Halloween tanks make my black Prince total useless .

T6 dracula Helsing ho Black Prince Dominated Need a buff

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Three60Mafia #21 Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13084 battles

View PostCptCheez, on 27 October 2016 - 10:54 AM, said:

Oh please, there was a grand total of *1* tier 5 tank in that game.  4 of the 7 reds were Tier 7, and only 2 were tier 6.  It's a very similar matchup to what you'd see in a Black Prince today.

What it proves is that the BP is not "never a good tank to begin with", nor a "piece of excrement", as people have claimed in this thread.

If you're trying to follow mediums in your BP, you're playing the BP wrong.  Stop doing that.

No it doesn't. You posted a 2 year old screenshot from -2/+2 days on a map that doesn't exist.  BP always struggled and continues to struggle still.

How does BP perform in -1/+1? It gets reamed by everything that doesn't try to shoot it in the front. 

The entire british heavy line is trash up until Conq anyhow. 

Edited by Three60Mafia, 27 October 2016 - 04:01 PM.

Click on signature to be taken to full stat page!

CptCheez #22 Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:07 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostThree60Mafia, on 27 October 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:

The entire british heavy line is trash up until Conq anyhow. 

Stated by a guy who Free XP'd his way past the entire line.  Yeah, ok.  So who should everyone listen to...the guy who has never played a single game in ANY tank in this line?

Or the one who actually HAS played them, and did rather well in each and every one of them?

I'll let the readers decide.  Like I said, you have to play to the tank's strengths.  Once you learn how to do that, these tanks are fantastic.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

Three60Mafia #23 Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13084 battles

View PostCptCheez, on 27 October 2016 - 11:07 AM, said:

Stated by a guy who Free XP'd his way past the entire line.  Yeah, ok.  So who should everyone listen to...the guy who has never played a single game in ANY tank in this line?

Or the one who actually HAS played them, and did rather well in each and every one of them?

I'll let the readers decide.  Like I said, you have to play to the tank's strengths.  Once you learn how to do that, these tanks are fantastic.

Yeah the entire line is SO GOOD... that you havent played any of them to 100 battles nor played them in -1/+1 ... nor have touched ANY OF THEM in 12+ months.

Your opinion is outdated and irrelevant. 

My guess? The lucky streaks started to end, tanks started to suck and you realized that they are pretty crappy and so you bailed. 

Edited by Three60Mafia, 27 October 2016 - 04:13 PM.

Leadf00t #24 Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8522 battles

View PostCptCheez, on 28 October 2016 - 12:07 AM, said:

In fairness, you haven't touched most of those in over a year.

Edited by Leadf00t, 27 October 2016 - 04:12 PM.

CptCheez #25 Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:14 PM

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostThree60Mafia, on 27 October 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

Yeah the entire line is SO GOOD... that you havent played any of them to 100 battles nor played them in -1/+1 ... nor have touched ANY OF THEM in 12+ months.

Your opinion is outdated and irrelevant. 

I have lots of other tanks to play.  I don't often go back and play tanks that I finished grinding and sold off a year ago.  Doesn't take away from the fact that I DID play them and performed well in all of them.  If it would make you feel better, I could rebuy the BP today and still go perform well in it.  But that probably still wouldn't shut you up.

My view of them might be outdated, but yours is nonexistent, considering you haven't played ANY of them at all.  But keep on ignoring that fact and spouting your nonsense.

View PostLeadf00t, on 27 October 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

In fairness, you haven't touched most of those in over a year.

I'm aware of that, but aside from the change in matchmaking, these tanks have not changed significantly since I did last play them.  I grind every tank line.  When I'm done with a tank (meaning it's Elite), I sell it and move on to the next one in the line, which is why many of these didn't make it to 100 battles and haven't been played in a while.  I haven't had any reason to go back and re-buy any of these.  Just because I sold them doesn't mean they're bad.

Edited by CptCheez, 27 October 2016 - 04:23 PM.

