Was point earning algorithm changed?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

frontlinewinner #1 Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9718 battles
  • [666CA]

I can barely begin to explain how points are earned in the first place but seems like the methodology has changed - or is it just me?

Just played battle where I won, received no damage, plunked several shots into the enemy, including 1 kill, won the battle...but was negative points. Now I've seen that happen before the upgrade for sure and can understand it's possible, but I can't remember seeing so many negative results since after this upgrade. I was also the lower tier tank [4's against 5's]. And the icing on the cake; I was playing at a 2X premium [my first battle of the day]. I'm going to start checking the detailed tab of the scoring when it happens again and see if I can figure out what's going on. Anyone else have this impression?

Edited by frontlinewinner, 17 November 2016 - 12:03 AM.

KempBushThe3rd #2 Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:08 AM

How to Git Gud, Step 1: Don't spawn on the wrong team.

• Players
  • 12552 battles
What points?

WARNING: The player "KempBushThe3rd" is no longer active. This is the last message he has left us:

"I've supported this game for too long. There are too many frustrations with playing this game. And I believe that it's not worth playing anymore. This is not because of Update 3.8. I have been losing interest in this game for a while now. I believe that it is time for me to put the game down and finally move on with life. A big thanks to the forums for helping me on the road to 60%, and sometimes giving me a good laugh. o7."

Zip_Zip #3 Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41040 battles
  • [SPUDX]

You likely mean credits.

You likely have consumables that you used and/or provisions. 

A "few shots" as you put it (kills earn nothing btw) and given the low tier you would not have earned enough damage from those few shots to offset the consumable+provision+camo+ammo costs. 

Go back into the game and take a screen shot of the battle results screen that shows your credit earning. That is the best way to analyze where your credits went.

Always remember, wherever you go, there you are...

164 tanks mastered // Have tanks, will battle // Click here for my youtube channel 

clever_pseudonym #4 Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:36 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33583 battles

View Postfrontlinewinner, on 16 November 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

I can barely begin to explain how points are earned in the first place but seems like the methodology has changed - or is it just me?

Just played battle where I won, received no damage, plunked several shots into the enemy, including 1 kill, won the battle...but was negative points. Now I've seen that happen before the upgrade for sure and can understand it's possible, but I can't remember seeing so many negative results since after this upgrade. I was also the lower tier tank [4's against 5's]. And the icing on the cake; I was playing at a 2X premium [my first battle of the day]. I'm going to start checking the detailed tab of the scoring when it happens again and see if I can figure out what's going on. Anyone else have this impression?

For what it's worth, kills and the x2 bonus only generate experience, they do not affect credits.

Zip_Zip #5 Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41040 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postclever_pseudonym, on 16 November 2016 - 07:36 PM, said:

For what it's worth, kills and the x2 bonus only generate experience, they do not affect credits.

kills do not add much to exp except the damage earned to get the kill.

Blitz earning mechanics are the same as PC (except the supremecy mode's unique ahem... features) 

Here is a link with a breakdown

Edited by Zip_Zip, 17 November 2016 - 12:44 AM.

Always remember, wherever you go, there you are...

164 tanks mastered // Have tanks, will battle // Click here for my youtube channel 

frontlinewinner #6 Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9718 battles
  • [666CA]

Points, credits, yes. The stuff you win [or lose] after a battle. I will check my provisioning, but it hasn't changed for weeks on my tanks. 

Posit1ve_ #7 Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:20 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 35294 battles
  • [_V_]

The credit algorithm has not been changed.

There's a link in my sig that has the exact formula for how they are generated, as well as the profitability coefficients of every vehicle in the game.

Also, in case you're too lazy to check it out, the only things that matter for credits is damage, tier of your tank, and winning. Spotting, and spotting damage will also give you some credits, as well as capturing the base, but not nearly as much as the first 3.

283 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

TheFallen101ST #8 Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:56 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 140 battles
Expect to lose money if you dont run a prem account

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users