Jump to content


The Super Unicum guide to the Panzerkamfwagen VIII Maus: Part 2 of 2

MausOP Germany#1

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

RH_131 #1 Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:01 PM

    Maus Master

  • Players
  • 33527 battles
  • 1,493
  • [PRAMO]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

Well I've already taught you how to equip and play your Maus against complete idiots, but what about the 10% of the Playerbase that actually know what they're doing. Well that's what I'm here for today.

 

Unicums...The most challenging thing you can ever face in your Maus. These are players who have thousands of games of experience and endless hours of gameplay. The most important things to remember when a Unicum is on the enemy team are:

1. They WILL use gold rounds without hesitation

2. They WILL aim these rounds at your weak points

3. They WILL penetrate some of these shots and thus take your HP. 

4. They WILL NOT sit out in the open allowing you to easily put return fire into them

 

Now dealing with Unicums will require a lot of knowledge about angling and aiming in order to win. You need to be able to angle the Maus effectively, and wiggling the turret is extremely important here.

 

If they are in a Heavy, this will be better for you because you will meet them early on in the game. If you are good at predicting locations of tanks, you should be able to get the first shot off and commence your angling from there. If you are not as keen in doing this your best bet is to angle your turret and put all your effort into bouncing their first shot. In either situation, remember that you are at your most vulnerable when firing, so snapping off shots is essential to getting the round out and your turret back into an angle to take the least amount of return damage. The Maus does not have the best reload, so after your first shot you should try to bait the enemies fire before you return yours. Continue this bait and fire until you have them beaten, if they are alone then you can afford to play a little more aggressively once they are low, and learning to finish low HP tanks with a ram will help you considerably in carrying.

 

Now the most likely scenario is that the Unicum will be in a medium. This is slightly more beneficial than the other two for a few reasons. First you probably won't be in contact with them for the beginning of the game, and there is a good chance by the time you meet them they will have lost some HP. This is why conserving HP in the Maus is important, it's sheer amount is an excellent boost late game. Secondly, mediums tend to have the least HP in tier X tanks, making your 2500 even more of an advantage. Now there are two ways you will have to fight the medium, mid range or close quarters. A medium at long range is the best scenario, Soviet mediums may have strong turret armor, but they have low penetration. You should be able to bounce most of their fire, so you should be able to take minimal damage. If they are hull down and other targets exist, focus on these and try to leave the Unicum isolated. Other mediums have better accuracy and penetration, but weaker turrets. You should fight these similar to how you fight heavies, but you can afford to aim your shots a bit more. Most frequently however, you will be fighting mediums in close quarters. It's important to always keep some solid cover near you when you plan your route. If you aren't taken by surprise, you should get 1 shot off as they make their approach. Try to attempt a ram, but if that fails immediately get to your solid cover. Scrape them off your side or just prevent them from circling you, angling is not as important here so just try and kill them quickly. Keep your tanks in contact whenever possible, it slows them down and also does ramming damage. Your weight means that even a slight tap can shave off 50-100 hp, and over time that adds up. Your HP pool will take a beating during this, but if played correctly you should only lose 7-800 hp, leaving you with 1700 in reserve. While mediums may seem challenging, enough practice will make them think twice before rushing you.

 


Edited by RH_131, 08 November 2016 - 09:01 PM.

 
 
#1 Maus Damage Record Holder
 
"We just lost to 2 tanks that shouldn't even be considered for clan wars"-Anonymous after being defeated by the PNCR Maus tank division.   (2015 PNCR, not 3-0 Mobile Masters PNCR, we were actually good)
 
Tanks left to get: WZ 120, WZ 121, WZ 111 1-4, WZ 113
Tanks I own: STB-1, Jg. Pz. E-100, FV215b 183, FV 4202, T-62A, IS-7, Obj 263, Foch 155, B-C 25t, WZ 110, T-34-2
Tanks I own(and like): E-50 M, E-100, Maus, Leopard 1, Grille 15, Obj 140, IS-4, Obj 268, T110E5, T110E4, T110E3, T57 Heavy, M48 Patton, AMX 50b, FV215b, E75, Jagdtiger, IS-3D, T34 Independence, Tiger II, Jagdtiger 88, Van Helsing, LTP, KV2, Kuro, Hetzer SP, and Pz 4 Anko
Favorite Tank: M4A3E8 FURY
          I have a YouTube channel, if you enjoy 1 video every year press the subscribe button

purchasabIe #2 Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:06 PM

    Based Stickman

  • Players
  • 15777 battles
  • 2,718
  • Member since:
    12-29-2014
There is already a part 2 :P

   

 

Click here to give a damn

 

 


razernaga2014 #3 Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:11 PM

    I drink and I know things.