Leadf00t #26 Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8522 battles
If there's one thing I've learned about those tanks from talking to people who have them it's that they suck -- and the feedback has been very consistent.  I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you based on that admittedly second hand information.  You were clearly good at them -- the numbers don't lie -- but it appears to me that your performance is more the exception than the rule.

Edited by Leadf00t, 27 October 2016 - 04:19 PM.

Three60Mafia #27 Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13084 battles

View PostCptCheez, on 27 October 2016 - 11:14 AM, said:

I have lots of other tanks to play.  I don't often go back and play tanks that I finished grinding and sold off a year ago.  Doesn't take away from the fact that I DID play them and performed well in all of them.

My view of them might be outdated, but yours is nonexistent, considering you haven't played ANY of them at all.

I'm aware of that.  I grind every tank line.  When I'm done with a tank (meaning it's Elite), I sell it and move on to the next one in the line.  I haven't had any reason to go back and re-buy any of these.  Just because I sold them doesn't mean they're bad.

It's called reading the stats and knowing the performance, as well as doing research. I played up until Matilda and realized that there was no fun to be had in the entire forsaken line. So yes, I free XP'd to to Conq. And I still have to gather more FreeXP because Conq has more modules than anything else. 

And the reason you didn't go back to any of those tanks is because they are awful. 

Do I have to eat [edited]to know it tastes like [edited]? 

Find me a single glowing review of any of the Churchills or BP... doesn't matter if its PC or Blitz. 

those tanks have some strengths, sure, but they have so many weaknesses and issues that they are absolutely irrelevant. 

Edited by Three60Mafia, 27 October 2016 - 04:18 PM.

CptCheez #28 Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:21 PM

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostThree60Mafia, on 27 October 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

It's called reading the stats and knowing the performance, as well as doing research. I played up until Matilda and realized that there was no fun to be had in the entire forsaken line. So yes, I free XP'd to to Conq. And I still have to gather more FreeXP because Conq has more modules than anything else. 

And the reason you didn't go back to any of those tanks is because they are awful. 

Do I have to eat [edited]to know it tastes like [edited]? 

Find me a single glowing review of any of the Churchills or BP... doesn't matter if its PC or Blitz. 

those tanks have some strengths, sure, but they have so many weaknesses and issues that they are absolutely irrelevant. 

I stated the reason why I didn't go back to these tanks.  The fact that you chose to ignore what I said doesn't change reality.

Sorry, but your opinion is utterly and completely inconsequential when it comes to these tanks.  You cannot know what these tanks are like until you've played them.  And you haven't.  So good day, sir.

But here's a question you actually can answer:  Why did you feel the need to jump into this thread, in which you hadn't previously participated, and attack me?  All I did was defend the merits of a tank that I enjoyed.  There's no reason whatsoever for your hostility.

Edited by CptCheez, 27 October 2016 - 04:24 PM.

Three60Mafia #29 Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13084 battles

View PostCptCheez, on 27 October 2016 - 11:21 AM, said:

I stated the reason why I didn't go back to these tanks.  The fact that you chose to ignore what I said doesn't change reality.

Sorry, but your opinion is utterly and completely inconsequential when it comes to these tanks.  You cannot know what these tanks are like until you've played them.  And you haven't.  So good day, sir.

All I see you saying is closing your ears and yelling loudly. 

I told you my reasons for skipping them. They are terrible and it is widely accepted fact that they are terrible by entire WoT community, on any platform. 

Just cause you played some good games doesn't mean anything. You played them years back when BP seal clubbed Tier 5 tanks that couldn't do anything to you and you couldn't even muster 100 games in one of them.

So your opinion is irrelevant, outdated and frankly, pointless because playing less than 100 battles means nothing.  

BP has one of the lowest WR in Tier 7 heavy lineup. 

I can read and I can do research and I have PC experience. 

I dare you to play 100 games in -1/+1 in BP and post your results. 

Edited by Three60Mafia, 27 October 2016 - 04:25 PM.

Leadf00t #30 Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8522 battles
Looking at wotbstars, it appears as if the BP and third from last in terms of WR for Tier 7 heavies (only the Tiger 1 and Tiger (p) were worse).

