53 replies to this topic

Prywid #21 Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7655 battles
  • [III-X]
1. Like the colors
2. Like more concealment/bushes and buildings

3. Elevate spawns and lighthouse terrain, balance the cap area(middle position) and add additional entrances to the hill OR return old secret ones

OR put the cap area on the hill and add additional entrances.

arman516 #22 Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8347 battles
  • [ANINV]
It is basically the PC map which will make a lot of draws considering how seperated it is. The lighthouse needs more cover and more sniping spots are needed.

My Stats

Favorite Tanks: VK 28.01, SU-152, SU-76i Ice Claw, Valentine II, RU 251, Valentine II and KV-1. Currently Grinding: I just want a KV-2

rajkumarukku #23 Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:49 PM

My way highway. Don't come.

• Players
  • 44612 battles
Very good map .add that to game . 

>Instead Of Running and drinking Milk, Standing and Drinking Water is Better.

KempBushThe3rd #24 Posted 17 September 2016 - 01:49 AM

How to Git Gud, Step 1: Don't spawn on the wrong team.

• Players
  • 12552 battles

View PostCC_Sly, on 13 September 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

1. How do you like the changes made to the Mines map? What did you like? What didn't you like?
  2. What do you think about the spawn point balance? Which spawn point would you like to start at: the upper or the lower one? Please explain why and give examples.
  3. What are the best and the worst fronts on the map (considering the vehicle type you played on the map)? 
  4. Was it comfortable to play with the vehicle type that you used on the map (heavy, medium, and light tanks, and tank destroyers)? Please explain why.
  5. What helped/didn't help the comfort of the game? (Too much/too little cover; map is complicated/easy; map is open/cluttered; ability to capture the base; isolation of fronts, etc.) 
  6. Were there any obstacles when orienting yourself on the map (without regard to the minimap)? Was it possible to evaluate the overall situation on the battlefield from different locations?
  7. What tactics did you use on the modified map?
  8. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve the map (balance and other aspects)?
  9. Did you like the design of the reworked map? What about the light and colors? What can you say about the visual changes to Mines?

1. I like that the cap was being placed in town, to potentially force medium tanks off the hill to defend. I like that the steepness of the middle portion was decreased, which made heavy tanks much more useful. Previously, you needed a crazy amount of gun depression (about 12) to successfully hulldown. Now, you need only 8, which is good. Those who lack gun depression still need to expose themselves, but the "ridgeline warriors" can finally be successful on this map.

2. This... I really need to think about this question. This map balance is not like other maps, where everything is symmetrical. Both sides have different advantages, but an equal number of advantages. The north side has an amazing TD campground at spawn, where it can support the town, hill, and lighthouse, but can't destroy heavies (unless they crest hill). The south side TDs need to move to an area at lighthouse to get shots good shots, and need to relocate in order to get shots in meds on the hill or heavies at the base of the hill. The south side meds get easy easy flanking shots into the heavies at the hill, while the north have to expose themselves more.

3. The town area is very cramped if you want to avoid hill fire. Almost as cramped as the old Malinovka mill. Town needs some work.

4. Heavies have much more of a chance now than previously, though it's still the most uncomfortable class to play on this map. A rework to town might help them.

5. The lower steepness of the base of the hill makes playing heavy tanks more comfortable. The town, being fairly exposed, makes it very uncomfortable to play in, and will probably only be used for cap.

6. Huh?

7. Meds and lights, same as always, HILL HILL HILL HILL HILL HILL HILL! Heavy tanks, I would still go up the hill to help out, but I would have a lot more hope for success. TDs, previously, I would never muck around at spawn, and I would go to the lighthouse to get shots. It's still the case for the south spawn, but at the north spawn, I'd much rather spawn camp.

8. The difference in elevation for the hill and town need to be much greater, so if the meds from hill want to shoot the tanks at town, they will have to expose their entire tank (and potentially fall off the hill) to get a shot. If this happens, then this reworked map would be amazing.

9. Absolutely beautiful. The grass, the horizon, the water. You did a great job in terms of graphics.

If you rework the area around town to make it much harder for medium tanks to get shots on there, it would be an amazing map. It's beautiful, unique, and would promote many different tactics. I'm not the best player out there, but I think the balance on this map is much better than before, and you didn't have to resort to symmetrical maps, either!

