LTTB gun. wth

super terrible

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: What balancing option would be best? (22 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Choose one; see post for what options are

1. 1 (1 vote [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

2. 2 (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

3. 3 (4 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

4. Shouldn't be buffed (14 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

Vote Hide poll

Posit1ve_ #1 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:11 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 64052 battles
  • [_V_]

Disclaimer: LTTB is still super fun, I just think the gun needs a serious buff

On PC the LTTB is infamous for it's excellent gun handling and ferocious DPM. Then there's blitz, where the LTTB gets the EXACT opposite. It has the WORST DPM of all tier VII meds and lights except the T20. But it's still ~1800 DPM, not awful, but then there's the gun handling. 2.5 second aim time, and the bloom is horrific. To make matters worse, unlike some other meds and lights, you don't get to mount Vstab. This terrible gun handling makes missing shots fairly common, cutting into the already lowish DPM. And due to the bloom, if you want a chance at hitting anything, you have to sit still and aim for those 2.5 seconds, and the armor, while good for a light, isn't really going to stand up to heavies, and TDs, and most tier VII meds can pen you easily, especially if they load gold. Not being able to move for 2.5 seconds to hit shots is darn near impossible with that kind of armor.

The fact that 3 degrees of gun depression imo is balance enough, and 1000 HP is the lowest in the entire tier

I see 3 viable balancing options:

1. Cut bloom by 65%, and reduce aim time to 2.1 seconds

2. Increase RoF to 12 RPM

3. Cut bloom by 30%, reduce aim time to 2.3 seconds, increase RoF to 10.6 RPM

WG, I don't care what you do as long as this gun gets buffed. It's already bad for a med, and is straight atrocious on a light.

(Yes I'm aware it has 170 AP pen, but , honestly, it's not worth it)

Edited by panzermk6, 15 September 2016 - 01:41 AM.

336 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

tonski_ #2 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:27 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17650 battles
  • [LGND]
I would just buff aim time and bloom. The RPM is already good. If you buff ROF its gonna be a buffed t43.
mob

KempBushThe3rd #3 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:27 AM

How to Git Gud, Step 1: Don't spawn on the wrong team.

• Players
  • 17559 battles
  • [SEAL]

And I still can't figure out how to look up soft stats for Blitz...

Armor inspector says it has 5 degrees of gun depression.

I haven't seen anybody play the LTTB yet, but 30% cut on bloom and aim time to 2.3 sounds reasonable enough. People were complaining about how the LTTB will dominate, and WG listened.

Herodotus4 #4 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22482 battles
  • [SRT_]
SP I C has 1689 dpm or 7.5 rpm

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs

glass2707 #5 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30004 battles
  • [GRIM]
DPM isn't vastly different than in WOT.  Also the LTTB doesn't fire well on the move there either.  Though it is tough to do a full comparison because scouting there is much more important.  The DPM is low compared to other tanks it competes with and it is baffling that the Comet still has 2400 DPM, but idk.  If you ignore the Comet then I would say it's DPM is good enough though it is puzzling why it and the type lag the mediums in that regard.  They don't in other versions of the game.  Though those light tanks are balanced to face tanks up to 3 tiers higher.

Posit1ve_ #6 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:29 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 64052 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostHerodotus4, on 14 September 2016 - 07:28 PM, said:

Single shot gun has 8.3 RPM, which is 70 more DPM than the LTTB

336 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

glass2707 #7 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30004 battles
  • [GRIM]

View PostHerodotus4, on 15 September 2016 - 01:28 AM, said:

Hard to do a comparison there because of the auto loader.

LoweExpectations #8 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:30 AM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles

NOPE NOPE NOPE.

This tank is super overpowered. Moves like a rocket and gets to top speed way faster than the Ru 251. Plus is has quite the trollish upper plate. Gun and gun depression need to be it's weaknesses. I don't know why you would ever buff this tank.