  • Players
  • 12045 battles
  • 1,423
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2014
May I ask how you deal with unicums in TDs?

I have quit the game for now.  It is no longer what I began playing in 2014, and while change is not inherently bad, it is also not inherently good either.  

How To Crossfire

Former [SPUD] longtime member

 


schematic #4 Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:18 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 49924 battles
  • 655
  • [GRIM]
  • Member since:
    08-03-2014

View PostRH_131, on 08 November 2016 - 09:01 PM, said:

Well I've already taught you how to equip and play your Maus against complete idiots, but what about the 10% of the Playerbase that actually know what they're doing. Well that's what I'm here for today.

 

Unicums...The most challenging thing you can ever face in your Maus. These are players who have thousands of games of experience and endless hours of gameplay. The most important things to remember when a Unicum is on the enemy team are:

1. They WILL use gold rounds without hesitation

2. They WILL aim these rounds at your weak points

3. They WILL penetrate some of these shots and thus take your HP. 

4. They WILL NOT sit out in the open allowing you to easily put return fire into them

 

Now dealing with Unicums will require a lot of knowledge about angling and aiming in order to win. You need to be able to angle the Maus effectively, and wiggling the turret is extremely important here.

 

If they are in a Heavy, this will be better for you because you will meet them early on in the game. If you are good at predicting locations of tanks, you should be able to get the first shot off and commence your angling from there. If you are not as keen in doing this your best bet is to angle your turret and put all your effort into bouncing their first shot. In either situation, remember that you are at your most vulnerable when firing, so snapping off shots is essential to getting the round out and your turret back into an angle to take the least amount of return damage. The Maus does not have the best reload, so after your first shot you should try to bait the enemies fire before you return yours. Continue this bait and fire until you have them beaten, if they are alone then you can afford to play a little more aggressively once they are low, and learning to finish low HP tanks with a ram will help you considerably in carrying.

 

Now the most likely scenario is that the Unicum will be in a medium. This is slightly more beneficial than the other two for a few reasons. First you probably won't be in contact with them for the beginning of the game, and there is a good chance by the time you meet them they will have lost some HP. This is why conserving HP in the Maus is important, it's sheer amount is an excellent boost late game. Secondly, mediums tend to have the least HP in tier X tanks, making your 2500 even more of an advantage. Now there are two ways you will have to fight the medium, mid range or close quarters. A medium at long range is the best scenario, Soviet mediums may have strong turret armor, but they have low penetration. You should be able to bounce most of their fire, so you should be able to take minimal damage. If they are hull down and other targets exist, focus on these and try to leave the Unicum isolated. Other mediums have better accuracy and penetration, but weaker turrets. You should fight these similar to how you fight heavies, but you can afford to aim your shots a bit more. Most frequently however, you will be fighting mediums in close quarters. It's important to always keep some solid cover near you when you plan your route. If you aren't taken by surprise, you should get 1 shot off as they make their approach. Try to attempt a ram, but if that fails immediately get to your solid cover. Scrape them off your side or just prevent them from circling you, angling is not as important here so just try and kill them quickly. Keep your tanks in contact whenever possible, it slows them down and also does ramming damage. Your weight means that even a slight tap can shave off 50-100 hp, and over time that adds up. Your HP pool will take a beating during this, but if played correctly you should only lose 7-800 hp, leaving you with 1700 in reserve. While mediums may seem challenging, enough practice will make them think twice before rushing you.

 

 

You know, as I was reading this, it occurred to me that this would be better served with a video. Can you post some videos of you doing this against unicum drivers in-game? Might be very educational for people to see, rather than read.


Wboys #5 Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:20 PM

    Elite Noob

  • Players
  • 32392 battles
  • 1,558
  • [VRTX]
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View Postrazernaga2014, on 08 November 2016 - 03:11 PM, said:

May I ask how you deal with unicums in TDs?

 

​IMO tank destroyers with high alpha are the Maus' worst enemy. Like the guide says above I don't find mediums or other tanks that take a small chip off your HP to be that much of a threat. It is pretty easy to be in cover or angles most of the time and the Maus can afford to trade a shot or two here and there. It's tanks that can just wait for the right moment and take a huge % of your HP away that I'm the most afraid of. Ultimately I try to deal with them by either making sure if I do take a hit from them, it will not only protect a softer tank from being hit but will also allow allies to heavily damage or kill the TD. Otherwise I try to avoid them as best I can until late game when I can 1v1 them and just get in their face.

https://www.blitzsta...layer/com/Wboys

Leader of Vort3x

Goals: 60% wr without stat padding, researching all tier Xs (1 left!)

