• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

ScumbagJuJu #61 Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:59 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 22314 battles
  • [PURPL]

View Post___ez_e___, on 04 October 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

Fessing up that your clan got a free pass to round 3.

Yes it clearly state 12 invite teams, but that just means a spot is reserved for one of the 512 teams.  There no indication of anything more.

There is no indication that I see that says 12 invite teams automatically advance to round 3. (Please show me that statement)  Full disclosure and transparency would have had explicitly written that the 12 teams get to advance to round 3.

Point me to where it says the 12 invite teams get to advance to round 3 without fielding a team or even competing.

ScumbagJuJu-I'm a man of principles and this bugs me.  The best analogy is that you need to think of your clan as the 1%.  It's NEVER good to cater to the 1%.  That is exactly what has happened.

Hope you can understand the view of the 99%ers.  lol

If you have something to say you can PM me. Sly would like to stay on topic!

___ez_e___ #62 Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 48810 battles
  • [SF]

View PostScumbagJuJu, on 04 October 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

If you have something to say you can PM me. Sly would like to stay on topic!

I am on topic.  I'm providing constructive feedback on how to be transparent and that appearing to cater to the top 1% (even if well intended for the tournament) was a bad idea.

You seem to be in every thread defending the tournament.  Honestly your vehement defense of the tournament along with the fact your clan is 1 of the 12 with the free pass to round three and with your failure to directly say "Yes, my team got a free pass to round 3"  seems biased and self interested more then anything (Even if that is not the case-just an FYI).

ScumbagJuJu #63 Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:34 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 22314 battles
  • [PURPL]

View Post___ez_e___, on 04 October 2016 - 03:18 PM, said:

I am on topic.  I'm providing constructive feedback on how to be transparent and that appearing to cater to the top 1% (even if well intended for the tournament) was a bad idea.

You seem to be in every thread defending the tournament.  Honestly your vehement defense of the tournament along with the fact your clan is 1 of the 12 with the free pass to round three and with your failure to directly say "Yes, my team got a free pass to round 3"  seems biased and self interested more then anything (Even if that is not the case-just an FYI).

Maybe I don't want to get into it here because sly asked to stay on topic! You personally singling me out will cause this go off topic.

I already stated that my team got a pass to round 3! I also stated that this is common practice in every Esport in the entire world. I did not make the decision to give my team a pass. So singling me out as if it was on me, you can suck my kiss(Red Hot Chili Peppers anyone?)! This is a competitive tournament. It is in every sense meant to cater the the top 1%. As for being empathetic to the 99% of players, I very much am. I used to be "Green and blue" in stats. I have lived that life. Also every competition this game has had caters to the 99% with no skill involved whatsoever. The top 1% finally get a competition for the top 1% and people complain. It is laughable.

From my standpoint and the timing I am defending the tournament because what Sly has done with the timing he was given. Again this is the 1st competition to cater to the 1% so of course I am all for it!

Edited by ScumbagJuJu, 04 October 2016 - 09:41 PM.

___ez_e___ #64 Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 48810 battles
  • [SF]

View PostScumbagJuJu, on 04 October 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

Maybe I don't want to get into it here because sly asked to stay on topic! You personally singling me out will cause this go off topic.

I already stated that my team got a pass to round 3! I also stated that this is common practice in every Esport in the entire world. I did not make the decision to give my team a pass. So singling me out as if it was on me, you can suck my kiss(Red Hot Chili Peppers anyone?)! This is a competitive tournament. It is in every sense meant to cater the the top 1%. As for being empathetic to the 99% of players, I very much am. I used to be "Green and blue" in stats. I have lived that life. Also every competition this game has had caters to the 99% with no skill involved whatsoever. The top 1% finally get a competition for the top 1% and people complain. It is laughable.

From my standpoint and the timing I am defending the tournament because what Sly has done with the timing he was given. Again this is the 1st competition to cater to the 1% so of course I am all for it!

It was not my intention to single you out, but everyone can see that you probably have the highest post counts in all twister cup threads defending the tournament.

You made yourself the defacto voice of the tournament besides WG.

All anyone can ask for is FULL transparency.  That is my constructive criticism.

I absolutely have no quarrel with you.  My apologies for hard feelings.

