Some stuff I want to tell to....especially to those who drives meds....

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

_Tenshi #1 Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18107 battles
  • [RBLN]

I realized the majority of medium players in this game is not outstanding on their duty. They misused mediums too much, and affect battles greatly. So, I want to say some stuff for those who doesn't know, especially those who are new to mediums. Here's some stuff:

1. Avoid duels, always try to avoid duels, and some other kind of fire-exchange, as you are a medium. Only do fire-exchanges if you have better advantages. Otherwise retreat, or hold in position until backup comes.

2. If your shots didn't penetrate, then stop firing, relocate, and fire from another angle. Your main strength is your ability to quickly fire your gun, and ability to move around quickly. This is especially useful when you are in the bottom of the list. It's no use wasting money for shots that didn't penetrate. Only use premium ammunition to targets that are hardly penetrable from any other than tier 10 mediums, E100 for example.

3. Stealth, always use your stealth. This is what mediums have that some TD and Heavies don't have. Also, this is one of the other main armor that protects your medium tank from taking fire. If you are spotted, get back to cover, wait for few seconds, and vice versa!

4. Never EVER lead a charge. Instead, move to a position where it's hidden, then wait for the first enemy to be spotted. After the first enemy has been spotted, wait for few seconds after that first enemy took their first damage, then proceed to your goal as a medium, which is mostly primary support and flanking. DO NOT proceed to the first enemy, instead find a lone enemy tanks to deal with, and neutralize it, then you can proceed to the enemies' main push. But, do it from a, or some position where its least expected.

5. Take down a target that is more of a threat to both to your team, and you. For example, you are driving a T54, and see a lone Tiger 2 and a, also lone T20. Which should you take down first? Tiger 2 of course! A Tiger 2 has more potential to do harm to both your team, and you, that is why you must take it down first before proceeding to take down the T20.

6. Avoid being pointed at by multiple tanks, no matter what tier. Instead, only allow one tank, at most, to point at you. This way you can still potentially survive with more HP left, even alive. Take down the only tank that can see you at that point, then proceed with the same process with other tank.

7. If you feel you can't contribute, then spot for your team. Its better to allow your team to see whats going to hit them, so they could plant their shots first at the enemy, rather than having your team getting fired at by unseen enemy.

8. If you feel that you are outgunned by some factors, enemies having better, and/or more mediums than you for example, then stick with a, or few tanks on your team, and work as a support.

9. Never rely on your armor, even if your tank has decent armor. Mediums are not meant to rely on their armor, it simply not reliable enough. Only rely on it if you know the tank you fought will deflect the shots the enemy tank fired at you.

10. Stay out of range. Most mediums are small, though some is almost as big as a small heavy. The smaller size means you can't get hit as easily as large, heavy tanks. By staying out of range, you use that physical benefit of yours at better effect. Also, by staying out of range, it doesn't mean you are sniping. You are doing what you call "sharpshooting". Sniping is basically the same idea, except that it requires you to be stealthy.

So, that's all for right now. Hope this is helpful.

Just keep in mind that this also works with some heavies and TD's!

- Stats? Don't be lazy and take a look see here! -

CrimsonMG #2 Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10726 battles
  • [FLOOP]

>assuming all mediums are the same.

JK, <3

EPICANDY0131 #3 Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4817 battles

Lol. Lol. Not me. Lol.

I have to tear myself away from the screen to not shoot idiots from not sticking with other mediums -.-...

EPICANDY0131[FLYNT]: IS-8; T-54; T32; Tiger II; KV-1S; M4A2E4; T82; M3 Light; T18; BT-2; +2 slots

Recruiter & Trainer of Flyinite

~PLEASE PM ME IF YOU WANT TO JOIN!!!~

(post stats please)

EPICANDY0131 #4 Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4817 battles
and also, T-54 and T-62A can very easily win duels. Eat mah HEAT.

EPICANDY0131[FLYNT]: IS-8; T-54; T32; Tiger II; KV-1S; M4A2E4; T82; M3 Light; T18; BT-2; +2 slots

Recruiter & Trainer of Flyinite

~PLEASE PM ME IF YOU WANT TO JOIN!!!~

(post stats please)

Augustus_Sohn #5 Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:11 AM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13380 battles
  • [III-H]
Also, see FullestNuke's youtube channel and all the other ones from this forum. Seriously basic Medium, tactics in those vids.

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

Monopower #6 Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9397 battles
  • [RBLN]

View Postchowpow531, on 16 October 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

4. Never EVER lead a charge. Instead, move to a position where it's hidden, then wait for the first enemy to be spotted. After the first enemy has been spotted, wait for few seconds after that first enemy took their first damage, then proceed to your goal as a medium, which is mostly primary support and flanking. DO NOT proceed to the first enemy, instead find a lone enemy tanks to deal with, and neutralize it, then you can proceed to the enemies' main push. But, do it from a, or some position where its least expected.

