33 replies to this topic

CoyoteRagtime #21 Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 33662 battles
  • [6-AD]

View Postahredstealth, on 05 October 2016 - 09:35 PM, said:

You don't need to ampersand.

By quoting people have a pretty good understanding of who you are talking to.

Also, no words were put in your mouth.

You stated "People should just be okay with this game as it is.  If you can't deal, go play something else."

Then you stated, "But I don't want this to become fast pace.  I don't want to go play something else, I want it to stay the way I like it."

Which is incredibly ironic... made even better by the fact that I was right, and you don't see the way you tell other people to deal with an issue, and then complain about the exact same issue.

Perhaps you should ponder that for a while...  Just a bit.

And here you responded without actually trying to understand what I said. I told you to ponder it.

Your first response was very condescending and pompous. And you deliberately insulted me. Not very mature. And here you are continuing with it. Why are you being so rude? It's so uncalled for. Why are you so butt-hurt by my post?

"But I don't want this to become fast pace.  I don't want to go play something else, I want it to stay the way I like it." You put quotes around that sentence, suggesting I said those exact words, when I never said those exact words. That is putting words in my mouth. You are paraphrasing what you incorrectly thought I meant, and then you put it in quotes. If you are paraphrasing, put things in apostrophes.

"By quoting people have a pretty good understanding of who you are talking to." LOL no. Copying and pasting words doesn't mean you understood them. I can copy and paste something written in Russian. That doesn't mean I understood it. You're missing a comma in that sentence.

"...made even better by the fact that I was right..." LOL Wow, again with the pompous arrogance. You've got a serious ego there. You are asserting that you were right, but not making a logical argument to support that assertion. Whereas I made a logical argument which you mostly ignored.

So let me phrase phrase my previous argument another way; Saying 'I like things how they were. Don't change them' sounds like the total opposite of catering. I'm not asking them to make any changes to suit me. I'm asking them specifically not to. I also added that I have never before asked or expected them to change the tanks, and certainly not to make a tank easier for me. Again, that sounds like the opposite of what you consider catering.

That's my logical counter-argument. Now make a counter-argument using logic and evidence, and try to do it without being a jerk.

It's the General Lee! Get it?

ahredstealth #22 Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:06 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

Seriously, take some time and learn how to use the forum, and the quote features instead of telling others to ponder your thoughts when you cannot accurately convey them.

You came in here condescending and pompous and wonder why you get the same responses tossed back your way.

You cannot understand your own thoughts.

After that you muck up the posts, quotes, and everything else, yet want to correct other's grammar.

Yeah, get real guy.  Everything I stated before is just as correct now as it was then.  As soon as you can wrap your mind around that, I'll read your logical counter argument.  Until then, you just type more words guy.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

CoyoteRagtime #23 Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 33662 battles
  • [6-AD]

View PostwoodEnstares, on 05 October 2016 - 09:39 PM, said:

Uh.  I guess the point I was trying to make went right over your head.  I could care less if you don't like some camo.   Just like everyone else shouldn't care if I like it.   Your post was condescending.  You basically called people whiners for having opinions but when I did it to you your the one that got offended

I'm sorry you feel that way. No I was not calling people whiners just for having an opinion. Everyone can have an opinion. I was politely voicing my opinion when I said I'd like yo be able to change the cammo on the Kuro. If they don't change that, I'm fine with that. And in your previous post, you insulted me for having that opinion, which is what you are now accusing me of. That makes you a hypocrite. What I was criticizing was people who demand they change the game just to make tanks easier for them. I explained why I felt that way above. Do you not also feel that it would make the game boring if they make all the weak stats stronger and the strong stats weaker? Judging by the responses, it seems I'm not the only one who feels that way. But yeah, maybe I should have phrased it more politely. Maybe I'll go edit that. Thanks for pointing that out. And I don't mean that sarcastically. You coulda done that without being a jerk tho.

"Uh.  I guess the point I was trying to make went right over your head." Wow, and you called me condescending. That makes you a hypocrite twice. Maybe it went over my head, or maybe there was jsut nothing intelligent in what you said. I made a logical counter-argument and asked you questions. You ignored those. Maybe it went over your head?

woodland_stars #24 Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23760 battles

View PostCoyoteRagtime, on 05 October 2016 - 05:10 PM, said:

I'm sorry you feel that way. No I was not calling people whiners just for having an opinion. Everyone can have an opinion. I was politely voicing my opinion when I said I'd like yo be able to change the cammo on the Kuro. If they don't change that, I'm fine with that. And in your previous post, you insulted me for having that opinion, which is what you are now accusing me of. That makes you a hypocrite. What I was criticizing was people who demand they change the game just to make tanks easier for them. I explained why I felt that way above. Do you not also feel that it would make the game boring if they make all the weak stats stronger and the strong stats weaker? Judging by the responses, it seems I'm not the only one who feels that way. But yeah, maybe I should have phrased it more politely. Maybe I'll go edit that. Thanks for pointing that out. And I don't mean that sarcastically. You coulda done that without being a jerk tho.