Edited by ___ez_e___, 04 October 2016 - 09:55 PM.

ScumbagJuJu #65 Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:57 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 22314 battles
  • [PURPL]

View Post___ez_e___, on 04 October 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

It was not my intention to single you out, but everyone can see that you probably have the highest post counts in all twister cup defending the tournament.

You made yourself the defacto voice of the tournament besides WG.

All anyone can ask for is FULL transparency.  That is my constructive criticism.

I absolutely have no quarrel with you.  My apologies for hard feelings.

I can agree with that. I cannot speak on behalf of WG but from what I have heard this seemed to be dropped into Sly and the NA teams lap last minute. I think for the amount of time they were given and the way things went down they have done the best job they can. Not to mention the test tournament provided some data but not near enough to help them for see the amount of AFK teams and some other issues. While this is the tournament of all tournaments at the moment, it is still very much on the fly and under testing it seems.

molotovbomber #66 Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16981 battles
  • [PRAMO]
I'll be honest. In my opinion, (and idc what my teammates think) we shouldve started from the beginning like every other team. In my mind i believe this didnt seem fully fair. But I respect wg decisions, and im sure they have their reasonable reasons. Look on bright side. Our team may have less prep towards the tournament since we r going in late. (I stress that may really lightly). 

Turd___Ferguson #67 Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:22 PM

3.8 Wrecked Blitz

• Players
  • 35903 battles
  • [38SUX]

View Post___ez_e___, on 04 October 2016 - 03:40 PM, said:

Fessing up that your clan got a free pass to round 3.

Yes it clearly state 12 invite teams, but that just means a spot is reserved for one of the 512 teams.  There no indication of anything more.

There is no indication that I see that says 12 invite teams automatically advance to round 3. (Please show me that statement)  Full disclosure and transparency would have had explicitly written that the 12 teams get to advance to round 3.

Point me to where it says the 12 invite teams get to advance to round 3 without fielding a team or even competing.

ScumbagJuJu-I'm a man of principles and this bugs me.  The best analogy is that you need to think of your clan as the 1%.  It's NEVER good to cater to the 1%.  That is exactly what has happened.

Hope you can understand the view of the 99%ers.  lol

:popcorn:

i actually dont don't have an issue with the bypass forthis  tourney. Here's why:

- WG has made this tourney a "world championship" where the best team actually gets flown and put up to represent the platform, not just the region. Now WG wants to make sure that the winner actually is among the best, so great teams get a pass. That's business and I get it for this tournament. (I have a bigger issue that the first large scale tourney had such high stakes). 

- every team has less than a 0.25% chance of winning the whole thing, and that's before adjusting for skills. The average clans likelihood of my clan winning the whole was low. I was more hoping for some free premium time and gold. By excluding 12 unicum teams my chances of winning lower tier prizes is actually higher (that's in theory considering we got dq in the first round because we weren't allowed to fight)

you could easily argue that if these groups do represent the best of the best, they should have sailed through, which also means that their automatic status really isn't that big of a deal. Now if clans get preferential treatment for future tourneys that's a problem. 

The phantom of the forums

“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.” - George S. Patton

I don't always eat tacos, but when I do they're from here: http://www.districttaco.com

Turd___Ferguson #68 Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:32 PM

3.8 Wrecked Blitz

• Players
  • 35903 battles
  • [38SUX]

View Postmolotovbomber, on 04 October 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

I'll be honest. In my opinion, (and idc what my teammates think) we shouldve started from the beginning like every other team. In my mind i believe this didnt seem fully fair. But I respect wg decisions, and im sure they have their reasonable reasons. Look on bright side. Our team may have less prep towards the tournament since we r going in late. (I stress that may really lightly). 

thanks for your honesty. 

The phantom of the forums

“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.” - George S. Patton

I don't always eat tacos, but when I do they're from here: http://www.districttaco.com

NsidiousOne #69 Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 800 battles
  • [LXE]

Honestly, War Gaming should stick to making partially broken video games and hire a outside organization to develop and manage the tournaments. Also, there is nothing wrong with slowing down and getting it right the first time. This Twister Cup tournament is just as broken as this game.

Finally, now we have wired/strange tanks in game. I guess other platforms are getting too competitive.....

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users