WARNING: The player "KempBushThe3rd" is no longer active. This is the last message he has left us:

"I've supported this game for too long. There are too many frustrations with playing this game. And I believe that it's not worth playing anymore. This is not because of Update 3.8. I have been losing interest in this game for a while now. I believe that it is time for me to put the game down and finally move on with life. A big thanks to the forums for helping me on the road to 60%, and sometimes giving me a good laugh. o7."

The_Witch_K1ng_of_Angmar #25 Posted 19 September 2016 - 06:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18298 battles
  • [T1GER]

How do you like the changes made to the Mines map? What did you like? What didn't you like?  I really liked looking around this map, and seeing it.  The changes look awesome, and I like that there isn't a big hill to race to the top of.  One thing I didn't like is that will replace the current Mines.  Perhaps, instead, you could add another Mines map as well as keeping the current one?What do you think about the spawn point balance? Which spawn point would you like to start at: the upper or the lower one? Please explain why and give examples.

What are the best and the worst fronts on the map (considering the vehicle type you played on the map)? The hill is the best.  You can't fail easily up there.  

Was it comfortable to play with the vehicle type that you used on the map (heavy, medium, and light tanks, and tank destroyers)? Please explain why. I drove around it in my Leo.  I definitely think that this map would be a great place for Lights, Mediums, and Heavies as it is flatter and doesn't slow you down as much.

What helped/didn't help the comfort of the game? (Too much/too little cover; map is complicated/easy; map is open/cluttered; ability to capture the base; isolation of fronts, etc.) 

Were there any obstacles when orienting yourself on the map (without regard to the minimap)? Was it possible to evaluate the overall situation on the battlefield from different locations?

What tactics did you use on the modified map? I just looked around.  lol

Do you have any suggestions on how to improve the map (balance and other aspects)? Perhaps there should be a couple more buildings and make a bigger mining down.  I love urban fighting, and maybe making a town in the dead center of the map would make it a little more enjoyable.

Did you like the design of the reworked map? What about the light and colors? What can you say about the visual changes to Mines? I loved the visual changes.  It looked more like how I would like other maps to appear.  

Lokeen #26 Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:47 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38497 battles
  • [ST3RM]

View PostCC_Sly, on 13 September 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

PLEASE NOTE: This topic will unlock for feedback ~24 hours after the update has gone live. We would like people to explore and experience the new map before opening up this feedback section! Thank you!

Greetings Tankers!

In Update 3.1, a reworked version of the Mines map will be available in training rooms! We invite you to take a look, test the changes, and provide your feedback in this thread.

Minimap of the Reworked Mines

Feedback Questionnaire 

1. How do you like the changes made to the Mines map? What did you like? What didn't you like?
  2. What do you think about the spawn point balance? Which spawn point would you like to start at: the upper or the lower one? Please explain why and give examples.
  3. What are the best and the worst fronts on the map (considering the vehicle type you played on the map)?
  4. Was it comfortable to play with the vehicle type that you used on the map (heavy, medium, and light tanks, and tank destroyers)? Please explain why.
  5. What helped/didn't help the comfort of the game? (Too much/too little cover; map is complicated/easy; map is open/cluttered; ability to capture the base; isolation of fronts, etc.)
  6. Were there any obstacles when orienting yourself on the map (without regard to the minimap)? Was it possible to evaluate the overall situation on the battlefield from different locations?
  8. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve the map (balance and other aspects)?
  9. Did you like the design of the reworked map? What about the light and colors? What can you say about the visual changes to Mines?

The Development Team appreciates your participation in this survey. Let's make World of Tanks Blitz better together!

1. Overall I like the changes to the map in terms of landscape and look. I do not like the placement of the cap circle as I think it makes a very large portion of the map irrelevant.

2. The spawn points aren't bad but I would prefer to start at the green spawn as opposed to the red.  The red spawn points are far to separated to promote coordinated team play.

3. Not sure what you're looking for with this question, sorry.

4. I run mostly medium and light tanks and found the map very enjoyable to run around on.

5. This section was done well on the test version IMO.

6. No not really and this speaks to my opinion that the cap circle is in a terrible location.

7. Cap control is way to powerful.

8. Fix the red spawn points, move the cap circle, and add another clear access point onto the top of the hill in the center.

9. I think you did a fantastic job visually.

acrisis #27 Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19214 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

View PostPAD_Minotaur, on 19 September 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

How do you like the changes made to the Mines map? What did you like? What didn't you like?  I really liked looking around this map, and seeing it.  The changes look awesome, and I like that there isn't a big hill to race to the top of.  ...

No big hill to race for?

Are you sure you were on Mines?

How could you miss the hill in the center?

