Mines Map Rework 3.1

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

CC_Sly #1 Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:58 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 2720 battles
  • [WGA]

PLEASE NOTE: This topic will unlock for feedback ~24 hours after the update has gone live. We would like people to explore and experience the new map before opening up this feedback section! Thank you!

Greetings Tankers!

In Update 3.1, a reworked version of the Mines map will be available in training rooms! We invite you to take a look, test the changes, and provide your feedback in this thread.

Minimap of the Reworked Mines

Feedback Questionnaire 

1. How do you like the changes made to the Mines map? What did you like? What didn't you like?
  2. What do you think about the spawn point balance? Which spawn point would you like to start at: the upper or the lower one? Please explain why and give examples.
  3. What are the best and the worst fronts on the map (considering the vehicle type you played on the map)? 
  4. Was it comfortable to play with the vehicle type that you used on the map (heavy, medium, and light tanks, and tank destroyers)? Please explain why.
  5. What helped/didn't help the comfort of the game? (Too much/too little cover; map is complicated/easy; map is open/cluttered; ability to capture the base; isolation of fronts, etc.) 
  6. Were there any obstacles when orienting yourself on the map (without regard to the minimap)? Was it possible to evaluate the overall situation on the battlefield from different locations?
  7. What tactics did you use on the modified map?
  8. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve the map (balance and other aspects)?
  9. Did you like the design of the reworked map? What about the light and colors? What can you say about the visual changes to Mines?

The Development Team appreciates your participation in this survey. Let's make World of Tanks Blitz better together!

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

CC_Sly #2 Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:48 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 2720 battles
  • [WGA]
Topic unlocked!

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

tjohn6041 #3 Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10190 battles
So far, I like it.  It seems like a good rework.  It definitely is different, but it still has that good feel of familiarity.  I do wish you could fire up the hill easier from the island but I can get over that.  The docks are sweet. 

Garage:                          Object 268, Object 704, E75, T-54, IS-3, Su-100M1, VK 28.01, M18 Hellcat, Cruiser Mk. III, AT-1

Premium tanks:              Van Helsing, Kuro Mori Mine, Churchill III, Panzer IV Anko, Pz.Kpfw S35.  Pz S35,

Su-76I Ice Claw, M3 Light, LTP, T2 Light, T7 Car,

I'm a wallet warrior...deal with it

r4zrbl4de #4 Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13227 battles
  • [ATLS]
Visually it looks great, but the fact that so many things are now walled off is interesting. It seems now that the hill is the only option to take if you have gun depression. From the hill, you can basically defend forever. You have easy lines of sight to the cap unless they hide behind buildings and people from the lighthouse can't snipe into the hill. By the way, now that the lighthouse is walled off, is the only point of it now a flanking lane? It's an interesting rework, I have yet to have an actual battle on it though.

"First we will be best, and then we will be first." - Grant Tinke

Want to join Atlas? Click here for more info!

Custom camouflages and skins

woof_defender #5 Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21906 battles
  • [FAC]
It's amazing. I like it very much, the graphics and the different routes you can use in battle. My only complaint is, why didn't you do this sooner!

Signature made by Panbun On my way to 60% w/r

Favourite tank:T-54 mod1,Jagdtiger,T-25, and IS-4

Lt_gota #6 Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8281 battles
  • [FS]
this pc version mines is fine. it would definitely promote more tactics then the older map, which was charge or die. but i would like to still be able to play the older mines, most for Runners vs Chaser (very good map to run around in).

Mastery badge (in order of achieving it for the first time): 1.MS-1(July 2016)  2.SP I C(9/1/16)  3.T-34(9/1/16)

4.STA-1(11/21/16) 5.SU-100(12/5/16) 6.Tiger ll(12/14/16) 7.lS-3(12/17/16) 8.SU-152(12/23/16) 9.Ru 251(12/25/16)

10.LTTB(2/2/17) 11.B1(2/24/17) 12.Rhm.-Borsig(3/4/17) 13.Waffentrager(3/25/17)

crazychimp69 #7 Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:25 PM

Lover of Bananas

• Players
  • 23540 battles
  • [IRD]
This mines should've been in the game since the start. It worked on PC and it will work here.

