Tank "balancing" =__=

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

CoyoteRagtime #1 Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 37771 battles
  • [6-AD]

I noticed the long list of balancing adjustments made with the new update. My fear is that they are dumbing down the game. Agree? Disagree?

I get that maybe a little tweaking needs to be done to a new tank once the early data comes in. But almost all of the tweaks to tank stats are improvements, and to tanks that have been around since the beginning, like the Tiger and T-29. I don't like that. The thing that makes the game fun and interesting is how some tanks have very pronounced strengths and weaknesses. It creates diversity. If you make all the tanks good in every regard, the game will become very monotonous. You guys upped the traverse speed on the VK 45 B. Why? I played that tank. It was a very hard tank to play. It's supposed to be. Don't make it easier to play. It's got a huge gun. The trade off is, lower turret traverse speed. Heavy front armor. Weak side armor. It's a trade off. They lowered the dispersion on several tanks too. That's stupid. It means distance is less of a variable in your strategy.

By lowering the high stats, and raising the weak stats, you make a tank more average. You lowered the most appealing thing about the Grille. If you need to make the Grille a bit less overwhelming, lower one of its weaker stats to give it a slight handicap.

I've never played the Grille. Only played against it. Fighting a team with a Grille is really hard, and what makes it fun. A match where there's a Grille is very different from a match where there isn't a Grille.

In my entire time playing this game, there have been tanks I hated playing, but I've never wanted them to change any of the tanks, except for maybe the money they make. And I'd like to be able to change the camo on the Kuro Mori Mine. That's it. What's everyone else complaining about? I don't get it

This is also why I've never liked the "provisions" either. There's no trade-off. There's no downside. People just pump up their tanks more.

Players, I know we all grumble about a tank being slow, or having poor depression, etc. But that makes the game fun. If you make all the tanks awesome, none of them will be. It'll be a very boring game with little diversity. So please stop demanding that they buff a tank just to make it easier to use. It might not be that the tank sucks. It might just be that you haven't learned how to use it yet.

Edited by CoyoteRagtime, 06 October 2016 - 07:27 PM.

It's the General Lee! Get it?

WhiskeyCyclone #2 Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22231 battles
  • [LONR]
WG, looks like you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Keep it old school. 

CoyoteRagtime #3 Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 37771 battles
  • [6-AD]

View PostWhiskeyCyclone, on 05 October 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

WG, looks like you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

You agree or disagree? Your comment didn't really contribute anything.

eddie13_ #4 Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:04 PM

Supreme Leader

• Players
  • 18405 battles
The nerf on the Grille 15 in my opinion is 100% ridiculous.  The only good things about the grille is A: Its gun, and B: its speed, that's it.  If you take away one of those traits, you have severally neutered the Grille 15

Bronyman50 #5 Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:07 PM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 26589 battles
  • [PURPL]
The thing is that the upgrades are to make them more used the 2 tds Jagtiger and Su-122-54 before were rarely used. Now they are very powerful tanks with the highest DPM. And to make other tanks less powerful. Before the WT auf Pz4 was better then the Jag since it had the same long 128, but a turret and access to a powerful 150mm gun. Same is true of the Obj 704. Now why have a gun that has 640 alpha and 5 rpm when you can have a gun with 420 alpha and 7.5 rpm.

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

CoyoteRagtime #6 Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 37771 battles
  • [6-AD]

View Posteddie13_, on 05 October 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

The nerf on the Grille 15 in my opinion is 100% ridiculous.  The only good things about the grille is A: Its gun, and B: its speed, that's it.  If you take away one of those traits, you have severally neutered the Grille 15

View PostBronyman50, on 05 October 2016 - 01:07 PM, said:

The thing is that the upgrades are to make them more used the 2 tds Jagtiger and Su-122-54 before were rarely used. Now they are very powerful tanks with the highest DPM. And to make other tanks less powerful. Before the WT auf Pz4 was better then the Jag since it had the same long 128, but a turret and access to a powerful 150mm gun. Same is true of the Obj 704. Now why have a gun that has 640 alpha and 5 rpm when you can have a gun with 420 alpha and 7.5 rpm.

@eddie13 Yeah! I've never had a Grille. I've only played against it. Whenever a match would start and we'd see the enemy had a Grille, we'd be like "oh hell. kill that first!" The Grille was the biggest threat cuz of its huge gun, and that was a GOOD thing! It really shaped the battle. A battle with a Grille in it is a very different from a battle without it.

@Bronyman50 well in cases like with the su-152, I'd opt for the gun that was slower and less accurate cuz it was more powerful. Other tanks didn't have that. If I wanted a fast gun that does a little damage, I'd play a different tank.

WhiskeyCyclone #7 Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22231 battles
  • [LONR]

View PostCoyoteRagtime, on 05 October 2016 - 08:04 AM, said:

You agree or disagree? Your comment didn't really contribute anything.

