SPUDiversary Extravaganza

SPUD Prom Dress Tater Tater Nation 1 year Potato Tinman we miss you Dont poke the Mok Prizes 100 pigeon release

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

ahredstealth #101 Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:25 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

Got caught up at work... well, working.

So, this one's done.

I'll tally and get back to everyone.  Busy today, so may take a while.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

vvk2 #102 Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 73772 battles
  • [SPUDX]

In case we have nothing for tier 8:

What is the best IS anti-spam? Just another IS! (aka: If you cannot beat them, join them)

Spoiler

and some results

Spoiler

The most unusual part - the IS-3D gun was unusually reliable. 

Edited by vvk2, 22 August 2016 - 07:57 PM.

SieurPersil #103 Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:21 PM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 22 August 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

I've enjoyed 'toons with many SPUDs, but nothing noteworthy contest related as I primarily tore up the reds when high tier and potatoed when low tier. Such is life.

Then, I failed at failing, which unfolded in three steps:

First, last night I decided to go after the Lehman Brothers trophy as I am already a no-good prammo-spamming noob. Embrace it, I said, revel in it. I decided to play a couple games and come back for active pursuit of massive credit losses. Doh, my Tankenstein ammoracked a T-43 and a mission yielded a day of premium time. Dammit.

Second, I rolled out the Baby Leo full of prammo and hoped for the best. Team vaporizes and I barely had time to sling enough prammo to lose credits like a boss. A loss, decent damage, 40K in credits burned up.

Third, I went for it with a T2 Light loaded to the gills with APCR and every expensive item I could throw at it. Vroom, vroom, this was a little Hot Rod ready to burn every fancy upgrade in chasing the dream. Load in on Copperfield and drop speed boost to facilitate my run-n-gun/spray-n-pray/mortgage-backed-securities strategy. Gold is shredding all before me as 400 shots spit forth from my sexy beast. Fresh new tankers are falling to the ground in awe of the angry little tank running circles around them while turning their tanking ambitions to Swiss cheese. Tears are shed.

Luck was on my side, SPUDs, as my team was not doing much to end the battle before I could empty my ammo. I ran, I fired, I could see the trophy in my Mok paws. The smell of winning and hydraulic fluid permeated the air. Drunk on my brilliant plan, I moved in for the last kill - a turretless victim that was at my untender mercies. Down he went like so many before.

But then, failing at failing:

Spoiler

Tip of the cap to Humble Rumble, who knew enough to double down on Enron stock when I didn't. 

Man, a mastery losing that much credits is an entry of its own in my book ! Some funky trophy must be created........

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

TexaninSteelTown #104 Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:48 PM

Kaiser of the Prussian States of Africa

• Players
  • 12711 battles

View Postfuricle, on 22 August 2016 - 02:10 PM, said:

I was so proud of my new pretty 15cm gun on my Borsig....

2nd game out, halfway through a close match, a Comet drives right over a dune and stops not 20 yards away directly in front of me.

I promptly fired a massive projectile perfectly center mass.

and it bounced off his gun mantlet....

and he finished me off before I could reload.

If that was in real life, the Comet would have been a melted lump of metal and your gun mantlet would have as bunch of holes in it from the Comet's machine gun.

C8bBIbj.png

vvk2 #105 Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 73772 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I know it is late, but I want to post this as a honorable (no reward) submission to

Bring your kid to Blitz (a.k.a. bring a friend to the Potato Patch Award)

So my kid decided to grind the German second TD line. The kid took a good start, earning two Kolobanov's in a day: one in Marder and one in Hetzer. Today he asked me to toon with him in Tier IV so he can get to the Flank Toaster faster (he is yet to find out how terrible that thing is, but he is all excited about a Tier VIII gun, LOL).

I have only one Tier IV now, it is Valentine that I have not driven for a while. 

So off we went. as the battle screen showed up I realized that my pref MM is out of the window and I am to battle Tier V monsters. 

It is Canal. I shout "R" (to the rails as usual) and of course only my kid in Hetzer follows. The rest just scatter all around the map. Luckily, the reds are as bad and my kid and I are met by red Pz 38 and Luchs behind the hills along the rails. The derp on one hand and insane RoF of Valentine  on the other do the job quickly and effectively. and the troll armor of the Hetzer and Valentine keep us from damage. So we go after the rest of Reds. My kid manage to hit a Lee while I move toward red T-34. As I engage the T-34 I realized I cannot pen it, nor can he pen me. So I switch to gold and start hitting him. My kid comes to help and we finish him. By that time our team has disappeared with exception of a Leo who went AFK, the Reds have a Leo and Stug (was AFK actually). So the Leo hunt is about to begin. Somehow we manage to spot him around the cap and start hitting him. He was really close to escape but my kid managed to score a hit with his derp!

By that time we were damaged and I chose to cap, although my kid wanted to check the red base for AFK... Maybe we should have...

So, take you kid to Blitz more often!

Spoiler

Edited by vvk2, 23 August 2016 - 02:23 AM.

