how not to look good

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

BRUENHILLDE #41 Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:41 PM

I HATE CHEESE

• Players
  • 13716 battles
  • [US-1]
Very interesting. How about emailing me who at triarri and what they said please. Thank you. 

Winner of the coveted most admired Blitz forumer award for 2017!  In addition to the 2014,2015,2016 awards.

Over 13,000 profile views. Better than 99.99% of forum users. And more than all of club war gaming members combined. And I've never even started a thread or made a video. By the way everyone hates the rules quoting guy. 

Proud member of US-1 ALL AMERICANS! Americans only. Others need not apply.

BlackDogD #42 Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:27 PM

O'Doyle Rules!

• Players
  • 18642 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostBoomer_Blake, on 23 November 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

good. crappy behaviour should be shamed. I was not looking for attention but drawing attention to a problem within the game. 

if this serves as a reminder to older players that some kids do play this game and to think before the rage, then mission accomplished. 

nothing wrong with that.

FYI I did send a PM to you clan lead..... no reply

maybe instead of trying to misdirect any blame, post in here apologising for the actions of a clan leader and have a talk with them about maturity

No, shaming is not the same as drawing attention to a problem. In fact, you've drawn attention away from the problem by singling us out and creating a shame thread. This is also against the forum rules.

You only contacted our clan lead AFTER broadcasting it here. And the individual in question is a very mature person, well respected amongst many players in and out of our clan and is our deputy. One incident cannot take away from who he is, blitz-rage affetcs all of us. Not to mention he even apologized after and you still decided to name and shame him and 07 on the forums. 

Someone needs to have the maturity talk with you.

Life sucks, get a helmet.

Boomer_Blake #43 Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16547 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View PostBlackDogD, on 23 November 2016 - 11:27 PM, said:

No, shaming is not the same as drawing attention to a problem. In fact, you've drawn attention away from the problem by singling us out and creating a shame thread. This is also against the forum rules.

You only contacted our clan lead AFTER broadcasting it here. And the individual in question is a very mature person, well respected amongst many players in and out of our clan and is our deputy. One incident cannot take away from who he is, blitz-rage affetcs all of us. Not to mention he even apologized after and you still decided to name and shame him and 07 on the forums. 

you have no place to play the sanctimony card with me. His language was inexcusable.

I don't adhere to such a silly notion that naming someone for behaving in such an inappropriate way put me in the wrong. This goes beyond a few harsh words and was abusive. Ignoring such behaviour is a worse offense IMO.

tankboss41 #44 Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23896 battles
  • [MFW]
Good grief! America has became soft, teens need their safe spaces, whine when they cant get their way and stamp their feet and pout like a wittle baby....suck it up buttercups this is a cruel world we live in , we need to prepare kids for the worst not shield them from a few curse words...

Si vis pacem para bellum

Boomer_Blake #45 Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16547 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View Posttankboss41, on 24 November 2016 - 02:30 AM, said:

Good grief! America has became soft, teens need their safe spaces, whine when they cant get their way and stamp their feet and pout like a wittle baby....suck it up buttercups this is a cruel world we live in , we need to prepare kids for the worst not shield them from a few curse words...

he's 9, not a teen. and that's not the point. You shouldn't treat anyone like that calling them a waste of sperm amongst other things. 99% of the ppl on this board would not talk to a stranger that way in real life, but that's the problem with the internet now isn't it.

there's a line between being rude and abusive. it's a game there's no need to lose you mind over a loss when it;s a single game in thousands. 

what about learning to be a good loser? is that not something ppl need to learn? 

gotta love all of you who want to excuse someone being a [edited]person and trying to make this into something else.

MorphmanMVP #46 Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22835 battles

View PostBoomer_Blake, on 23 November 2016 - 08:35 PM, said:

he's 9, not a teen. and that's not the point. You shouldn't treat anyone like that calling them a waste of sperm amongst other things. 99% of the ppl on this board would not talk to a stranger that way in real life, but that's the problem with the internet now isn't it.

there's a line between being rude and abusive. it's a game there's no need to lose you mind over a loss when it;s a single game in thousands. 

what about learning to be a good loser? is that not something ppl need to learn? 

gotta love all of you who want to excuse someone being a [edited]person and trying to make this into something else.

That concept was drawn up by mothers of weak and nonathletic kids because their kids got very sad due to the fact that they can't win. The world revolves around the winners and not the losers. 

