Why the MT-25 has a 'worse' suspension/tracks upgrade.

MT-25 Suspension tracks

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Putins_Chariot #1 Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:47 PM

Admiral Kitty

• Players
  • 22246 battles

First off, most of you all already know a lot of this. Im posting this guide/explanation for the newer guys who lurk around looking for honest answers. 

Many of you noticed how the MT-25s suspension upgrade (mt-25 to mt25 reinforced) lowers the traverse (deg/sec). ON a basic stat level, it appears as though you may be paying xp for a downgrade. ost people chose to skip over this upgrade and head straight for LTTB but that may not be the case. Though the newer suspension does give less degrees of traverse, there are other (mostly hidden) benefits it does provide, and there is a justified reason why it is less.

First off, the reason that it is less. Stats of tanks in Blitz are mirrored mostly and as closely as possible to their counterparts on the original game, WoT PC. In the pc version, there are extra modules, namely the radio. Maps are so big that staying in contact with your allies becomes a factor/mechanic in game. Thats bedsides the point. The main idea is, the maximum weight you can put on your tank is a limit. Most stock tanks can not mount all their top modules and equipment on the tank without researching the tracks first. For example, I have my ISU in pc wot. I cannot mount a rammer and the top bl10 gun unless I research and equip the suspension upgrade first. (I had to go rammer+stock gun>tracks>bl10). The point is, the tracks do less because they are designed to carry more. (In PC) you have the choice of better traverse, or an extra few tons of stuff to put on your tank. In the end its all just a balancing factor. Now the smarter folks out there will recall that there is a weight limit stat. That is irrelevant and does not change with any tank. so dont get your panties in a frizzle over that. 

But wait there's more!

There are numerous advantages to having the upgraded tracks. Most are hidden so this is 90% guess (can never be positive). The first one is in the name. The suspension is now reinforced. Going down a slight hill in MT25 will break your tracks. I usually am careful of these things and I am cracking tracks left and right in this rig. This also means it takes a smaller calliber shell to break or damage your tracks. Tracks have their own HP and the reinforced ones have less hp than the maxed ones. (Module hp is its own google search). In addition, suspension also helps with firing iirc. As a light tank it is likely that a lot of your firing will be on the move. The tracks upgrade helps with that as well. 

In the end, they both help in different areas. I tried to be as un-biased as I could when writing this. As of now I am using the stock tracks, but that is because I have yet to get the xp for the final engine upgrade. There is no better answer. Just like the gun choice, its whichever one clicks with you and your playstyle.:)

itsnotpersonal #2 Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:51 PM

It's just business

• Players
  • 23350 battles
  • [ASYLM]
I researched the tracks and have noticed downhill and turning speed has indeed increased. Stats in tree may be a glitch.IMO.

ASYLUM

Bronyman50 #3 Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:15 PM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 26568 battles
  • [PURPL]

View Postitsnotpersonal, on 26 September 2016 - 07:51 AM, said:

I researched the tracks and have noticed downhill and turning speed has indeed increased. Stats in tree may be a glitch.IMO.

It's not the tank traverse rate changing its the ground resistances. Even if you have bad traverse rate but good ground resistances it'll still turn nicely. An example would be the Black Prince. It has 18 degrees but had amazing resistances. So it feels like it turns quickly for 18 degrees

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

_CH3F #4 Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 58928 battles
  • [L0VED]
It was a mistake on their end, I wouldn't doubt it if they end up fixing that.

__Crusader6__ #5 Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:37 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59543 battles
  • [-C6-]
Tank plays a lot better w/o the 'upgraded' tracks.  

Tank Hoarder: 383 tanks in Garage:  375/385 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

batteriesincluded #6 Posted 26 September 2016 - 02:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17513 battles
  • [_V_]
My sheets say it has better terrain resist

Leopard_________________ #7 Posted 26 September 2016 - 02:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11332 battles
It's not better. Don't try to justify it. Traverse is bad. They make mistakes all the time. Don't make it sound like they actually calibrate these soft and hard numbers. I am convinced it's mostly copy and paste from PC and sometimes they even flip numbers because they can't do data entry.

flamingsword1 #8 Posted 26 September 2016 - 02:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10729 battles

View Postchefejl74, on 26 September 2016 - 08:34 AM, said:

It was a mistake on their end, I wouldn't doubt it if they end up fixing that.

