Jump to content


WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

definition defined glossary what is explained terms phrases charioteer nerf

  • Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

jensen215_ #61 Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:37 PM

    Scientia Potentia Est

  • Players
  • 13166 battles
  • 1,280
  • [IMPR]
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012

View Postconcep, on 29 October 2014 - 02:26 PM, said:

 

Search bar failed me :(

 

Sign of the Apocalypse 

Commander of The Imperium

We Will Rise Again, The Empire is dead, long live the Empire, The Imperium has risen

Carry a noob and he will have victory for a battle teach a man to carry and he will lead to domination        

                        MLFSiS1.png

                                                                                                                              Click on the CWG Game Guru tag for my Guides


dimzzy #62 Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:15 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39927 battles
  • 4,189
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014
Mods, why http://wiki.wargamin...n/Glossary_(WoT) does not point to this thread?

_S3MPRIAN_ #63 Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:10 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11233 battles
  • 1,948
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

Suggestion:

Roll

verb:to deal a certain amount of damage with a shell

ie: I rolled high on the ISU

noun: the amount of damage dealt with a shell

ie: My roll on the ISU was a high one

 

Tracer: the white line that follows the path of a shell

 

Donkey: a relatively unskillful player who makes poor decisions. (coined by Quickybaby)

 

Oh and also dddqqq is the leader of ATT, not Ender


Edited by _S3MPRIAN_, 04 November 2014 - 03:38 AM.


Verios44 #64 Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:41 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8395 battles
  • 338
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014
Since the Maus lone is coming, how about Mouse?

A nickname for the huge machine, Maus.
 

thunderthies #65 Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:23 PM

    Not a Hoax

  • Club Wargaming
  • 15237 battles
  • 3,870
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View PostVerios44, on 27 October 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:

Vertical Stablizer ( V Stab)

A piece of equipment not allowed on every tank, It increases accuracy during movement and turret traverse, increasing the effectiveness of brawling tanks such as mediums and even heavies like the IS -7.

 

View PostVerios44, on 27 October 2014 - 10:47 PM, said:

My last one for now

Brawl

When two or more tanks fight in close combat, using angling and speed to deflect shots. This is most often done with mediums and a good example is what happens with mediums on Desert Sands.

Heavies are also known to brawl too. Some heavies are even designed for close combat. The only one I can think of right now is the IS-7 and I think E-75.

 

View Postjensen215_, on 29 October 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Tilt -adjective a term used to describe a competent player beginning to perform well below his capability after a bad game or two. 

Ex. The player on tilt kept losing one battle after the other.

 

 

View Post_S3MPRIAN_, on 03 November 2014 - 03:10 AM, said:

Suggestion:

Roll

verb:to deal a certain amount of damage with a shell

ie: I rolled high on the ISU

noun: the amount of damage dealt with a shell

ie: My roll on the ISU was a high one

 

Tracer: the white line that follows the path of a shell

 

Donkey: a relatively unskillful player who makes poor decisions. (coined by Quickybaby)

 

Oh and also dddqqq is the leader of ATT, not Ender

 

View PostVerios44, on 04 November 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

Since the Maus lone is coming, how about Mouse?

A nickname for the huge machine, Maus.

 

Thanks for the valuable additions, tankers! The terms you suggested have been edited into the list and the credits list has been updated as well.


Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels


Verios44 #66 Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:03 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8395 battles
  • 338
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014
Lights

A term used usually used by scouts to say they are keeping enemy tanks spotted easier. This is usually used by organized groups.
 

charlie9797 #67 Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:27 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5703 battles
  • 1,103
  • Member since:
    05-17-2011

Derpmobile

Tank that exceeds handling a derp gun, such as M4 and PzIV


T2 Light =  T34T18 = T82 = M36 Jackson = Pz.38(t) nA = Tiger (P)  = E50=  E75 = Jagdtiger M3 Lend Lease = T-44 Cromwell

Tier Xs - E100

wow


thunderthies #68 Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:27 PM

    Not a Hoax

  • Club Wargaming
  • 15237 battles
  • 3,870
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View PostVerios44, on 07 November 2014 - 06:03 AM, said:

Lights

A term used usually used by scouts to say they are keeping enemy tanks spotted easier. This is usually used by organized groups.

 

View Postcharlie9797, on 07 November 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

Derpmobile

Tank that exceeds handling a derp gun, such as M4 and PzIV

 

Thanks, guys! I'll be adding these in on the next round of edits. 

Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels


_S3MPRIAN_ #69 Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:12 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11233 battles
  • 1,948
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

You have a small grammatical error in the definition of Donkey, nothing big

 

Maybe add

Poke: I'm not really sure what the definition should be but poking is like when you are on one side of a corner and there is an enemy on the other side whit you moving in and out of the enemy's line of fire to make the enemy shoot or to peek a boom

ie: I poked the corner to fool the IS 3 into shooting my track

 

Gun Arc: the amount of degrees a non-turreted tank's gun can traverse without moving the hull

ie: the Object 268 has a small gun arc


Edited by _S3MPRIAN_, 09 November 2014 - 04:21 AM.


thunderthies #70 Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:41 PM

    Not a Hoax

  • Club Wargaming
  • 15237 battles
  • 3,870
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View Post_S3MPRIAN_, on 09 November 2014 - 04:12 AM, said:

You have a small grammatical error in the definition of Donkey, nothing big

 

Maybe add

Poke: I'm not really sure what the definition should be but poking is like when you are on one side of a corner and there is an enemy on the other side whit you moving in and out of the enemy's line of fire to make the enemy shoot or to peek a boom

ie: I poked the corner to fool the IS 3 into shooting my track

 

Gun Arc: the amount of degrees a non-turreted tank's gun can traverse without moving the hull

ie: the Object 268 has a small gun arc

 

Thanks, _S3MPRIAN_. I'll fix the grammatical error and add "gun arc" during the next round of edits. Please let me know if you see any more errors!


Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels


Aivris #71 Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:42 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8126 battles
  • 8,021
  • [PBKAC]
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012

Wow! Awesome thread! I actually only just found out about this thread. Due to my different time zone, I missed this completely back when it was created. 

 

Thanks for the thread. +1 :medal:



thunderthies #72 Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:25 PM

    Not a Hoax

  • Club Wargaming
  • 15237 battles
  • 3,870
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View PostArkioLite324, on 11 November 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

Wow! Awesome thread! I actually only just found out about this thread. Due to my different time zone, I missed this completely back when it was created. 

 

Thanks for the thread. +1 :medal:

 

Thanks, ArkioLite!

Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels


_S3MPRIAN_ #73 Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:44 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11233 battles
  • 1,948
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

Tunnel vision:

Verb

Only paying attention to targets in front of you and not paying attention to the minimap or targets around you

You can decide on a definition with an example of tunnel vision here if you don't like Jingle's


Edited by _S3MPRIAN_, 12 November 2014 - 02:45 AM.


thunderthies #74 Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:49 PM

    Not a Hoax

  • Club Wargaming
  • 15237 battles
  • 3,870
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View Post_S3MPRIAN_, on 12 November 2014 - 02:44 AM, said:

Tunnel vision:

Verb

Only paying attention to targets in front of you and not paying attention to the minimap or targets around you

You can decide on a definition with an example of tunnel vision here if you don't like Jingle's

 

Thanks, _S3MPRIAN_! I'll be updating this list sometime this week and will all the definitions you contributed. Thanks again.


Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels


fugu_face #75 Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:46 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5268 battles
  • 983
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014
Just as an FYI "FTR" can also stand for the FTR blog which is basically a news site for WoT PC.

Proud community pledge signer

The master of extreme ping

Medium addict and gold spammer

"This brew is making me belch flame, hey I could use that!"


thunderthies #76 Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:21 AM

    Not a Hoax

  • Club Wargaming
  • 15237 battles
  • 3,870
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View Postfugu_face, on 13 November 2014 - 11:46 PM, said:

Just as an FYI "FTR" can also stand for the FTR blog which is basically a news site for WoT PC.

 

Right on, fugu. Thanks for the heads up. 

Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels


thunderthies #77 Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:16 AM

    Not a Hoax

  • Club Wargaming
  • 15237 battles
  • 3,870
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

Hi everyone,

 

I just updated the definitions list as well as the credits list. If I left anything out, please let me know. 

 

And of course, thanks again for the many contributions! :honoring:

 

My best,

 

Thunder


Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels


fugu_face #78 Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:15 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5268 battles
  • 983
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014
"Ping Spike" when your ping randomly jumps up for a (generally short) period of time. 

Proud community pledge signer

The master of extreme ping

Medium addict and gold spammer

"This brew is making me belch flame, hey I could use that!"


thunderthies #79 Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

    Not a Hoax

  • Club Wargaming
  • 15237 battles
  • 3,870
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View Postfugu_face, on 14 November 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

"Ping Spike" when your ping randomly jumps up for a (generally short) period of time. 

 

Nice, fugu. Thanks. I'll add this to the next round of edits. 

Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels


Corn_Pop #80 Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:35 AM

    I Blame Rocket

  • Players
  • 17079 battles
  • 3,794
  • [SCSC]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

Evening reset.

Feb. 5, 2018

Blitz has turned into a total cluster fûck of biblical fûcking proportions. 

WG has literally àss ràped the golden goose. They have breach raped it’s long term customer base.

WG has ruined a fûcking epic game by pandering to rètards. If you can’t achieve a 55%wr, I would say it’s ok to bash your head in with a baseball bat. Kill your parents, just so they don’t reproduce.

Fück Off WG. You greedy côck sucking, hiv infested, fletch tube sucking, toothless, 5 penny [edited].

Oh. Go eat a basket of dîcks too.

 


Edited by r0cKeT, 06 February 2018 - 06:26 PM.






Also tagged with definition, defined, glossary, what is, explained, terms, phrases, charioteer, nerf

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users