyx, will go through the reports and see if anything is unfair or heavy handed. If we do in fact feel a report is too minor to even be minor, we will look into reversing it. If you get a strike, let us know. We will look into it. Keep in mind that not all strikes will be reversed. I'm making this announcement not only to inform you, but to hopefully put your minds at ease about the reporting in general. We will monitor for a while to make sure reports that are given out have a sort of consistency to them.

I hope this helps address your concerns even more.

arman516 #187 Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8480 battles
  • [ANINV]

View PostNikoPower, on 02 August 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

Alright folks,

I'm upping the ante here. When our program starts, for the first while I, with the help of Nyx, will go through the reports and see if anything is unfair or heavy handed. If we do in fact feel a report is too minor to even be minor, we will look into reversing it. If you get a strike, let us know. We will look into it. Keep in mind that not all strikes will be reversed. I'm making this announcement not only to inform you, but to hopefully put your minds at ease about the reporting in general. We will monitor for a while to make sure reports that are given out have a sort of consistency to them.

I hope this helps address your concerns even more.

thank goodness

My Stats

Favorite Tanks: VK 28.01, SU-152, SU-76i Ice Claw, Valentine II, RU 251, Valentine II and KV-1. Currently Grinding: I just want a KV-2

sgt_Longhofer_USMC #188 Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:20 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3306 battles
  • [TPDG]

View PostRion12, on 02 August 2016 - 02:00 PM, said:

I dislike the whole "wimps need safe spaces" mentality going on here. There's a difference between suppression and just being a decent and respectable person. 

A game is, at the end of the day, supposed to be a fun experience. The idea being that you can get a small break from the crazy things of real life. Having to see someone's rage and anger isn't exactly conducive to that, so it's perfectly understandable, and possibly even expected, if WG (or any other game developer) doesn't exactly want that.

As for the incentive program...there exist a vast number of studies which very well indicate that Positive Reinforcement is a strong model for encouraging behavioral change. That, in combination with what I said earlier, is why I personally support this new policy, so props to WGNA.

Yeah my incentive program in life,was not getting my butt beat by my mom or dad..and teachers. Lol..it worked wonders..I didn't go to jail,i learned respect,i became something of myself...we didn't have participation trophies or safe zones.we learned to live and play with other's..I believe this generation is going to be the downfall of our country..I could be wrong..I sure hope so...

CrazyHunter13 #189 Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7295 battles

View Postbrick_tank, on 02 August 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

I've yet to submit a ticket that WG accepted. This despite having two people literally harass me in every single game for months. They expect you to submit a video. How about you implement REPLAY before you require players to submit a video to file a complaint? Recording Blitz is not trivial. Implement a replay feature for last game played. That will solve a lot of in-game nonsense because EVERYONE will have access and reporting will be easy as save and submit.

Ok sorry. Have zero faith in WG for this particular matter.

It's real simple to do with Android 6.0

View PostDirty_Rabbit, on 02 August 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

Game for the kiddos now..

Considering that the minimal age limit to create an ingame account is 13 years. So yea, the game always want for kids as well

View PostColonel_Sanders1, on 02 August 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

I wish I had known that when a guy threatened to track my IP and shoot me in the head, I didn't get a screenshot so I thought I had no option

Trust me...he won't have a clue about even where to start tracking your IP let alone tracing it back to your PC/mobile device and get a location. Tons of ragers use it. It's an empty threat; I lost count how many times I heard that specific threat while online PC/console gaming

Edited by CrazyHunter13, 03 August 2016 - 12:29 AM.

Lonewolf_28 #190 Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23467 battles
Lol whatever like I said earlier PC police at its best, here is an idea take out the chat function all together....would hate to hurt someones feelings.....

CptCheez #191 Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:22 AM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostRH_131, on 02 August 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:

What exactly qualifies to get a chat ban. I've never insulted anyone on their religion, race, or ethnicity before because that's just wrong, but I do constantly give helpful hints to people that play poorly in the form of idiot, noob, wthare you doing, etc. Is it fine to say these things as long as we don't break the chat filter, I.E. doing thîs to make a censored word appear when it shouldn't. I just need some clarification on that.

It's all very clearly laid out in the Game Rules, which you can find stickied at the top of every sub-forum on this website.

http://forum.wotblit...itz-game-rules/

Start with Section 2.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

Big_Tidday_Goth_GF #192 Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23949 battles
  • [KATAR]

View Posttlouie, on 02 August 2016 - 07:39 AM, said:

WG doesn't care about feels or safe spaces or the people who push for safe spaces.  WG wants an environment that's conducive to attracting and retaining customers.

Customers being abused by ragers over battle chat, garage chat, general chat or forums is not welcome by WG because it tends to turn away customers.  It's as simple as that.

PS. Thumbs up on the removal of points rolling off.  That was just allowing people to continue to abuse the system without permanent consequence.

I agree that's what they're going for and I think it makes sense.  I just know how things like this are abused by people.

E 50 M: "Gungnir" T-62A: "Charon" Leopard 1: "Tyrfing" Obj. 140: "Deimos" E 100: "Gram" M48 Patton: "Justice" STB-1: "Muramasa" FV4202: "Narsil" FV 215b: "Anduril"  Grille 15: "Mystletainn" IS-4: "Scamander" IS-7 "Ionia" T110E5: "Eclipse" Maus: "Tarnhelm" Obj. 263: "Aristeia" AMX 50 B: "Durandel" Foch 155: "Joyeuse" M60: "Traveller"

krietenstein34 #193 Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32132 battles
  • [HAHA]

I've never turned anyone in on a ticket.....   probably never will...       