Or did you miss the single entrance? 

Blitz   Community   Coalition   
 BCC Forum Thread | BCC Discord invite

Mission Poll  |  Goose Event Poll  | ... 
Looney Tooners  ||  Triarii  ||  Blitz University  ||  Basic Training  ||  Mentor

2.8 Blitz Economy - A visual of the credit coefficients | Got lag? =>  Pingplotter thread

hatedfate #28 Posted 23 September 2016 - 03:00 PM

Reality continues to ruin my life.

• Players
  • 17294 battles
  • [PRAMO]
More bushes pls

Pittoors_ #29 Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:18 AM

Killer Queen has already touched this forum title

• Players
  • 27172 battles
  • [MAHOU]

View PostCC_Sly, on 13 September 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

Feedback Questionnaire 

The Development Team appreciates your participation in this survey. Let's make World of Tanks Blitz better together!

1.- Personally, I like it a lot. The best thing I like are the visual changes, it's beautiful compared to the current Mines. I didn't liked the fact that the Lighthouse zone is now useless imo, even if most of the times I don't use that position.

2.- Actually, I don't care too much, going ot the hill is easier on both spawns. But if I really had to choose, it would be probably on the upper one, simply because the capture zone is slightly closer than on the lower one.

3.- The hill, lights and mediums will get it easier, and working the gun depression there will make it a very nice position. Also it's easier for slow tanks to get on the hills, appreciate that. I think the worst position is the lighthouse, sniping is harder.

4.- The cover is adequate, not too much, not too little. The meta on the map will be the same though, as hill is still a very good position. But as I said, there's one spawn that has the capture zone closer, which might give an advantage.

5.- Yes, excepting on the lighthouse. The cover the hills have from there is too much, so it's hard to see the battlefield from there.

6.- I explored the whole map, but I mostly went to the hill and to the lighthouse, because these have been always the most used positions. Ithink players should give some attention to the city; I really like it, and the fact that the base was relocated will give that zone more relevancy.

7.- Yes, only making the lighthouse an effective spot again. I think it's overpowered on the current mines, but on the rework it has ben nerfer a lot. Buff it, but please don't make it very good nor OP, just make it more effective than it is right now.

8.- Yes, I did. In my opinion, it has the best visuals on the game.

I really look forward to this rework, and hopefully it will be playable on random battles on 3.2.

I also play Tetris

Current garage: M48A1 Patton, Leopard 1, E 50 Ausf. M, T-62A, M46 Patton, M103, Jagdtiger, IS-5, Spahpanzer Ru 251, T-54 Lightweight, T23E3, Type 62, Van HelsingKuro Mori MineAC IV Sentinel, SU-100YStridsvagn 74A2, Jagdpanzer IV, KV-2, AMX 12t, ARL 44, Panzer IV Anko SP, Churchill III, M24 Chaffee, Panzer IV, T-34, AMX ELC Bis, Hetzer Kame SP, Valentine, Panzer S35, BT-SV, BT-7 Artillery, SU-76i, T-15M3 LightT2 Light & T7 Combat Car.

Untrustworthy #30 Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:09 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 43533 battles
  • [AFT]
no better then the one we have now. about 1/3 of the map is worthless, mountains that cant be used, one way up the hill my favorite TD sniping spots are now gone ahh just delete the mine's from the line up and well be al right!

WareJC #31 Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12602 battles
  • [PINT]
Breaks the boredom that is mines.
"Your lack of effort or your death is not my concern. However lack of effort will lead to your death by their hand or mine."

__Alexwen__ #32 Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:21 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10661 battles
  • [USA2]
1 its exactly like PC and arty friendly
2spawn point balance better but I like south because I can rush up the hill wit mt253

http://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/__AlexWen__

Tanks in garage: T54 LTWT, T49, RU 251, Leopard 1,

Favorites: RU 251(#1), LTTB(#2), Leopard 1(#3), M41 Bulldog(#4),T49(#5)

I'm a decent player(49.60%)

