clan chat lag default

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Way_over_my_head #1 Posted 14 October 2016 - 03:02 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 51412 battles
  • [NUTTS]

I was really hoping that it was just an oversight and easily fixable when 3.1 came out and for some reason the chat always defaults to the clan chat instead of the way it's always been (at least for a year) to default to the last player you were chatting with (your platoon mate).

It is a HUGE waste of time to get done with a battle with your platoon mate, click chat, wait for it to load (much lag here for some reason), then find your platoon mate again, click their name, wait for the lag, then start to analyze the match.

I can't for the life of me figure out why this was changed or what benefit it was to do this, I mean someone had to mean to do it, so I assume there was some logical reason, but I don't see it.

Have you seen the chart? It's a helluva start
It could be made into a monster, If we all pull together as a team

schematic #2 Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 50546 battles
  • [GRIM]
Yeah this is perhaps one of the most frustrating issues that is unresolved.

reluctanttheist #3 Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:08 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 26708 battles
  • [III-H]

I thought the garage-to-chat lag was a function of Metal being on under Settings but it doesn't seem to matter.

Chat defaulting to clan chat is really annoying.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

SchnauzerKampfwagenIV #4 Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:54 PM

If injured in battle please call Dr. S. Paul Abpraller III DVM E

• Players
  • 38506 battles
  • [ISSAH]
Plus you get a message alert when its a platoon invite. Also freezes while typing and wont unfreeze. You relog in and the convo is gone.

master___baiter #5 Posted 15 October 2016 - 03:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2079 battles
  • [MOM3]
Yep, game freezes when you go to another screen the can't come back without a frozen game. Have to shut it down then reload!  The lag is by far the worst!!! WTH you guys doing besides nothing to fix it?

acrisis #6 Posted 15 October 2016 - 02:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20702 battles
  • [III-C]

Absolutely should have been fixed with 3.2

Not noticable when you voice toon, but super frustrating when you're silent tooning and depend on text chat.

Another issue is random red (1) appearing from your platoon mate, without them saying anything, leave the platoon, even when the other person doesnt txt, up pops a (1)

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

javajoejava #7 Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:26 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21114 battles
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying... especially at peak times

Clan: Teufel Hunden Devil Dogs [DD]

Favorite Lines: British and Russian Mediums

When I Feel Like Being a Bully: Tier 3 Kenny, American Heavies, ST-I, Russian KV4, AT15/Tortoise or a Comet Platoon with a Super Unicum

Tier X:  OBJ 268 | T110E5 | T62A | IS-4  (all mastered)

Lephturn #8 Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]
I had a spate of game crashes last week that I suspect are related to chat while in a platoon. Only happened when clicking Chat while platooned.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users