Edited by Leadf00t, 27 October 2016 - 04:25 PM.

CptCheez #31 Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:28 PM

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostThree60Mafia, on 27 October 2016 - 12:24 PM, said:

All I see you saying is closing your ears and yelling loudly. 

Just cause you played some good games doesn't mean anything. You played them years back when BP seal clubbed Tier 5 tanks that couldn't do anything to you and you couldn't even must 100 games in one of them.

So your opinion is irrelevant, outdated and frankly, pointless because playing less than 100 battles means nothing.  

I dare you to play 100 games in -1/+1 in BP and post your results. 

I'M the one closing my ears and yelling? LOL  You're the one spouting off crap about tanks you've never even played and attacking someone who actually HAS played them..  Thanks for the laugh though.

You can dare me all you want, but sorry, I'm not a child.  I play tanks until they're Elite, and then I sell them.  That's why they didn't get to 100 battles.  Why 100 battles?  Why is that your "magic number" for rating a tank?  Because that's when wotbstars ranks it?  Who cares?  That's a completely arbitrary number picked out of thin air.  I didn't play just "some" good games in them.  I played many, many good games in them, which is why my averages are high...because that's how math works.

How about YOU go play 100 games in it so that you actually have a relevant and realistic idea of how it performs.  No?  Ok then, we're done here.

Edited by CptCheez, 27 October 2016 - 04:29 PM.

Three60Mafia #32 Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13084 battles

View PostCptCheez, on 27 October 2016 - 11:28 AM, said:

I'M the one closing my ears and yelling? LOL  You're the one spouting off crap about tanks you've never even played and attacking someone who actually HAS played them..  Thanks for the laugh though.

You can dare me all you want, but sorry, I'm not a child.  I play tanks until they're Elite, and then I sell them.  That's why they didn't get to 100 battles.  Why 100 battles?  Why is that your "magic number" for rating a tank?  Because that's when wotbstars ranks it?  Who cares?  That's a completely arbitrary number picked out of thin air.  I didn't play just "some" good games in them.  I played almost all good games in them, which is why my averages are high...because that's how math works.

How about YOU go play 100 games in it so that you actually have a relevant and realistic idea of how it performs.  No?  Ok then, we're done here.

We are indeed done here. Go play more Ke-Ni, the real choice of skilled players. 

How it performs? 3rd worst Tier 7 heavy. Numbers don't lie. 1 year old numbers are irrelevant. 

Like I said, find me a single opinion stating that BP or anything in the line to Conq is amazing? All I'm seeing is people writing guides for MINIMIZING THE NUMEROUS DOWNSIDES of the tanks. 

/thread. 

Edited by Three60Mafia, 27 October 2016 - 04:32 PM.

CptCheez #33 Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:33 PM

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostThree60Mafia, on 27 October 2016 - 12:30 PM, said:

Go play more Ke-Ni, the real choice of skilled players. 

Oh you mean the tank that isn't even in my top 25 by # of battles played?  Someone sounds salty that he didn't manage to buy one when they were on sale.  Sorry there, little buddy.  It'll be ok.

Three60Mafia #34 Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13084 battles

View PostCptCheez, on 27 October 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

Oh you mean the tank that isn't even in my top 25 by # of battles played?  Someone sounds salty that he didn't manage to buy one when they were on sale.  Sorry there, little buddy.  It'll be ok.

You say you have other tank priorities which is why you don't play BP... clearly those priorities are seal clubbing... and then some occasional tier 7 tanks. 

Again, the hallmark of excellence. 

Third worst Tier 7 heavy. Prove me wrong? 

Oh that's right you can't. 

"other priorities". 

Edited by Three60Mafia, 27 October 2016 - 04:36 PM.

Three60Mafia #35 Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13084 battles

How about this for a stat

Top 5 players in Black Prince haven't touched the tank in a year of 2016.

Must be because its so good. 

hue

CptCheez #36 Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:50 PM

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostThree60Mafia, on 27 October 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

You say you have other tank priorities which is why you don't play BP... clearly those priorities are seal clubbing... and then some occasional tier 7 tanks. 

