Jump to content


Clan Ethics: Unite Against Poachers


  • Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

jdm7 #1 Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:38 PM

    60% of the time, it works every time

  • Players
  • 18299 battles
  • 1,206
  • [501DV]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2014

There is a sudden spike in poaching within our Blitz community.  There is an unwritten understanding among the top clans on the NA Server that poaching is not tolerated.  So what is poaching?

 

If a player from another clan makes initial contact with your clan showing interest in joining based on your reputation or recruiting thread, that is not poaching.

 

If instead of being patient and growing your clan through your recruiting page, in-game stats and reputation within the community, you choose to initiate the conversation and actively pursue and recruit players from other top clans to join your clan: you are a poacher.

 

I ask the other reputable clan leaders within the community to join the 501st Family in our commitment to not poach, and our stance against poaching clans.  Poaching clans are not welcome on our Teamspeak server.  They choose to hit the easy button instead of doing things the right way, and their Bush League tactics reflect poorly on their clan and the players within their clan.

 

:honoring:


[Garage: FV215b, FV215b (183), FV4202, M48 Patton, IS-4, IS-7, Jagdpanzer E100, Obj. 140, Obj. 263, Obj. 268, T110E4, T110E5, Centurion 7/1, M46 Patton, T30, AMX 50 100, IS-3 Defender, IS-5, IS-6, KV-5, Lowe, T49, T-54 ltwt, AT-15A, SU-122-44, T23E3, T-34-85 Rudy, Type 62 Dragon, Cromwell B, Pz. Kpfw. IV Schmalturm, SU-100Y, T-34-85 Victory, Fury, Angry Connor, M4A2E4 Sherman, Pz. Kpfw. IV hydrostat, A-20, Valentine II, BT-7 artillery, Pz. Kpfw. S35 739 (f), FCM 36 Pak 40, SU-76i, Type 98 Ke-Ni Otsu, Pz. Kpfw. 38H 735(f), T2 Light, Tetrarch]

"The Problem will solve itself in time"


FlammeumDraco333 #2 Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:40 PM

    Edgy Kekistani Memer

  • Players
  • 15108 battles
  • 3,160
  • [META]
  • Member since:
    06-22-2015

NVA got poached pretty bad...:(

 

I'm still loyal though! Or maybe I'm a scrub and nobody wants me...


Stats><>

Proud member of META - Never Forget NVA - 2016<>2017 - You will be missed - (-_-)7

Nun ja, was auch immer, egal.

Official Killbait - Certified


_34 #3 Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:44 PM

    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

  • Players
  • 19549 battles
  • 1,275
  • [PRAMO]
  • Member since:
    11-04-2014

in total agreement here jdm. poaching is wrong and there should be a mutual agreement between clans not to do so.

 

to poaching clans, take a look at XPD and MERC. they're gone. and you may soon follow suit.



SPlCY #4 Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:50 PM

    Based Stickman

  • Players
  • 13879 battles
  • 2,633
  • [PURPL]
  • Member since:
    12-29-2014

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 09 November 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

NVA got poached pretty bad...:(

 

I'm still loyal though! Or maybe I'm a scrub and nobody wants me...

 

Fastest growing clan NA!

    

Click here to give a damn

Thanks for giving me a damn, because I sure as hell don't.

 

 


FlammeumDraco333 #5 Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:54 PM

    Edgy Kekistani Memer

  • Players
  • 15108 battles
  • 3,160
  • [META]
  • Member since:
    06-22-2015

View Post_Lockjaw, on 09 November 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

 

Fastest growing clan NA!

 

Well it was, until half of our top players got poached.:ohmy:

Stats><>

Proud member of META - Never Forget NVA - 2016<>2017 - You will be missed - (-_-)7

Nun ja, was auch immer, egal.

Official Killbait - Certified


irb_cane #6 Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:57 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 13208 battles
  • 1
  • [KR0NO]
  • Member since:
    07-07-2014
Why is this a big concern

Edited by X21_1, 09 November 2016 - 03:03 PM.


LE_gend_VI #7 Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:57 PM

    The man, the myth

  • Players
  • 20317 battles
  • 3,333
  • [GRIM]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

You can't control your members to the extent of forbidding them from going somewhere esle if they wish. What fun would that be for them? At the same time you have to consider and maybe even ask how loyal they are or know their history in clans before even accepting them. 

 

Losing them to a new tag or poached by a group of friends sucks but you don't need tags to be a good buddy and toon mate. 


 


jdm7 #8 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:07 PM

    60% of the time, it works every time

  • Players
  • 18299 battles
  • 1,206
  • [501DV]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2014

View PostLE_gend_VI, on 09 November 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

You can't control your members to the extent of forbidding them from going somewhere esle if they wish. What fun would that be for them? At the same time you have to consider and maybe even ask how loyal they are or know their history in clans before even accepting them. 

 

Losing them to a new tag or poached by a group of friends sucks but you don't need tags to be a good buddy and toon mate. 

 

Agreed. If you have a good clan your members will want to stay.  More members will want to join.  Players should always have the choice to leave without issue, the issue is actively recruiting people with other clans to join you and initiating that activity, instead of doing it the right way.

