Why all British heavies suck alot on battlefield except conqueror ?

Conqueror Heavy line British Bad Blitz Churchil Black prince Cenavanon Fv215b

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

anonym_is9SLlXKWnO8 #1 Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

Once look at my battle results on these British heavy tank line.  See that screenshot .

To complete British heavies line it   take 3 month for me . Too horrible match making every time.  I spend  290 battles on black prince to get Carnarvon tank . 

No tank is scare from this black prince . Medium tanks circle it easily.  The match makes always put with noobs when ever I try to play with these tanks.  

The Churchill 1 is OK for its tier 5 but black prince and Carnarvon tanks are horrible.  Tier 7 can penetrate it's frontal armour . Even tier7 medium tanks got better Alfa damage than Carnarvon .

Many battles Alfa damage is everything  for a tank ,this why is3/is6 tanks are playing a dominating role at tier 8.  

Until I reached tier 9 and unlock the conqueror 500 Alfa gun these things happening every time whenever I play with British heavies.  

Later I unlock the fv215b , this a another terrible tank that got its gun on back side of tank . It's always catches fire and got  ammo rack damage .

Fv215b got good armour on its torrent but it's hard to shoot your enemy without showing your front .you can't even side scrape with fv215b because it's sides are weak.  You can't even move forward carefully . So much painful tank that is . Sometimes you can't even snipe also . I don't know why it's gun mounted on back side of tank which gives me trouble to hulldown . 

The only advantage of fv215b is meds can't able to circle this tank easily and this tank very good against medium tanks. You have enough time to put 2 shots on enemy team since it's reload is very fast.

I don't know whether it's problem with tank or with blitz small maps .

After playing with every tank in British line .I found that British heavies always sucks except conqueror and Churchill 1 .

Why don't the developer increase its Alfa damage at least . 

___Chimera #2 Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26361 battles
  • [PRAMO]

Armor on the Churchill Mk VI and Black Prince is one of the best tier for tier, you just can't reliably pen the hull or turret unless you aim lower glacis, which is really really small.

Caernavon I will agree isn't very good.

Don't know enough about the 215B to post a reliable opinion.

Mmmm, I like fishyysss...

dimzzy #3 Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39956 battles
  • [-1]

Church I is OP (80% WR for me), Black Prince is not bad at all. I don't have FV yet but the gun is very promising.

ahredstealth #4 Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:30 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

Churchill is a pretty solid tank.

I don't remember having to much of an issue with the Black Prince, especially after 1/1 match making.

All of the slow British tanks I thought got a huge buff in 1/1 because they lost the severe problem of the tanks two levels higher then them being able to both circle them, and go through the armor with ease...

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

MarBearCat #5 Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:39 PM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22495 battles
  • [SDWA]

I'm 9-5 in Churchill VII

but mostly use it in platoon.

955 avg damage 64% survived

All 9 wins I survived.

When I step into tier

7 tanks its a whole 

different story. :(

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

Zip_Zip #6 Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43386 battles
  • [SPUDX]

FV215b is a good tank. There are more effective heavies in game however with solid dpm and gun handling if its played second line similar to the Conq it can be very effective. The top plate at an angle is very tough to pen. With the lower plate hidden at medium and long ranges the FV is tough to pen and the gun can cut everything to pieces. It is certainly more difficult to play than an E5 or IS7 but I would not for a second consider it a bad tank.

At the end of the day its the driver that makes the difference. Blaming the tank is a weak excuse.

I should point out that the op in an earlier post also was saying the M46 Patton is a poor tank. I only point this out so readers of this post can consider the source a bit before coming to any conclusions.

Always remember, wherever you go, there you are...

164 tanks mastered // Have tanks, will battle // Click here for my youtube channel 

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #7 Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:56 PM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 56600 battles
  • [RNSF]

because the all have soft hulls and only the conqueror has a gun that makes up for it in a position thats easy to use. 

i was terrible and a scrub in all my british tanks though. obvs just lack skill.

#2 TOG pilot (na) (retired)

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 January 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

when I’m tired I think I’m good.

Blartch #8 Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:56 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 64458 battles
  • [BRSKT]
They're all horrible, except the Churchill I, and Black Prince, and Caernarvon, and Conqueror, and FV215b

ThemasterTanker1 #9 Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:03 PM

No, this is Patrick

• Players
  • 18745 battles
  • [CRATE]
Tier 7 and up are all relatively good, especially the Conq and 215b.

Swanky

_DragonKRIEG #10 Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:26 PM

LetsMakeTheForumsBurnSomeMore

• Players
  • 31475 battles
  • [RGN]

Let's just say the British heavies generally are not very friendly tanks but in the other hand are extremely rewarding. 4/6 of the British heavies I throughly enjoyed (the only better ratio is the American heavies, of those 6 only the M6 I despised out of an enjoyably line) The Chuchill I, I didn't really like because the turret was so horrifically bad even when angled and wiggled it's still paper, the Caernarvon now that was just a sh!t tank. Churchill I is a tier 5 so I'm not really going to talk about it since its at an irrelevant tier, the Caernarvon is so trash and outclassed it should've been a really fat tier 7 prem if there was any alternative.

The armor well high tier British heavies have questionable armor and Caer is no different. Lower plate, trash. Turret, pretty good but everything that's not the mantlet is pretty easy to pen. Upper plate, acceptable against AP, face hugging it will negate the slope. Mobility, average.