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

Achuuu___ #9 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:33 AM

"Lul" in Dutch

• Players
  • 13160 battles
  • [501DV]
Btw SP IC has a lower DPM. And it only seems fair to buff the aim time + bloom considering t43 has similar gun handling with .02 dispersion better. (If it even needs a buff)

Edited by Achuuu___, 15 September 2016 - 01:35 AM.

¯\_()_/¯     Stupidity at its finest   ¯\_()_/¯

Posit1ve_ #10 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:38 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 64052 battles
  • [_V_]

View Postglass2707, on 14 September 2016 - 07:29 PM, said:

DPM isn't vastly different than in WOT.  Also the LTTB doesn't fire well on the move there either.  Though it is tough to do a full comparison because scouting there is much more important.  The DPM is low compared to other tanks it competes with and it is baffling that the Comet still has 2400 DPM, but idk.  If you ignore the Comet then I would say it's DPM is good enough though it is puzzling why it and the type lag the mediums in that regard.  They don't in other versions of the game.  Though those light tanks are balanced to face tanks up to 3 tiers higher.

It's like a 400 point difference between here and WoT(2200 DPM there, 1800 here)! That's not small in my book. And it does fire well on the move in WoT, it has .16 dispersion for moving and traversing the tank, and .12 for traversing the turret. For conparison, the Centurion 7/1 has .18 for all values.

They are balanced for meeting tanks 3 tiers higher on PC, but the RU-251 didn't really receive any nerfs when it was carried over. The LTTB nerfs have significantly changed the tank though

336 tanks in the garage!

Wboys #11 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:38 AM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 32412 battles
  • [VRTX]
I don't have it, but DPM looks fine. IMO like you were saying staying still for 2.5 seconds is what kills it. It should prob just be buffed to 2.1 about so you can shoot-n-scoot better.

https://www.blitzsta...layer/com/Wboys

Leader of Vort3x

Goals: 60% wr without stat padding, researching all tier Xs (1 left!)

Favorite Mark Twain quotes: "Man was made at the end of the work week, when God was tired." ~ "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~ "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." ~ "Don't let school interfere with your education." ~ "Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ "Go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

LoweExpectations #12 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:39 AM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles

View PostWboys, on 14 September 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

I don't have it, but DPM looks fine. IMO like you were saying staying still for 2.5 seconds is what kills it. It should prob just be buffed to 2.1 about so you can shoot-n-scoot better.

That would be completely overpowered. The weakness of the Russian lights are the handling of the guns, if you buff them all the other lights are pretty much useless. 

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

woof_defender #13 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:43 AM

⚔️Fallen Guardian⚔️

• Players
  • 34585 battles
  • [MAHOU]
This is why world of tanks is unplayable for me. You say it has horrible aim and horrible dispersion. Well it's a light tank, your supposed to hide in cover and attack when your enemy is distracted! You play SUPPORT! If you buff it they way you say then it can peek out and take snapshots on already very slow heavy tanks. The only reasonable option that you listed it to cut bloom by 30% and change aim time to 2.3 seconds BUT I say keep the rof as is.

“One day you will leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember” ~Avicii~

Posit1ve_ #14 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:44 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 64052 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostLoweExpectations, on 14 September 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:

That would be completely overpowered. The weakness of the Russian lights are the handling of the guns, if you buff them all the other lights are pretty much useless. 

That's a gamebreaking weakness in a light tank though. The upper plate is still only ~160 effective when well angled, and most shells will punch through with ease. The turret is only like ~100mm effective, and EVERYTHING will go through that. If you can't put shots in the air quickly, you stand zero chance with that kind of thin armor. And let's not forget the LTTB still has lowest in tier HP, and lowest in tier gun depression. And the armor still isn't great. 

336 tanks in the garage!

KempBushThe3rd #15 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:48 AM

• Players
  • 17559 battles
  • [SEAL]

Have you actually tried scouting? If you complain about the gun so much, then go scout.

inb4 --> :ohmy:

Edited by BryoDoesGaming, 15 September 2016 - 01:51 AM.