[Garage: FV215b, FV215b (183), FV4202, M48 Patton, IS-4, IS-7, Jagdpanzer E100, Obj. 140, Obj. 263, Obj. 268, T110E4, T110E5, Centurion 7/1, M46 Patton, T30, AMX 50 100, IS-3 Defender, IS-5, IS-6, KV-5, Lowe, T49, T-54 ltwt, AT-15A, SU-122-44, T23E3, T-34-85 Rudy, Type 62 Dragon, Cromwell B, Pz. Kpfw. IV Schmalturm, SU-100Y, T-34-85 Victory, Fury, Angry Connor, M4A2E4 Sherman, Pz. Kpfw. IV hydrostat, A-20, Valentine II, BT-7 artillery, Pz. Kpfw. S35 739 (f), FCM 36 Pak 40, SU-76i, Type 98 Ke-Ni Otsu, Pz. Kpfw. 38H 735(f), T2 Light, Tetrarch]

"The Problem will solve itself in time"


Zennosha #9 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:07 PM

    PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

  • Players
  • 24078 battles
  • 6,862
  • [ANEKI]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014
This is like the 2nd or 3rd 501st poaching thread... Just go out and say what clan is poaching instead of making these vague anti-poach threads. 

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

(~・・)~ Aussie is Awesome ~(・・~)

Check my profile for your ANIME needs or PM me!

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<


Turd___Ferguson #10 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:09 PM

    3.8 Wrecked Blitz

  • Players
  • 35903 battles
  • 2,209
  • [38SUX]
  • Member since:
    09-17-2014
+1

The phantom of the forums

“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.” - George S. Patton

I don't always eat tacos, but when I do they're from here: http://www.districttaco.com

 


Captainrevkev #11 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:11 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 25716 battles
  • 98
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    03-08-2015

I had a buddy in our main clan leave and join a 60% clan. I respect his reasoning for going as well.  He wants to participate in Clan Wars 3 and we have a lot of members that can't do it, not interested in it or have the high tier tanks for it.

I wish him all the luck in the world.  I've already been invited to their training room as well.  

So what I'm getting at is....one door closed for our clan...but many other doors are opening now that he's joined with this other clan. It's opening up to training with these better players and tooning with them.

Don't hold your friends/players back.  This is a game...and the bigger thing is how you treat your fellow players.

Friends will stay friends no matter what clan they go to.


The Captain's Tier X Garage:

T57, T100E5, T110E4, T100E3 M48A1 Patton, T-62A, OBJ 268, OBJ 140, IS-7, IS-4, MAUS, Leopard 1, Jagdpanzer E00, Grille 15, E 50 M, E100, FV4202, FV215b, FV215b (183), STB-1


Tommy_S #12 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:11 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12930 battles
  • 1,433
  • [501RV]
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014
Poaching is sort of like asking someone's girlfriend for some hanky-panky, ya know? Her/them being loyal isnt the major issue, its the part that you asked them. Attempting to take players is a really [edited] move towards the clan (or boyfriend in the metaphor) , regardless of whether the members are loyal or not. 

Ping Highscore: > 6 billion

I'm so good, I broke the Medium 1 damage record 

http://wotbstars.com...&geo=NA&lng=eng

Le stats ^^^^


CausticFlames #13 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:12 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10201 battles
  • 534
  • [STR8]
  • Member since:
    05-10-2014
DFNT's in. take my word for it


Jellotree76 #14 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:14 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 44924 battles
  • 1,236
  • [501RV]
  • Member since:
    01-05-2015

View PostLE_gend_VI, on 09 November 2016 - 02:57 PM, said:

You can't control your members to the extent of forbidding them from going somewhere esle if they wish. What fun would that be for them? At the same time you have to consider and maybe even ask how loyal they are or know their history in clans before even accepting them. 

 

Losing them to a new tag or poached by a group of friends sucks but you don't need tags to be a good buddy and toon mate. 

 

Backing what JDM said. If a player from our says "Hey, I saw a clan I think I want to join" and leaves us to join them, then more power to them. The issue lies with a clan actively trying to solicit members from other clans through initial and direct communication.

 


Edited by Jellotree76, 09 November 2016 - 03:14 PM.

 

NA damage record holder for the Jg.Pz.E100 (because I camped and the reds ran into my shells) 

All GRILLES MUST DIE!! 


CrazyHunter13 #15 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:14 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6298 battles
  • 1,413
  • [PWNY]
  • Member since:
    11-03-2013
Really?! Starting this crap back up? Who cares

Darkest_Flame #16 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:15 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11854 battles
  • 2,251
  • [PRAMO]
  • Member since:
    01-25-2016
Now that I know the whole story, +1 to the whole 501ST family for bringing this issue to light.

Mmmm, I like fishyysss...


OrionDerKrieger #17 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:16 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11607 battles
  • 149
  • [GLXY]
  • Member since:
    06-05-2014

View Postjdm7, on 09 November 2016 - 08:38 AM, said:

There is a sudden spike in poaching within our Blitz community.  There is an unwritten understanding among the top clans on the NA Server that poaching is not tolerated.  So what is poaching?

