Stop the Super Teams!

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Adrienne1644 #1 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2849 battles

I don't watch much NBA but it's been talked about a lot how there are super teams and that it's "bad for the game" because of the lack of competitive balance, all the top players are on one or two teams. In Blitz it seems to be the same, the good players all want to be in PRAMO or TITAN or DD or a clan with multiple branches. But there are a lot of clans who are good but who are small or less known, or those clans who have good players but need another unicum or two to help them take the next step.

So why don't people try to join these clans more instead of joining the huge clans? I think it's much more fun to be an underdog and compete or to have a close connection with your mates rather than being one of 100, at which point you become a number, or part of a super team. Doesn't everyone want to see good competition in the world of Blitz, and not just globs of talent hoarded by large or well known clans?

Edited by Adrienne1644, 12 August 2016 - 04:30 AM.

LAPPELduvide #2 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:32 AM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24316 battles
  • [ANEKI]
I don't much care for the spirit of competition. I just want to win. 

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

Best ANIME CLAN in the NA and a nice community for weebs. 

Adrienne1644 #3 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2849 battles

View PostSenpaiPleaseBeGentle, on 11 August 2016 - 11:32 PM, said:

You're a top player, so what do you get out of winning? It's easy for you, and it's easy for PRAMO to win when they face other clans. Winning is great, but in the end when you've won everything, I can't see how it has any draw. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd think you'd get a lot more enjoyment if you gave yourself a challenge ;)

pokpa #4 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:36 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15697 battles

I think activity could be one factor. Most small clans tend to be a lot less active, so it's hard to find platoon buddies sometimes and do other stuff. I used to be in a smaller clan with a few good players, but with a couple of exceptions, people were almost never on. I'm still new to NVA, but I've already seen much more activity than I had seen in my previous clan. 

Now I'm not a unicorn, and since those are the players your post focuses on, the above is mere speculation.

If I call left, they go right. If I call right, they go left. If I don't call anything, they die at the spawn. 

Adrienne1644 #5 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2849 battles

View Post__erdico__, on 11 August 2016 - 11:36 PM, said:

I think activity could be one factor. Most small clans tend to be a lot less active, so it's hard to find platoon buddies sometimes and do other stuff. I used to be in a smaller clan with a few good players, but with a couple of exceptions, people were almost never on. I'm still new to NVA, but I've already seen much more activity than I had seen in my previous clan. 

Now I'm not a unicorn, and since those are the players your post focuses on, the above is mere speculation.

You do make a good point I hadn't thought of. But hmm...maybe some of those smaller clans could use a kick in the pants that an active player or two would provide? And I don't advocate joining just a random clan in game, but there are plenty of clans who have posts on the forums who could use good players to help them compete in clan wars, for example.

pokpa #6 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:41 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15697 battles

View PostSenpaiPleaseBeGentle, on 12 August 2016 - 04:32 AM, said:

Would you rather play against 40 percenters or 60+?

If I call left, they go right. If I call right, they go left. If I don't call anything, they die at the spawn. 

Adrienne1644 #7 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2849 battles

View Post__erdico__, on 11 August 2016 - 11:41 PM, said:

Oh 60%ers, definitely. It's much more fun and exhilarating, especially when you can pull off an unlikely win. And even if you lose you have the feeling that you did well.

Edited by Adrienne1644, 12 August 2016 - 04:43 AM.

LAPPELduvide #8 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:45 AM

• Players
  • 24316 battles
  • [ANEKI]

View Post__erdico__, on 11 August 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

As I said, I don't much care for competition, I just like winning, so I'd rather face a team of 40%ers.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Corn_Pop #9 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:48 AM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]

View PostAdrienne1644, on 11 August 2016 - 10:35 PM, said:

You're a top player, so what do you get out of winning? It's easy for you, and it's easy for PRAMO to win when they face other clans. Winning is great, but in the end when you've won everything, I can't see how it has any draw. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd think you'd get a lot more enjoyment if you gave yourself a challenge ;)

You are totally correct. Losing is way more fun. 

Phelps won like 20 something Gold Medals. Shame on him.

Phelps should tie a cinder block to his foot so its not so easy. 

Or move to Greenland and join their Swim Team.

Who wants to be the best, in the best clan, among the best players?

Clearly, a total loser move. 

Shameful.

Edited by R0CKET, 12 August 2016 - 04:49 AM.

legolord2275 #10 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:50 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9833 battles
  • [L0VED]
This is all quite interesting....NVA is sort of like one of the underdog clans I suppose, I mean we are good, very good, but definitely not a name brand clan that everyone recognizes and salutes on a normal basis. As a Unicum I can say that the reason smaller clans don't get really good players is because the really good players are already in a good clan with people that they have grown to know and respect and simply don't want to leave. Also, they probably don't want to become the target in battle from their old clan! I know I always go after guys who have left any of the NVA branches!

"y u heff 2 B med? IS just gaeme!"

