The World of Tanks Blitz community throws around a lot of terms and phrases which, unless you’ve been indoctrinated into the culture, you may find a bit confusing. Below is an alphabetized list of some of the most commonly used expressions and their respective definitions. You can simply scroll through the list or search the page for the desired term. Hyperlinks are displayed in blue and offer a more in-depth explanation. If anyone has anything else to add, please do so and I’ll edit it into the list. (Link to Original Thread)
1. Active Scout
1. a tanker who uses speed and maneuverability to drive ahead of the main force so as to spot enemy tanks.
e.g. "we need an active scout to find us targets"
2. AFK/Away From Keyboard
1. when a tanker is not participating in battle, either because they are suffering from connection issues or have set their device down.
e.g. "the last guy is AFK at spawn"
1. the amount of damage that can be dealt with one shot.
e.g. "the BL-10 has great alpha but a terrible rate of fire"
4. Alt/Alternate Account
1. a secondary account with a similar name as the primary account . Typically used to troll.
e.g. "sometimes when tankers are banned they created alts so they can keep posting in the forums"
5. Ammo Rack
1. the location on a tank where ammunition is stored. Particularly susceptible to explosion.
e.g. "I aimed for the ammo rack but missed"
2. to destroy a tank in a single shot by detonating their ammo rack.
e.g. "I ammo racked a full-health IS-7"
1. to position your tank at an angle in relation to your enemy, thereby reducing the chance of penetration.
e.g. "angle your tank so he can't get a shot at you"
1. a clan, led by dddqqq, that requires members to have a minimum average of 1200 damage per game, and a damage ratio of at least 1.6.
e.g. "ATT is a clan associated with KRIEG"
1. when a tank is angled greater than 70 degrees in relation to the enemy, thereby automatically bouncing incoming rounds.
e.g. "I positioned my tank into the right auto bounce angle and all incoming rounds ricocheted.
1. a selectable feature that keeps your reticule tracked on a specific point of the enemy tank.
e.g. "I normally keep auto-aim on whenever I'm circling an enemy tank"
1. a rapid-fire gun which shoots between two to eight rounds with a single click of the trigger.
e.g. "the autocannon on my BT-7 lacks penetration but fires a burst of shells"
1. a mythical weapon that strikes down and suspends tankers for team killing or violating some other rule.
e.g. "I was hit with the mighty ban hammer after killing two of my teammates"
1. a system that categorizes every tank into various subsets in order to determine what tiers a specific tank is supposed to fight in. i.e. a tier three tank cannot be matched in the same battle as a tier seven tank.
e.g. "even though my T29 is only a tier seven, it often gets matched with tier nine tanks because of its battle tier"
1. to fire at a tank that has disappeared from view.
e.g. "he vanished behind a bush but I fired a blind shot and killed him"
1. a clan, led by concep, that requires members to have a minimum average damage of 1800, and damage ratio of at least 1.9.
e.g. "you must have very good stats in order to be in KRIEG"
15.Bounce a Shot
1. when a tank's armor effectively stops a round from penetrating.
e.g. "even though he fired HEAT I still bounced the shot"
1. nickname for the SU-100Y.
e.g. "I just got owned by a Box Tank"
1. when two or more tanks fight in close combat, using angling and speed to deflect shots.
e.g. "While in my E 100, I brawled against lone TD"
1. a clan, led by Want3db0y, that requires members to have a tier eight tank or higher.
e.g. "sometimes I see BIA members in public matches"
1. when WotB developers raise certain values on under powered tanks in order to even the playing field.
e.g. "hopefully the T95 will receive a speed buff in the next update"
1. a value that helps keep a tank from being spotted. i.e. Camo net, bushes.
e.g. "I equipped the camo net so I can better hide from enemies"
1. to stay in one spot and not contribute to the battle.
e.g. "there was a heavy tank camping at spawn the entire battle"
1. an area located near the center of the map that can be captured to win the battle.
e.g. "everyone rushed for cap as soon as the battle started"
2. to capture the flag.
e.g. "we won the battle by capping"
1. to deal a significantly higher amount of damage than any other teammate, thereby winning the battle.
e.g. "I carried so hard and dealt over 7,000 damage"
1. a group tankers who platoon together and share camaraderie and teamwork. Currently, clans are unofficial in WoTB, but will be officially implemented in a future update.
e.g. "it's fun being in a clan and getting to know other tankers"
1. a politico-military add-on where clans battle for control over various provinces and territories and are rewarded in gold for their success. Currently, Clan Wars is not available for WoTB, but will be implemented in a future update.
e.g. "when Clan Wars comes out some clans will become filthy rich with gold"
1. when an autoloader empties its entire clip into an enemy tank.
e.g. "I came around the corner and got clipped to death by a BT-7"
2. when a tank's barrel denies real-world physics by passing through a solid object.
e.g. "even though my hull was flush against the side a building, my barrel magically clipped through the wall"
27.CoD/Circle of Death
1. a technique typically used by medium tanks, where one tanker outmaneuvers another by circling them, effectively staying ahead of the enemy tank's turret and avoiding being shot.