Posit1ve_ #16 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:49 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 64052 battles
  • [_V_]

View Postwoof_defender, on 14 September 2016 - 07:43 PM, said:

This is why world of tanks is unplayable for me. You say it has horrible aim and horrible dispersion. Well it's a light tank, your supposed to hide in cover and attack when your enemy is distracted! You play SUPPORT! If you buff it they way you say then it can peek out and take snapshots on already very slow heavy tanks. The only reasonable option that you listed it to cut bloom by 30% and change aim time to 2.3 seconds BUT I say keep the rof as is.

Let's remember the blitz playerbase. 

They will shoot the lightly armored support tank instrad of the thickly armored T29 in front of them because the light tank os an easy pen. If you try to play the LTTB as you have described, you end up stuck behind a rock the entire time without being able to poke out and take snapshots like you need to. Even me going full YOLO in 30 battles can manage more damage per battle.

336 tanks in the garage!

Posit1ve_ #17 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:51 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 64052 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostBryoDoesGaming, on 14 September 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

Have you actually tried scouting? If you complain about the gun so much, then go scout.

:ohmy:

Yep; 30 battles of straight YOLO ;)

But this is blitz. With only 7 tanks per team, and no arty to eat for lunch, scouting is ultimately an inferior role to damage dealing in pub matches. Now that I've decided to start dealing damage, I'm finding the gun to be near impossible to use.

Still super fun to play; But I just want the gun to be usable so I can deal damage too

336 tanks in the garage!

KempBushThe3rd #18 Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:57 AM

• Players
  • 17559 battles
  • [SEAL]

View Postpanzermk6, on 14 September 2016 - 09:51 PM, said:

Yep; 30 battles of straight YOLO ;)

But this is blitz. With only 7 tanks per team, and no arty to eat for lunch, scouting is ultimately an inferior role to damage dealing in pub matches. Now that I've decided to start dealing damage, I'm finding the gun to be near impossible to use.

Still super fun to play; But I just want the gun to be usable so I can deal damage too

The German lights have an amazing ability to do damage. The Russian lights don't. So you need to adjust your playstyle.

EDIT: Wrong video.

You have to stop treating light tanks like medium tanks that trade armor for speed. If your gun won't work, do something else. If the fat aussie can do it, so can you.

Edited by BryoDoesGaming, 15 September 2016 - 02:10 AM.

Posit1ve_ #19 Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:03 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 64052 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostBryoDoesGaming, on 14 September 2016 - 07:57 PM, said:

The German lights have an amazing ability to do damage. The Russian lights don't. So you need to adjust your playstyle.

You have to stop treating light tanks like medium tanks that trade armor for speed. If your gun won't work, do something else. If the fat aussie can do it, so can you.

I have 3.43 spots per battle, and unfortunately Blitz API doesn't track assisted damage, but that would be fairly high as well. The thing is, given the playerbase, they could have all 7 reds lit for all 7 minutes, and they still wouldn't be able to make use of that.

336 tanks in the garage!

woof_defender #20 Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:03 AM

⚔️Fallen Guardian⚔️

• Players
  • 34585 battles
  • [MAHOU]

View Postpanzermk6, on 14 September 2016 - 06:49 PM, said:

Let's remember the blitz playerbase. 

They will shoot the lightly armored support tank instrad of the thickly armored T29 in front of them because the light tank os an easy pen. If you try to play the LTTB as you have described, you end up stuck behind a rock the entire time without being able to poke out and take snapshots like you need to. Even me going full YOLO in 30 battles can manage more damage per battle.

I see what your saying, but light tanks and medium tanks shouldn't be able to go toe-to-toe with heavy tanks. I see so many medium and light tanks drivers just compensate and shoot gold. And because they are so fast, they get out of sight before they are spotted. Back then mediums(similar to lights) had to flank. Not anymore. And the buffs you want would make the LTTB either op or it would outclass all other tank classes.

“One day you will leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember” ~Avicii~

Also tagged with super, terrible

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users