SPUDiversary Extravaganza

SPUD Prom Dress Tater Tater Nation 1 year Potato Tinman we miss you Dont poke the Mok Prizes 100 pigeon release

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

bg2b #81 Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:53 AM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]
Geez, it's not easy to log out cause potato.  I thought for a moment I was going to be trapped in an alternate body forever...

SieurPersil #82 Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:32 AM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostPtank2012, on 14 August 2016 - 09:59 PM, said:

Me and Ruggs claim the tier 5 spot with this little battle

2,785 damage. 

Beat that!

sYes, like mentionned, you have to be low tier for the score to qualify. 

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

bg2b #83 Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:39 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]

Tier 5 low-tier platoon with SieurPersil: 2389

Tier 4 low-tier platoon with SieurPersil: 2153

Tier 5 low-tier platoon with Archie761: 2683

Images here

ahredstealth #84 Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:25 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

I'm using my provisional omnipotent potato powers to change the end date of the contest.

I'm extending it to the 22nd.

(Basically I forgot to get the prizes.  I haven't changed over my money back to dollars from pounds after coming back from Europe, and none of the stores will take my funny money.  Yes, I'm a procrastinator.)

So that means we've got one more week of SPUDtivites.

(I also hate ending parties.)

If anyone has any real beef with this, shoot me a PM and we'll chat.

Otherwise, someone grab some more marshmallows.  T4four said he was making another keg run.  Also, where did the bacon wrapped hot dogs go?  They were delicious.  If anyone needs me I'll be in my hammock procrastinating for another week.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

DrFerd #85 Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:07 PM

Certified BlitzWeather Forecaster

• Players
  • 38417 battles
  • [III-S]

/ raises a salute to clan Solanum tuberous. Congrats on the anniversary. 

YouTube & Blog  https://ferdsquad.com 

bg2b #86 Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:23 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]

For ease of reference, I went through to summarize the current numbers-to-beat for the contests that are numbers-based.  The top two entries in each case are given because of the can-only-win-in-one-category rule.  Hopefully these are accurate, but the little pieces of paper I was scribbling numbers on tend to get mixed up with other stuff (you should see my desk), so no guarantees...  Most likely is that I might have missed an entry rather than that I wrote one down wrong.

Tier 3 seal-clubbing: Gusman & SieurPersil 2096, LIGHTS_OUT & PianoClassical 1964

Tier 4 low-tier platoon: LIGHTS_OUT & HumbleRumble 2250, bg2b & SieurPersil 2153

Tier 5 low-tier platoon: bg2b & Archie761 2683, LIGHTS_OUT & furicle 2444

Tier 6 damage-fest: SieurPersil 3235, vvk2 3153

Tier 7 IS-extermination: no entries, perhaps because IS-*'s can't be killed by tier 7 tanks

GG: Blartch 178488, vvk2 147930

LB: HumbleRumble -184290, Ookla_the_Mok -141605

Edit: I will update this post with new entries as they become available.  If I miss (or have already missed) somebody's, please let me know.

Updated for LIGHTS_OUT & PianoClassical tier 3 entry

Updated for Ookla_the_Mok LB entry

Edited by bg2b, 22 August 2016 - 05:03 PM.

LIGHTS___OUT #87 Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:32 PM

Welcome to the Dark Side

• Players
  • 38367 battles
  • [BRSKT]

PianoClassical and I gave it a run at tier 3 last night. I believe these results were from our very first game. We came so close. I thought we had a chance. 

20 games later we had come no closer. 

We did run into a few unicum platoons. I called out the TWO and 501 toon as the seal clubbers they are. No response. 

Then we got called names by a different unicum platoon, probably because we won. 

Anyway.

Tier 3 platoon.  1964 total damge.  (1 clip away)

Screenshots here

Archie761 #88 Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25596 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Entry for ‘Bring a friend to the Potato Patch Award’

Fredstash37 was helping me grind my VK 30.01 D about a week and a half ago and we had a hilarious match. I didn’t even think to post it until a couple of nights ago.

We load into Middleburg, me in the .01 D and Fred in his VK 28.01.