SieurPersil #106 Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:13 AM

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Great game and story vvk ! I love it :medal:

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

bg2b #107 Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:50 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]
What's the story, oh Grand Poobah?

ahredstealth #108 Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:47 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

Haven't forgotten, just scatter brained and haven't tallyed... sorry everyone.  My bad.

I'll try and get to it soon...

Again, apologies.

ahredstealth #109 Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:50 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postbg2b, on 26 August 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

What's the story, oh Grand Poobah?

I believe I have everything tallied.  I have to talk to Blartch now and get his view on a few things.

And then I think I do have something I need to discuss with the council that I should have caught before this, but I freak'n suck, so I didn't...

and then I think I can announce winners and get out gift cards...

Thanks for the patience on this one.  I don't know why I couldn't get my butt in gear.

Blartch #110 Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:57 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 63981 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postahredstealth, on 29 August 2016 - 03:50 PM, said:

I believe I have everything tallied.  I have to talk to Blartch now and get his view on a few things.

And then I think I do have something I need to discuss with the council that I should have caught before this, but I freak'n suck, so I didn't...

and then I think I can announce winners and get out gift cards...

Thanks for the patience on this one.  I don't know why I couldn't get my butt in gear.

I left it right next to the Henweigh

ahredstealth #111 Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:38 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

Okay Okay Okay, everybody gather 'round.

I'm going to go over this so that people can gaze in wide wonder at what I'm up to here and tell me if I'm looking at it right.

Tier 3 Winners:

Gusman & Persil  (Second year.  Building a pedestal)

Tier 4 Winners:

Lights Out and Humble Rumble

Tier 5 Winners:

BG and Archie

Tier 6:

vvK  ~ Persil out did him in damage, but he also won the seal clubber tier... and I know Persil wants that trophy...

Tier 7:

Potato.

Tier 8:

Potato.

Blartch Special:

BradleyGunner  - After Discussion with Blartch it became clear that his submission was the Blartchy-est.

Gordon Gecko:

Blartch

Lehman:

PianoClassical.  Why?  Because Humble wasn't top or 2nd in damage... and he won something else...  Ookla didn't post the second screen I need to verify to or second (unless I'm missing something)... even though mastery... (Plus I know he'll want to spread the love around anyway... because Mok), and Blartch also already won something else...  So...  Piano wins.

Bring a Friend:

Footkick - Why?  Because he gave a solid description of the battle, I like the Type 62, and because I'm betting BG will take a picture of his surprise face when he finds out he won, and perhaps we'll get to see it on Slack or something.  Giggle.

So there it is.  If anyone has any beef or feels I missed something, or whatever, please let me know.  I've been a bit off my game lately.

All results are open to interpretation until the cards go out. 

Ookla_the_Mok #112 Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:46 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28535 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postahredstealth, on 31 August 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

PianoClassical.  Why?  Because Humble wasn't top or 2nd in damage... and he won something else...  Ookla didn't post the second screen I need to verify to or second (unless I'm missing something)... even though mastery... (Plus I know he'll want to spread the love around anyway... because Mok), and Blartch also already won something else...  So...  Piano wins.

Bring a Friend:

​Can I get an "AIG Giant Government Bailout" Trophy?

Spoiler

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 46% Dale Doback, 28% Gritty, and 26% folklore.

ahredstealth #113 Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:55 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 31 August 2016 - 10:46 AM, said:

​Can I get an "AIG Giant Government Bailout" Trophy?

Spoiler

Sure.  I can do that for you Mok.

SieurPersil #114 Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:57 PM

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Woohoo Gusman ! We did it again.......and on our second game together lol. Pro clubber we are :B

Your right, all I want is the glorious seal clubbing trophy. VVK can have the tier six prize. 

Congrats to all the winners and a special thanks to Gusman, the seals and the mighty pz s35 !

Ookla_the_Mok #115 Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:58 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28535 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postahredstealth, on 31 August 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

Sure.  I can do that for you Mok.

Sweet. Mantle had been cleared in anticipation of winning the Clubber trophy, but SP and Gus are building a flippin' dynasty with their seal pelts, seal skin mittens, seal boxers, seal stew, on and on...

ahredstealth #116 Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:59 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]
Oh, also, I'm going to need to know who is from the Great White North.  Canada hates iTunes and what not... so... let me know.

Archie761 #117 Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27451 battles
  • [SPUDX]

for me!

Ookla_the_Mok #118 Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:48 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28535 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View PostArchie761, on 31 August 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

for me!

Bob and Doug McKenzie loved beer.

A Beer company in The Hot Green South had a mascot with last name MacKenzie.

First name of that dog was SPUDs.

Coincidence? I think not.

Archie761 #119 Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27451 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I love the dog, hate the beer.

Ookla_the_Mok #120 Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:57 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28535 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View PostArchie761, on 31 August 2016 - 12:38 PM, said:

I love the dog, hate the beer.

​Licking the dog or tasting the beer yields the same taste. Nasty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users