Ice Claw Review SU-76i

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

SchnauzerKampfwagenIV #21 Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:47 PM

If injured in battle please call Dr. S. Paul Abpraller III DVM E

• Players
  • 40630 battles
  • [ISSAH]
Op what equipment are you running? PS. You have an excellent narration voice. Prefer a vid minus blaring annoying music. 

Edited by SchnauzerKampfwagenIV, 08 August 2016 - 09:13 PM.

_War_Child_ #22 Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:34 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35866 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostSchnauzerKampfwagenIV, on 08 August 2016 - 02:47 PM, said:

Op what equipment are you running? PS. You have an excellent narration voice. Prefer a vid minus blaring annoying music. 

I am Lokeen's grasshopper, so I almost always run Rammer, Vents, Optics.  Rammer & Vents help keep the reload time down along with provisions - coke/food/whatever it is with this tank.  You can see on the video what other items I use and how my shell count is broken down as well.

I try not to blare the music on my videos but I think it's nice to have a little background sound so you don't hear me breathing into the mic. :harp:

PS - Many TD's require or at least benefit from a camo net.  I don't play this tank from the rear of the attack, so I don't have much use for that.  Also, some people use binoculars really well, whereas I never stay stationary long enough to get much use out of them.

Edited by _War_Child_, 08 August 2016 - 11:52 PM.

19Mayhem68 #23 Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21917 battles
  • [1S0B]
Well done!

_War_Child_ #24 Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:45 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35866 battles
  • [III-C]

Thank you.  My music mixer still isn't working or I'd update the video.

If anyone has any negative comments, I'd like those as well.  I am relatively new to making videos and I'm trying to make them more professional.  I have no idea how Alexbuildit, Anon or Bushka put theirs together so well. 

Also, if you you haven't seen their videos, please look at them too.  Alex's is the 30 second teaser that was in the news, Anons was a little longer but also in the news, and Bushka's is on his YouTube channel.  All 3 are excellent.

If you don't want to buy an Ice Claw after watching all 4, you're not a nut like me :teethhappy:

Edited by _War_Child_, 09 August 2016 - 05:46 PM.

michaeltsoon #25 Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:50 PM

No.1 Gold-Slinging Unicum

• Players
  • 38479 battles
  • [HATED]
Get yourself a BT-2 equipped with 45mm... Or better yet an auto-cannon T-46 and destroy all with Soviet Stonk Tenks. URA!!:izmena:

Administrative Officer of [HATED] - Hated for a reason.

Founder of [PZ3] - Always Loyal, Always Fighting, Always Courageous. PZ3 will carry!

My stats

_War_Child_ #26 Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:54 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35866 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postmichaeltsoon, on 09 August 2016 - 12:50 PM, said:

Get yourself a BT-2 equipped with 45mm... Or better yet an auto-cannon T-46 and destroy all with Soviet Stonk Tenks. URA!!:izmena:

But then you're not working your Tank Destroyer skills.  Or getting ammo racks for that matter.  I love the smell of burning tanks in the morning...it smells like...

VICTORY!

WhiskeyCyclone #27 Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23661 battles
  • [LONR]
Got pretty wasted last night, woke up today and remembered I bought something on impulse last night. There it was in my garage. I also spent a lot of gold on digital forest camo, it being 50%off and all. I only have one other turretless TD, the su85i, and I rarely play it and only payed $1.99 for it on a pop up offer long ago and it's a tier V. So it looks like I'll be hopping into the saddle of a turretless TD again since I spent money on it. So far I like it, many one shot kills, but I read this thread yesterday and left swearing I wouldn't buy it. Whether I regret it or not will require more gameplay in it. 

Keep it old school. 

_War_Child_ #28 Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:26 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35866 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostWhiskeyCyclone, on 09 August 2016 - 04:12 PM, said:

Got pretty wasted last night, woke up today and remembered I bought something on impulse last night. There it was in my garage. I also spent a lot of gold on digital forest camo, it being 50%off and all. I only have one other turretless TD, the su85i, and I rarely play it and only payed $1.99 for it on a pop up offer long ago and it's a tier V. So it looks like I'll be hopping into the saddle of a turretless TD again since I spent money on it. So far I like it, many one shot kills, but I read this thread yesterday and left swearing I wouldn't buy it. Whether I regret it or not will require more gameplay in it. 

That's all good, but what about THIS thread made you swear you wouldn't buy it?  Just curious.