1. single use, multi-use, or permanent effect items that repair damaged modules, heal crew, or increase specific skills. i.e. Adrenaline, Case of Cola, Chocolate, Engine Boost, Extra Combat Rations, Fire Extinguisher, First Aid Kit, Multi-Purpose Restoration Pack, Repair Kit.
e.g. "I always keep my tanks loaded with consumables"
1. a weak spot on the top of the turret that is susceptible to penetration.
e.g. "target the cupola when facing a T110E5"
1. nickname for the Jagdpanzer E 100
e.g. "I just got one-shotted by the Death Star"
1. an overconfident tanker who rushes headfirst into the enemy and dies, then complains the team didn't help support.
e.g. "some deer rushed into a group of enemy tanks and died a few seconds later"
1. a short gun with low accuracy and high alpha.
e.g. "I finally got the derp gun for T82"
2. to kill an enemy with one shot.
e.g. "I got derped by the T82"
33.DPM/Damage Per Minute
1. the total amount of damage a tank can deal per minute. i.e. a combination of ROF and alpha.
e.g. "the T-62A has good DPM for such a fast tank"
1. when a perfectly aimed shot randomly veers off-course and misses the target.
e.g. "RNG donked my perfectly aimed shot and I missed"
1. a tanker who makes poor decisions during battle.
e.g. "some donkey sat in the open and took fire from all directions"
1. nickname for the T95.
e.g. "the Doom Turtle may be slow, but it has awesome frontal armor"
1. the geared wheel/s on a tank's tracks that connect to the transmission and provide forward and rearward movement.
e.g. "shoot the drive wheel and immobilize him!"
1. nickname for the M4A3E8 Sherman.
e.g. "we got an Easy 8 comin' in fast"
1. a diagonal formation in which tanks are positioned behind and to the right, or left of the unit ahead.
e.g. "Whenever I push a T95, I employ the echelon formation so I'm protected from incoming fire"
1. nickname for the Ferdinand.
e.g. "there's an Elefant sniping from the far side"
1. a tank that has been fully upgraded.
e.g. "I try not to sell my elite tanks as they are good for earning free experience"
1. various items that can be purchased with credits to permanently increase your tank’s effectiveness in battle. i.e. Additional Grousers, Binocular Telescope, Camouflage Net, CO2 Filled Tanks, Coated Optics, Cyclone Filter, Enhanced Suspension, Improved Ventilation, Spall Liner,Tank Gun Rammer, Toolbox, Vertical Stabilizer, Wet Ammo Rack.
e.g. "I finally have enough credits to purchase some equipment for my T-150"
1. to drive directly into the hull of an enemy and stay there while trading shots, not allowing them to flank or outmaneuver you.
e.g. "I couldn't penetrate the IS-7 because he was facehugging me"
1. when a lower tier tank platoons with a much higher tier tank, thereby entering into a match outside its normal battle tier.
1. to move the targeting reticule in small increments in order to find a shot.
e.g. "I had to feather the reticule to get a shot on the hull down T110E5."
1. nickname for the Ferdinand.
e.g. "I just got sniped by a Ferdi"
1. refers to the side of something.
e.g. "cover the T95's flanks."
2. to maneuver to the side or rear of the enemy in order to create a crossfire.
e.g. "mediums flank to the lighthouse"
1. a clan, led by pickler9ee, that requires members to have a tier six or higher tank, and a win rate of 55% or greater.
e.g. "I saw a FLYNT platoon and ran for the hills"
1. the amount of unique images that are displayed on the screen per second. The higher the number the smoother the gameplay will appear.
e.g. "the game started to get really choppy when my FPS dropped"
1. experience gained from elite or premium tanks that can be used towards unlocking any module or tank, regardless of line.
e.g. "it's a good idea to save up free xp for when you really need an important module"
Edited by thunderthies, 24 November 2014 - 09:43 PM.