"Uh.  I guess the point I was trying to make went right over your head." Wow, and you called me condescending. That makes you a hypocrite twice. Maybe it went over my head, or maybe there was jsut nothing intelligent in what you said. I made a logical counter-argument and asked you questions. You ignored those. Maybe it went over your head?

Yeah.  You really don't get it.     If you would take a second to think instead of twisting peoples words you might understand something.  I said I couldn't care less about the camo.  That wasn't the point but it really doesnt matter it seems like you just like to push your opinions on others.  I've really never seen someone cry this much over such a little comment.  You've now written multiple paragraphs over a one sentence "joke" that I made. 

Edited by woodEnstares, 05 October 2016 - 10:39 PM.

woodland_stars #25 Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:46 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23760 battles
By the way you edited your post where you were calling people whiners.  That makes you a liar also

CoyoteRagtime #26 Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 33662 battles
  • [6-AD]

View PostwoodEnstares, on 05 October 2016 - 10:46 PM, said:

By the way you edited your post where you were calling people whiners.  That makes you a liar also

View Postahredstealth, on 05 October 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:

Seriously, take some time and learn how to use the forum, and the quote features instead of telling others to ponder your thoughts when you cannot accurately convey them.

You came in here condescending and pompous and wonder why you get the same responses tossed back your way.

You cannot understand your own thoughts.

After that you muck up the posts, quotes, and everything else, yet want to correct other's grammar.

Yeah, get real guy.  Everything I stated before is just as correct now as it was then.  As soon as you can wrap your mind around that, I'll read your logical counter argument.  Until then, you just type more words guy.

Woodenstares, I said "But yeah, maybe I should have phrased it more politely. Maybe I'll go edit that. Thanks for pointing that out. And I don't mean that sarcastically. You coulda done that without being a jerk tho." I did exactly that. I went and edited it so that it would sound more polite and wouldn't offend more people. So I said what I was going to do. Then I did it. That's not lying. That's honesty. And I thanked you for pointing out my mistake.

Hey you two. How about we just shake hands and say "gg" huh? Otherwise we're just gonna keep being jerks o each other. I started this topic to express a concern and provoke conversation. Not to just pointlessly  complain about something. And not to insult people. Woodenstares pointed out that I was rude. That wasn't my intention. So I went and corrected that. Now can we move on?

Edited by CoyoteRagtime, 05 October 2016 - 11:28 PM.

Terutsuki #27 Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:34 AM

Haruna > Fusou

• Players
  • 19600 battles
  • [MAHOU]

Inb4 lock..

Interesting thread though.

Thanks to Zennosha and/or Panbun, I have a shiny new signature! Thank you!

woodland_stars #28 Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:57 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23760 battles

View PostCoyoteRagtime, on 05 October 2016 - 06:10 PM, said:

Woodenstares, I said "But yeah, maybe I should have phrased it more politely. Maybe I'll go edit that. Thanks for pointing that out. And I don't mean that sarcastically. You coulda done that without being a jerk tho." I did exactly that. I went and edited it so that it would sound more polite and wouldn't offend more people. So I said what I was going to do. Then I did it. That's not lying. That's honesty. And I thanked you for pointing out my mistake.

Hey you two. How about we just shake hands and say "gg" huh? Otherwise we're just gonna keep being jerks o each other. I started this topic to express a concern and provoke conversation. Not to just pointlessly  complain about something. And not to insult people. Woodenstares pointed out that I was rude. That wasn't my intention. So I went and corrected that. Now can we move on?

Sure thing.  Bud.    It's prob for the best too.  We might of both ended up being banned before too long.  Haha

unfehlbar #29 Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1895 battles
  • [TBSU]

View PostCoyoteRagtime, on 05 October 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

WG and players, please stop trying to make war fair. That makes it boring. War is not meant to be fair. I like a tough opponent.