Look, I've never wanted to do a review before on a tank.  I much prefer to check Bushka's YouTube first, and if nothing, then I move onto others to see what they say about tanks.  I didn't find much out there and some people were negative about the tank and that all motivated me to show what the tank could really do.  Heck, if Bushka hadn't called it the "Ice Fang" (which didn't show up in my search) I probably wouldn't have done my own review. 

I prefer a review that shows you a lot of game play (clips) so that you can determine on your own if the tank is right for you.  Example: Bushka says the gun is "nothing to write home about" whereas the clips from the Accuracy section of my video are pretty amazing.   Even though it's a Russian TD, it was originally a German tank and the Russians (or developers) must not have touched the gun, because it's incredibly accurate (very few RNG's) - I'm not just writing home about it, I'm writing to you about it.  I think the gun is so OP in power, penetration and accuracy for Tier 3, I'm pretty sure its going to get a nerf at some point. 

In truth, I don't really want you all to go out and buy it for the simple reason that I don't want to run into a lot of these tanks while I'm out clubbing in Tier 3.  But I truly believed that the tank deserved better attention that it was getting, so I wanted to do something about it.  In the end, I accomplished what I wanted in my Review by putting together just some of my gameplay that shows how great this tank can be.  I could have done 20 minutes of just ammo rack and fire setting clips, but I don't record every game I play (I missed recording one of my Raisenai's - what a bummer!) so I couldn't do it. For me, the total destruction that this tank brings to the table makes it incredibly fun to play...which is why I love it and Blitz.

Happy Tanking!

PS - TIME IS RUNNING OUT IF YOU WANT ONE.  (Tier 3 Double Claw platoons = Total Annihilation)

WhiskeyCyclone #29 Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23661 battles
  • [LONR]

View Post_War_Child_, on 09 August 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

That's all good, but what about THIS thread made you swear you wouldn't buy it?  Just curious.

Look, I've never wanted to do a review before on a tank.  I much prefer to check Bushka's YouTube first, and if nothing, then I move onto others to see what they say about tanks.  I didn't find much out there and some people were negative about the tank and that all motivated me to show what the tank could really do.  Heck, if Bushka hadn't called it the "Ice Fang" (which didn't show up in my search) I probably wouldn't have done my own review. 

I prefer a review that shows you a lot of game play (clips) so that you can determine on your own if the tank is right for you.  Example: Bushka says the gun is "nothing to write home about" whereas the clips from the Accuracy section of my video are pretty amazing.   Even though it's a Russian TD, it was originally a German tank and the Russians (or developers) must not have touched the gun, because it's incredibly accurate (very few RNG's) - I'm not just writing home about it, I'm writing to you about it.  I think the gun is so OP in power, penetration and accuracy for Tier 3, I'm pretty sure its going to get a nerf at some point. 

In truth, I don't really want you all to go out and buy it for the simple reason that I don't want to run into a lot of these tanks while I'm out clubbing in Tier 3.  But I truly believed that the tank deserved better attention that it was getting, so I wanted to do something about it.  In the end, I accomplished what I wanted in my Review by putting together just some of my gameplay that shows how great this tank can be.  I could have done 20 minutes of just ammo rack and fire setting clips, but I don't record every game I play (I missed recording one of my Raisenai's - what a bummer!) so I couldn't do it. For me, the total destruction that this tank brings to the table makes it incredibly fun to play...which is why I love it and Blitz.

Happy Tanking!

PS - TIME IS RUNNING OUT IF YOU WANT ONE.  (Tier 3 Double Claw platoons = Total Annihilation)

It was nothing you said that made me swear not to buy it, it was the replies about turretless TDs, which re-enforced my decision. I suck in TDs generally, but I played it some more today and it is a beast in tier III. Same armor as the SU-85i but two tiers lower, looks like my average tier is going to drop down a bit.

Keep it old school. 

_War_Child_ #30 Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:58 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35866 battles
  • [III-C]

I'm glad it was nothing that I said.  I hope you continue to enjoy it.  I wouldn't have spent all this time and energy into selling it to people (when I'm getting nothing for it in return) if I didn't truly believe how great it is.

Good luck in game and let's Ice Claw platoon sometime!

_War_Child_

VonMiller58 #31 Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:47 PM

Chicken Farmer

• Players
  • 33511 battles
  • [JFGF]

Hilarious 

You do have a mellow voice and the review was nice....I envision a madman when you were trying to coral our fellow noobs on KB/M, barking out orders( I always type back off WC) LOL

If I had 100 games I would be 11th but your KD ratio is much better.   Top spot not gonna be in my claw's future.

