MausOP Rip youtube channel How to play Maus

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

RH_131 #1 Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:12 AM

Maus Master

• Players
  • 33527 battles
  • [PRAMO]

After 3 weeks of my attempt to upload a video edition of this guide have failed due to my lack of Ipad Mini storage, it appears that for now my youtube channel will have to go MIA for the time being until I am able to find another way of editing and uploading videos. But since multiple people have asked me to do a Maus guide this will have to do for the time being. This guide will teach you all of the core, necessary tactics to rise above the plebians who yolo grinded this machine because they saw big numbers under its armor rating. It is at this point Id like to mention that this guide will only work if you A.) Have a Maus, B.) Have multiple functioning braincells, and C.) Actually care. So, let us begin

Section 1: How to spend your hard earned credits

So you've just bought yourself the worlds largest armored vehicle, how do you make it overpowered? To start off you'll want a 75% crew, Rammer, V-Stabs, Vents/Spall Liner, and some nice paint so you can be triggered when it gets scratched. For Consumables take Adrenaline, MRP, and Nitro. On top of these the heavy tank skills you should focus on are Adrenaline Rush and Close Quarters Combat. For ammo, take 45 AP, 15 APCR, and 8 HE. This thing carries enough ammo to wipe out an entire Russian Tank Battalion, if you ever run out in game you are a special kind of stupid. After you have bought all this and sold your soul to Wargaming in order to pay, you are now ready to play your first game.

Section 2: The Thrill of Battle

Well now its time to start fighting. Remember that while you have the best armor of any vehicle in the game, its absolutely useless without angling. Now ask yourself this question, Do I know how to Sidescrape? If you answered No, then sell your Maus right now, and uninstall the game so I don't have to see your stupidity in game and carry you. For those of you that aren't braindead, while sidescraping is useful, there are a few more armor hints to take note of. First, always ANGLE YOUR TURRET BETWEEN SHOTS, unless you want to eat rounds through your cheeks. The turret should be angled at a 30-60 Degree, and wiggling is key to bouncing heat rounds. That angle is also optimal for the hull, and if you go forward and backward while wiggling the turret you should be able to bounce noobs and decent players, we will cover the Purples later. Your best bet is to hide your lower plate, angle up, and watch as thousands of credits ricochet off your armor. When you have a multitude of targets, prioritize your targets based on who can harm you the most. First off, Tier X Tds, as well as Jagdtigers due to their high pen and accuracy. Next you try to kill off all tier X mediums, prioritize the Soviets. Next is your equal tier heavies, E-100s, E5s, and 215bs have the high priority, other Maus and IS tanks have low enough pen to not be a threat. Lastly, you finish off the rest. Prioritizing will help you in late game, and is key to truly succeeding in the Maus.

Now as I said, this guide is helpful to fighting the average Blitz plebs, but as many of you know there are a group of players who actually know how to play. The art of fighting them is an acquired skill, but there are a few things that can help you combat them effectively, and in order to explain them I will make a separate guide for tomorrow.

#1 Maus Damage Record Holder

"We just lost to 2 tanks that shouldn't even be considered for clan wars"-Anonymous after being defeated by the PNCR Maus tank division.   (2015 PNCR, not 3-0 Mobile Masters PNCR, we were actually good)

Tanks left to get: WZ 120, WZ 121, WZ 111 1-4, WZ 113
Tanks I own: STB-1, Jg. Pz. E-100, FV215b 183, FV 4202, T-62A, IS-7, Obj 263, Foch 155, B-C 25t, WZ 110, T-34-2
Tanks I own(and like): E-50 M, E-100, Maus, Leopard 1, Grille 15, Obj 140, IS-4, Obj 268, T110E5, T110E4, T110E3, T57 Heavy, M48 Patton, AMX 50b, FV215b, E75, Jagdtiger, IS-3D, T34 Independence, Tiger II, Jagdtiger 88, Van Helsing, LTP, KV2, Kuro, Hetzer SP, and Pz 4 Anko
Favorite Tank: M4A3E8 FURY
          I have a YouTube channel, if you enjoy 1 video every year press the subscribe button

Gitgudm9 #2 Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9782 battles
  • [MAHOU]
Very dank, +1

"Anime girls were made to be lewded." - Klaus_Klavier

_DragonKRIEG #3 Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:22 AM

LetsMakeTheForumsBurnSomeMore

• Players
  • 29707 battles
  • [RGN]
Or get an E 100.

woof_defender #4 Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:23 AM

⚔️Fallen Guardian⚔️

• Players
  • 33396 battles
  • [MAHOU]
Awesome. I plan to get a Maus someday. Probably before the end of next year. Only problem is the tier 6. I hate it.

