Mines Map Rework 3.1

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Beeftaco1114 #41 Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:51 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10624 battles
  • [MBTS]
Oh it must be nice since we cant freakin play still , anyways from what i saw on the test map it looked better for heavies and seemed like there where more oppertunities for light tank spotting runs

BEEFBLITZ

MY STATS: http://wotbstars.com...&geo=NA&lng=eng

Premium Tanks I Own : IS-6 ,IS-2,su-122-44,Cromwell B,Glacial112,PzB2,Pzs35,BT-SV,

Tetrarch,SU-100Y

easleybadboy #42 Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9164 battles

I see lots of folks happy that the so called camping spots are gone. Im guessing those are the same folks that I absolutely hammer with my PZIV S starchaser. Point is that some tanks are made for sitting way back and sniping and thats what those so called camping spots are for and the only ones that cry about it are folks in heavies with large hit point pools and thick armor. Some of my best games come from sitting back and taking the big boys to pound town with that high ROF and long visual range. 

PS now if some dude is camping up there in something like an IS3 or a Kuro Mori Mine then ye he is a [edited].

Troymk1 #43 Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:16 PM

Lost Aussie in Texas

• Players
  • 21284 battles

My reactions after about a half dozen battles are decidedly negative.

Basically it's now a tier 1-2 map size, with kiddy rails to guide them to the hill.

There really isn't another strategy available. 

Talk about pandering to lights and mediums!   

jarred_nutt #44 Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:41 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4648 battles
Great map needs expanding though, the town should be pushed out from the center more with a few small hills for cover

ecpgieicg #45 Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21264 battles
  • [PRAMO]
  1. The new Mines is less pre-determined by lineup. But it still disadvantages certain lineups much more than others. (e.g. 5 meds 2 heavies. Or even worse, all meds are Russian with their Russian gun depression)
    I also don't like how the ramps towards the mine entrance are too cramped without enough terrain feature (rise and dips)
  2. I think the Northern spawn is more advantaged for the following reasons.
    i) The north hill provides coverage of town, mine, light house all simultaneously
    ii) Light house flankers from northern spawn will find a good rock cover to spot and peak-n-boom tanks on the southern ramp. The rock in D1 can cover both TDs from southern spawn AND from the southern ramp. No such rock is available on the opposite side.
  3. What do you mean by fronts?
  4. It is not nice to play mediums on the new Mines.
    a) There is no good hull down dips on the ramp. So it is difficult to dig on the ramp. But you do need to spot anyone rushing into mine. So you need to go to hill. The lack of cover on the ramp and overall tightness of space on the ramps means you will likely lose hp relocating and you will lose hp peak-n-booming. So no ramp for med low gun depression
    b) It is not worth the hp loss to rush into the mine. So no mine for meds either
    c) From southern spawn, there is no cover on light house route that can protect you from both the TDs on the north spawn and the northern hill ramp to mine at the same time. So no light house either.
    d) Town is well covered by TDs and vision from town is typically not needed. Most tanks are spotted from peaking over ridge on the hill anyway. So no town for meds.
    Well, where should meds go???
    Ofc, experienced players shoudl be able to find opportunities nonetheless. But there is no natural places for meds on the new Mines map. And it is often devastating from the get go to have 4 or more meds on your team. How should 4 meds all find reasonable opportunities at the same time??
    I also find tanks like KV-4 struggle with the new map. I will leave it for the heavy players to complain.
  5. The hill area is too cramped
  6. No.
    But I think the TD positions are not obvious enough for other players. Too many TDs camp at E4 from southern spawn and they are ineffective, to say the least. I think the TD two positions for northern spawn in A3 are quite obvious. But in practice, many TDs still don't know it and stay at hill bottom in B3 instead, leaving town uncovered and initial rushers into mine untouched.

7. TDs: I advocate that all TDs should camp in the back. TD cover is crucial throughout game and so it's important that they don't abandon posts, as many would do right now. TDs often don't have shots until late game. That seems to be a problem. Players aren't used to extended waiting.
    Heavies: Unless you are KV-4, KV-5 and the like, go to hill. Gun depression heavies like the Caernarvon rule the hill.
    Meds: provide early spotting up hill. But do not rush into mine. Those who do so typically throw the game away for the whole team. Seek opportunities to flank mid-to-late game. Remember you can relocate back to TD positions any time in the game.

