Find In-Game Platoon Mates! Guaranteed!

Platoon platoon mates messaging missions frustration Platoon mate incomplete game work around platoon forum Spamming

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

A_Canadian_Master #1 Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11328 battles
  • [JTF2C]

The ability to quickly and easily find platoon mates in game is woefully lacking in the current version. Add to this a currently ongoing promotion for (basically unwinnable) tanks that require occasional platoon missions and you have a source of considerable frustration for a large numbers of players. 

After a lot of trial and error I have a sure fire method of finding platoon mates. A caveat here...I am not worried about quality of player one bit by this point...just FINDING a platoon mate is  success. 

Guaranteed Method

1. Battle with a tank in the tier you are targeting to platoon in.

2. Message all players the following " Tier # platoon needed. Reply y ".

3. Make note of all players who reply "y".

4. After the game send those players platoon invites.

Battle chat is notoriously abridged but the above message will fit. Usually I find at least one person per battle with this method but you may need to go two or three battles before you find success. 

Since comng to this forum is an absolutely absurd option for most players, the above method will at least get you started towards the impossible task of finding platoon mates in-game. 

Despite the fact that you are initially spamming the battles you join - at least you now have a method that works!!! 

Happy Tanking!

Edited by A_Canadian_Master, 21 October 2016 - 02:29 PM.

CelticVoivod #2 Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41639 battles
  • [KRONO]

I feel the urge to be incredibly sarcastic, but I won't.

But you've just stated the blatantly obvious.

Another way is to join a clan. An active clan.

Why am i even commenting here? I must be really bored.

KELL - TICK - VOY - VOD.

WE ARE KRONOS.

_34 #3 Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:49 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

• Players
  • 27029 battles
  • [PNCR]
was it you that mad this same forum post two weeks ago? or are you just copy/pasting and changing the words a bit?

Watch me on Twitch! https://twitch.tv/34wotb

-  Mondays        8:00pm EST

-  Thursdays      1:30pm EST

AnathsHairy3rdLeg #4 Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36508 battles
  • [WEAK]
Despite the fact the main populous that will respond will be made of 40%ers.

#bananath

End the reign of this tyrant

A_Canadian_Master #5 Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11328 battles
  • [JTF2C]

View PostCelticVoivod, on 21 October 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

I feel the urge to be incredibly sarcastic, but I won't.

But you've just stated the blatantly obvious.

Another way is to join a clan. An active clan.

Why am i even commenting here? I must be really bored.

No doubt this is obvious to you but I solicited ideas to find in game platoon mates previously and nobody offered this up. If you look back you will find I was recommending a worse method so felt the need to share this in a thread.

Regarding your suggestion towards joining an active clan; 

First of of all, if I am platooning for a mission I need them to accept me before the time runs out. Not likely and no guarantee. Besides, I doubt that even an active clan would help much. My method is waaaaaay better thanks.

BTW, This is another of wargaming's impotent solutions to platooning in-game. First of all, like you said, the clan needs to be active. Especially when you need them. No guarantee. Then your platoon mates need to be feeling altruistic and willing to go to your tier. No guarantee. You know it's not really a good plan towards platooning in game with any consistency.

If this method of spamming the battle was so obvious to you, You could have suggested this to my previous thread that asked for easy methods to platoon in game. It would have saved me some time ...but thanks for the criticism I guess....

Edited by A_Canadian_Master, 21 October 2016 - 03:55 PM.

A_Canadian_Master #6 Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11328 battles
  • [JTF2C]

View Post_34, on 21 October 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

was it you that mad this same forum post two weeks ago? or are you just copy/pasting and changing the words a bit?

It's totally new method and thread topic. The similar thread was soliciting ideas towards Ingame platooning methods while this thread is discussing the battle spamming method only.

Are there any other threads and topics I can help clarify for you? Happy to help you make sense of what people mean when they start threads!

A_Canadian_Master #7 Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11328 battles
  • [JTF2C]

View PostMorphmanMVP, on 21 October 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

Despite the fact the main populous that will respond will be made of 40%ers.

Ha! Likely correct...but like I said, just finding a platoon mate ingame is the purpose here. I even said I didn't care about the quality of player, a pure luxury under their current ingame platooning options. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users