Favorite Mark Twain quotes: "Man was made at the end of the work week, when God was tired." ~ "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~ "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." ~ "Don't let school interfere with your education." ~ "Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ "Go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

 


RH_131 #6 Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:32 PM

    Maus Master

  • Players
  • 33527 battles
  • 1,493
  • [PRAMO]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

 

View Postschematic, on 08 November 2016 - 04:18 PM, said:

 

You know, as I was reading this, it occurred to me that this would be better served with a video. Can you post some videos of you doing this against unicum drivers in-game? Might be very educational for people to see, rather than read.

Currently I am unable to make any videos due to lack of storage space on my IPad mini. It only gets 12 GB of storage, and between Blitz and the equipment I need to record, edit, and upload it's too much. I am currently in the process of finding another way to make videos, but Windows movie maker on PC is giving me extreme trouble.

 

View Postrazernaga2014, on 08 November 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

May I ask how you deal with unicums in TDs?

Ran out space to type lol. I'll try to make an add on later

 

 


 
 
#1 Maus Damage Record Holder
 
"We just lost to 2 tanks that shouldn't even be considered for clan wars"-Anonymous after being defeated by the PNCR Maus tank division.   (2015 PNCR, not 3-0 Mobile Masters PNCR, we were actually good)
 
Tanks left to get: WZ 120, WZ 121, WZ 111 1-4, WZ 113
Tanks I own: STB-1, Jg. Pz. E-100, FV215b 183, FV 4202, T-62A, IS-7, Obj 263, Foch 155, B-C 25t, WZ 110, T-34-2
Tanks I own(and like): E-50 M, E-100, Maus, Leopard 1, Grille 15, Obj 140, IS-4, Obj 268, T110E5, T110E4, T110E3, T57 Heavy, M48 Patton, AMX 50b, FV215b, E75, Jagdtiger, IS-3D, T34 Independence, Tiger II, Jagdtiger 88, Van Helsing, LTP, KV2, Kuro, Hetzer SP, and Pz 4 Anko
Favorite Tank: M4A3E8 FURY
          I have a YouTube channel, if you enjoy 1 video every year press the subscribe button

FlammeumDraco333 #7 Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:20 PM

    18 Y.O. Boomer

  • Players
  • 15306 battles
  • 3,333
  • [META]
  • Member since:
    06-22-2015

*Panzerkampfwagen

 

You filthy peasant.:trollface:


View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

 Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

 


_34 #8 Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:25 PM

    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

  • Players
  • 23526 battles
  • 1,477
  • Member since:
    11-04-2014
how does a non-super-unicum make a super unicum guide?

CeNeN_is_FakeNews #9 Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:45 PM

    Your Last and Final Form

  • Players
  • 21594 battles
  • 412
  • [DEF_6]
  • Member since:
    02-22-2016
E100 > Maus :D


fishygamer212 #10 Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:49 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11890 battles
  • 498
  • Member since:
    09-13-2014

View Post_34, on 08 November 2016 - 05:25 PM, said:

how does a non-super-unicum make a super unicum guide?

 

rename it as the unicum guide to the...
 

Spoiler

Professional Light Tank Player  Winner

I like light tanks


__Karma #11 Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:03 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 24326 battles
  • 1,108
  • [-RGN-]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012

View Post_34, on 08 November 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

how does a non-super-unicum make a super unicum guide?

 

Some people like me like to think we're super

_DragonKRIEG #12 Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:04 AM

    LetsMakeTheForumsBurnSomeMore

  • Players
  • 29731 battles
  • 2,284
  • [RGN]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2015
Or just sidehug in your T-62A and he can't get the gun down on you...

BobaFett_56 #13 Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:17 PM

    Mandalorian Bounty Hunter

  • Players
  • 43172 battles
  • 2,102
  • [ANIME]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2014

View PostTheFluffyPinkDragon, on 09 November 2016 - 12:04 AM, said:

Or just sidehug in your T-62A and he can't get the gun down on you...

 

lol XD mediums have tried that on my Maus...

And let's just say I find it amusing while they scream in terror as they get crushed...

 







Also tagged with MausOP, Germany#1

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users