View Postbrick_tank, on 26 September 2016 - 09:34 AM, said:

It's not better. Don't try to justify it. Traverse is bad. They make mistakes all the time. Don't make it sound like they actually calibrate these soft and hard numbers. I am convinced it's mostly copy and paste from PC and sometimes they even flip numbers because they can't do data entry.

View Posthustleb0nes, on 21 September 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

Thanks for your feedback guys, we're all well aware that there have been some hiccups with update 3.1 and we're working on relaying all of your reports to our dev team.

With that, I have an update to share with you all on some additional issues that have been confirmed by our development team as well a touching up on the things that we've been noticing are being discussed in the forums:

1. Supremacy Mode Battle Missions - We received confirmation from our dev team that there is currently an issue with after battle results showing 0 points seized from the enemy team. As a result, we noted that several of you have submitted tickets to us about being unable to complete Supremacy Mode Battle Missions that require you seize victory points from the enemy team. This issue will be resolved in the next hotfix for the update which typically occur during routine server maintenance.
  2. Getting stuck at "Synchronizing Store" - This issue should have been resolved with a hotfix that was deployed on 9/17/16 during server maintenance
  3. Lag Issues - I know that a majority of you have pointed out that these problems still have not been resolved despite the hotfix that occurred. As Ratbat mentioned in this thread previously, we're doing all we can to let our dev team know that issues persist. All I ask is that you continue to remain patient as you all have been and once additional fixes have been deployed announcements will be made.
  4. MT-25 Track Issue - I've reached out to individuals that are in frequent contact with our development team and they've confirmed that this is a UI issue. Much like the small hiccup with the Type 59 and it's standard shell damage statistics when 3.1 was released our dev team has confirmed that using the upgraded tracks on the MT-25 will net you improved maneuverability in-game. This information is just not accurately reflected in the tanks statistics obviously. More info to come on when you can expect this UI issue to be resolved.
  5. The M48 Patton XP Compensation Issues - I can't say much on this matter however please know that we're listening to all those who are being vocal about the unfairness of receiving XP for the Patton itself instead of Free XP. Know that we're lobbying alternative avenues to help you all out but it's going to take some time. For any updates on this regard I will be sure to post future announcements here.
  6. Chat defaulting to Clan Chat instead of Platoon Chat - I've brought this issue up to our dev team but unfortunately haven't heard any updates on this issue in particular. Again as with all other issues we're tracking please lookout for an update from me on this one as well. 

That's all I have for this update. Again, thanks for all the feedback so far and I will be sure to keep you all posted on any other developments.

-hustleb0nes

Yeah... sorry you had to write a whole essay about that OP lol

Join us on discord for epic countdowns, top-notch strategy, and a chill community! 

Pittoors_ #9 Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:07 PM

Killer Queen has already touched this forum title

• Players
  • 35354 battles
  • [MAHOU]
The maxed tracks do improve the terrain resistances, increase tracks's HP and dispersion values on the move. It's worth it.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Pittoors_

Current garage: M48A1 Patton, IS-4, T110E5, E 50 Ausf. M, Leopard 1, T-62A, M46 Patton, T54E1, IS-8, IS-5, IS-6, Rheinmetall Borsig Waffentrager, T49, T23E3Type 62, Helsing, T-34-1, Kuro Mori MineAC IV Sentinel, SU-100YStridsvagn 74A2, Panzer IV Anko SP, Churchill III, T-34, Hetzer Kame SP, A-32, DW 2, Panzer S35, BT-SV, BT-7 Artillery, SU-76i, T-15M3 LightT2 LightT7 Combat CarLight Mk. VIC.

Steel_Kills #10 Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17877 battles

For the record, the traverse speed numbers given in the UI are correct.  The upgraded tracks take longer to perform a 360º hull rotation and have a larger turn radius.

View PostBlartch, on 15 September 2016 - 05:15 PM, said:

I think there's an effect... the upgraded tracks "feel" more maneuverable because it doesn't seem to bleed as much speed in turns.

