• [EUREF]
Thanks a lot. I'm glad it helps.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

WarHammer701 #42 Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11275 battles
  • [NUXZ]
Thank you for this guide, it's been a big help.
1011700835.png

minitel_NA #43 Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

just edited today, some more straight forward or more detailed paragraphs, and some illustrations for splash damage :

what is splash damage

and :

illustrating splash damage

Edited by minitel_NA, 21 December 2016 - 08:44 AM.

Meatshield_Six #44 Posted 25 December 2016 - 04:15 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 815 battles
  • [TMP]
Outstanding.  I thank you.

_Blazing_Inferno_ #45 Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:36 PM

King of Mountain Goats

• Players
  • 21019 battles
  • [SR-71]
You can also use it to clear obstacles that are not both able to be destroyed by a single AP/APCR shell.

"Why be a tank when you can be a goat?" - Xaneleon

Favorite tanks: The T6 Dracula & AMX elc bis.

minitel_NA #46 Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Post_Blazing_Inferno_, on 04 August 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

You can also use it to clear obstacles that are not both able to be destroyed by a single AP/APCR shell.

especially for exemple if two portions of wall are contiguous, then shooting at the seam will break them both thanks to the explosion radius. It's much faster and efficient, and it is also much cheaper.

However If if you want to go through two layers of bricks one behind another, then you will chose AP. Upon the first layer, the HE shell will explode and be terminated. The AP will go through anything on its path until it's penetration power is gone. Each layer of obstacle or armor will eat into the penetration value and the AP will fail when this pen power reaches zero.

EricOtown #47 Posted 03 September 2019 - 04:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7977 battles
  • [ROCKN]

I have a hard time getting a high roll of damage when shooting HE at the German TD's like the Rhm Borsig, WZ & PZ, and Grill. These TD's basically have artillery gun mounted on tracks with some thin armor plates surrounding the gun. I assume this is like space armor

and when you hit these armor plates with HE you likely won't get high damage.

The problem is that on the turreted TD's, the two largest surface areas are the tracks and these armor plates that surround the gun. The area of the hull not covered by tracks is almost non-existent in these German TD's. 

When shooting HE at these German TD's I used to aim for the armor plates that surround the guns simply because I knew not to shoot the tracks with HE if I'm looking to get a high roll of damage and don't necessarily care about damaging the tracks

and the armor plates are the largest components on these TD's and therefore the easier to hit,

but after reading this post, I now assume those armor panels are spaced armor similar

to the armor panels that surround the front of the turret on the Super Pershing.

Sure you can get splash damage when shooting these German TD's in their armor panels surrounding the gun, but I'm looking for a maximum roll of damage with HE. 

So I just wanted to confirm, if I am getting to inflict maximum damage on these German TD's, should I be aiming for the the very small area of hull just above the tracks and below the armor panels surrounding the gun? 

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #48 Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:17 PM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 52230 battles
  • [RNSF]
Aim for the gun shield, don't hit the barrel... Sides are a gamble, there are better tanks to try HE side shots on. 

>>>canine prints have claw marks, yet "mans best friend" camo does not; it would seem then that mans best friend is a cat... probably a leopard.

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 January 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

when I’m tired I think I’m good.

Absolute_Sniper #49 Posted 07 September 2019 - 07:18 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38055 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostEricOtown, on 03 September 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

I have a hard time getting a high roll of damage when shooting HE at the German TD's like the Rhm Borsig, WZ & PZ, and Grill. These TD's basically have artillery gun mounted on tracks with some thin armor plates surrounding the gun. I assume this is like space armor

and when you hit these armor plates with HE you likely won't get high damage.

The problem is that on the turreted TD's, the two largest surface areas are the tracks and these armor plates that surround the gun. The area of the hull not covered by tracks is almost non-existent in these German TD's. 

When shooting HE at these German TD's I used to aim for the armor plates that surround the guns simply because I knew not to shoot the tracks with HE if I'm looking to get a high roll of damage and don't necessarily care about damaging the tracks

and the armor plates are the largest components on these TD's and therefore the easier to hit,

but after reading this post, I now assume those armor panels are spaced armor similar

to the armor panels that surround the front of the turret on the Super Pershing.

Sure you can get splash damage when shooting these German TD's in their armor panels surrounding the gun, but I'm looking for a maximum roll of damage with HE. 

So I just wanted to confirm, if I am getting to inflict maximum damage on these German TD's, should I be aiming for the the very small area of hull just above the tracks and below the armor panels surrounding the gun? 

Any flat surface. The gun shield is the easiest to hit for high HE rolls. 

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

AntoineDodson #50 Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30023 battles
Nothing worse than bouncing the Grille's barrel with HE, especially in an E100.
Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

RommelTanker #51 Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4656 battles
  • [_DX2_]

View PostAntoineDodson, on 09 September 2019 - 07:45 AM, said:

Nothing worse than bouncing the Grille's barrel with HE, especially in an E100.

Actually there is

Bouncing HESH from a Deathstar on a Grille's gun

Twice.

Something something insert joke here

Also tagged with High explosive, HE, HESH

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users