how not to look good

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Beef_and_Potatoes #21 Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:04 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3032 battles
  • [11TH]
☠ Typical of that big headed clan. I wouldn't even contact the Commander id go straight to a ticket ☠

Edited by Ausf_D, 22 November 2016 - 11:05 PM.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than  a French behind me. I have a large respect for the German soldiers. In reality, the Germans are the only decent people living in Europe

We have defeated the wrong enemy."  Gen. George S. Patton                

Ausführung D  ⚄ ⌽    

acrisis #22 Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19038 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

( I actually did read it right the first time ... was just trying to hurry up suggesting the removal of that screenshot.

Just turn it into a teachable moment for your son.

Be nice. Pay it forward. Stay classy.

We all have our frustrations from time to time. But it doesn't excuse the strong wording by that particular clan member.

Note that if you contact clan leads ... Not all clan leaders respond well to being contacted about one of their members seriously crossing the line ... in fact I have in the past received a couple supersize doses of (...) from some clan leads. I guess those guys just find each other. So it is up to WG then to decide what language is allowed or not via a support ticket ...

Blitz   Community   Coalition   
 BCC Forum Thread | BCC Discord invite

Mission Poll  |  Goose Event Poll  | ... 
Looney Tooners  ||  Triarii  ||  Blitz University  ||  Basic Training  ||  Mentor

2.8 Blitz Economy - A visual of the credit coefficients | Got lag? =>  Pingplotter thread

Bodya_bomber #23 Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24870 battles
  • [ST3RM]

View PostAusf_D, on 22 November 2016 - 06:04 PM, said:

☠ Typical of that big headed clan. I wouldn't even contact the Commander id go straight to a ticket ☠

John please don't report anyone.
                                                                                                    uR5axVl.png?1

Boomer_Blake #24 Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16547 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View Postacrisis, on 22 November 2016 - 11:05 PM, said:

( I actually did read it right the first time ... was just trying to hurry up suggesting the removal of that screenshot.

Just turn it into a teachable moment for your son.

Be nice. Pay it forward. Stay classy.

We all have our frustrations from time to time. But it doesn't excuse the strong wording by that particular clan member.

Note that if you contact clan leads ... Not all clan leaders respond well to being contacted about one of their members seriously crossing the line ... in fact I have in the past received a couple supersize doses of (...) from some clan leads. I guess those guys just find each other. So it is up to WG then to decide what language is allowed or not via a support ticket ...

I am going to skip the ticket. He already apologized, hope he thinks before raging next time. 

I cannot control how the clan lead handles my PM, but I have done my part by sending it. 

christian1470 #25 Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34866 battles
  • [III-H]
Just out of curiosity, how old is your son, and what tier was he playing?

Boomer_Blake #26 Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16547 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View Postchristian1470, on 22 November 2016 - 11:26 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity, how old is your son, and what tier was he playing?

9 and X ironically enough. he's played on and off for 2 years and has 2 tier X's. He's still young so the learning curve takes time.

_War_Child_ #27 Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:42 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35490 battles
  • [III]

View PostBoomer_Blake, on 22 November 2016 - 05:19 PM, said:

I am going to skip the ticket. He already apologized, hope he thinks before raging next time. 

I cannot control how the clan lead handles my PM, but I have done my part by sending it. 

I get heated in battle and when engaged with a fellow tanker, I can be quite sharp.  Strangely enough, I have sparked many friendships with my rages/rants after I have cooled down a bit.  However, the image you displayed from this POS warrants a formal rebuke from WG so that a pattern can be determined and dealt with appropriately.  From what others have stated, this particular tanker has a reputation for this behavior and I wouldn't want my son or nephew to be on the receiving end of that type of discord in the future.

Edited by _War_Child_, 22 November 2016 - 11:43 PM.

xXx_Elsa_From_Frozen_xXx #28 Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10980 battles
  • [SRT]
Rage happens to some players from time to time, but I don't condone when someone insults and says profanity to another player. This is the lowest class of character. If someone decides to attack another player, it really shows how bad he is. It's not aceptable in any means.

Edited by xXx_Elsa_From_Frozen_xXx, 22 November 2016 - 11:54 PM.

Above of 99% of North American Players.                       ~2113 WN7 (Super Unicum)                    ~3200WN8 (Super Unicum)  

I'm a Frozen enthusiast and I shall never let it go! 

3castle_ #29 Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:36 AM

Russian accuracy

• Players
  • 13732 battles
  • [-DD-]
get your kid his own account

3castle official - Youtube

prem tanks : T2 light, Tetrarch, T7 car, Pz2j, BT-SV, T127, Pz.s35, M3 light, Valentine 2, Pz.B2, Pz 5/4, Excelsior, Matilda BP, Pz4 anko, Dicker max, SU100y, Kuro Mori Mine, Tog II*, T-34-85 victory, Strv 74A2, Fury, Rudy, T23E3 nomad, Dracula, Panther m/10, AT15a, SU122-44, Type 62, IS3D, KV5, Lowe, IS6, Type 59, T26E4. T34, FCM50t. 0-47

Boomer_Blake #30 Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16547 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View Post3castle_, on 23 November 2016 - 12:36 AM, said:

get your kid his own account

it was his account.

christian1470 #31 Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34866 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostBoomer_Blake, on 22 November 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

9 and X ironically enough. he's played on and off for 2 years and has 2 tier X's. He's still young so the learning curve takes time.

maybe suggest to him to keep his experiments to lower tiers. Whether it's realistic or not, people have an expectation from their team mates in higher tiers. Not saying that raging is justified,because it isn't,  but under the circumstances(capping in tier ten), I'm not surprised people got heated. The margin for error is just too thin, unlike, say, tier 4. Sorry your son had to go through that. 