Tier X: Obj. 140 T-62A,  IS-7, Obj. 268, IS-4, FV4202, T110E5. Highlighted = Bought

Most likely to be banned in next couple of minutes

shinkim406 #47 Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:35 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8545 battles
  • [SABER]
lol this argument can go back and forth back and forth, but i think we should all admit that the rude behavior by the clan member was punishable

_WMX_ #48 Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:00 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 46070 battles
  • [DD]

FYI... my name is WMX and I'm a rageoholic.  With that said 9 is too young for this game.   Not being mean here, I'm a dad and have teens that play.  They've seen me rage and get all pissy, close my iPad in disgust and then an hour later rinse and repeat.  Point being set clear peramiters to anticipate vulgar language and idiocy.  I know for a fact I'll rage if I see a tier 10 player who's a turret spinner and or guarding spawn contributing to a loss

There has to be some balance in your allowance for your young child to play this.  Yes people SHOULD respect one another and all that cheese, but let's be real... ex or former military, ex cons, LEO, CEO's, and guys who drive white vans with ice cream on the sides haunt this gaming platform (one guy named mike comes to mind).  Why risk such exposure to such a young child?  The initial issue is bad yes, and apologies from the DD family for any comments from us HOWEVER let's all be real here... should an inexperienced 9 year old be on 10?  The EULA specifies the age requirements for a reason.  That reason is because the harsh reality is that there are all walks of life playing this game.  Nonchelants and the die hards.  I cannot and WOULD NEVER defend that clan even on Easter Sunday as I have my own reservations of the main o7.  However I strongly recommend enforcing with your kid as I did with mine a certain tier they should never exceed until you feel they are mature enough to deal with the harsh reality that people WILL speak their minds regardless of warnings, temp or perms bans.  EVERY top player has raged... even the names on this post... I've seen it all, BUT we are mainly adults and have the right and consequences for our comments.

i truly wish you well and hope your kid can recover emotionally if offended, but you do have some culpability in the exposure of your young kid to a violent and vulgar game.  

If you're open to recommendations for his success I offer my time or a reliable member from a DD clan family to help set him up on a track as I did with my own kids and they currently are top 100 players in the game... 16 and 22 years old and one was even offered a warchest and some weird QUESTIONABLE personal solicitation from a now pramo deputy, then an XPD leadership.

DD is about crazy brawling, battle hardened, strategic tactics and sometimes not, but live for that epic battle, fun and for the goal of smashing all on the battle field.... in this "GAME."  Your son unfortunately was a recipient of the egos tempers and competitiveness of what this game brings out.  Cheers to you and your kid, my door is open to YOU for ideas similar to how I've protected my kids.  

0>  WMX

Edited by _WMX_, 24 November 2016 - 10:07 AM.

_WMX_

Clan of DD Teufel Hunden

Enforcer

Oicraftian #49 Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9860 battles

You should not have been offended.

Your son should have taken it as instruction at face value.

The only thing you should have done was pick on his swearing and ask for future instruction to be more politely worded.

He/She is very probably a better player.

What you also could have done was nit pick-troll him/her for the giggles and watch him/her lose it.

Edited by Oicraftian, 24 November 2016 - 03:35 PM.

I too am a 60% scrub

#ActuallyNotAReRoll

Like to point out that infact, only tier 8/9/10 stats matter

STR8R is not currently a legitimate clan because of a certain idiots rebellion against clan family. KRONO is suspected to be the cause.

DANCES__WITH__WOLVES #50 Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:50 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3490 battles
  • [514TH]
Not very professional of them. 

Edited by PresidentAndrewJackson, 24 November 2016 - 05:51 PM.

Boomer_Blake #51 Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16547 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View PostOicraftian, on 24 November 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

You should not have been offended.

Your son should have taken it as instruction at face value.

The only thing you should have done was pick on his swearing and ask for future instruction to be more politely worded.

He/She is very probably a better player.

What you also could have done was nit pick-troll him/her for the giggles and watch him/her lose it.

what was said goes beyond 'you're an idiot, why did you do that, you're a noob, stop playing' etc and went to rude, abusive and uncalled for regardless of the players age. That's my issue.

Boomer_Blake #52 Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16547 battles
  • [-CFR-]

I aslo don't agree with this game not being for kids. It has minimal violence, no sexual content and no profanity IN THE GAME. it's the poor behaviour of a few ppl who can't just get on teamspeak or discord and rant to fellow clan mates who make this game a bad experience for some.

The rational that this game is not for kids doesn't really make a lot of sense.

dayton07277 #53 Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:31 PM

(SMH)

• Players
  • 12095 battles
  • [CROWN]

View Postacrisis, on 22 November 2016 - 03:05 PM, said:

( I actually did read it right the first time ... was just trying to hurry up suggesting the removal of that screenshot.