FlammeumDraco333 #33 Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:37 PM

Edgy Kekistani Memer

• Players
  • 15108 battles
  • [META]
  1. How do you like the changes made to the Mines map? What did you like? What didn't you like? The moving of the cap to the town makes this entire section of the map an extremely viable option, the balance of the spawn points gives both teams a fair chance at taking key positions, and the reworked lighthouse is very good for tank destroyers. Overall, I quite like this rework, and I feel that it is quite balanced.
  2. What do you think about the spawn point balance? Which spawn point would you like to start at: the upper or the lower one? Please explain why and give examples. The spawn points are much more balanced now, and it doesn't matter which side you start from, as I can get to the key spots on the map in almost the same amount of time from either spawn.
  3. What are the best and the worst fronts on the map (considering the vehicle type you played on the map)? The hill is still one of the key positions, however, the movement of the cap circle to the town and rearrangement of bushes/obstacles mean that teams who can't take the hill still have a very good chance of winning if they use the resources at their disposal/
  4. Was it comfortable to play with the vehicle type that you used on the map (heavy, medium, and light tanks, and tank destroyers)? Please explain why. Yes, there are plenty of locations for heavy tanks and tank destroyers, and your lights and mediums can still take advantage of the hill like before, however, the hill isn't quite as dominant.
  5. What helped/didn't help the comfort of the game? (Too much/too little cover; map is complicated/easy; map is open/cluttered; ability to capture the base; isolation of fronts, etc.) The map seems to have enough cover, and has enough opportunity of movement/strategy to make gameplay varied.
  6. Were there any obstacles when orienting yourself on the map (without regard to the minimap)? Was it possible to evaluate the overall situation on the battlefield from different locations? I found the map to be extremely balanced, able to easy evaluate and change the course of the battle no matter what tank you are.
  7. What tactics did you use on the modified map? Although taking the hill is still a very critical aspect, a heavy dominant team can easily pressure the town and cap, forcing the enemy's faster tanks off of the hill. A tank destroyer dominant team can definitely take advantage of the reworked lighthouse area to get shots onto tanks on the hill as well, and there's plenty of bush cover on other areas to get shots into heavy and medium strong points.
  8. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve the map (balance and other aspects)? I'm really excited for this change to the mines map, and I don't know of any major changes that could be done to make it better.
  9. Did you like the design of the reworked map? What about the light and colors? What can you say about the visual changes to Mines? The map looks absolutely stunning, it is definitely one of the most beautiful maps in the game.

Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8. I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

tanker070 #34 Posted 06 October 2016 - 03:24 AM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 39101 battles
  • [SKXLL]

I would add more emphasis on making  map areas more useful would help this 'TEST MINES' to make it into que.  I would suggest that make the corners of the map more useful.  Having a copy of PC map (which got spots for arty) <-- so i would say these spots are useless.  Make the Lighthouse little more elevated to cover more area.

adding more concealment
middle more elevated (so there aren't many across the map snipers)

make hill a little less in terms of area coverage    ----or----  have 2 entrances to hill (maybe)

make areas such as lighthouse, town more effective.

Have 'TEST map' run in for a month or 2 to see the heat data or something.  Maybe that would help WG decide what to do. 

SKILL COMMUNITY WEBSITE  http://www.clan-skill.com

TydiriumX #35 Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14110 battles
  • [11TH_]
The Mines-Test is overall great, so much better than the extremely flawed version we have now. I like the placement of the cap and the great visuals and details put in the map.

Tanks: M4, M46 Patton, Tiger 1, Tiger (P), VK 45.01 (A), Maus, Hetzer, Jagpanzer IV, JagPanther, JagdTiger, T-54, KV-2, SU-100, SU-152, ISU-152

Premium Tanks: T7 Car, Fury, JagTiger 8,8 cm (2015) "Snowstorm" , T-34-85 Victory, KV-5Tog II*, Angry Connor, LTP, M3 Light, Edelweiss, Nameless, T6 Dracula

Praeceladon #36 Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19234 battles
There are too many mountains on the side of the map now obstructing the size of the map. It's null space in the game map no accesible to play.

Unless removed this map should be scrapped. No more maps where the edges are blocked off and the map is artificially smaller than it should be. Lower the mountains flatten them out and make them accessible.

Hill is too small also. Not much of a reason to even have it now.

Base is in a bad spot too.

Dark_Magician_Girl #37 Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:03 PM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 18420 battles
  • [-TK]

View PostCC_Sly, on 13 September 2016 - 08:58 PM, said:

PLEASE NOTE: This topic will unlock for feedback ~24 hours after the update has gone live. We would like people to explore and experience the new map before opening up this feedback section! Thank you!

Greetings Tankers!

In Update 3.1, a reworked version of the Mines map will be available in training rooms! We invite you to take a look, test the changes, and provide your feedback in this thread.

