how not to look good

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

fishygamer212 #61 Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:51 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11827 battles

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 02 December 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

I learned a good lesson the other day about spreading false information.  Let me pass that along to you.

The EULA states that one must be 13+ yrs to create an account.  If you are under 13, the EULA instructs you to have a parent or guardian review the EULA and assist you in the creation of your account.  No where does the EULA state that you must be 13+ to PLAY the game - only to create the account.

Peace-

Boris

lol

Spoiler

Professional Light Tank Player  Winner

I like light tanks

ECHO_DELTA_BLUE_50 #62 Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:49 AM

Private

• Players
  • 12274 battles
  • [XWING]
TBH that happens to me daily and it's part of the game and part of life so you just have to learn to ignore it

razernaga2014 #63 Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:00 PM

I drink and I know things.

• Players
  • 11871 battles
  • [S-AA]

View PostBoomGoesDynamite, on 24 November 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

So... you had a 7 year old child playing a game meant for 13+ (Why 13+ you may wonder; Hint: Mingling with people of all walks of life). C'mon now, either keep him off until Blitz is not a cultural shock for him, or chalk it up to an advanced course of "welcome to the real world". Can't have it both ways imho.

And if you're going to report someone for breaking the rules (I would if someone is going above and beyond the trivial "noob" comment fyi), remember that you have been breaking the rules for 2+ years now (considering his mind wasn't mature enough to follow said rules, which makes you responsible). It's all very unfortunate, and children will eventually get to see the ugliness of the world, but parents can help mitigate the effects by age-restricting the internet until they're ready. Good luck, and happy tanking.

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 02 December 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

I learned a good lesson the other day about spreading false information.  Let me pass that along to you.

The EULA states that one must be 13+ yrs to create an account.  If you are under 13, the EULA instructs you to have a parent or guardian review the EULA and assist you in the creation of your account.  No where does the EULA state that you must be 13+ to PLAY the game - only to create the account.

Peace-

Boris

Oh rule corrections are so fun.

I have quit the game for now.  It is no longer what I began playing in 2014, and while change is not inherently bad, it is also not inherently good either.  

How To Crossfire

Former [SPUD] longtime member

Meatshield_Six #64 Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 815 battles
  • [TMP]
Not only has your boy learned not to yolo the cap, he knows his dad has his back - and that's one of the joys of being dad. 

Meatshield_Six #65 Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 815 battles
  • [TMP]
Not only has your boy learned not to yolo the cap, he knows his dad has his back - and that's one of the joys of being dad. 

DoNotCry #66 Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:37 PM

Sensha-dou Sensei

• Players
  • 30112 battles
  • [_V_]
Since the screenshot has been removed. No way to tell how harsh the content is. Now, the game is rated 12+, many rages will involved because it is a PVP intensive game. If you think your child can't handle the rage, stop letting him play the game until you do. I'm not saying the rage is a good thing but no matter how you msg or complaint, it will never be gone. Hell, maybe the person who rage is even younger than your son. But he/she is able to handle it emotionally. If you still letting your child play this game, teach him properly of how to deal with this kind of messages. There is a block feature. The game already has filters that make the game rated at 12+. I suggest you follow it as well.

Boomer_Blake #67 Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16544 battles
  • [-CFR-]

It's rather amusing how the narrative of this thread changed the min I mentioned my son's age. From that's inexcusible/rage happens to 'you shouldn't let a youngster play at that age'

The game is rated what it is for game content, not for other players being being jerks. This game is not a very violent game and it's something we can do together.

the bottom line is not my son's age, but the actions of the guy sending the message. Rage should not just be accepted simply because we all get frustrated at times. It takes very little self control to not send a message to someone.

Sad that a large portion of this community just shrugs their shoulders at the immature actions of an older player vs me allowing my son to play a relatively non-violent game. 

I've taken to focusing on complimenting ppl who have good games in a win or a loss and have been greeted mostly with a bit of surprise because they're used to ppl only messaging to moan and complain. Maybe that should wake ppl up.

Which is what the main point of this post was

tankcrunch #68 Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles

View PostBoomer_Blake, on 05 February 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

It's rather amusing how the narrative of this thread changed the min I mentioned my son's age. From that's inexcusible/rage happens to 'you shouldn't let a youngster play at that age'

The game is rated what it is for game content, not for other players being being jerks. This game is not a very violent game and it's something we can do together.

the bottom line is not my son's age, but the actions of the guy sending the message. Rage should not just be accepted simply because we all get frustrated at times. It takes very little self control to not send a message to someone.

Sad that a large portion of this community just shrugs their shoulders at the immature actions of an older player vs me allowing my son to play a relatively non-violent game.

I've taken to focusing on complimenting ppl who have good games in a win or a loss and have been greeted mostly with a bit of surprise because they're used to ppl only messaging to moan and complain. Maybe that should wake ppl up.

Which is what the main point of this post was

great post and thread,sir

O_Porter_Rockwell #69 Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19583 battles
  • [SKXLL]

It's interesting to see the back and forth on this topic.

I must admit, I was quite surprised the first time saw someone rage on another player. I had a conversation with my teenage son and a couple of his buddies as a consequence of seeing some of the venom spewed out during, and after, matches. They informed me that it isn't uncommon in the online gaming world, and their nonchalance about the issue was even more surprising. I suppose the anonymity afforded in the online environment allows people to act in ways which they normally wouldn't on a day-to-day basis, but it really does reveal something about their character. I know that may sound judgmental, but I believe the way you conduct yourself when no one is watching(in this case, the anonymity of the internet) is a much better indicator of good character than how you behave in the public eye.

That being said, I have learned quite a bit more on how to improve my game play from folks who have provided constructive criticism in chat after a match than from those who resort to mindless name calling and use of foul language. I find raging to be counterproductive at best, and a poor reflection on the group of people with whom you've formed a mutual association (i.e. your clan) at worst. I would also add, the prohibition on naming and shaming is understandable in a public forum such as this.

19_THOR_73 #70 Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5085 battles
  • [T_N_A]

If anyone ever catches my guys, or gals being jerks, please shame them for being idiots. Also post in here so I know, that way I can swiftly deal with them!

Clan Lead

19THOR73

tankcrunch #71 Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles
ignore them and tank on.

Prevenge #72 Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5710 battles
  • [-INV-]
In free games you will never ever be able to change the trolls. that being said I get super ragey at tier 8 players with 38%wr and 50 whole games under their belts. My feeling is tier 1-5 are learning tiers and get 0 grief and much help from me, Tier 7-10 is competitive and if you don't know what your doing you WILL get a very negative earful if you play like you belong in tier 2, tier 6 is the borderland. just like any sport you don't learn basketball one day and join the varsity team the next, just cuz you can buy or unlock a tier 8 does not mean you belong at that play level. I also feel that if you don't want your children expose to the horrible horrible internet you should play single player games. GL HF and learn to play the game and you won't get yelled at.

DanAnsomeHansome #73 Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:20 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28766 battles
  • [MOMS]
So is your son playing above his head or is he a good player who made a bad mistake? If he is a bad player selfishly playing above his head and he has a father that plays the game and  didn't  teach him not to do that then I would say you let him down. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users