 

If a player from another clan makes initial contact with your clan showing interest in joining based on your reputation or recruiting thread, that is not poaching.

 

If instead of being patient and growing your clan through your recruiting page, in-game stats and reputation within the community, you choose to initiate the conversation and actively pursue and recruit players from other top clans to join your clan: you are a poacher.

 

I ask the other reputable clan leaders within the community to join the 501st Family in our commitment to not poach, and our stance against poaching clans.  Poaching clans are not welcome on our Teamspeak server.  They choose to hit the easy button instead of doing things the right way, and their Bush League tactics reflect poorly on their clan and the players within their clan.

 

:honoring:

 

I don't understand this problem. Is this poaching? Like you see a player in another clan that you wanna try and recruit and you say "hey, you wanna try a new clan?" Is that bad? If I see someone in another clan and I want to recruit them, which it's their choice to leave or not, I say I would love to have them in my clan and they are more than welcome to join if they decide to leave. I make friends and just let them know if something ever changes in their clan they can join us or they can make their own choice and join us now. I don't get why you call this Poaching, it's the individual players choice to leave. If they were forced to leave against their will, not that would be Poaching. In my opinion at least. As well if you see your definition of poaching, 501ST, your own clan, poaches. One of my clan members was recruited by on other your members. It's not a big deal to me. It was his choice to leave, your argument is invalid. Sounds to me your just salty about your guys going to other clans. 

PixelBucket #18 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:22 PM

    Level 90 Loser

  • Players
  • 19496 battles
  • 3,282
  • [PRT]
  • Member since:
    12-31-2014

My Top Tanks: Lowe (#880), Type 61 (#834), Helsing H0 (#797), Pz. S35 739 (#778), ARL 44 (#661), T7 Car (#654), STB-1 (#502), MT-25 (#442), Excelsior (ironically(#422), M22 Locust (#322), T23E3 (#223), Pz. 38 (t) nA (#211), Alecto (#197), Pz 35 (t) (#168),

T-25 (#166), Stridsvagn 74A2 (#151), Angry Connor (#63!), T-15 (#50!), Pz. 38 (t) (#31!)

In My Garage: T-25, Tetrarch, Pz 38 (t), Pz 35 (t),  SU-122-44, Helsing H0, Kuro Mori Mine, Pz IV Anko SP, E 50 M, T7 Car, T2 Light, Locust, T-15, Stridsvagn 74A2, T23E3, Angry Connor, Lowe, Leopard 1, 112, STB-1, AMX M4 45, Type 61, WT Auf Pz IV, T28 Proto

Lines I am currently grinding: T110E4 (Currently at T28 Proto), AMX 50B (Currently at AMX M4 45)

"As can likely be inferred, I am a sad, lonely excuse of a human being"


_34 #19 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:28 PM

    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

  • Players
  • 19549 battles
  • 1,275
  • [PRAMO]
  • Member since:
    11-04-2014

View PostOrionDerKrieger, on 09 November 2016 - 07:16 AM, said:

 

I don't understand this problem. Is this poaching? Like you see a player in another clan that you wanna try and recruit and you say "hey, you wanna try a new clan?" Is that bad? If I see someone in another clan and I want to recruit them, which it's their choice to leave or not, I say I would love to have them in my clan and they are more than welcome to join if they decide to leave. I make friends and just let them know if something ever changes in their clan they can join us or they can make their own choice and join us now. I don't get why you call this Poaching, it's the individual players choice to leave. If they were forced to leave against their will, not that would be Poaching. In my opinion at least. As well if you see your definition of poaching, 501ST, your own clan, poaches. One of my clan members was recruited by on other your members. It's not a big deal to me. It was his choice to leave, your argument is invalid. Sounds to me your just salty about your guys going to other clans. 

 

may i ask your opinion of when 30+ members of one clan are contacted about jumping ship?

MayoNasalSpray #20 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:31 PM

    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

  • Players
  • 23034 battles
  • 3,281
  • [MSELF]
  • Member since:
    01-27-2015

View PostOrionDerKrieger, on 09 November 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

 

I don't understand this problem. Is this poaching? Like you see a player in another clan that you wanna try and recruit and you say "hey, you wanna try a new clan?" Is that bad? If I see someone in another clan and I want to recruit them, which it's their choice to leave or not, I say I would love to have them in my clan and they are more than welcome to join if they decide to leave. I make friends and just let them know if something ever changes in their clan they can join us or they can make their own choice and join us now. I don't get why you call this Poaching, it's the individual players choice to leave. If they were forced to leave against their will, not that would be Poaching. In my opinion at least. As well if you see your definition of poaching, 501ST, your own clan, poaches. One of my clan members was recruited by on other your members. It's not a big deal to me. It was his choice to leave, your argument is invalid. Sounds to me your just salty about your guys going to other clans. 

 

You don't seen to understand, oftentimes when poaching occurs there is a form of diatribe or libel/slander that occurs and can in turn spread false rumors and make clans lose prestige. It goes further than just recruiting.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users