“One day you will leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember” ~Avicii~

r4zrbl4de #5 Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:24 AM

Camo Fetish

• Players
  • 14268 battles
You'll need (and want) to angle your turret a little more than your hull, since the turret sides are 200 and the hull sides are only 185. With the perfect angle on your turret, HEAT rounds with 330-340 mm of pen will go through the turret 30% of the time, which is pretty low.

Wboys #6 Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:29 AM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 32392 battles
  • [VRTX]

I have 700+ battles in my own Maus and I approve this guide. One thing I think you should add is how aggressive you need to be in it. Sadly my overall Maus stats are permalocked at around 56% wr, but the last time I had free premium time I played 80 battles in it mostly solo and got 65% wr 2,550 average damage. The huge difference is that I and many other players that get the Maus are too focused on sidescraping and being defensive. My early Maus stats were like 52% win rate 51% survival.

When Lephturn did that podcast where he said he was having trouble liking the Maus I offered to platoon with him and help him out and he was just the same way. He had 46% win rate 47% survival. This is a problem I see lots of good players doing in the Maus. You have it drilled into your brain so hard to conserve HP, and the armor on the Maus makes it all too easy to be supah heavy and be full health vs 7 reds. Lots of my early Maus battles I remember having draws because the reds couldn't kill me in time because I was always so focus on slanting and being heavy I'd be the last guy left but I didn't do enough damage.

https://www.blitzsta...layer/com/Wboys

Leader of Vort3x

Goals: 60% wr without stat padding, researching all tier Xs (1 left!)

Favorite Mark Twain quotes: "Man was made at the end of the work week, when God was tired." ~ "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~ "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." ~ "Don't let school interfere with your education." ~ "Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ "Go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

awesomeplayer9690 #7 Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24475 battles
  • [NORTH]

No

Section 3: Usefulness of your HP

You have the highest HP in the entire game. Congratulations. That doesn't mean you can sell it like hotcakes. No, you sell it like IS-6 Fearless es T-127 Fury Pz.V/IV A  KV-220s. You never give it away just like that. Unless you have sold your soul to WG HP is your armor. This think is flatter than the plains of Saskatchewan. Your armor is useless if you have no more HP. If you have to take a hit, don't fight RNGesus, take the hit. You can safely take a 183mm shell through your face and still have brawling capabilities, but don't bite off more than you can chew. As I said, your armor is useless if you only got 1 HP. Yes, it will stop HE shells, but not always. That spall liner is gonna "spall" out of action. In the end game, nothing is more terrifying in your weakened M48 Patton Object 140 than 2500 HP of armor hoarding the capture points. If your friend is about to die, cover him, as 2 tanks at 1 HP has more firepower than 1 tank at full HP. Careful to save your HP, because you don't have the brawling capabilities of other heavies. HP is your armor, and your teammates' armor. That said, your HP can be used to lead the charge. A full HP Maus against 7 reds at 1 HP is bad. You have adequate some speed to catch up, so take the hits. Play the Maus defensively and offensively at the same time, not exposing yourself to heavy fire, but to take hits for your friends.

Edited by awesomeplayer9690, 07 November 2016 - 02:32 AM.

"The greatest gift is time. Giving time is giving away part of your life that you'll never get back." - Anonymous

"Can't get ammo-racked if I bring no ammo"

[HOW TO] Stat Signature |

ThemasterTanker1 #8 Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:31 AM

No, this is Patrick

• Players
  • 18304 battles
  • [CRATE]

The title is misleading.

Maus sux 

Swanky

Wboys #9 Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:31 AM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 32392 battles
  • [VRTX]

View Postr4zrbl4de, on 06 November 2016 - 08:24 PM, said:

You'll need (and want) to angle your turret a little more than your hull, since the turret sides are 200 and the hull sides are only 185. Yep. 

With the perfect angle on your turret, HEAT rounds with 330-340 mm of pen will go through the turret 30% of the time, which is pretty low. Maybe your HEAT rounds, lots of pubs don't shoot HEAT, and even the ones that do have trouble aiming at things that move :)

https://www.blitzsta...layer/com/Wboys

Leader of Vort3x

Goals: 60% wr without stat padding, researching all tier Xs (1 left!)

Favorite Mark Twain quotes: "Man was made at the end of the work week, when God was tired." ~ "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~ "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." ~ "Don't let school interfere with your education." ~ "Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ "Go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

LoweExpectations #10 Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:31 AM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles
Positive spin and great guide on the Maus.... but the E-100 is still better.

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

00RUSE00 #11 Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:40 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10081 battles

View Postwoof_defender, on 07 November 2016 - 02:23 AM, said:

Awesome. I plan to get a Maus someday. Probably before the end of next year. Only problem is the tier 6. I hate it.

The vk?

Edited by 00RUSE00, 01 December 2016 - 12:40 PM.

We shall never surrender 

Also tagged with MausOP, Rip, youtube, channel, How, to, play, Maus

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users