Boomer_Blake #32 Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16547 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View Postchristian1470, on 23 November 2016 - 01:49 AM, said:

maybe suggest to him to keep his experiments to lower tiers. Whether it's realistic or not, people have an expectation from their team mates in higher tiers. Not saying that raging is justified,because it isn't,  but under the circumstances(capping in tier ten), I'm not surprised people got heated. The margin for error is just too thin, unlike, say, tier 4. Sorry your son had to go through that. 

yeah, I tell him to play in the 5-7 range but of course kids want to play the biggest and baddest toys, tanks whatever. It's hard to convince them otherwise.

Usually when he gets enough creds he wants to go play in the training rooms... it's safe there to screw up. :D

christian1470 #33 Posted 23 November 2016 - 03:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34866 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostBoomer_Blake, on 22 November 2016 - 11:01 PM, said:

yeah, I tell him to play in the 5-7 range but of course kids want to play the biggest and baddest toys, tanks whatever. It's hard to convince them otherwise.

Usually when he gets enough creds he wants to go play in the training rooms... it's safe there to screw up. :D

not just kids! I failed miserably for hundreds of games in the 110e5 before I knew what I was doing. Then I failed in the t-62 for a bit. Boy, did I get raged at. Even on here. 

Maybe tell him if he wants to play with the pros, he has to play like a pro. Be cautious, follow recognizable clan members and help them, etc. No rule against anyone playing anything in this game(sadly), but if you can convince him that his actions affect others it would be a win-win in game and in life. 

Anyone who knows me, knows I'm prone to rage, myself. Some of those rages turn into great convos and friendships, some are just a complete waste of time for everyone involved. I'm trying to be better about it and give the player the benefit of the doubt, and just pass on useful info. 

Of course, some people just don't care, don't see it as a team sport, and often throw out the battle cry of the loser, "it's just a game". Maybe one doesn't take it seriously, but plenty do. Recognizing that is one of the first steps to improvement. 

Belomor73 #34 Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:50 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 59085 battles
  • [-TK]
That kid was totally clueless. Considering he has over 10k how much longer do you think it'll take him to learn ?

BobboEvans #35 Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:20 PM

The Society is Real

• Players
  • 37793 battles
I rage mercilessly in game at times.  It's hard not to when you have so many teams where 3-4 players do little to no damage (without being ammo racked).  Its typically done in the frustration of the moment and I've apologized more than once to people who reached out to me after the game.  If said player apologized, why the thread?

Just say 'NO' to Vanity

Belomor73 #36 Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:56 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 59085 battles
  • [-TK]

View PostBobboEvans, on 23 November 2016 - 05:20 PM, said:

I rage mercilessly in game at times.  It's hard not to when you have so many teams where 3-4 players do little to no damage (without being ammo racked).  Its typically done in the frustration of the moment and I've apologized more than once to people who reached out to me after the game.  If said player apologized, why the thread?

Righteous parents fury. Considering he's playing the game himself and has knowledge of players raging , might consider giving the kid a break from the game instead of flaming. Game is being listed as 12+ and your kid is younger. Child services needed. 

Boomer_Blake #37 Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16547 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View PostBelomor73, on 23 November 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

That kid was totally clueless. Considering he has over 10k how much longer do you think it'll take him to learn ?

to be fair, he started at 6 and a half, he has diligently climbed the ladder for 2 tier X's and has taken the last 8-10 months off due to interests in other games (jurrasic world being the main one).

As I stated, I think he tried to do what he saw in the twister cup youtube vids he watched without realising that only works in team battles vs pub battles

I do try and tell him he's better off playing around tier 6, but every kid wants to use the biggest and baddest toy in any game sooooooo in one ear and out the other more often than not.

Boomer_Blake #38 Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16547 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View PostBelomor73, on 23 November 2016 - 05:56 PM, said:

Righteous parents fury. Considering he's playing the game himself and has knowledge of players raging , might consider giving the kid a break from the game instead of flaming. Game is being listed as 12+ and your kid is younger. Child services needed. 

yes, blame the kid for playing, not the actions of the guy who acted like a jerk... that's a wonderful rational

does this thread sound like fury? righteous? hardly.

BlackDogD #39 Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:15 PM

O'Doyle Rules!

• Players
  • 18642 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostBoomer_Blake, on 23 November 2016 - 05:02 PM, said:

yes, blame the kid for playing, not the actions of the guy who acted like a jerk... that's a wonderful rational

does this thread sound like fury? righteous? hardly.

No, it sounds like an attempt to flame and seek attention. Rather than message one of us and give us a chance to deal with the situation, you broadcasted it on the forums, naming us specifically and posting pictures. Well, you got eveyones attention. Well done!

Life sucks, get a helmet.

Boomer_Blake #40 Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16547 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View PostBlackDogD, on 23 November 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

No, it sounds like an attempt to flame and seek attention. Rather than message one of us and give us a chance to deal with the situation, you broadcasted it on the forums, naming us specifically and posting pictures. Well, you got eveyones attention. Well done!

good. crappy behaviour should be shamed. I was not looking for attention but drawing attention to a problem within the game. 

if this serves as a reminder to older players that some kids do play this game and to think before the rage, then mission accomplished. 

nothing wrong with that.

FYI I did send a PM to you clan lead..... no reply

maybe instead of trying to misdirect any blame, post in here apologising for the actions of a clan leader and have a talk with them about maturity

Edited by Boomer_Blake, 23 November 2016 - 10:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users