I have 18k random games .....

I believe the ONLY instance I would even consider a ticket are the 25k battles, 36% WR BOTS.

Other than that, you'll get yours.  

I can only imagine the deluge of "jonny blocked me",  "billy said a bad word",  "sally sat in a corner"    tickets.  

anyone watch MADtv and trigger word sketch ???  

:girl:

ahredstealth #194 Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:50 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostBobaFett_56, on 02 August 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

Is Wargaming going to fix the support for sending in reports because I frequently see major rule violations and every time I try to send a screen shot in it says file size is too big or something and there is no way to adjust it when trying to send a ticket. Could you guys either have a way to adjust the file size when trying to send the screen shots or make your tickets able to send higher quality pics. Lol it's not my fault if you guys have made game graphics too good to send in reports...

You can shrink pictures in MS paint.   It's a pretty basic program that comes on almost every computer.  Plus a handful of other programs...

You could also host your full size images on imugur and send in the links.

If the file size thing is stopping you, it's effort related.

View Postkrietenstein34, on 03 August 2016 - 05:38 AM, said:

I don't normally submit tickets either...  intentional blocking will get a ticket submitted, but mainly because I can't go anywhere or do anything thing else because I'm being blocked.

However, racist and homophobic remarks will instantly get screen shotted and sent in for review.  I see no place for that.  Anywhere.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

mike82198 #195 Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39645 battles
  • [CRATE]

The only people who should be concerned by this are those incapable of playing this game without engaging in irrelevant behavior. The "safe space" comments are insidious to me and are mostly made by those who try to use this game as a safe space to engage in obnoxious, racist, or otherwise anti-social behavior that is unacceptable elsewhere. This is not 4chan; It's a tanks game intended for and played by children. You don't have to wish diseases upon a 14 year old because he ruined the T-43 stats on your re-roll by camping his Tiger II. Learn to let go. 

Great example:

View PostNsidiousOne, on 01 August 2016 - 03:51 PM, said:

I just wonder how many folks will troll someone into a violation trap just so they can screen shot it for a reports and to drag out every time someone mentions the offenders name. Yes I am looking at that Mike guy from Krieg, Pramo, NE

No need to worry: people who are likely to get "troll[ed] into a violation trap" are serial offenders who don't require any prompting. You, for instance, name and shamed me in the post quoted above. That's a strike you've earned without anyone engaging you. 

Edited by mike82198, 03 August 2016 - 03:29 PM.

Posit1ve_ #196 Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:07 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 61872 battles
  • [_V_]

View Postmike82198, on 03 August 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

The only people who should be concerned by this are those incapable of playing this game without engaging in irrelevant behavior. The "safe space" comments are insidious to me and are mostly made by those who try to use this game as a safe space to engage in obnoxious, racist, or otherwise anti-social behavior that is unacceptable elsewhere. This is not 4chan; It's a tanks game intended for and played by children. You don't have to wish diseases upon a 14 year old because he ruined the T-43 stats on your re-roll by camping his Tiger II. Learn to let go. 

Great example:

No need to worry: people who are likely to get "troll[ed] into a violation trap" are serial offenders who don't require any prompting. You, for instance, name and shamed me in the post quoted above. That's a strike you've earned without anyone engaging you. 

Impressive. Trolled someone into a violation trap before even saying anything to them. Again, impressive. :trollface:

336 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

CptCheez #197 Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:20 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View Postkrietenstein34, on 03 August 2016 - 07:38 AM, said:

Your sister did that one time, though... :hiding:

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

Ookla_the_Mok #198 Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:38 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28767 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postmike82198, on 03 August 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

​We need a clear definition of name and shame from WG, because, regardless of how I feel about the comments, I do not see this as name and shame on any level.

BRSKT Discord - Now 46% Dale Doback, 28% Gritty, and 26% folklore.
Alternatively you can check out
 [BRSKT]  

_Meta #199 Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19456 battles
  • [SRT-]

View PostCptCheez, on 01 August 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with a reward system like that.  Positive reinforcement is a much more effective system for behavior modification than punishment or negative reinforcement.  MUCH more.

And I would respectfully disagree. A reward for acting like a decent human being to others? How about we just punish those that continue to have infractions, act like tools and generally contribute to the downfall and lack of enjoyment of the game? How about we stick to our guns with those punishments? The reward for those acting like they should and following the rules placed before all of us should be an enhanced gaming experience. Less trolls running around means more fun and that is reward enough for me. Perhaps I am just old school. I was always taught to follow the rules and failure to do so results in punishment. But whatever soothes people nowadays. 

"It's a fool that goes into battle and doesn't use every tool at his disposal. If you ever catch yourself in a "fair" fight, you deserve to lose."-- Meta

sgt_Longhofer_USMC #200 Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3306 battles
  • [TPDG]

View Post_Meta, on 03 August 2016 - 06:01 PM, said:

And I would respectfully disagree. A reward for acting like a decent human being to others? How about we just punish those that continue to have infractions, act like tools and generally contribute to the downfall and lack of enjoyment of the game? How about we stick to our guns with those punishments? The reward for those acting like they should and following the rules placed before all of us should be an enhanced gaming experience. Less trolls running around means more fun and that is reward enough for me. Perhaps I am just old school. I was always taught to follow the rules and failure to do so results in punishment. But whatever soothes people nowadays. 

^^^__^^^ this and what I said too..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users