Ghost tanks/Stealth tanks

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

PrinceoftheAirJr #1 Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16063 battles
  • [HOTA]

Seriously... What is going-on with having tanks to suddenly appear either right in front of you, or just as you turn the corner and they should have been detected? 'Getting tired if being surprised like this... Also, I suspect your optics and cammo net do not work as they are listed to and are practically useless and a waste of credits and an equipment slot, or two...

Thanks...

AOT_Jaeger2 #2 Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:02 PM

Grand Emperor of Derpenburg

• Players
  • 11313 battles
  • [ASLAN]
Blitz spotting mechanics. It's been like this since day one. Optics and camo net do work, I've actually tested them in training rooms.

Garage: T7 CC, R35, T-15, ELC AMX, S35 ÇA, AMX 12t, KV-2, SU-100Y, T23E3, AMX 13 75, VK 45.02 A

Was #24 VK 30.01 (P) Player in NA, #32 in Luchs

Stats:http://www.blitzstar...com/AOT_Jaeger2

I used to be a tanker like you, so young and full of life...

_ohnoa #3 Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2461 battles
  • [PNCRX]

its called view range, light tanks and meds have more view ranges

just out of curiosity how do you not knw this after like 10k battles

Newly appointed deputy of PNCR's feeder

NateDawg2k16 #4 Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:07 PM

All Hail Dogface, The Great One

• Players
  • 8807 battles
  • [META]

View Post_ohnoa, on 09 October 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

its called view range, light tanks and meds have more view ranges

just out of curiosity how do you not knw this after like 10k battles

And most light tanks have a better camo rating

I think I'm right, correct me if not.

"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have.

this dude is on to me... :ohmy:

He's part of the Society! - Seal

Member of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

BobaFett_56 #5 Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:08 PM

Mandalorian Bounty Hunter

• Players
  • 37145 battles
  • [ANIME]
There are many factors involved such as your view range and enemy camo rating, plus if they have camo net, camo paint, and high level camo crew skill then they will be able to hide longer than normal especially if they were sitting still so their camo net is active. I drive Tank Destroyers often and at times it can get suprising how close enemy will come to me with out them spotting me.

Edited by BobaFett_56, 09 October 2016 - 01:11 PM.

BobaFett_56 #6 Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:10 PM

Mandalorian Bounty Hunter

• Players
  • 37145 battles
  • [ANIME]

View PostNateDawg2k16, on 09 October 2016 - 01:07 PM, said:

And most light tanks have a better camo rating

I think I'm right, correct me if not.

Not 100% sure on camo rating of lights but I do know TDs get the highest camo rating values in the game usually, which is totally fair in my opinion because their job is often to snipe and most don't have turrets so they need the extra help lol.

GenericMIKE #7 Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:11 PM

The Most Generic Tanker in Blitz

• Players
  • 20838 battles
  • [IRD]
They are the Halloween ghosts and ghouls of Blitz

You can visit Blitz Guru for current news, updates, map guides, tank guides and more!

Player_5773117413 #8 Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:10 PM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 24324 battles
  • [IRD]

View PostBobaFett_56, on 09 October 2016 - 07:10 AM, said:

Not 100% sure on camo rating of lights but I do know TDs get the highest camo rating values in the game usually, which is totally fair in my opinion because their job is often to snipe and most don't have turrets so they need the extra help lol.

I know that TDs with a short height are very stealthy, probably some of the stealthiest vehicles in the game. For example, I may be wrong, but the shorter T95 seems to be more stealthy than the taller E3.

Supposedly, lights are very stealthy as well. Their Camo ratings on the move are also the same as stationary, which is good if you have the Camo skill fully researched and a Camo skin.

Finished...a buncha Tier 10s. Effff it, I only got 10 fingers. Lost count after that...there's only a few missing

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

Done Posting. Must preserve post count. Sorry guys :\

Joining Stealy in the ex-forumer club

Posit1ve_ #9 Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:12 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 28546 battles
  • [IRD]

http://www.wotinfo.n...stationary_desc

This should help you guys get an idea of what has good camo and what has bad camo. I know it's for PC, but blitz camo numbers are nearly identical.

268 tanks in the garage! (Pretty sure only Crusader6 has a larger garage)

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1 

Also a top 100 Autoloader player (top 100 in the AMX 50B, T57, T54E1, AMX 50 120, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, Bat Chat 25t AP, Bat Chat 25t)

r4zrbl4de #10 Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:15 PM

Camo Fetish

• Players
  • 14016 battles
  • [ATLS]

All tanks have a certain view range and their own camouflage rating. Tank with low camouflage ratings, usually big, clunky heavy tanks, get spotted around the edge of another tank's view range. Camouflage paint, camouflage nets, and bushes decrease the range at which the spotter tank can see the tank being spotted. Tanks with high camouflage ratings, usually small light tanks or tank destroyers, first get spotted when they're far within another tank's view range. Again, they can use camouflage paint, nets, and bushes to increase their camouflage rating. This is why sometimes, you'll get shot by someone you can't even see. When a tank is not spotted, it will not appear anywhere in your vision. It'll only appear when they're spotted. Being behind solid cover, such as a rock or building, will usually cause you to disappear from an enemy's screen after a little less than 10 seconds, assuming he doesn't have a clear line of sight to you at all. When two tanks are within 50 meters of each other, they will spot each other no matter what is between them.

Binoculars and camouflage nets have a timer before they begin to work. To get them to work, your tank hull must not move for 5 seconds. When they activate, you'll see the icons at the middle bottom of your screen. Turning your hull will reset the 5 second timer, sometimes making binocs and camo nets not a good choice for turret less tanks or tanks that move often. Turning your turret while the equipment it mounted, however, will not reset the timer. That's why tanks like the Borsig are sometimes favored over turret less TD's, like the Sturer Emil. 

Aoeles #11 Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:45 AM

Private

• Players
  • 14135 battles
  • [STL]
I am with the original poster. It is buggy. Tanks will literally disappear right in front of you even within the 50M range. 

SCK_CBJOE #12 Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17037 battles
  • [RAI]
I had 2 games this evening where the same thing occurred.Tier 8 Middleburg supremacy match: came down off hill after capping C, all the tanks in town seemed to be contesting A, so I took B. I sat there looking down the road waiting to shoot any reds that appeared. 10 seconds later 3 heavy tanks pop up in the cap circle with me...boom (boom is me exploding). The road had been clear. Tier 5 regular match on Canal: left northern spawn 2 headed for the hills with a Leo speeding out in front of me. The Leo passed the toe of the fist hill about 5 seconds ahead of me. I stopped behind bush at that spot to look for tanks coming from the rails. 3 medium tanks were on the other side of the Bush. I was surprised that the Leo who passed right by them did not spot them. This is the first time that I have had this happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users