MacOS client now crashing on entry and exit of battles

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Jonny_the_Brit #1 Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14290 battles
  • [-007-]

I previously reported that since the upgrade to MacOS 10.12 Sierra the MacOS client has been crashing occasionally on entry to battles.

In the past couple of days, apparently coincident with the start of the Night Hunt event, it has started crashing occasionally at the end of a battle.

Anyone else having this problem?

Senator_Ratbat #2 Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:35 PM

Producer

• Administrator
  • 5862 battles
  • [WGA]

View PostJonny_the_Brit, on 11 October 2016 - 04:32 AM, said:

I previously reported that since the upgrade to MacOS 10.12 Sierra the MacOS client has been crashing occasionally on entry to battles.

In the past couple of days, apparently coincident with the start of the Night Hunt event, it has started crashing occasionally at the end of a battle.

Anyone else having this problem?

Can you provide some more details through a support ticket? For the battles where it crashes does it correspond to missions being completed?

GenericMIKE #3 Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:58 PM

The Most Generic Tanker in Blitz

• Players
  • 22856 battles
  • [IRD]

That's why I haven't upgraded to Sierra yet. :)

(I usually about 3-4 weeks before installing a new OS, because historically there have been fresh releases with plenty of problems.)

You can visit Blitz Guru for current news, updates, map guides, tank guides and more!

Jonny_the_Brit #4 Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14290 battles
  • [-007-]

View PostSenator_Ratbat, on 11 October 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

Can you provide some more details through a support ticket? For the battles where it crashes does it correspond to missions being completed?

I assumed you guys got the crash reports from Apple? But I'll submit the log the next time it happens. There doesn't seem to be a correlation with completed missions.

Cheers.

Vater_Von_Tom #5 Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21198 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I am playing on an early 2015 Macbook Air running macOS 10.12. The game has been crashing on me, typically when a second or two after pressing the Battle button. I have submitted logs and a system information. Here is the gist of the reply from WG Tech support:

"We're sorry to know that the issue persists. We also want to thank you for providing us some logs. Please know that crash reports are automatically delivered to our developers from the game who will then investigate trends among the variety of devices that are compatible with World of Tanks Blitz.

We do apologize that we are not able to provide you with a resolution at this time, however please rest assured that our developers consistently optimize the game with each update to assure that the game can be played on a wide variety of devices. Unfortunately, due to the vast differences in device specifications, we cannot guarantee stable performance on every device and even desktops.

With that being said, please stay tuned to our patch notes located in the forums for any future announcements regarding fixes for crashed issues in the game: World of Tanks Blitz Forums - Patch Notes"

I take that to mean they have no fix and they are still trying to figure out if there is enough of this happening to warrant whatever it takes to fix it. Actually, once it crashes the game is still running and I usually have no problem getting back in where it left off, but I am left AFK for a short amount of time at the beginning of the battle.

RageKicker #6 Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:24 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6316 battles
  • [MOMB]
I''m running Blitz on a Mid 2013 MacBook Air and Sierra. I haven't had any problems with crashing or lock ups. The only real issue I have is when Tooning with Tablet users, sometimes I am unable to use KBM and the client displays the touch controls.

Cake is life.

Vater_Von_Tom #7 Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21198 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Now its crashing when I press the Battle button. After clearing the macOS crash log and selecting the Reopen button the game reconnects to the server and I am eventually back in the now active battle and it takes my tank about 15 or 20 more seconds to "come alive". Not good, being AFK like that. I have reopened the support ticket I started on this.

Vater_Von_Tom #8 Posted 14 October 2016 - 03:16 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21198 battles
  • [SPUDX]
It appears the latest fix from WG has corrected this problem for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users