In-Game Platoon Mate Finding Methods

Platoon in game methods help Missions work around feedback frustration clan clan perks battle results

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

A_Canadian_Master #1 Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11328 battles
  • [JTF2C]

Soliciting ideas for your best methods of linking up with potential platoon mates In-Game. Looking at the last ten posts I see 4 requests that have gone unanswered so if this is the 'perfect spot to find a fellow tanker to "tank-it up" with'  then I'm in serious trouble....and so are you. Almost. I have a method to help you out so you never have to come back here hours later to find you've completely wasted your time.

1. Battle in the tier you are seeking to platoon in. Make note during and after the battle of skilled players playing in your target tier as you will later target these players with solicitations to platoon.

2.After the battle via the team results  page identify your potential platoon players. Pressing on any player name can give you access to their record further informing your appraisal of the player's skill. I look for hit percentage around 75% as a primary indicator. I know that win ratio is totally irrelevant for older payers unfortunately. A high ratio is good no doubt but a low number means little as many players constantly exited to garage to avoid being 3rd lowest tiers in the old 3 tier system. It happened a lot. 

3. Having identified your platoon mate target, send them a solicitation via the Platton button in the garage.

Not everybody loves being asked to platoon by strangers out of the blue, but with some persistence you will find a gamer to go. The advantages with this method is you know players are already online working within your target tier, and you have seen their quality and record.

Hope this helps, let me know if you know another way besides working with your clan which, by the way, is not really a method unless you catch them online.

Edited by A_Canadian_Master, 19 October 2016 - 06:31 AM.

TOMAS_legend_Xeraux #2 Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3312 battles
On that note, anyone want to stomp with some T82 or Cruiser IV platoons? 

PC super-unicum

Retired Blitz unicum Current Blitz pubbie

Blitz garage:

M5 Stuart, M4 Sherman, T82, Pz II J, BT-7 A, A-20, T-34-85 Victory, KV-2, IS, IS-6, SU-122-44, Cruiser IV, Centurion I, AT 15A, Ke-Ho, O-47

AnathsHairy3rdLeg #3 Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36481 battles
  • [WEAK]
*Then they look at your stats and ignore you* :/ rip (;-; )

Edited by MorphmanMVP, 19 October 2016 - 06:48 AM.

#bananath

End the reign of this tyrant

Achuuu___ #4 Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:51 AM

"Lul" in Dutch

• Players
  • 13160 battles
  • [501DV]

View PostMorphmanMVP, on 18 October 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

*Then they look at your stats and ignore you* :/ rip (;-; )

:teethhappy:      Speaking from personal exp of doing that to others?

Edited by Achuuu___, 19 October 2016 - 06:52 AM.

¯\_()_/¯     Stupidity at its finest   ¯\_()_/¯

BorisBaddenov #5 Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:30 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26954 battles
  • [III-R]

The first thing I do when I get an "out of the blue platoon invite" is to laugh.

Then I go check their stats.  And if they are a 45% player,  -- I will decline the invite.  I am not good enough to carry a potato.

I think this is a poor approach.  Try this instead...

After the game, check the stats of the players that did well in that match.  If you find one with good stats, send them a note telling them they had a great game.   Ask them nicely if they have a few minutes to give you some advice.  Then listen to it.  Add them to your friends list - if they accept, then you might be able to ask if they would platoon with you for a few games and give you some pointers on how to improve.  -- Do this -- and you will have must better luck than the guy who sends random Platoon invites.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

barca_fan_1967 #6 Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:46 PM

Blaugrana al vent

• Players
  • 35351 battles
  • [DOMN8]

I'd suggest platooning with members of your clan, and if that is not working out for you look for a more active clan.

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 20 October 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:

Then I go check their stats.  And if they are a 45% player,  -- I will decline the invite.  I am not good enough to carry a potato.

Same goes for me - potatoes are heavy and I have a bad back.

I rarely accept platoon requests from unknowns. I will talk to people after battle, and if we/they did half decent I consider it.

Also - you should always be able to platoon with members of your clan. If that's not working leave and find a more active clan.

I'd recommend you check out the Basic Training clan [-BT-] Check this thread It's a clan created to help mentor players and help improve their skills.

"Illegitimi non carborundum"

A_Canadian_Master #7 Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11328 battles
  • [JTF2C]

View Postbarca_fan_1967, on 21 October 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

I'd suggest platooning with members of your clan, and if that is not working out for you look for a more active clan.

Also - you should always be able to platoon with members of your clan. If that's not working leave and find a more active clan.

Regarding your suggestion towards joining an active clan; 

First of of all, if I am platooning for a mission I need them to accept me before the time runs out. Not likely and no guarantee. Besides, I doubt that even an active clan would help much. My method is waaaaaay better thanks.

BTW, This is another of wargaming's impotent solutions to platooning in-game. First of all, like you said, the clan needs to be active. Especially when you need them. No guarantee. Then your platoon mates need to be feeling altruistic and willing to go to your tier. No guarantee. You know it's not really a good plan towards platooning in game with any consistency.

A_Canadian_Master #8 Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11328 battles
  • [JTF2C]

View Postbarca_fan_1967, on 21 October 2016 - 03:46 PM, 

I'd recommend you check out the Basic Training clan [-BT-] Check this thread It's a clan created to help mentor players and help improve their skills.

I assume you are making the clan suggestion to me. Thanks for the clan suggestion but I need to point out I have over 8k battles and a 75% hit rate. Since you're a veteran player you know full well that win ratio is a totally irrelevant stat. 

Check out the guaranteed method thread for an updated approach to this problem thanks!!

barca_fan_1967 #9 Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:56 PM

Blaugrana al vent

• Players
  • 35351 battles
  • [DOMN8]

There are several clans that are full of active players. Clans like that it's easy to find a platoon. Randomly messaging any/all only guarantees that only the most desperate will platoon with you.

View PostA_Canadian_Master, on 21 October 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:

I assume you are making the clan suggestion to me. Thanks for the clan suggestion but I need to point out I have over 8k battles and a 75% hit rate. Since you're a veteran player you know full well that win ratio is a totally irrelevant stat. 

Check out the guaranteed method thread for an updated approach to this problem thanks!!

Please take the following as useful advice and not a personal attack.

I don't want to turn this into a stats thing but I'm not basing my clan recommendation on win rate. I'm basing it on looking at your stats as a whole. WR while not the most important stat is also not completely irrelevant either.

WN8,Survival,Dmg Ratio, Kills/Btl, Kills/Death, Avg Damage and number of tanks you have a Mastery in all weigh in on assessing your skill.

Check your stats at wotbstars.com or blitzstars.com. You would benefit from learning some basic skills so you can start pulling your weight (or more than your weight)in battles.

Don't know if you have watched any videos on the YouTube, but as a start Bushka and the 'How Not to Explode' series is a good primer.

Cheers

"Illegitimi non carborundum"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users