MRKVM Merkavim clan clan wars kadima goodbye

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

TheOneManBand #1 Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:44 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6270 battles
  • [MRKVT]

"Fans, for the past two weeks you have been reading about the bad break I got. Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this earth. I have been in ballparks for 17 years and have never received anything but kindness and encouragement from you fans.
Look at these grand men. Which of you wouldn't consider it the highlight of his career just to associate with them for even one day? Sure, I'm lucky. Who wouldn't consider it an honor to have known Jacob Ruppert? Also, the builder of baseball's greatest empire, Ed Barrow? To have spent six years with that wonderful little fellow, Miller Huggins? Then to have spent the next nine years with that outstanding leader, that smart student of psychology, the best manager in baseball today, Joe McCarthy? Sure, I'm lucky.
When the New York Giants, a team you would give your right arm to beat, and vice versa, sends you a gift - that's something. When everybody down to the groundskeepers and those boys in white coats remember you with trophies - that's something. When you have a wonderful mother-in-law who takes sides with you in squabbles with her own daughter - that's something. When you have a father and a mother who work all their lives so you can have an education and build your body - it's a blessing. When you have a wife who has been a tower of strength and shown more courage than you dreamed existed - that's the finest I know.
So I close in saying that I may have had a tough break, but I have an awful lot to live for."

-Lou Gehrig

It might seems strange to have a baseball quote on a tank forum. But it's one of the most iconic and admirable farewells out there and with Mr. Gehrig's permission I will borrow it for my purposes. 

For, you must know that of this day, Sep. 12, 2016, the Merkavim Tank Brigade is no more, and my career as a Blitz player with it. It's been short time but in a year I have made more friends than I could have imagined, many of which will continue beyond this day. It's been an honor to be around some of the finest players in the game, whether in play or through my involvement with Clan Wars. It's been a great time throwing around ideas with Hardy, Mike, Chaos, XJS, Gogo, Shawk, Dixie, Concep, Zorbaz, Juju, o7o7, Renegade, Herodotus, Hoss, and Icky. I'm lucky to be a part of that group. We also had some of finest allies in the game, clans like Triarii (Thanks to ReluctantTheist and Acrisis), RM (Thanks to Big01dram and CiRcLeS), SPUD (Thanks to ahredstealth and SieurPersil), Kronos (Thanks to CelticVoivod), LGN (Thanks to _clyde and _bel), STORM (Thanks to Sir_Rams_A_Lot), 86ers (thanks to NuclearGold), RBLN (Thanks to killer7184), BLSE (Thanks to Mike_Havel, djlunchbox, and the others), ATLS (Thanks to cdogchavvy), and the many others who have been friends along the way. Sure, I'm a lucky man.

The Merkavim Tank Brigade may not have seemed like much to the world at large. But when have brothers and sisters through it, it's something. When you've fought through a breakup with a former clan we were very loyal to and forged our way ahead, that's something. When you surprise the community with a win on the Gamma map of Clan Wars 1, that's something. And when you've played shoulder to shoulder and gave our best to some of the best clans in the game, that's something. I hope that we gained the respect of all we dealt with for our sportsmanship and play.

So- yes, the Merkavim Tank Brigade is no more. Yes, we have multiple members quitting the game for good since they could not stomach not being a part of the Brigade, or have life concerns. Yes, we will have members joining other clans. And yes, the remnant of the brigade will form a new clan called "Prestige Worldwide" and led by HEATNoob. Please stop by and wish them luck.

I will close in saying that though this is the end for me personally and for the Merkavim Tank Brigade, like Mr. Gehrig, I have a lot to live for and you all in the Blitz Community have just made everything better.

Kadima!

o7 

Cruiser_Deutschland #2 Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32111 battles
  • [SCAMO]
o7

66% unreliable skrub.

DysfunctionalDiversion #3 Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:51 PM

I throw games so you don't have to carry.

• Players
  • 14031 battles
  • [MAHOU]
The clan is dismissed?

"I try too hard... to not try at all."

PURPL + Weeb

Gitgudm9 #4 Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9782 battles
  • [MAHOU]

We'll miss you :(

I hope I see you around in the future, don't leave 

"Anime girls were made to be lewded." - Klaus_Klavier

LtPork #5 Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:55 PM

Why can't I shoot green tanks?

• Players
  • 22774 battles
  • [DFNT]

Thank you for your contribution to this community. I may have not communicated with you or your clan very often, but I still wish you a farewell. :honoring:

If you don't mind me asking (and I mean nothing offensive or accusing), but why can't the remnants of the clan stay as MRKVM? Did you want the clan to restart from new roots?

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube....6k28UAEZ7UgGIBg

Proud owner of the IS-6 Fearless

xjs #6 Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:56 PM

Get off my lawn!

