Define "Unicum"

rng unicum define the

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

DanAnsomeHansome #41 Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37368 battles

There are some really great and skilled unicums out there.  They play with a great balance of everything. They play their tanks how they are supposed to be played.  

Then there is the unicum that only platoons with other unicums,  the players that sit in the rear and wait for the team to do all of their spotting and their team to take all the damage then at the end when they have to fight up close and personal they are fighting damaged enemy tanks while they have full health.  

Seriously you may say that is good strategy but if we all did that we would all be sitting at spawn until we were spotted.  

Another thing that isn't fair is because they are better and earn more credits they can afford to spam gold,  their tanks are all maxed out exp wise making their tanks stronger than theirs and did I mention the seal clubbing super unicum platoon I saw on tier 4 the other day? 

So basically I am saying unicums are obviously more skilled than most in the game,  so then starts the help the unicum spiral.  They can afford to spam gold,  they can load up on all provisions to help them even more., they platoon only with other unicums,  their tanks usually have very high if not maxed out training on many of their tanks. Not complaining.  It is the only fair way to do it but I am just pointing out how not only are they better skill wise,  their equipment, even when you are in the same exact tank as them, is also better than your's. 

There is nothing like beating a unicum platoon.  Usually one of them will rage and those salty unicum tears taste the best. 

BootlegTampico #42 Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:30 PM

"LGoW" --Random Pub

• Players
  • 22554 battles
Depends.... There's a unicum by WN8 and STAR(which isn't relevant IMO. There's a unicum by the Latin definition, unique, which could describe quite a smattering of people here. And there's my definition. The top 1% of a given skill. Difficult to track, and it can vary depending on what I'm playing.

Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

Stroker_ #43 Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 32452 battles

View PostDanAnsomeHansome, on 14 August 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

There are some really great and skilled unicums out there.  They play with a great balance of everything. They play their tanks how they are supposed to be played.  

Then there is the unicum that only platoons with other unicums,  the players that sit in the rear and wait for the team to do all of their spotting and their team to take all the damage then at the end when they have to fight up close and personal they are fighting damaged enemy tanks while they have full health.  

Seriously you may say that is good strategy but if we all did that we would all be sitting at spawn until we were spotted.  

Another thing that isn't fair is because they are better and earn more credits they can afford to spam gold,  their tanks are all maxed out exp wise making their tanks stronger than theirs and did I mention the seal clubbing super unicum platoon I saw on tier 4 the other day? 

So basically I am saying unicums are obviously more skilled than most in the game,  so then starts the help the unicum spiral.  They can afford to spam gold,  they can load up on all provisions to help them even more., they platoon only with other unicums,  their tanks usually have very high if not maxed out training on many of their tanks. Not complaining.  It is the only fair way to do it but I am just pointing out how not only are they better skill wise,  their equipment, even when you are in the same exact tank as them, is also better than your's. 

There is nothing like beating a unicum platoon.  Usually one of them will rage and those salty unicum tears taste the best. 

not entirely true. Check out a few unicum stats. They are getting spotting too. 

In the quest to get better I started trying to figure out what makes these guys that much better. At first I thought they just hang back and use team as meat shields. Some do but most don't. They are in the mix but when in trouble they relocate. These guys get damaged the entire battle.

they don't whine and moan and throw a hissy when team goes town in middleburg( not until after).They follow and make the best of it.

obviously there is more to it but this is some of the stuff I've seen.

Edited by Stroker_, 14 August 2016 - 02:36 PM.

_DragonKRIEG #44 Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:09 PM

LetsMakeTheForumsBurnSomeMore

• Players
  • 31198 battles
  • [RGN]

View PostStroker_, on 14 August 2016 - 09:35 AM, said:

not entirely true. Check out a few unicum stats. They are getting spotting too. 

In the quest to get better I started trying to figure out what makes these guys that much better. At first I thought they just hang back and use team as meat shields. Some do but most don't. They are in the mix but when in trouble they relocate. These guys get damaged the entire battle.

they don't whine and moan and throw a hissy when team goes town in middleburg( not until after).They follow and make the best of it.

obviously there is more to it but this is some of the stuff I've seen.

If it's one battle where the team goes town on Middleburg I'll make the best of it but if I get the same guy on my team that calls out the wrong way 5 battles in a row, that's when I really start losing it.

The reason why unicums are better than average players is simply better at the game in every way. Knowing where to be and what to do at any moment. Playing the game long enough to have enhanced aiming and snap shot skills. Knowing the map and the best places to maximize battle effectiveness. 

And most of all, not being the first guy to drive out, get spotted, and shot down by invisible snipers like the 40% yoloer you'll get every match that wild voluntarily spot enemies for you. Why not farm some damage while he's at it?

Also tagged with rng, unicum, define, the

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users