Indiana__Jones #8 Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41375 battles

Mines is so stale, I'd be thrilled for any change.

I'd like to see more ramps to get up the hill instead of just the same old one.

acrisis #9 Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16761 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

Visually good.

Practically misses the mark.

The #1 requested thing for more than one access road ( so that it isn't the team with the fastest and smartest mediums has a 90% auto-win ) has been completely ignored.

Worse, the options for a few capable light medium drivers to sneak up, and surprise a red team, have been killed off by much steeper hillsides. 

Extra cover on hill makes it even more OP for the team that gets up first. 

TD snipe options and cover seemed reduced as well. 

Water is so shallow that it is funny there's boat docks. 

No shots from lighthouse on anything. 

The lower half of the map is wasted space. 

We don't need all that water bit in the south. 

Edited by acrisis, 23 September 2016 - 01:53 PM.

Looney Tooners Voice Platoons  Founded by AASHKC - by referral & invitation 
World Clan Leaders Moderator   ||  Basic Training Mentor ||
2.8 Blitz Economy - A visual of the credit coefficients  || Got lag?  Pingplotter thread

Harrypause #10 Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 55196 battles
  • [DOM]

One run in the VK 28.  Didn't try any side climbs.  So taking acrisis's word they aren't there.

Conclusion, meta is same.  Hill, hill hill.  From hill you control flag.

I like the spaciousness.  I just think it's gonna be more of the same.  King of the hill.

RockMonsterNo1 #11 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:00 AM

Private

• Players
  • 3231 battles
  • [OBV]

I think it's a good addition to the game and hopefully will promote more tactics other than rush the hill, that or players will still only go for the hill, admittedly the hill is

the mines i.e the namesake of the map so it makes sense. One thing that would be good is some more cover around the cap. I would for sure want to start on the

upper spawn. Also perhaps change the weather up a bit, maybe some rain and a bit of thunder and lightning? True that might make the whole map to dark.

Ian_Fadden #12 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13445 battles
  • [STAT]
I only have three things to say about this new map, beautiful, spacious, and above all, greatly made for each side of the spawns. Amazing work.

PhiliPTran #13 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:56 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10596 battles
  • [501ST]

Basically the PC version of Mines. 

Pros

-Looks amazing. 

-More options to attack than simply just saying "Hill." Town is now revelant

-More hulldown positions

-More places to sidescrape

-Hill is now easier to get to from both sides (North spawn had an advantage, old mines)

-Cap moved to city

-Hill is not so dominant but is still a vantage point

Cons

-Lighthouse campers from the North spawn have terrible shots at hill. Opposite for South spawn

-Path is a little too narrow for more than one tank going up into the hill. 

-Usual camping spots in both North and South are now even more useless. Players will still camp there though

-Too many camping locations at spawn

-Too many safe artillery spots in this map. There is no artillery in blitz. Why keep the arty hiding holes there?

Overall a great map. Hill will stay play a big role but not as much as before. More open for slow heavies as they can now just trundle to the cap sidescrape instead of battling fast meds/tanks for the hill. Mediums are now forced to get off the hill, once they have taken it, if they want to find all the tanks or Defend the Base. 

Just work on

-Making camping spots less desirable. Remove or lessen the bushes 

-Block off parts or rework arty safe zones because they invite hiding and there is no arty in blitz

-Make the lighthouse island have an equal advantage for both sides

What? You jealous?

Roc_unconquerable #14 Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17577 battles
  • [HIND]
Just replace it with old mine, go on :izmena:

Ausf_G #15 Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35207 battles
  • [11TH]

View PostAusf_G, on 14 September 2016 - 08:04 PM, said:

•The map from south spawn feels a bit tunnel vision due to the hight and placement of rock crops.

• Boundary lines are missing in water near south spawn makes for very confusing play of that area.

•7 minutes doesn't seem like enough time for this map as there are great hull down spots for heavies and with the high rock crops this  leaves for no open offensive shot's on hulled down heavies.  This map will end with many draws i think.

•Add a V2 rocket and this will be the map i was looking for some months ago.

• Needs some more vehicles. 

•Water color is off (minor).

Over all this map looks fairly challenging. Needs a few tweeks and additions mentioned above.