Minimap of the Reworked Mines

Feedback Questionnaire 

1. How do you like the changes made to the Mines map? What did you like? What didn't you like?  I liked the less of a hill emphasis the few times I drove a heavy.  I didn't like the camo availablity tho  There should be way more bushes and trees to fill it out.
  2. What do you think about the spawn point balance? Which spawn point would you like to start at: the upper or the lower one? Please explain why and give examples.  Either would be find for the rework since both require the same time to reach the hill.
  3. What are the best and the worst fronts on the map (considering the vehicle type you played on the map)?  Recently i have been running exclusively the RU 251, so no front has really been a problem.  I guess driving through water makes me slower, so if I had to choose one it would be the side with water that is difficult for lights.
  4. Was it comfortable to play with the vehicle type that you used on the map (heavy, medium, and light tanks, and tank destroyers)? Please explain why.  Less comfortable because the RU benefits from the original mines as compared to this one.
  5. What helped/didn't help the comfort of the game? (Too much/too little cover; map is complicated/easy; map is open/cluttered; ability to capture the base; isolation of fronts, etc.) As stated above, it could use more bushes, this seems like a map made for TD's, similar to dead rail.
  6. Were there any obstacles when orienting yourself on the map (without regard to the minimap)? Was it possible to evaluate the overall situation on the battlefield from different locations?  When on the lighthouse side it is slightly hard to evaluate, you can't really see up the hill like you used to from over there.  Not too many obstacles though.
  7. What tactics did you use on the modified map?  Get to hill, shoot.  Get off hill and flank afterwards.
  8. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve the map (balance and other aspects)? The hill was the biggest factor in deciding who won, but if you do take that away you take away from tanks like the RU or Leopard's to perform as effectively, so you must give a buff to those to compensate.
  9. Did you like the design of the reworked map? What about the light and colors? What can you say about the visual changes to Mines?  Aesthetically, it was beautiful.  Good work on that front.  Just make sure that if you decide to balance the map you need to compensate for the tanks who will no longer be as effective.  Just as himmelsdorf is a map meant for heavies, there needs to be a map meant for lights.  Don't take that away from mines.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

BobaFett_56 #38 Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:14 PM

Mandalorian Bounty Hunter

• Players
  • 38858 battles
  • [ANIME]

Feedback Questionnaire 

1. How do you like the changes made to the Mines map? What did you like? What didn't you like? Not sure about some of these questions so putting in the answers I am certain are good.
  5. What helped/didn't help the comfort of the game? (Too much/too little cover; map is complicated/easy; map is open/cluttered; ability to capture the base; isolation of fronts, etc.) Only 2/3 of map space will be used or possibly only 1/3 because base will be only battle area area that shoot at it will be used.
  7. What tactics did you use on the modified map? Was thinking maybe modify the corner mountain on new map so tanks can climb up it and have a sniper position that can fire above building level and counter snipe the main hill. But of course such a position would hold the danger of the corner sniper getting killed. I have a feeling the base corner will be a major focus in battles so more options surrounding the area might be good. Otherwise old map is better. Did have some fast tanks make it up the mountain and it gave me the idea to have the mountain intentially be able to be climbed because it was a lot of fun for both the ones sniping and the ones on ground shooting up at them. Right now only the fastest tanks can make it up.
  8. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve the map (balance and other aspects)? Not sure camera wise if it would be possible but tunnels that go though the hills has always been a dream I have had for a map to give more combat space since it is called Mines after all. But of course balance wise there would have to be plenty of ways ti get in and out to prevent it to be over powered but it might work.
  9. Did you like the design of the reworked map? What about the light and colors? What can you say about the visual changes to Mines? Lighting and colors feel a little bleached and after noon sun light can potentially  interfere with driving and targeting. Texture and lighting on old map is better I think.

__Crusader6__ #39 Posted 01 November 2016 - 12:14 AM

BANNED

• Players
  • 45114 battles
  • [III]
Garbage. And we are stuck with it till they realized the massive F up. 

Join the BCC, let's make Blitz great again together https://discord.gg/cdDdKMw

Certified Tank Hoarder: 306 tanks in Garage (58 now equipped thx 3.8), 299/308 aced (Mk1 and T49A repo), and ~wallet warrior

WANTED: SPARE PARTS...

AFM_33 #40 Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:35 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6402 battles
  • [1142]

Seems like it will be a fun map, played the test, and I think that it will be a ton of fun! 

I Am really sad to see the old mines go.... But this is gonna be better I think!

AFM_33 

Commander of WoTB Clan

U.S.A. TANKERS [1142]

#105 In VK 16.02 Leopard in NA!!!

Also tagged with Mines, Map, Rework, 3.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users