You run it a bit different from me tho....I shoot and land a ton of HE shells(gotten high damage rolls of 260 before)...I survive more but you are doing more Damage per game by a good margin.(guess I am playing it traditional td style for no reason)

It does earn well, I have gotten 16-20k profit probably 30+ of my 64 games(I don't shoot the acpr tho)

Its fun...dont forget to ram if you are running down hill in-between blasts....Ram killed 3 in a game a few time

Edited by VonMiller58, 10 August 2016 - 10:52 PM.

o...:...:I:...:...o

VonMiller58 #32 Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:51 PM

Chicken Farmer

• Players
  • 33511 battles
  • [JFGF]

never mind just got to your ramming segment...good stuff

platoons of ice claw looks nasty

_War_Child_ #33 Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:32 AM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35866 battles
  • [III-C]

Yeah, it's a long review.  I didn't plan on it being that long, but every time I thought about cutting something out, I couldn't decide.  If I could have just shot that Locust while he was sideways, the last ram would have been epic.  But I can't hit anything with that view (I have to sniper it) and I was a little shocked he didn't die from the ram itself.

On the "survive" issue, I have never really cared whether I live or die in a match.  I really do prefer to attack the enemy head on and be the lead for my team.  If I can take out 3-6 Reds but I end up dying on the last one, I'm happy as a clam.  I really just want to win.  I will say that the majority of my games now are against Tier 4's and they slice through the Ice Claw like butter.  An Alecto is easy to pen, but it can one shot an Ice Claw pretty easily.

If anyone ever wants to platoon with me, just YELL (in all caps) "ICE CLAW PLATOON" and I'll drop what I'm doing and join you for a few.  It's hilariously fun  :teethhappy:

Edited by _War_Child_, 11 August 2016 - 01:37 AM.

VonMiller58 #34 Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:04 AM

Chicken Farmer

• Players
  • 33511 battles
  • [JFGF]

I don't survive well in 80% of tanks(trying to work on it)...i do decent damage tho

love to try out a platoon of claw

thanks for review, Ice claw will be kinda rare but still an interesting looking tank that is pretty dang fun

ScumbagJuJu #35 Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:07 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 26293 battles
  • [TENET]
Quest finished sir

2 Time Twister Cup NA Finalist

Las Vegas 17/Seattle 18 Mobile Masters Finalist

Spring Season Professional Champion

Too Many Tourney Championship Rings To Count

_War_Child_ #36 Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:43 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35866 battles
  • [III-C]
Alright xJuJu, now get to 287 battles and let me know how you did...:B

Warlord49 #37 Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 59358 battles

Ice Claw and Kenny or T46 make a fun platoon

shake and bake them! 

Ice Claw alone in a tier 4 game is precarious based on the garbage player base

ScumbagJuJu #38 Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:39 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 26293 battles
  • [TENET]

View Post_War_Child_, on 15 August 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

Alright xJuJu, now get to 287 battles and let me know how you did...:B

I do not enjoy tier 3 enough to play that many battles in it hahaha! It will get benched until it is anniversary time. Kind of like the T-127.

2 Time Twister Cup NA Finalist

Las Vegas 17/Seattle 18 Mobile Masters Finalist

Spring Season Professional Champion

Too Many Tourney Championship Rings To Count

sparse_array #39 Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:53 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20587 battles
  • [III-R]

View Post_War_Child_, on 08 August 2016 - 11:15 AM, said:

PS - I wasn't around when Ke Ni Otsus came out or I'd have one.

Same here. Tanks like the Ke Ni Otsu and Dragon have me buying every premium. I figure I can always get rid of the lemons. Wargaming lives for turkeys like me.

(best game I ever played)

Community Pledge signer

AOT_Jaeger2 #40 Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:56 PM

Dazed and Confused

• Players
  • 17830 battles
  • [ASLAN]
How is the credit making on it?

Garage: T7 CC, R35, Light VIC, Tetrarch, M4A2E4, PzKpfw. IV Anko SP, KV-2, Strv. 74A2, LTTB, SU-122-44, IS-3, IS-5, KV-5, Lowe.

Was #24 VK 30.01 (P) Player in NA, #32 in Luchs

Stats:http://www.blitzstar...com/AOT_Jaeger2

Youtuber? I guess?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users