DysfunctionalDiversion #11 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:52 AM

I throw games so you don't have to carry.

• Players
  • 14296 battles
  • [MAHOU]

To be fair, forum clans are a lot more attractive than your average everyday clan. Most popular and talented clans exist on the forums.

While there are definitely good clans out there who would love to have a few more members, people just don't find them.

A good comparison would be a huge city vs a rural area. People flock to the city to find jobs.

In a completely unrelated opinion though, I'd like to join PURPL not only because it is a competitive clan, but also that there are many fun people there.

"I try too hard... to not try at all."

PURPL + Weeb

Adrienne1644 #12 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2849 battles

View PostR0CKET, on 11 August 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

Shameful.

Oh no! I HATE losing! I don't suggest that at all :teethhappy:

I am, by the way, a two time national champion so...I know what winning is like. But it's so much more fun and rewarding to compete against talented people or athletes in real life, and the same goes for Blitz. I get no sense of pride from circling to death a 40% er in a TD when he can barely turn his turret. But I do get a sense of pride when I can beat someone at a skill level equal to or better than mine.

_Konkurs #13 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14965 battles
  • [-ARA-]
I like a challange, but I like to win more, Id probably take the challenge after I've won everything and have nothing better to do tho

Now if you got triggered by me (for whatever reason) and you're angry, here is what I'll be like while you cry!

LAPPELduvide #14 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:54 AM

• Players
  • 24316 battles
  • [ANEKI]

View PostDysfunctionalDiversion, on 11 August 2016 - 09:52 PM, said:

To be fair, forum clans are a lot more attractive than your average everyday clan. Most popular and talented clans exist on the forums.

While there are definitely good clans out there who would love to have a few more members, people just don't find them.

A good comparison would be a huge city vs a rural area. People flock to the city to find jobs.

In a completely unrelated opinion though, I'd like to join PURPL not only because it is a competitive clan, but also that there are many fun people there.

Don't join PURPL, they are a terrible clan. Join CHDR and really give yourself a challenge!

pokpa #15 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:55 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15697 battles

View PostR0CKET, on 12 August 2016 - 04:48 AM, said:

Shameful.

I don't think that was their point though. They were trying to point out that accumulating good players in a few teams reduces competition.  I mean, some people like Senpai just want to win. Other folks like to focus more on being competitive. And certainly, accumulating good players in a few clans does not provide for great competition.

_Konkurs #16 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14965 battles
  • [-ARA-]

View PostAdrienne1644, on 11 August 2016 - 08:53 PM, said:

Oh no! I HATE losing! I don't suggest that at all :teethhappy:

I am, by the way, a two time national champion so...I know what winning is like. But it's so much more fun and rewarding to compete against talented people or athletes in real life, and the same goes for Blitz. I get no sense of pride from circling to death a 40% er in a TD when he can barely turn his turret. But I do get a sense of pride when I can beat someone at a skill level equal to or better than mine.

No one takes pride in cod-ing a 40wr guy, but u could have a good laugh about it if he gets salty, and the "wuss noob"s," coward"s and last but not least "hacking noob" s start rolling in

Now if you got triggered by me (for whatever reason) and you're angry, here is what I'll be like while you cry!

DysfunctionalDiversion #17 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:56 AM

I throw games so you don't have to carry.

• Players
  • 14296 battles
  • [MAHOU]

View PostSenpaiPleaseBeGentle, on 12 August 2016 - 04:54 AM, said:

Don't join PURPL, they are a terrible clan. Join CHDR and really give yourself a challenge!

Senpai pls

"I try too hard... to not try at all."

PURPL + Weeb

Adrienne1644 #18 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2849 battles

View PostDysfunctionalDiversion, on 11 August 2016 - 11:52 PM, said:

Well, there are lots of clans with fun people in them! For example, my clan is very fun but we have only 35 members so everybody knows each other and it is great. You should try around a little bit before going to the dark side :teethhappy:

And oh BTW this is not a clan recruitment post, lol

Edited by Adrienne1644, 12 August 2016 - 04:59 AM.

_Konkurs #19 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14965 battles
  • [-ARA-]

View Postlegolord2275, on 11 August 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

This is all quite interesting....NVA is sort of like one of the underdog clans I suppose, I mean we are good, very good, but definitely not a name brand clan that everyone recognizes and salutes on a normal basis. As a Unicum I can say that the reason smaller clans don't get really good players is because the really good players are already in a good clan with people that they have grown to know and respect and simply don't want to leave. Also, they probably don't want to become the target in battle from their old clan! I know I always go after guys who have left any of the NVA branches!

I kind of like how ppl don't know NVA, some ppl would rather focus and kill that guy from, idk, DD-R maybe and ignore us, then we farm dmg and smack them in the face for not concentrating on us

Ksftwe #20 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25710 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostAdrienne1644, on 11 August 2016 - 11:35 PM, said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd think you'd get a lot more enjoyment if you gave yourself a challenge ;)

That's what clan wars are for.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users