8. a) Please enlarge the available map area, especially the hill areas leading to the mine entrance. More rise and dips on both hill ramps would be nice.
    b) Better cover for flankers along the light house route. It's gotta be worthwhile to flank along light house. It currently isn't. It is usually devastating to get exposed even once on the light house route. Once light house route becomes more viable, it also needs to be made a place that allows brawling on the route itself, as flankers will compete for control of the route.
    c) TD coverage of southern spawn can be reworked. We need a place that covers light house, hill top and hill foot from the town route well to balance with the TD positions at the northern spawn at A3. It also needs to be obvious and reasonably protected. Right now, less experienced players tend to camp at the southeastern side of the map in E4. And they are ineffective, so to say the least. A more obvious position at F3 and E3 can help TD players orient themselves around the map.
    d) I think the town route needs to be made more interesting. Although perhaps players just need more time to discover how the town route works. I think hull down tanks need a better hill corner in C4. Also I think town flankers from northern spawn need to be able to have a greater impact. Right now, they aren't in game. I think the reason is they are too exposed even behind the rocks in E4.
  9. I am fine with the design. I would like to suggest that in all previous cases, the color schemes of in-game objects in Blitz maps are nice to the eyes. I think that's important. I hope future Blitz maps can continue to be nice to the eyes.

Edited by ecpgieicg, 14 November 2016 - 10:24 PM.

_WMX_ #46 Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:22 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43939 battles
  • [-DD-]

1. Yes fastest tanks gets hill, but coast too far and the 183 goes boom.  

2. I don't like how a td can be spotted anywhere on the map now 

3. There are some glitches with the town buildings.  People are shooting thru them!!!  Yes!!! If I could record I'd prove it.

4. The map is too small.  The PC concept is great but it's just too small. Cap can be reset in seconds from anywhere on the map (distance time of travel).

5. Meds own this map.  If WG adds just 50 more meters of distance from the spawns sniping spots to the hill, the map will be more versatile and not medium dominant.

_WMX_

Clan of DD Teufel Hunden

Commander (-DD-)

Meatshield_Six #47 Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:02 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 815 battles
  • [TMP]
Good for t1-t3, but kinda small for the bigger tiers, esp luchs, leo and other speedy ones.  Would be neat if lit like Vinyard

captainrandmcklusky #48 Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:10 AM

Private

• Players
  • 16441 battles
  • [DEAD7]
I like the old map better. I like all the old maps, so bring them all back since the new ones are much different than the old ones.

CarlosDanger_1 #49 Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22378 battles
  • [USAF]

This was my least favorite map before the change and now it's really my least favorite.

Need two access ramps to the hill. 

Need to put the windmill area back into play by making it possible to shoot the hill area from there.

The base is not really a factor in the battle anymore.  Every now and then someone will try to capture it but it very rarely works.

The spawns need to be the same distance from the hill ramp for each team.  Now it seems that the south spawns always get there first, not by much but just enough to have the advantage.

Needs to be bigger for any battles higher than tier 3.

Overall it seems that all of the map updates tend to disadvantage the TDs by removing the good sniping spots.

Ikusa_Doragon #50 Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8135 battles
  • [TITAN]

Middle Hill Still Wins. 

Most of the time...all you did was squash it flatter like every other re-worked map you have come out with. Why isn't a single re-worked map taller?

derK1nderPanzer #51 Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16441 battles
  • [SEAL]
Just another flattened map...
T-62A, E-100, IS-7, T110E4

tankcrunch #52 Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:32 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles
it is awesome

Forward_To_Death #53 Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5165 battles
  • [MOMB]

View Posttankcrunch, on 08 February 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

it is awesome

Have you played it, in Blitz? If you haven't, then your opinion holds no weight. If you have, then fine, I'm over-reacting to the "I play WoT PC but hang out on the Blitz forums" situation...it befuddles me: what do you find to be "awesome" about New Mines vs. old?

To the intent of the thread- stretching this to be bigger would be good, not sure if it would help the "SCATTER!" meta that I see play out in most matches though...KV's head to cap, fast mediums flank lighthouse but then hang out there...I'm not in love with the map overall. 

tankcrunch #54 Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles

View Postfounbralro, on 17 February 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

Have you played it, in Blitz? If you haven't, then your opinion holds no weight. If you have, then fine, I'm over-reacting to the "I play WoT PC but hang out on the Blitz forums" situation...it befuddles me: what do you find to be "awesome" about New Mines vs. old?

To the intent of the thread- stretching this to be bigger would be good, not sure if it would help the "SCATTER!" meta that I see play out in most matches though...KV's head to cap, fast mediums flank lighthouse but then hang out there...I'm not in love with the map overall.

ummm new spots and challenges like where to snipe other tanks from.

Also tagged with Mines, Map, Rework, 3.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users