rage noobs pubs streaks loss

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

tcamp48 #41 Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:49 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 80199 battles
  • [III-S]
Definitely. It's always in the back of my mind as a reminder. He's a really knowledgeable guy, just stating an aspect we all should step back and take notice of. 

Edited by tcamp48, 04 August 2015 - 05:49 PM.

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii] ~ #oldguard

Original M60 Owner! ~ Keeping Guns in the Game!

jensen215_ #42 Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:00 PM

Scientia Potentia Est

• Players
  • 13400 battles
  • [IMPR]

Another update and  * 3 experience it is time to bump my guides

Also, here is an interview of me talking about tilt 

http://tankboom.com/

Commander of The Imperium

We Will Rise Again, The Empire is dead, long live the Empire, The Imperium has risen

Carry a noob and he will have victory for a battle teach a man to carry and he will lead to domination        

MLFSiS1.png

Click on the CWG Game Guru tag for my Guides

Lephturn #43 Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • [III-S]

Here is a direct link to the episode with your interview!

http://tankboom.libsyn.com/tank-boom-episode-022-jensen-on-tilt

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

Streven7 #44 Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:09 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7630 battles
Excellent.

jensen215_ #45 Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:04 AM

Scientia Potentia Est

• Players
  • 13400 battles
  • [IMPR]
MM changes and the probable increase of players from general chat will probably lead to an increase of players on tilt. Bumping it for those in need.

Commander of The Imperium

We Will Rise Again, The Empire is dead, long live the Empire, The Imperium has risen

Carry a noob and he will have victory for a battle teach a man to carry and he will lead to domination        

MLFSiS1.png

Click on the CWG Game Guru tag for my Guides

Lephturn #46 Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • [III-S]
Good point Jensen - the upcoming Defender missions will also likely add to the ah... stress. :)

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

KaiserSoze360 #47 Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 35347 battles
  • [DOMN8]

With all respect to the OP, and I certainly don't mean to insult, but from some points of view, it really comes across as very condescending.  I say this because what if the player really isnt as responsible for a loss as some would have us all believe?

While I would agree there are players with different levels of skills, it's Very suspiciounjs, again from the lens of a healthy number of players, that matches are rigged each and every time.

How so?  It seemingly, based on my observations and that of others, that one team is clearly given preference via team mates, view ranges, and rng.  By these I mean 1-2 afk while the other team is full go, that one player who feels compelled to go off alone only to be killed in the first 30 secs, the mysterious they see you, but yet you just cant see them for another critical few seconds, and of course every shot they make easily pens with 500 damage while all your point blank with gold shots, right into rear of enemy either bounce or ghost.

Please spare me the "tin foil hat" insults and the calls for video this, video that.  The exact same can be said to provide proof the game isnt rigged as much as it is.  There is just too much anecdotal evidence to suggest all is well amd fair.  Massive losing streaks (I consistently experience 15-20+) are essentially statistically impossible if match maker truly created even teams--and further suspicion is cast by the lack of equitable, if at all, same length winning streaks.  The highly consistent outcome, regardless of win or lose, appears to be again and again 5-7 left on the winning team and and complete wipeout of the other. 

Also, its shortsighted to look at a player's individual stats and make the absolute inference that they are the cause of said losing streaks.  While I agree it COULD BE an indication, it is also well within the realm of possible that a player is placed on such disadvantaged teams, they couldnt possible score any damage when faced against "multiple enemies on one" scenarios.

Im sure the apologists are going to howl reading this, but across all of WGs game offerings, the same complaint is found over and over.  Coincidence?  Maybe, but also maybe not. A select few seemingly are given great teams match after match while others suffer through clealry substandard teams where at least x2 are killed in under 60 secs.  NONE of the "high win rate" players face these odds consistently, despite their wholly unsupported claims to the contrary.  And I think there in lies part of the problem--since the high win rate players rarely experience the disadvantages of others, they can't objectively even consider that maybe, just maybe, there is something amiss.  In fairness however, those players who go full on yolo arent helping their team to victory for sure.

Let me provide one data point supporting above.  Here is the team makeup from my last match...and I will say these are the teams I'm on vs what I face the majority of the time (I'd estimate 70%ish):

Green Team          Red Team

56.08%                  72.35%

55.82%                  63.27%

53.74%                  62.11%

53.51%                  61.85%

51.76%                  57.47%

51.26%                  53.47%

47.71%                  47.83%

How is the above showing that match maker doesnt SIGNIFICANTLY favor one team over the other?

Its now to the point where I have zero confidence in a win or loss because of the blatant skewing of the matches.

Another poibt that I'd make is that WG has never put in writing that the matches ARENT skewed towards one team or another.  To be sure, they have given very vague and non-committal explainations about match maker and battle tiers, etc.  A unqualified and definitive "matches arent rigged and the teams are evenly matched"?  Ive never seen it, but apologize fully upfront again if I missed something.

One final discussion I'd add is simply this:  why not jettison all the vague battle tier blah blah blah and just make matches based on win rate?  Why in the world would 40%rs be in a match with 60%rs?

I think its very telling that matches arent made based on win rates.  Would you ever see a heavyweight fight a fly weight in the UFC?

Looking forward to hearing rational points of view pro/con.  Please take the fanboi insults and groundless apologies down the street.