I get tier 3 missions sometimes.  I play the Otsu to complete them.  The tier 7 tanks (SU-100M1, LTTB, SP I C) are the ones I've been grinding lately.  I just finished LTTB and SP I C which is why you'll see I've played the T-54 lightweight in the past few days.  I also play my other premiums sometimes to make credits, because that what they're for.  And I play anniversary tanks to get the x2 credits on those.  Those are my priorities.  Grinding new tanks and making enough credits to buy them and their equipment.  Sometimes I go on a losing streak in a tank I'm grinding and then I play something lower tier to win so that I don't rage-delete the game.  I'm sorry my priorities are different than yours.

First it was that I haven't played the BP in over a year.  Now I'm a seal clubber?  You're reaching for straws trying to find new ways to insult me and bring me down, and for what purpose?  To feel better about yourself?  It'd be pretty hilarious if it weren't so sad and desperate.

Edited by CptCheez, 27 October 2016 - 04:55 PM.

Three60Mafia #37 Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13084 battles

View PostCptCheez, on 27 October 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

I get tier 3 missions sometimes.  I play the Otsu to complete them.  The tier 7 tanks (SU-100M1, LTTB, SP I C) are the ones I've been grinding lately.  I just finished LTTB and SP I C which is why you'll see I've played the T-54 lightweight in the past few days.  I also play my other premiums sometimes to make credits, because that what they're for.  And I play anniversary tanks to get the x2 credits on those.  Those are my priorities.  Grinding new tanks and making enough credits to buy them and their equipment.  Sometimes I go on a losing streak in a tank I'm grinding and then I play something lower tier to win so that I don't rage-delete the game.

First it was that I haven't played the BP in over a year.  Now I'm a seal clubber?  You're reaching for straws trying to find new ways to insult me and bring me down, and for what purpose?  To feel better about yourself?  It'd be pretty hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

It's a terrible tank. 

Everyone knows it. 

Give up. 

Even best players on server that touched it did the exact same thing in it that you did - played it for a bit and never touched it again. 

Must be because its an amazing tank. 

Top 5 people didn't play it in 12+ months. 

Including you. 

Again, all signs of amazing tank. 

/not

And: https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by Three60Mafia, 27 October 2016 - 04:55 PM.

Icefang50 #38 Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:00 PM

Endeavor to Persevere

• Players
  • 34640 battles
  • [-MAX-]

The personal attacks and discussions about a player's history have definitely steered this way off topic. 

Thank you for contacting us. 

We are sorry to acknowledge that you've faced this issue, it will be fixed. If we can be of further assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us.

CptCheez #39 Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:00 PM

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostThree60Mafia, on 27 October 2016 - 12:55 PM, said:

It's a terrible tank. 

Everyone knows it. 

Give up. 

Why is it SO important to you that everyone have the same opinion you do, of a tank you've never played?  Why do you have such a problem with the fact that some people might actually like that tank?

Some people like the VK P.  I personally hated it.  It's the only tank I've ever Free XP'd my way past.  Some people like the DW2.  I personally hated it.  But I'm not going on the forums attacking them for their opinion.

Edited by CptCheez, 27 October 2016 - 05:02 PM.

66_75_63_6b_20_79_6f_75 #40 Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:01 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]

So, back to the Original question.

Do the Halloween tanks render the Black Prince unplayable?

Or like every single Tank in the Game, is it up to the Driver to evolve into finding its proper current application.

Is it also possible that certain Tanks will require more skill and ability to have success with due to the eb and flow of new Tanks entering the Game.

I doubt the Halloween Tanks have any impact on the Black Prince exclusively. Since other added Tanks are statistically better than them. Having skipped the Brit Heavies lower Tiers, my advice is to wait and see if someone of higher skill, that is actively playing the Tank can give you specific pointers. 

My closest Tank would be the AT15A. Recently having played it. I just drove straight at the Reds, gun blazing, using its armor to draw fire in hopes of keeping Red occupied. 

Good Luck.

Edited by R0CKET, 27 October 2016 - 05:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users