• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

BlackDogD #61 Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:12 AM

O'Doyle Rules!

• Players
  • 21883 battles
  • [O_C_S]

View PostHowitzer_155, on 13 August 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

don't flatter yourself I have no idea who u r....I wasn't trolling u, I was just stating a fact...

2nd time you've replied to me and taken a dig at my clan, so you could see why im confused. Im sure there'll be a third.

Edited by BlackDogD, 14 August 2016 - 08:23 AM.

Life sucks, get a helmet.

rhinotx #62 Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:21 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17284 battles
  • [MFW]

View PostRellyx, on 13 August 2016 - 09:25 AM, said:

What happened to PURPL vs MFW? 

We didn't get organized properly. I've beaten PURPL team members plenty of times in game.

reluctanttheist #63 Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:02 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25904 battles
  • [III-H]

I think the super teams can mentor the user base such that their skills trickle down to other players.  This can give newer players a chance to hone their skills and enjoy the game more.  Unicum teams are inevitable, but I appreciate their videos, insight and tips that they pass around.  And a lot of it isn't just good reflexes - it's knowledge like you get from Bushka's and Anon's videos and others.  Anyone can learn that stuff.

We would be best served if this forum and the NA server in general developed an esprit de corps: learn together, battle together, learn, get better, and have great times doing it.  Heck, I remember Ksftwe on red, global chatting to me in-game at the old Malinovka hill that I needed to wiggle my E5 turret more while he was beating down my team, lol.  That's what I'm talking about!

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

Never_Forget_ #64 Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:04 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15068 battles
  • [DIRE]

I have also noticed that the top clans/super teams tend to stay together and platoon together. And that's fine. They want their best chance at a win. When a player finally reaches Unicum (or a reroll that has reached the numbers on their new account) they will flock to the other Unicum clans.  

And back to to the basketball analogy.... Kevin Durant is one of the top ten Basketball players in the world. But he got tired of losing on his own, so he joined the "Super Team Oakland Warriors" that had just beat him in the playoffs.  Similarly some players can not win on their own, even though they are amazing tankers. So they may want to take the easy path and join the Super Clan.

On the other hand Lebron James left his super team the Miami Heat which he had went to FOUR STRAIGHT championships while winning two. He wanted to do it on his own for his home state and make the players (tankers) on his team (clan) better and bring players to him (recruit not join).  A leader in Lebron not a follower like in Durant. 

I have come to realization that my clan will not have any Unicums knocking on my door for an invite. And I also understand that they will not except my clan invites. But I still try to recruit the best players I can. 

Now it is up to us to try and improve within the clan (players) we have. And who knows maybe some of us will become unicums as a result. It is nice seeing us improve together as well as the drama free encouraging environment. 

mike82198 #65 Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39289 battles
  • [CRATE]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 18 August 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:

We would be best served if this forum and the NA server in general developed an esprit de corps: learn together, battle together, learn, get better, and have great times doing it.  Heck, I remember Ksftwe on red, global chatting to me in-game at the old Malinovka hill that I needed to wiggle my E5 turret more while he was beating down my team, lol.  That's what I'm talking about!

The special thing isn't Ksftwe being willing to talk but him knowing that there's a receptive audience for advice (you). Ultimately there's plenty of willingness to help - I even opened a specific #game-help channel on the Krieg discord because many outsiders come to ask questions - but very few who realize that that they could use help. 

Block Quote

I have also noticed that the top clans/super teams tend to stay together and platoon together. And that's fine. They want their best chance at a win.

99% of the people who say "hey, that was a great game man, wanna platoon sometime?" to me are high winrate players. It is not the case that top players are anti-social - it's the opposite, we are very social. People aren't born "super unicum", to pick up the skills you have to look around you very liberally. On the other hand, as I said above, there's the 48%ers who are certain that they are good and don't need any advice. They almost never compliment me on anything I do in game; more often than not they call me a noob because I die 5 minutes later than they do. 

I'm willing to platoon with absolutely anyone. I don't care about my stats, I happily play solo on 200+ ping these days. The only people who approach me have blue or purple stats. Am I supposed to go digging through the 0s on my tier 10 teams for company?

Edited by mike82198, 20 August 2016 - 02:32 PM.

searuncut #66 Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:31 PM

Private

• Players
  • 26948 battles
  • [MOM]
I got plenty of salutes when I was in NVA.  I also noticed I got targeted a lot more.  Good clan, just wasn't for me

Beeftaco1114 #67 Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:04 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21573 battles
  • [MBTS]
My clan is pretty active rated 17 on the thing but we still havent cleaned up the inactive users anyways were mostly 50% but weve all grown a great relationship and love tornuments and just platooning which i think is great thing and winning can wait (even tho winning is great) :):)

BEEFBLITZ

MY STATS: http://wotbstars.com...&geo=NA&lng=eng

Premium Tanks I Own : IS-6 ,IS-2,su-122-44,Cromwell B,Glacial112,PzB2,Pzs35,BT-SV,

Tetrarch,SU-100Y

00RUSE00 #68 Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:45 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10081 battles

View PostAdrienne1644, on 12 August 2016 - 04:29 AM, said:

I don't watch much NBA but it's been talked about a lot how there are super teams and that it's "bad for the game" because of the lack of competitive balance, all the top players are on one or two teams. In Blitz it seems to be the same, the good players all want to be in PRAMO or TITAN or DD or a clan with multiple branches. But there are a lot of clans who are good but who are small or less known, or those clans who have good players but need another unicum or two to help them take the next step.

So why don't people try to join these clans more instead of joining the huge clans? I think it's much more fun to be an underdog and compete or to have a close connection with your mates rather than being one of 100, at which point you become a number, or part of a super team. Doesn't everyone want to see good competition in the world of Blitz, and not just globs of talent hoarded by large or well known clans?

being a guy with only 1.5k battles i wasnt able to get in one of the big clans but there are those that are trying to get competitive with them.
We shall never surrender 

DONT_WANNA_FLANK_WITH_ME #69 Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:22 PM

Private

• Players
  • 12971 battles
I think that the big clans aren't as good as they are hyped up to be as there just good at platooning and communicating. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users