Ok then, reds have four TDs, 2 KV-2’s, a SU-100Y and a T49. Great, three tanks that can one shot either of us in the length of time it takes a HE shell to travel from their barrel to the side of out modestly protected hulls. A VK 28.01 is quick but not that quick.  I’m beginning to think that this is going to be ‘one of those games’ with the big red boom sticks all over the place. Maybe we can convince our team to hit the hills with us, don’t do anything silly and we might just wear them down. I know, I know, not the most probable outcome in a Tier 6 pubbie match but, hey I still have hope.

Countdown hits 0 and Fred and I hit the spotting hill on our side of the map and poke the top to see if anything lights up. Some reds pop and we are moving around trying to not let any of the reds get a good view line on us and not expose ourselves to the boom sticks on red that must be coming up the hill by this point. Pretty early on green starts to melt rapidly and we were down at least two or possibly three tanks. Fred is buzzing around like a crazed hornet landing shots and getting back into cover without taking much if any damage and has been whittling the reds to 1 shot territory. Turrets are spinning chasing the crazed VK 28 hornet and I just start leisurely popping up and get the kill shots while red is otherwise occupied.  

The SU-100Y decides that a short flank around the hill is a good idea and I move to cut him off. I juke a shot out of him and I get one into him in return, bringing him to a high roll 1 shot territory. Next shot is a kill shot, I knew I had the reload but kinda worrisome sitting in front of that big gun waiting for my reload. I pop back up the hill and we finish off the last KV for kill steal number 6.

Fred ended up doing all of the hard work and more than doubled my damage. I end up with a Top Gun, Pool’s, Sniper and a 3 shot Reaper. Getting a Reaper in the VK 30.01 D cracked me up!

Edit: just wanted to stress how much kill stealing I was actually doing. I landed 12 shots with an average damage per shot of 114 from a 160 average alpha gun!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Archie761, 17 August 2016 - 03:33 PM.

Fredstash37 #89 Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:33 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13839 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Look there ^^^^^^^^^

Archie just about described it to perfection- but I felt more like a bee, because my sting wasn't as bad as a hornets, jk lol. Great battle anyways, it was a very stressful battle knowing that we could easily be one shotted.

i'll buzz off now...

Status: Friendless (and that will be true forever, don't pity me I enjoy the attention too much)

Archie761 #90 Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25596 battles
  • [SPUDX]
I went with hornet because a bee only stings once

TexaninSteelTown #91 Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:31 PM

Kaiser of the Prussian States of Africa

• Players
  • 12711 battles
Can we make an exception for the Tier 8 extraordinary contest? Because I got this: and there are no other participants.

C8bBIbj.png

SieurPersil #92 Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:40 PM

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostTexaninSteelTown, on 18 August 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

Can we make an exception for the Tier 8 extraordinary contest? Because I got this: and there are no other participants.

Lolz Tex ! I like it. The story is everything though. I want to hear the tale of this one ! :popcorn:

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

TexaninSteelTown #93 Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:43 PM

• Players
  • 12711 battles

View PostSieurPersil, on 18 August 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

Lolz Tex ! I like it. The story is everything though. I want to hear the tale of this one ! :popcorn:

I was stupid like a tater, and I rushed a T62-A charging me and I only had around 150 H.P. left. A jageruu shot him and I did the rest.I should Also say I charged a 54 that battle when I had 150 H.P. and he missed while he blew up. This was All on Port Bay and Tunnel visioning helped me get this Medal!

Edited by TexaninSteelTown, 18 August 2016 - 06:45 PM.

C8bBIbj.png

TexaninSteelTown #94 Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:44 PM

• Players
  • 12711 battles

View PostSieurPersil, on 18 August 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

If that's not cool enough I'll change it. I had 150 H.P. and charged a Maus and flipped him into the Water.

C8bBIbj.png

SieurPersil #95 Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:49 AM

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Making an entry for the "bring a friend to the potato patch" part of the contest. I already made an entry for this playing with Stoss. The rule says only one entry but this is too good not to be entered and rules are made to be broken. So, sue me !

Late last night, I sign in to play just a couple before zzzzzzz time. I get a message from the worlds funkiest chicken who is looking for a reason to platoon (lol). I have a tier six mission that I have to kill twenty tanks to complete with sixteen remaining to do. So, we go for this. I'm getting a good amount of kills with pretty low damage scores while Funk is carrying my poor play and supporting my kill stealing mode. We do pretty well (thanks to Funk) with a 7-2 record and I have sixteen kills out of twenty on the mission. Its now late, very late and I tell Funk that I'm gonna retire for the night. For those who know this special chicken of the funkiest type, he asked to play one more like he often does. So, with my twistable arm, I agreed and got out the Kuro Mori Mine and this happened https://imgur.com/a/YKpxP My best game of the night and the mission completed. I went to bed much too late but with a big smile on my face. Not because of the good game or getting the mission. Just from the great feeling you get from playing with Funk. 