• Players
  • 14535 battles
  • [CYCLN]
It's been a pleasure, best of luck to all of Merkavim as they take their next steps. Cheers and o7!

Twitch Stream!    Thunderstorm Division   Recent Stats   

LoweExpectations #7 Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:03 AM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles
:( see ya later mate

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

TenderTilapia #8 Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:08 AM

Private

• Players
  • 24565 battles
  • [101NA]
o7 ;-;

big01dram #9 Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 44294 battles
  • [RM]
Been a pleasure playing with you all. 07

TheOneManBand #10 Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:14 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6270 battles
  • [MRKVT]

View PostLtPork, on 11 September 2016 - 06:55 PM, said:

Thank you for your contribution to this community. I may have not communicated with you or your clan very often, but I still wish you a farewell. :honoring:

If you don't mind me asking (and I mean nothing offensive or accusing), but why can't the remnants of the clan stay as MRKVM? Did you want the clan to restart from new roots?

You are welcome. Thanks to everyone for the outpouring of support, I'm too overwhelmed right now to stay on the forums and will be taking a break for a while.

But the reason is that nobody can stomach having Merkavim around without the people. :(

Augustus_Sohn #11 Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:17 AM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13358 battles
  • [III-H]

The Merkavim were always a source of groans for me when they were on the Red team, and a sigh of relief when they were green. Take care. In the greater scheme of things this fun game is just a blip on the map of life. So let life be life. Play when you can. I think a lot of us adults have begun seeing where the game really belongs after a long period of obsession. 

Games are game and life is life. One of them is much more important. 

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

Roll_Casket #12 Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:52 AM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 29543 battles
  • [MSELF]
It will be a shame to see you guys go often times I saw them as a challenge which I enjoyed good luck and I wish you a successful path in life. 07

LtPork #13 Posted 12 September 2016 - 01:13 AM

Why can't I shoot green tanks?

• Players
  • 22774 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostTheOneManBand, on 11 September 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

You are welcome. Thanks to everyone for the outpouring of support, I'm too overwhelmed right now to stay on the forums and will be taking a break for a while.

But the reason is that nobody can stomach having Merkavim around without the people. :(

Very understandable. May the remnants of Merkavim forge a new community stronger than the one that ended today. 

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube....6k28UAEZ7UgGIBg

Proud owner of the IS-6 Fearless

Adzaxjz #14 Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:35 AM

A SkrubLord SealClubber

• Players
  • 36166 battles
  • [CRUEL]
o7 and farewell to MRKVM! A clan I didn't particularly like to face and one that I counted on being able to do well when on my team. Farewell,o7,GL&HF

Slowly rrecuperating my stats. 58% by 30k battles?

That YOLOWAGON skrub on your team!

OrionDerKrieger #15 Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:19 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12301 battles
  • [GLXY]
Why not just appoint a new leader and let your legacy live on? I don't see why you should disband the clan. Unless there were a lot of dramatic fights for power behind the scenes, I don't think you should make everyone leave the clan. You will be missed either way. 07 and good luck in life 

TheOneManBand #16 Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:58 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6270 battles
  • [MRKVT]

View PostOrionDerKrieger, on 11 September 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

Why not just appoint a new leader and let your legacy live on? I don't see why you should disband the clan. Unless there were a lot of dramatic fights for power behind the scenes, I don't think you should make everyone leave the clan. You will be missed either way. 07 and good luck in life 

The thing is, we have (still speaking in present tense, geez) 6 players quitting Blitz altogether, including myself. Three of these are some of our best players and starters in clan wars. We also had a couple of supporting people leave the clan which made things tight in clan wars, and caused too much pressure.

What you may not realize is that Merkavim was a very unique clan. We had 7 original members who operated as one ruling body. When 3 of us decided to quit, the others were unable to handle the needs of the clan due to their own personal and life commitments. The writing was on the wall, and it's best to quit while you're ahead. Nobody was willing to carry on the name or have it carried on without the soul of the clan being there.

You may not understand fully, but on behalf of the former Merkavim, we genuinely appreciate everyone's messages even if I don't respond to them all. Many of our members had no clue we have connected with so many until now. Blitz is a special community.

Edited by TheOneManBand, 12 September 2016 - 11:07 AM.

CelticVoivod #17 Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:14 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 40084 battles
  • [KRONO]

My next ammo rack is dedicated to you.

o7 Bro.

KELL - TICK - VOY - VOD.

WE ARE KRONOS.

Pitorkas #18 Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:33 PM

3 de Asada Con Todo

• Players
  • 57184 battles
Shalom. 

_clyde #19 Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31579 battles
  • [SRT-]

Sad to see you go.  But happy to see you focusing on what matters! 

Sgt_Rob #20 Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3437 battles
o7

Also tagged with MRKVM, Merkavim, clan, clan wars, kadima, goodbye

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users