I dont have an opinion on whether buffs over regulate the game or not, I just never thought I'd see a complaint over buffs. Since the game is becoming faster, favoring maneuverability, you should take that traverse buff and like it. You might thank WG someday when that buff gets you out of a jam.

Keep it old school. 

ahredstealth #8 Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:32 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

Yeah!  Let's leave things broken!

HashtagBuffTheOtsu!

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

CoyoteRagtime #9 Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 37771 battles
  • [6-AD]

View PostWhiskeyCyclone, on 05 October 2016 - 01:22 PM, said:

I dont have an opinion on whether buffs over regulate the game or not, I just never thought I'd see a complaint over buffs. Since the game is becoming faster, favoring maneuverability, you should take that traverse buff and like it. You might thank WG someday when that buff gets you out of a jam.

The game shouldn't be faster or have more maneuverability. It's a strategic game. It rewards patience. I don't want it to become some mindless fast-paced game. If I wanna play Twisted Metal I'll go play that instead. I wanna play WoT.

ahredstealth #10 Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:47 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostCoyoteRagtime, on 05 October 2016 - 06:58 AM, said:

And to you players always whining about something you don't like on your tank; either play a different tank, or get better at that tank. 

View PostCoyoteRagtime, on 05 October 2016 - 07:39 AM, said:

The game shouldn't be faster or have more maneuverability. It's a strategic game. It rewards patience. I don't want it to become some mindless fast-paced game. If I wanna play Twisted Metal I'll go play that instead. I wanna play WoT.

So other people need to deal, and play something different, but you should get to have the game catered to how you want it to play?

And you probably don't see the issue here either.

Sigh.  This is what's wrong with the world today.

BoomMfer #11 Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:50 PM

This space for rent

• Players
  • 63466 battles
There needs to be some kind of balance to the tanks, otherwise everyone will just play the overpowered tanks. The problem with WGs balancing is it seems like whoever is making the decisions has never played the game. The Grille nerf is the perfect example:  many of the players that have been playing the Grille are the best players in the game. A lot of them free exp'd much of the line to get the Grille quickly when it came out. So as a result, it's stats make it appear overpowered, when in reality it's the players using it that are overpowered. Then on the other hand, you have tanks like the T20 that has been surpassed by so many other light and medium tanks in almost every way, yet it's as if WG has forgotten about it.

Blesd12 #12 Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:52 PM

Bulldog Alpha

• Players
  • 10974 battles
  • [RAIDR]
Why are people,e so upset over the grille? It's literally .02 differenc. Still aphas the fasted aim time at night tiers. Still amazingly accurite 

Bulldog is Here!!! 

"Bulldog will always win! Unless a frickin russian shows up. Dang russian 152 mm.

tanker_sniper50 #13 Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:21 PM

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

• Players
  • 17035 battles
  • [STORM]

View PostBlesd12, on 05 October 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

Why are people,e so upset over the grille? It's literally .02 differenc. Still aphas the fasted aim time at night tiers. Still amazingly accurite 

If you have played it you will immediately notice the difference even that little tweak has changed how you can play the Grille 15, used to you could peek out aim quick and fire then pull back into cover, now you have to aim longer which exposes you to more chances of being hit and in a tank with 0 armor thats not good, and you have to aim with the Grille 15 because even tho it is one of the most accurate tanks in the game if it isn't aimed in you won't hit anything.

Edited by tanker_sniper50, 05 October 2016 - 02:23 PM.

​"There is no hunting like the hunting of tanks, and those

who have hunted armored tanks long enough and liked it,

never care for anything else thereafter." Some Random Skrub

woodland_stars #14 Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23760 battles

I like the camo on the kuro Mori mine.   Maybe you're the one that needs to stop the whining 

DeadshotS4444 #15 Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:09 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5439 battles
  • [122MM]
War GAMING YIU REALLY  NEED TO BUFF THE FERDINAND CAUSE ITS REALLY MAKING ME MAD ITS SLOW TURN SPEED MAKES ITS GET EASLY FLANKED TO EASY NOW EVERYTIME I SEE A TANK FLANKING ME I TURN THEN THEY QUICKLY FLANK ME  AND FIRST 2 GUNS BEFORE THE TOP GUN CAN BARELY PEN TIER 8 AND THE FERD GETS TIER 8-9 BATTLES PLS BUFF THE HEALTH BY LIKE 300 , MORE TURN SPEED, AND MORE PEN ON THE FIRST 2 GUNS

CoyoteRagtime #16 Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 37771 battles
  • [6-AD]

View Postahredstealth, on 05 October 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

So other people need to deal, and play something different, but you should get to have the game catered to how you want it to play?

And you probably don't see the issue here either.