TexaninSteelTown #96 Posted 21 August 2016 - 02:46 PM

• Players
  • 12711 battles

View PostBlartch, on 14 August 2016 - 11:21 AM, said:

Tier 8 epiciosity (FWIW)

May well not be epic enough.... but I was sure happy to get this to finally happen:

http://imgur.com/a/VWg3x

My Borsuck ace in a tank in which I have not been very good.  The truly epic and unreproduceable events include acquiring a "sniper" medal with that ridiculously trollish 15cm gun... as well as bouncing a shot from an Obj. 704 :amazed:

I once cod a T-95 in my Borsig. I hope they allow my Waffle kamikaze so I can compete with you.

C8bBIbj.png

ahredstealth #97 Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:31 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

I'll be calling this one at noon and tallying the results folks.

Get your screen shots in.

Potato!

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Ookla_the_Mok #98 Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:30 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28238 battles
  • [BRSKT]

I've enjoyed 'toons with many SPUDs, but nothing noteworthy contest related as I primarily tore up the reds when high tier and potatoed when low tier. Such is life.

Then, I failed at failing, which unfolded in three steps:

First, last night I decided to go after the Lehman Brothers trophy as I am already a no-good prammo-spamming noob. Embrace it, I said, revel in it. I decided to play a couple games and come back for active pursuit of massive credit losses. Doh, my Tankenstein ammoracked a T-43 and a mission yielded a day of premium time. Dammit.

Second, I rolled out the Baby Leo full of prammo and hoped for the best. Team vaporizes and I barely had time to sling enough prammo to lose credits like a boss. A loss, decent damage, 40K in credits burned up.

Third, I went for it with a T2 Light loaded to the gills with APCR and every expensive item I could throw at it. Vroom, vroom, this was a little Hot Rod ready to burn every fancy upgrade in chasing the dream. Load in on Copperfield and drop speed boost to facilitate my run-n-gun/spray-n-pray/mortgage-backed-securities strategy. Gold is shredding all before me as 400 shots spit forth from my sexy beast. Fresh new tankers are falling to the ground in awe of the angry little tank running circles around them while turning their tanking ambitions to Swiss cheese. Tears are shed.

Luck was on my side, SPUDs, as my team was not doing much to end the battle before I could empty my ammo. I ran, I fired, I could see the trophy in my Mok paws. The smell of winning and hydraulic fluid permeated the air. Drunk on my brilliant plan, I moved in for the last kill - a turretless victim that was at my untender mercies. Down he went like so many before.

But then, failing at failing:

Spoiler

Tip of the cap to Humble Rumble, who knew enough to double down on Enron stock when I didn't. 

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

Ptank2012 #99 Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:04 PM

Never Tell Me the Odds

• Players
  • 15893 battles
  • [SPUDX]
I killed an IS-3 on Dead Rail last night tooning with Alphabet in my Jagpanther. I have 1 screenshot of the match but it wasn't of the kill becuase I'm an idiot and didn't read the specification of the mission again:facepalm:. If Alphabet vouces for me can does it count? Here's the other pic btw:
Spoiler

Alphabet got the VK 30.02 and I got the IS-3 then was killed by the 3D.

Favorite tanks: E-75, Cromwell, Nashorn, KV-2, SU-152 and the Shinob

Lines currently grinding: AMX 50B, Obj. 268, E50, T110E5, & JagdPanzer E-00

Completed lines: STB-1, E-100

furicle #100 Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:10 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 48269 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostTexaninSteelTown, on 21 August 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

I once cod a T-95 in my Borsig. I hope they allow my Waffle kamikaze so I can compete with you.

I was so proud of my new pretty 15cm gun on my Borsig....

2nd game out, halfway through a close match, a Comet drives right over a dune and stops not 20 yards away directly in front of me.

I promptly fired a massive projectile perfectly center mass.

and it bounced off his gun mantlet....

and he finished me off before I could reload.

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users