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/60993-mt-25-upgraded-tracks-were-being-punkd/

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/60959-mt-25-tracks/#topmost

Edited by Steel_Kills, 26 September 2016 - 04:41 PM.

reluctanttheist #11 Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:34 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25454 battles
  • [III-H]
Hilariously, WG has said it IS a typo and that the tracks DO upgrade your mobility.  There's even a post from Sly or Ratbat here somewhere...

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

Lephturn #12 Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]
http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/61070-update-31-current-issues-whats-been-fixed-and-what-were-currently-taking-a-look-at/

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

flamingsword1 #13 Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10729 battles

View Postreluctanttheist, on 26 September 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

Hilariously, WG has said it IS a typo and that the tracks DO upgrade your mobility.  There's even a post from Sly or Ratbat here somewhere...

yeah, already quoted it above 

Join us on discord for epic countdowns, top-notch strategy, and a chill community! 

Leopard_________________ #14 Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11332 battles
I know A LOT of people try to justify the second track as an "upgrade" but WG is actually downgrading the first track in 3.2.

Edited by brick_tank, 29 September 2016 - 05:36 PM.

farble1670 #15 Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:11 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14780 battles

View Post_1204_, on 26 September 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

First off, most of you all already know a lot of this. Im posting this guide/explanation for the newer guys who lurk around looking for honest answers. 

Many of you noticed how the MT-25s suspension upgrade (mt-25 to mt25 reinforced) lowers the traverse (deg/sec). ON a basic stat level, it appears as though you may be paying xp for a downgrade. ost people chose to skip over this upgrade and head straight for LTTB but that may not be the case. Though the newer suspension does give less degrees of traverse, there are other (mostly hidden) benefits it does provide, and there is a justified reason why it is less.

First off, the reason that it is less. Stats of tanks in Blitz are mirrored mostly and as closely as possible to their counterparts on the original game, WoT PC. In the pc version, there are extra modules, namely the radio. Maps are so big that staying in contact with your allies becomes a factor/mechanic in game. Thats bedsides the point. The main idea is, the maximum weight you can put on your tank is a limit. Most stock tanks can not mount all their top modules and equipment on the tank without researching the tracks first. For example, I have my ISU in pc wot. I cannot mount a rammer and the top bl10 gun unless I research and equip the suspension upgrade first. (I had to go rammer+stock gun>tracks>bl10). The point is, the tracks do less because they are designed to carry more. (In PC) you have the choice of better traverse, or an extra few tons of stuff to put on your tank. In the end its all just a balancing factor. Now the smarter folks out there will recall that there is a weight limit stat. That is irrelevant and does not change with any tank. so dont get your panties in a frizzle over that. 

But wait there's more!

There are numerous advantages to having the upgraded tracks. Most are hidden so this is 90% guess (can never be positive). The first one is in the name. The suspension is now reinforced. Going down a slight hill in MT25 will break your tracks. I usually am careful of these things and I am cracking tracks left and right in this rig. This also means it takes a smaller calliber shell to break or damage your tracks. Tracks have their own HP and the reinforced ones have less hp than the maxed ones. (Module hp is its own google search). In addition, suspension also helps with firing iirc. As a light tank it is likely that a lot of your firing will be on the move. The tracks upgrade helps with that as well. 

In the end, they both help in different areas. I tried to be as un-biased as I could when writing this. As of now I am using the stock tracks, but that is because I have yet to get the xp for the final engine upgrade. There is no better answer. Just like the gun choice, its whichever one clicks with you and your playstyle.:)

Hidden stats. Whatever. You have to question the logic of adding an upgrade with no listed statistical increase. That's just a crap thing to do.

__Crusader6__ #16 Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:37 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59543 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 26 September 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

Odd that it was tested in a TR and found they don't...

Tank Hoarder: 383 tanks in Garage:  375/385 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

michaeltsoon #17 Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:29 PM

No.1 Gold-Slinging Unicum

• Players
  • 35896 battles
  • [HATED]
So who's right here?! Already got the second tracks, never equipped it though. However if it can make my experience/gameplay in this POS tank I'll gladly equip it.

Data/Video Analyof [HATED] - Hated for a reason.

Founder of [PZ3] - Always Loyal, Always Fighting, Always Courageous. PZ3 will carry!

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left" - Bertrand Russell 

My stats

Also tagged with MT-25, Suspension, tracks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users