Sigh.  This is what's wrong with the world today.

@ahredstealth Wow. You put words in my mouth and then you insult me. Maybe THAT is what's wrong with the world today. Was I asking them to cater to me? If you actually read what I said, you'll see that I said the opposite. I stated that I have been "dealing" this whole time. I said that I have never asked or expected them to change the tanks to fit my liking. Does this all make sense? This time, stop and ponder it a while before replying.

CoyoteRagtime #17 Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 37771 battles
  • [6-AD]

View PostwoodEnstares, on 05 October 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

I like the camo on the kuro Mori mine.   Maybe you're the one that needs to stop the whining 

What's with people getting so butt-hurt by my post? Did I really hurt your feelings? I specifically said that I have been just fine with how things have been up til this point in the game, and that I've never expected them to change a tank just to make it easier for me.. How is that whinning? It sounds like the opposite of whinning to me. Whereas here you are getting so offended just by me saying "I'd like to be able to change the camo on the kuro mori mine." Being offended by that seems pretty whinny to me. That's me making a polite request. And if they never grant me that, ya know what I'll do? I'll do exactly what I've been doing this whole time; not whine about it. It's not a huge deal to me.

But as you can see by the other responses, nerfing the Grille is a pretty big deal to some people. They coulda left it alone and not changed it.

ahredstealth #18 Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:35 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostCoyoteRagtime, on 05 October 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

@ahredstealth Wow. You put words in my mouth and then you insult me. Maybe THAT is what's wrong with the world today. Was I asking them to cater to me? If you actually read what I said, you'll see that I said the opposite. I stated that I have been "dealing" this whole time. I said that I have never asked or expected them to change the tanks to fit my liking. Does this all make sense? This time, stop and ponder it a while before replying.

You don't need to ampersand.

By quoting people have a pretty good understanding of who you are talking to.

Also, no words were put in your mouth.

You stated "People should just be okay with this game as it is.  If you can't deal, go play something else."

Then you stated, "But I don't want this to become fast pace.  I don't want to go play something else, I want it to stay the way I like it."

Which is incredibly ironic... made even better by the fact that I was right, and you don't see the way you tell other people to deal with an issue, and then complain about the exact same issue.

Perhaps you should ponder that for a while...  Just a bit.

CoyoteRagtime #19 Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 37771 battles
  • [6-AD]

View PostBoomMfer, on 05 October 2016 - 01:50 PM, said:

There needs to be some kind of balance to the tanks, otherwise everyone will just play the overpowered tanks. The problem with WGs balancing is it seems like whoever is making the decisions has never played the game. The Grille nerf is the perfect example:  many of the players that have been playing the Grille are the best players in the game. A lot of them free exp'd much of the line to get the Grille quickly when it came out. So as a result, it's stats make it appear overpowered, when in reality it's the players using it that are overpowered. Then on the other hand, you have tanks like the T20 that has been surpassed by so many other light and medium tanks in almost every way, yet it's as if WG has forgotten about it.

Well said. Yeah, I'm sure sometimes some tweaks need to be made with new tanks once they gather more data on it. I feel like that's not what they did here tho. Almost all the tweaks were buffs. That kinda lowers variation, as I said. And they were all for tanks that have been around since probably the beginning. Why suddenly change the Tiger and T-29 all of a sudden? It's weird. Yeah maybe they should only listen to feedback from people who have certain stats. Like, they've logged a certain amount of game time, and/or have achieved certain things. If they did, that might exclude my voice from their feedback. I'd be fine with that. I'd trust the veterans.

I guess my fear is that they will dumb down the game to make it appeal to a broader audience. This is a very intelligent game. It takes serious strategy. And that makes the game have a very limited appeal (LOL). Right now, the most popular games are spazzy, hyer-active, and mindless. It's great to have a game that rewards patience and timing.

woodland_stars #20 Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23760 battles

View PostCoyoteRagtime, on 05 October 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

What's with people getting so butt-hurt by my post? Did I really hurt your feelings? I specifically said that I have been just fine with how things have been up til this point in the game, and that I've never expected them to change a tank just to make it easier for me.. How is that whinning? It sounds like the opposite of whinning to me. Whereas here you are getting so offended just by me saying "I'd like to be able to change the camo on the kuro mori mine." Being offended by that seems pretty whinny to me. That's me making a polite request. And if they never grant me that, ya know what I'll do? I'll do exactly what I've been doing this whole time; not whine about it. It's not a huge deal to me.

But as you can see by the other responses, nerfing the Grille is a pretty big deal to some people. They coulda left it alone and not changed it.

Uh.  I guess the point I was trying to make went right over your head.  I could care less if you don't like some camo.   Just like everyone else shouldn't care if I like it.   Your post was condescending.  You basically called people whiners for having opinions but when I did it to you your the one that got offended

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users