I saw a long list of tank balancing tweaks that have been made. I get that maybe a little tweaking needs to be done to a new tank once the early data comes in. But almost all of the tweaks to tank stats are improvements, and to tanks that have been around since the beginning, like the Tiger and T-29. I don't like that. The thing that makes the game fun and interesting is how some tanks have very pronounced strengths and weaknesses. It creates diversity. If you make all the tanks good in every regard, the game will become very monotonous. You guys upped the traverse speed on the VK 45 B. Why? I played that tank. It was a very hard tank to play. It's supposed to be. Don't make it easier to play. It's got a huge gun. The trade off is, lower turret traverse speed. Heavy front armor. Weak side armor. It's a trade off. They lowered the dispersion on several tanks too. That's stupid. It means distance is less of a variable in your strategy.

By lowering the high stats, and raising the weak stats, you make a tank more average. You lowered the most appealing thing about the Grille. If you need to make the Grille a bit less overwhelming, lower one of its weaker stats to give it a slight handicap.

I've never played the Grille. Only played against it. Fighting a team with a Grille is really hard, and what makes it fun. A match where there's a Grille is very different from a match where there isn't a Grille.

In my entire time playing this game, there have been tanks I hated playing, but I've never wanted them to change any of the tanks, except for maybe the money they make. And I'd like to be able to change the camo on the Kuro Mori Mine. That's it. What's everyone else complaining about? I don't get it

This is also why I've never liked the "provisions" either. There's no trade-off. There's no downside. People just pump up their tanks more.

Players, I know we all grumble about a tank being slow, or having poor depression, etc. But that makes the game fun. If you make all the tanks awesome, none of them will be. It'll be a very boring game with little diversity. So please stop demanding that they buff a tank just to make it easier to use. It might not be that the tank sucks. It might just be that you haven't learned how to use it yet.

back on topic...

They need to balance even more tanks.

I've been on the Leo balance issue for a while now. Bottom line is, the pen needs to be lowered on the autocannon. It rules t5, and not many t6s can handle it. I think its sad that instead of lowering the pen on some of the op'ed meds and lights, they speed up the traverse on heavies. Honestly, it's the only way they stand a chance against a cod.

Make no mistake, this is a money game. The people that pay more to play will be heard more when they complain. And some of the "balancing" that's being done is just an attempt to make the rest of us spend money to combat the new changes. But there are some things all the gold in the world wont help with...like the fact that between t3-7, heavies are virtually useless against meds and lights.

The tech trees (for the most part) are a joke, jap tanks arent worth the time to grind, Leos are gods, instant upgrade or go home, more meds and lights are introduced every news announcement (faster, more armor, and more pen)...the list goes on.

At least I can say 3.2 killed most of the login errors from 3.1. I still have some graphics glitches on my S5, and 2 ctds since yesterday, along with 3 server drops (back to garage)...

Edited by unfehlbar, 06 October 2016 - 01:06 AM.

Ill_uminati_Confirmed #30 Posted 06 October 2016 - 02:38 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 55980 battles
  • [III]

View PostCoyoteRagtime, on 05 October 2016 - 01:39 PM, said:

The game shouldn't be faster or have more maneuverability. It's a strategic game. It rewards patience. I don't want it to become some mindless fast-paced game. If I wanna play Twisted Metal I'll go play that instead. I wanna play WoT.

you wanna play WoT? Or WoT Blitz...? Cause it's in the name bruh...
Win, lose, or draw - I'm gonna make it hurt.

unfehlbar #31 Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1895 battles
  • [TBSU]

View PostXimray, on 06 October 2016 - 02:38 AM, said:

stupid arguement..if it was supposed to be a "blitz", then why put heavies in the game at all? they couldve just let super-uber-op meds/lights that never existed go at each other and they'd all be happy.

heavies ingame = balancing meds/lights.

CoyoteRagtime #32 Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 33662 battles
  • [6-AD]

View PostXimray, on 06 October 2016 - 02:38 AM, said:

View Postunfehlbar, on 06 October 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

stupid arguement..if it was supposed to be a "blitz", then why put heavies in the game at all? they couldve just let super-uber-op meds/lights that never existed go at each other and they'd all be happy.

heavies ingame = balancing meds/lights.

I thought the "blitz" part was just because the matches are smaller and shorter. Not dumber.

CoyoteRagtime #33 Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 33662 battles
  • [6-AD]

View PostwoodEnstares, on 06 October 2016 - 12:57 AM, said:

Sure thing.  Bud.    It's prob for the best too.  We might of both ended up being banned before too long.  Haha

Awsm. So back to the main topic, are you not worried about them dumbing down the game with these kinds of tweaks?

TheFallen101ST #34 Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:49 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 140 battles
No i am not maybe if they do some many scrubs wouldnt be finishing games with zero damage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users