• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

CC_Sly #21 Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:04 PM

Community Lead

• Administrator
  • 3091 battles
  • [WGA]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 03 October 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

So, in your view, WG launching this with a single test has worked out swell? Read between the lines in Sly's post and it is clear that WG HQ pushed this out way too early. Add in the lack of uniformity of rules amongst the servers and its obvious feedback from the players in this tournament should be welcomed, not called off as useless.

Teams not even being able to fight for an entire round? That is a broken event.

The problem with this whole thing is the stakes make it unchangeable, but its a beta tournament. I think Sly had this thing dumped on him as WG rolled this out and got caught flatfooted.

Also, ScumbagJuJu, are you on the team getting a pass on the prelims? No issue with the bye, but it is ridiculous for you to come in here telling everyone to shut up when these people actually experienced the issues with the tournament.

All feedback is welcome and encouraged. Please - let me know what you liked, didn't like, would like changed. All of it is valuable. I'd ask people try and be constructive about it.  

FORMER

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

Ookla_the_Mok #22 Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:25 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 21760 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Sly, this is getting off track from this tournament but thoughts are thoughts:

My clan was had no interest in this tournament due to the tight scheduling windows, so I'm watching it all with an eye toward the future.

My dream would be if WG opens up the tournament feature to player-run versions. 

Lets say I could fund a tournament by buying ten bucks worth of gold as prizes. This would allow me to invite 8 people to form teams (7 + many alternates, tier chosen by sponsor) and chose windows of time in which battles would occur (presumably by talking with the team leaders beforehand). From there, the tournament format of WG handles the rest as far as matchups, reporting,etc. This could be run over a weekend for small events or over a month for larger events. 

Pretty quick, I would see great opportunities for clan challenges and mini clan wars. 

DenverCMe_defender #23 Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:26 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18059 battles
  • [_NME_]

View PostBrundog, on 03 October 2016 - 02:50 PM, said:

yeah i pretty much agree with this.  I figured most games would be a draws in the 1st round, I just thought my own team would at least show up.

I hear ya brother.  Win, lose or draw we were looking forward most to playing you guys and AFK.

DenverCMe_defender #24 Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:29 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18059 battles
  • [_NME_]

View PostCC_Sly, on 03 October 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

Round 2 should be up! I had to manually go through and double check for AFK teams to parse them out. 

Window will be what is written - if anything it will be shorter.

For this stage the top 2 teams from each bracket will advance! 

Never mind..

Edited by DenverCMe_defender, 03 October 2016 - 09:32 PM.

CC_Sly #25 Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:34 PM

Community Lead

• Administrator
  • 3091 battles
  • [WGA]

View PostDenverCMe_defender, on 03 October 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

-snip-

The top team from each group in the First stage advanced. (Minues total AFK groups)

This gave us 47 teams. We need to bring it down to 16. 47 / 16 = 2.9375. Meaning 2-3 teams per group if I were to take the top team for my 16 groups. Too small for a round robin.

So we up it to 2 teams per group and increase group size. 47 / 8 = 5.875. Meaning 5-6 teams for a group if I had 8 groups and took the top 2 teams from each to get my 16. This is what is happening. 

FORMER

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Ausf_G #26 Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41115 battles
  • [11TH]

View PostBrundog, on 03 October 2016 - 01:50 PM, said:

yeah i pretty much agree with this.  I figured most games would be a draws in the 1st round, I just thought my own team would at least show up.

ya was disappointed not to see your full team we trained the map just for the battles vs SRT and AFK. 

Commander of the 11TH Panzer Division. vom Führer Genehmigt

Ha! Derging voll durch ihre panzerung

Der steht in Flammen! 

Hope I dont catch a ban for this post.

___ez_e___ #27 Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 51184 battles
  • [GORT]

View PostCC_Sly, on 03 October 2016 - 04:04 PM, said:

All feedback is welcome and encouraged. Please - let me know what you liked, didn't like, would like changed. All of it is valuable. I'd ask people try and be constructive about it.

I don't like that any team got a free pass to round 3.

Was that even mentions in the rules?  Why not?

It smells of nepotism anyway you cut it.   

We can all say that the super unicum clan would beat x team, but until those teams actually have 7 team members available and compete, we really don't know who will win, lose, or draw.

It's as if you gave (put in your favorite football team) a playoff spot without the season even starting or any team even competing.

MRobertsRCS #28 Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:00 PM

Supreme Fettuccini

• Players
  • 24074 battles
  • [501ST]

I appreciate the transparency and willingness to gather feedback to make things better moving forward.

Bottom line for me is it was all about the clan v clan battles.  We knew the rules and had every intention of fielding 7 players.  When our 7th was unable to make it, we were bummed to have to just watch a clock count down to DQ.  Especially with so many online and available from our clan.  Once we did get our 7th, it didn't change much as we still spent the time watching a clock countdown as the other team was short.  I would have loved to play any of those battles anyway, even if they didn't count, just for the experience.  In the end, our first battle was the only one that would have been played, if we had our 7.  It's too bad there isn't a losers bracket that some of us can go play in for fun.

We are setting up TR scrimmages with some of the clans we were unable to battle with last night.

We appreciate your efforts Sly, and look forward to the next tournament.

My E4 has a cup holder            

___ez_e___ #29 Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 51184 battles
  • [GORT]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 03 October 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

Also, ScumbagJuJu, are you on the team getting a pass on the prelims? No issue with the bye, but it is ridiculous for you to come in here telling everyone to shut up when these people actually experienced the issues with the tournament.

Oh snap....I didn't even think that it was his team might have gotten a free pass.

So ScumbagJuJu....fest up....IS Ookia_the_Mok correct?