Edited by jeeperaf, 25 December 2016 - 02:40 AM.

michaeltsoon #48 Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:02 AM

No.1 Gold-Slinging Unicum

• Players
  • 39538 battles
  • [HATED]

View Postjeeperaf, on 24 December 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

With all respect to the OP, and I certainly don't mean to insult, but from some points of view, it really comes across as very condescending.  I say this because what if the player really isnt as responsible for a loss as some would have us all believe?

While I would agree there are players with different levels of skills, it's Very suspiciounjs, again from the lens of a healthy number of players, that matches are rigged each and every time.

How so?  It seemingly, based on my observations and that of others, that one team is clearly given preference via team mates, view ranges, and rng.  By these I mean 1-2 afk while the other team is full go, that one player who feels compelled to go off alone only to be killed in the first 30 secs, the mysterious they see you, but yet you just cant see them for another critical few seconds, and of course every shot they make easily pens with 500 damage while all your point blank with gold shots, right into rear of enemy either bounce or ghost.

Please spare me the "tin foil hat" insults and the calls for video this, video that.  The exact same can be said to provide proof the game isnt rigged as much as it is.  There is just too much anecdotal evidence to suggest all is well amd fair.  Massive losing streaks (I consistently experience 15-20+) are essentially statistically impossible if match maker truly created even teams--and further suspicion is cast by the lack of equitable, if at all, same length winning streaks.  The highly consistent outcome, regardless of win or lose, appears to be again and again 5-7 left on the winning team and and complete wipeout of the other. 

Also, its shortsighted to look at a player's individual stats and make the absolute inference that they are the cause of said losing streaks.  While I agree it COULD BE an indication, it is also well within the realm of possible that a player is placed on such disadvantaged teams, they couldnt possible score any damage when faced against "multiple enemies on one" scenarios.

Im sure the apologists are going to howl reading this, but across all of WGs game offerings, the same complaint is found over and over.  Coincidence?  Maybe, but also maybe not. A select few seemingly are given great teams match after match while others suffer through clealry substandard teams where at least x2 are killed in under 60 secs.  NONE of the "high win rate" players face these odds consistently, despite their wholly unsupported claims to the contrary.  And I think there in lies part of the problem--since the high win rate players rarely experience the disadvantages of others, they can't objectively even consider that maybe, just maybe, there is something amiss.  In fairness however, those players who go full on yolo arent helping their team to victory for sure.

Let me provide one data point supporting above.  Here is the team makeup from my last match...and I will say these are the teams I'm on vs what I face the majority of the time (I'd estimate 70%ish):

Green Team          Red Team

56.08%                  72.35%

55.82%                  63.27%

53.74%                  62.11%

53.51%                  61.85%

51.76%                  57.47%

51.26%                  53.47%

47.71%                  47.83%

How is the above showing that match maker doesnt SIGNIFICANTLY favor one team over the other?

Its now to the point where I have zero confidence in a win or loss because of the blatant skewing of the matches.

Another poibt that I'd make is that WG has never put in writing that the matches ARENT skewed towards one team or another.  To be sure, they have given very vague and non-committal explainations about match maker and battle tiers, etc.  A unqualified and definitive "matches arent rigged and the teams are evenly matched"?  Ive never seen it, but apologize fully upfront again if I missed something.

One final discussion I'd add is simply this:  why not jettison all the vague battle tier blah blah blah and just make matches based on win rate?  Why in the world would 40%rs be in a match with 60%rs?

I think its very telling that matches arent made based on win rates.  Would you ever see a heavyweight fight a fly weight in the UFC?

Looking forward to hearing rational points of view pro/con.  Please take the fanboi insults and groundless apologies down the street.

1. Everyone gets the same teams as you do. While MM may be rigged it's up to you to influence the matches you can. That is the primary difference between 40%ers and 60%ers. In other words, winning matches you're technically not SUPPOSED to be winning

2. No skilled mm. EVER. In the end everyone will end up with a 48% winrate and the cycle would repeat itself.

Administrative Officer of [HATED] - Hated for a reason.

Founder of [PZ3] - Always Loyal, Always Fighting, Always Courageous. PZ3 will carry!

My stats

BluesAllDay #49 Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8142 battles
  • [SRV]

Could be the wrong topic but it might apply. Trying to figure out how after the new year I can empty the ammo rack shot after shot after shot. Front, side rear, all battle long and do zero, yes zero, damage. Battle after battle all day long. Loosing 9 out of ten battles doing zero damage. My game play has not changed.

BluesAllDay #50 Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8142 battles
  • [SRV]

Funny part is after every shot I heard "that's got to hurt", "another one like that should finish him", we hit them hard. But yet at battles end... nothing.

BluesAllDay #51 Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8142 battles
  • [SRV]

It feels as though whomever was on was not allowed to take damage, for whatever reason, it's just not believable that a tier 5 heavy cannot do any damage all day long. Sorry but being a NOOB or just in a lower skill set only goes so far to explain it.

BluesAllDay #52 Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8142 battles
  • [SRV]

Over 30 games yesterday, Only 3 wins (10%). One battle 15 shots from a KV1, 14 of those were hits. Zero damage. today everything seems normal again. So for 8 hours, 30 games, I own a KV1 that does no damage. For some reason  find that hard to believe. Something rotten was going on for sure.

BluesAllDay #53 Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8142 battles
  • [SRV]
More good news, I'm not tilted, I'm just a bad player. Lol.

Also tagged with rage, noobs, pubs, streaks, loss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users