The gun on the other hand it's what separates it from Conq and 215b. The later 2 tanks have great guns which make the tanks worthwhile. Caernarvon's 20 pdr is literally a bumped down version of a Centurion I's gun mounted on a paper chassis and not very fast. There's no reason to ever pick a Caernarvon over a Centurion I. 

Conqueror is great tank overall, that's all that needs to be said.

FV215b is an interesting one. With the HEAT rebalance the side skirts aren't cosmetic dead weight anymore and will eat up HEAT. It's got a rear mounted turret, sure, but you just have to get used to it. It's by no means an easy tank (go play an IS-7) to play but it's far more rewarding if you know what you're doing. 

Posit1ve_ #11 Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:02 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 61010 battles
  • [_V_]

IMO, the American heavies have the Brits beat on nearly every tier starting with tier VII

The T29 is quicker, just as tough, and has better alpha and pen then the BP

The T32 is just as quick, much tougher, and has better alpha, and DPM than the Caern

The M103 has much better armor and more gun depression than conq whilst having only a slightly worse gun, making it far more flexible

The T110E5 is also much better amored and faster with more gun depression, and a center mounted turret when compared to the FV-215(b)

336 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

Doc_01_ #12 Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14001 battles
It's not the tanks it's the way WG NERFS the players not the tanks 

They_See_Me_Tog #13 Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Banned
  • 5 battles
If you suck, the tank you are driving will suck to

Edited by They_See_Me_Tog, 27 September 2016 - 09:20 PM.

CEOofCoronaVirus #14 Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:22 PM

Casual Coffee drinking tanker

• Players
  • 18273 battles
The churchill 1 WAS good,the churchill 7 was AMAZING at tier 6 games,and the BlackPrince Is a freaking Tier 7 MAUS,always angle your Blackprince's armor in a 45ish degree and hide the lower glacis and boom,you are a freaking maus.I would grind the British heavies til BlackPrince anytime!!
Uhhhhh burgers are just sandwiches that are round

KempBushThe3rd #15 Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:28 PM

How to Git Gud, Step 1: Don't spawn on the wrong team.

• Players
  • 15649 battles
  • [SEAL]

And while we are on this topic, let's buff the T110E5's alpha (learn to spell) to 1400.

British heavy tanks have certain features that make it really rewarding to play. Churchill 7, it's the fairly good frontal armor. BP, it's the turret and 8 degrees of gun depression, Caernarvon... let's not talk about that, Conqueror has an amazing gun, and the FV215b also has an amazing gun, can sidescrape, and has nice DPM.

At least that's how I see it... I didn't get any of them yet.

WARNING: The player "KempBushThe3rd" is no longer active. This is the last message he has left us:

"I've supported this game for too long. There are too many frustrations with playing this game. And I believe that it's not worth playing anymore. This is not because of Update 3.8. I have been losing interest in this game for a while now. I believe that it is time for me to put the game down and finally move on with life. A big thanks to the forums for helping me on the road to 60%, and sometimes giving me a good laugh. o7."

unknowntankkiller #16 Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:32 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7538 battles
  • [A-U]
The Churchill VII and the Black prince have outstanding armor for their tier but both have terrible guns, yes they have fast reload but avg damage is only around 100-200 and the pen isn't the best. But overall they are great tanks.

Doc_01_ #17 Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14001 battles
Like I said WG can nerf or buff an individual just as they can the tanks computer game they have the controls.

DerpytrollerZ #18 Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10137 battles
  • [CYCLN]
The Matilda is the AT2 of tier 4

F*** WG am i right?

ufddd #19 Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6331 battles
I liked the Caenarvon. It's like a Centurion I but with a better gun and without the speed to get you into trouble. 

anonym_is9SLlXKWnO8 #20 Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostTheFluffyPinkDragon, on 28 September 2016 - 01:56 AM, said:

Let's just say the British heavies generally are not very friendly tanks but in the other hand are extremely rewarding. 4/6 of the British heavies I throughly enjoyed (the only better ratio is the American heavies, of those 6 only the M6 I despised out of an enjoyably line) The Chuchill I, I didn't really like because the turret was so horrifically bad even when angled and wiggled it's still paper, the Caernarvon now that was just a sh!t tank. Churchill I is a tier 5 so I'm not really going to talk about it since its at an irrelevant tier, the Caernarvon is so trash and outclassed it should've been a really fat tier 7 prem if there was any alternative.

The armor well high tier British heavies have questionable armor and Caer is no different. Lower plate, trash. Turret, pretty good but everything that's not the mantlet is pretty easy to pen. Upper plate, acceptable against AP, face hugging it will negate the slope. Mobility, average.

The gun on the other hand it's what separates it from Conq and 215b. The later 2 tanks have great guns which make the tanks worthwhile. Caernarvon's 20 pdr is literally a bumped down version of a Centurion I's gun mounted on a paper chassis and not very fast. There's no reason to ever pick a Caernarvon over a Centurion I. 

Conqueror is great tank overall, that's all that needs to be said.

FV215b is an interesting one. With the HEAT rebalance the side skirts aren't cosmetic dead weight anymore and will eat up HEAT. It's got a rear mounted turret, sure, but you just have to get used to it. It's by no means an easy tank (go play an IS-7) to play but it's far more rewarding if you know what you're doing. 

That video ia for PC version of wot . 

But blitz got small maps and only 7 players  to play . How can u compare same things Gina happen in blitz also . For blitz it's completely a different story. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users