Edited by ___ez_e___, 03 October 2016 - 10:07 PM.

DoNotCry #30 Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:16 PM

Sensha-dou Sensei

• Players
  • 30148 battles
  • [_V_]
What about kb/m players in the team? Clearly control mode is said to be Touch. Is this going to be enforced? Yet we still faced team with kb/m player from Stage 1. 

Randimoon #31 Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:36 PM

501 Family Executioner

• Players
  • 18561 battles
  • [STORM]

View Post___ez_e___, on 03 October 2016 - 05:07 PM, said:

Oh snap....I didn't even think that it was his team might have gotten a free pass.

The teams with a pass have already been outed in a former post on the forums, it shouldnt be any surprise anymore who got the pass and who didnt. 

To your other comment up there about teams getting a pass, those teams have committed their 7 or 8 players to this entire tournament. If they could not pull together at least 7 they were not given the pass in the first place. Therefore it is unlikely that the team would be unable to field all seven players in Stage 1 or 2.

I really dont know what anyone expects. I always hear complaints of pubbies being put up against unicums when the unicums are way out of their league and so its unfair in that regard as well. Its the nature of the tournament. Personally I would have loved to go through each round to get a feel for the tournament before my team dives into the deep end. We dont get that prior exposure to the tournament atmosphere. But it is what it is, and I'll take it. We also have a second team that is going through the whole tournament. So its not like the tournament is without its unicums. Remember, they're looking for the best possible team in Blitz to represent NA, and we still have to battle amongst each other.

Grinding: AMX 50 100, AMX 38, Jackson, T49

Forgetting About Stats & Playing For Community and Fun

Prywid #32 Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7652 battles
  • [III-X]
Stage 1 and 2 could have had allowance of minimum 5 players  in game and 10 players total on a team's list. If the team would have proceed to the FINAL Stage, I'm 100% certain any team would be able to bring those two missing persons to play.

non7u #33 Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:14 PM

Private

• Players
  • 19774 battles
  • [CAOS]

View PostDoNotCry, on 03 October 2016 - 04:16 PM, said:

What about kb/m players in the team? Clearly control mode is said to be Touch. Is this going to be enforced? Yet we still faced team with kb/m player from Stage 1. 

I really want to know the answer before Stage 2 starts.....

voyager35 #34 Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:03 AM

Ilha Formosa

• Players
  • 23718 battles
  • [SRT]

View Postnon7u, on 03 October 2016 - 05:14 PM, said:

I really want to know the answer before Stage 2 starts.....

What I know is you can still enter the battle with KbM, but the control interface will be like touch control, which means you cant's use wasd to move around and click your mouse to shoot. Instead you have to use your mouse to click all the buttons to control everything, it is barely controllable. But this is from my experience of the test tournament, not sure if it is still the same. 

DoNotCry #35 Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:17 AM

Sensha-dou Sensei

• Players
  • 30148 battles
  • [_V_]

View Postvoyager35, on 03 October 2016 - 07:03 PM, said:

What I know is you can still enter the battle with KbM, but the control interface will be like touch control, which means you cant's use wasd to move around and click your mouse to shoot. Instead you have to use your mouse to click all the buttons to control everything, it is barely controllable. But this is from my experience of the test tournament, not sure if it is still the same. 

haha It is worst then forfeit the match then. what a waste of repair cost. Sucks for them.

non7u #36 Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:34 AM

Private

• Players
  • 19774 battles
  • [CAOS]
so... they have a way to determine you are playing using only your mouse to do everything and not WASD and mouse to aim?

Ausf_G #37 Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41115 battles
  • [11TH]

View PostCC_Sly, on 03 October 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

The top team from each group in the First stage advanced. (Minues total AFK groups)

This gave us 47 teams. We need to bring it down to 16. 47 / 16 = 2.9375. Meaning 2-3 teams per group if I were to take the top team for my 16 groups. Too small for a round robin.

So we up it to 2 teams per group and increase group size. 47 / 8 = 5.875. Meaning 5-6 teams for a group if I had 8 groups and took the top 2 teams from each to get my 16. This is what is happening. 

we were among the top 2 in our group. clan AFK was the other. we had 18 points why didnt we get to advance ?

Edited by Ausf_G, 04 October 2016 - 12:46 AM.

Der steht in Flammen! 

CC_Sly #38 Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:45 AM

Community Lead

• Administrator
  • 3091 battles
  • [WGA]

View PostAusf_G, on 03 October 2016 - 04:38 PM, said:

we were among the top 2 in our group clan AFK was the other we had 18 points we didn't get to advance 

If I go in and find that your team was supposed to move on and didn't I will see about putting you in the 3rd round. I can't make any promises but if it is a failure on the system then I need to address it.

FORMER

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Ausf_G #39 Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41115 battles
  • [11TH]

View PostCC_Sly, on 03 October 2016 - 06:45 PM, said:

If I go in and find that your team was supposed to move on and didn't I will see about putting you in the 3rd round. I can't make any promises but if it is a failure on the system then I need to address it.

Thankyou

Der steht in Flammen! 

DenverCMe_defender #40 Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:51 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18059 battles
  • [_NME_]

View Post___ez_e___, on 03 October 2016 - 05:07 PM, said:

My understanding is that GRIM and PRAMO were waved from the first two stages and start in the third stage.  Why? IDK.  Is it true? IDK.  Just what I saw when I checked on the Clan tabs under the tournament banner last night.  If true my first response is - well, I'll hold on that one.  But the idea of 'cost' associated with playing and the unreasonableness, IMO, of relating an economy to play in the tourney and not holding that cost up for everyone equally is frustrating to contemplate.

Edited by DenverCMe_defender, 04 October 2016 - 12:59 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users