7vs7 with only 7minutes makes for an increase in Draw battles on this map. I wouldn't necessarily change time limit but make for better penetrable shot openings around the longer rock crops.

Didnt realize this one was now open.

Just give us Berlin from  PC.

Edited by Ausf_G, 15 September 2016 - 03:13 AM.

Commander of the 11TH Panzer Division. vom Führer Genehmigt

Ha! Derging voll durch ihre panzerung

Der steht in Flammen! 

Hope I dont catch a ban for this post.

slayer2261 #16 Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28256 battles
  • [TILF]
Not understanding the cap in the back corner. Seems more than 1/2 the map is useless now. No reason to go to the lighthouse anymore. Thought the original sneak peak at the Mines rework (on Blitz to meet you, I think) was more balanced. The hill had ramps front and back, made it equal for both spawns. The bridge from cap to lighthouse was an interesting twist. The current rework looks good, just disappointed in it. 

tweek_1 #17 Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:46 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7278 battles
  • [LMFA0]
From what I see, I don't like it. Hill is even more important now with the cap hidden in the back. Seems like 3/4 of the map is now irrelevant.

Spookseye #18 Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 47739 battles

1.visually appealing

2. Western half (lighthouse side) useless except for flanking.

3. Base too protected

4. expect primary battle area to be heavily weighted toward east side (new base area) 

lookedsquirrel7 #19 Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20028 battles

View PostCC_Sly, on 13 September 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

Feedback Questionnaire 

1. How do you like the changes made to the Mines map? What did you like? What didn't you like? They were pretty solid I enjoy that it looks like most of the other platforms "Mines" now. I did not enjoy the southern side though, it's too exposed to sniper fire from the lighthouse and still far from the Hill.
  2. What do you think about the spawn point balance? Which spawn point would you like to start at: the upper or the lower one? Please explain why and give examples. the South side needs work, it's too exposed to drive from the Lighthouse, and if they are being suppressed and the northern spawn took control of the hill there is almost no cover to go to then. The Northern spawn is still a bit close to the Hill.
  3. What are the best and the worst fronts on the map (considering the vehicle type you played on the map)?  Played TD and light, thought TDs are a bit disabled on this map and heavies too. Though you do have a city enviroment to the east side of the map it just doesn't help Heavies since they are still Vulnerable to Hill Fire.
  4. Was it comfortable to play with the vehicle type that you used on the map (heavy, medium, and light tanks, and tank destroyers)? Please explain why. Only Lights and Mediums, take the hill and you have usually only one way they can come to get you and you can get them from ever other direction.
  5. What helped/didn't help the comfort of the game? (Too much/too little cover; map is complicated/easy; map is open/cluttered; ability to capture the base; isolation of fronts, etc.) Not enough sufficient cover on the southern spawn, Lack of Cover for Heavies considering most have low top speed/maneuverability.
  6. Were there any obstacles when orienting yourself on the map (without regard to the minimap)? Was it possible to evaluate the overall situation on the battlefield from different locations? No it is only the Hill still.
  7. What tactics did you use on the modified map? Take the hill.
  8. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve the map (balance and other aspects)? Lower the Hill level making it easier to Return fire back at those who took the hill it's a pain to hit them if you are not on it, and if you are on it it is super easy to avoid damage.
  9. Did you like the design of the reworked map? What about the light and colors? What can you say about the visual changes to Mines? The Lighting Changes were nice I also think the water looks better than Previous Mines.

Over all I would give this map a C+ it's still oriented towards Lights and Mediums like most of the other maps but some changes like the Cap circle being moved to PC/Console Location is much better since there is more available cover for those in Cap but not too much. The Graphics look Amazing on the new template and it causes no FPS issues for my device so there are some improvements still, but not bad.

Edited by lookedsquirrel7, 15 September 2016 - 02:36 PM.

CC_Sly #20 Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:10 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 2720 battles
  • [WGA]

View Postlookedsquirrel7, on 15 September 2016 - 06:36 AM, said:

-SNIP-

Awesome! Thanks for using the questionnaire that the devs provided!  (hint hint to the rest of ya!)

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Also tagged with Mines, Map, Rework, 3.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users