I've been playing my heavily armored TDs too much...

_Tenshi #7 Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18107 battles
  • [RBLN]

View PostEPICANDY0131, on 16 October 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

and also, T-54 and T-62A can very easily win duels. Eat mah HEAT.

SO? I did refer earlier, only duel if you are confident about it! If you know you can win duel while driving both of those demons, and confident about it, THEN WHY DON'T YOU DO IT? Do it if you want, its your decision that judges you, to either done something good to your team, or get out losing yourself and all the helps for your team. 

_Tenshi #8 Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18107 battles
  • [RBLN]

View PostEPICANDY0131, on 16 October 2014 - 10:09 PM, said:

Lol. Lol. Not me. Lol.

I have to tear myself away from the screen to not shoot idiots from not sticking with other mediums -.-...

SO, there is always ways you can do your things without those idiots having to stick up with other idiots. If they separate, then let them, as long they contribute. Just be alone if you have to, but stay close in case of help needed. 

DrWylde #9 Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26392 battles
  • [RBLN]
+1

IS-7, IS-4, IS-8, ST-I, IS-3, IS-6, KV-4

Obj. 268, Obj. 704, ISU-152

E 100, E 75, Tiger II

T-62A, T-54, T-44

T30, M103

_Tenshi #10 Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18107 battles
  • [RBLN]

View PostMonopower, on 16 October 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

I've been playing my heavily armored TDs too much...

Well, at least at times you can still lead a charge with those....

thunderthies #11 Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:14 AM

Not a Hoax

• Club Wargaming
  • 14051 battles
Nice guide. Thanks for sharing. 

Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels

pickler9ee #12 Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:13 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11306 battles
  • [RBLN]
I usually go scouting or flanking with my persh

Aivris #13 Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8126 battles
  • [PBKAC]

Thanks for the very useful guide for mediums. +1 :medal:

I found your points very relatable to my play-style with mediums. I've found that it is vital for a medium to stay mobile for as much as possible. I've reached a point where I can determine whether I can out-maneuver tier eight heavies with my T-44. Having a sense of direction and of the situation around you is very important for medium tank drivers.

Str8UpJack #14 Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15138 battles
  • [III-P]

View PostArkioLite324, on 17 October 2014 - 03:43 AM, said:

I found your points very relatable to my play-style with mediums. I've found that it is vital for a medium to stay mobile for as much as possible. I've reached a point where I can determine whether I can out-maneuver tier eight heavies with my T-44. Having a sense of direction and of the situation around you is very important for medium tank drivers.

+1 on having situational awareness in a medium.  Driving mediums is what has me wishing for a larger mini map since you need to use it more often in a medium tank as you try to determine your next move or determine what the enemy movement might be relating to your place on the map.  I find the situational awareness of what is happening outside my direct field of vision to be the hardest obstacle to becoming better at the medium line of tanks. 

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

someguyfromPitt #15 Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:58 PM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 49168 battles
  • [III]

I think "the art of dueling" is great in a medium. I look for medium tanks usually because they capture bunkers first when I race there in the E5. Holding a spot is a technique, and tracking opponents to keep them in a position so your team can catch up to support your forward position. Good medium drivers use that low profile to take smaller bunkers/buildings/positions so larger tanks and TD can take the larger and more obvious target spots. 

Getting good at close radius turns to make the most of pinning tank destroyers is an art into itself. Two mediums circling a tank is what I call a frenzy. It's like sharks tearing apart a seal. 

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

generaldebris #16 Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3907 battles
  • [REDS]
Thanks, this is very helpful. I'm just starting up the Russian mediums so this is timely for me.

_Tenshi #17 Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18107 battles
  • [RBLN]

View PostStr8UpJack, on 17 October 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

+1 on having situational awareness in a medium.  Driving mediums is what has me wishing for a larger mini map since you need to use it more often in a medium tank as you try to determine your next move or determine what the enemy movement might be relating to your place on the map.  I find the situational awareness of what is happening outside my direct field of vision to be the hardest obstacle to becoming better at the medium line of tanks. 

View PostArkioLite324, on 17 October 2014 - 03:43 AM, said:

Ah yes...situational awareness! Considering you have to be the unexpected as a medium, it is indeed hard to master, as you have to be aware of whats going to happen. o7

McCoy_Hatfield #18 Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

Private

• Players
  • 10456 battles
I do agree with the majority of what you wrote chowpow.  However, I don't agree with person who has a hard time with mediums running with other mediums every time.  I can't tell you how many times that I have been ditched or followed someone into 'Stupidland'.  I like games where I am at the lowest tier there I have the following choices; support a heavy or gigantic tank destroyer, stick with a like minded medium whom is contributing in a smart way, or scout.  If you are with a smart team and scouting, they will be able to use that information and information on the battlefield is priceless.  I only "hesitate" if I am the highest tier, because frankly I don't know what they are going to do, then make a decision how I contribute.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users