Just turn it into a teachable moment for your son.

Be nice. Pay it forward. Stay classy.

We all have our frustrations from time to time. But it doesn't excuse the strong wording by that particular clan member.

Note that if you contact clan leads ... Not all clan leaders respond well to being contacted about one of their members seriously crossing the line ... in fact I have in the past received a couple supersize doses of (...) from some clan leads. I guess those guys just find each other. So it is up to WG then to decide what language is allowed or not via a support ticket ...

He's all about the tickets. SMH

dayton07277 #54 Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:34 PM

(SMH)

• Players
  • 12095 battles
  • [CROWN]

View PostBoomer_Blake, on 24 November 2016 - 01:39 PM, said:

I aslo don't agree with this game not being for kids. It has minimal violence, no sexual content and no profanity IN THE GAME. it's the poor behaviour of a few ppl who can't just get on teamspeak or discord and rant to fellow clan mates who make this game a bad experience for some.

The rational that this game is not for kids doesn't really make a lot of sense.

I agree.but really how young should a kid be to play this game?,this is a team sport and having total incompetent play is very annoying.

dayton07277 #55 Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:41 PM

(SMH)

• Players
  • 12095 battles
  • [CROWN]

View Post_WMX_, on 24 November 2016 - 02:00 AM, said:

FYI... my name is WMX and I'm a rageoholic.  With that said 9 is too young for this game.   Not being mean here, I'm a dad and have teens that play.  They've seen me rage and get all pissy, close my iPad in disgust and then an hour later rinse and repeat.  Point being set clear peramiters to anticipate vulgar language and idiocy.  I know for a fact I'll rage if I see a tier 10 player who's a turret spinner and or guarding spawn contributing to a loss

There has to be some balance in your allowance for your young child to play this.  Yes people SHOULD respect one another and all that cheese, but let's be real... ex or former military, ex cons, LEO, CEO's, and guys who drive white vans with ice cream on the sides haunt this gaming platform (one guy named mike comes to mind).  Why risk such exposure to such a young child?  The initial issue is bad yes, and apologies from the DD family for any comments from us HOWEVER let's all be real here... should an inexperienced 9 year old be on 10?  The EULA specifies the age requirements for a reason.  That reason is because the harsh reality is that there are all walks of life playing this game.  Nonchelants and the die hards.  I cannot and WOULD NEVER defend that clan even on Easter Sunday as I have my own reservations of the main o7.  However I strongly recommend enforcing with your kid as I did with mine a certain tier they should never exceed until you feel they are mature enough to deal with the harsh reality that people WILL speak their minds regardless of warnings, temp or perms bans.  EVERY top player has raged... even the names on this post... I've seen it all, BUT we are mainly adults and have the right and consequences for our comments.

i truly wish you well and hope your kid can recover emotionally if offended, but you do have some culpability in the exposure of your young kid to a violent and vulgar game.  

If you're open to recommendations for his success I offer my time or a reliable member from a DD clan family to help set him up on a track as I did with my own kids and they currently are top 100 players in the game... 16 and 22 years old and one was even offered a warchest and some weird QUESTIONABLE personal solicitation from a now pramo deputy, then an XPD leadership.

DD is about crazy brawling, battle hardened, strategic tactics and sometimes not, but live for that epic battle, fun and for the goal of smashing all on the battle field.... in this "GAME."  Your son unfortunately was a recipient of the egos tempers and competitiveness of what this game brings out.  Cheers to you and your kid, my door is open to YOU for ideas similar to how I've protected my kids.  

0>  WMX

+1 

dayton07277 #56 Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:42 PM

(SMH)

• Players
  • 12095 battles
  • [CROWN]

View PostBlackDogD, on 23 November 2016 - 03:27 PM, said:

+1

BobboEvans #57 Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:07 PM

The Society is Real

• Players
  • 37793 battles

View PostBoomer_Blake, on 24 November 2016 - 09:35 PM, said:

what was said goes beyond 'you're an idiot, why did you do that, you're a noob, stop playing' etc and went to rude, abusive and uncalled for regardless of the players age. That's my issue.

Well.  I never saw your post before you censored yourself.  I would suggest putting in a ticket if it crossed a line and not posting it on the forum.  Another thread suggests WG can pull up someone's chat history.  There's good and bad everywhere... even in clans.  To drag down a whole clan is not right.  I don't have a stake in this argument but I think you should have gone to the clan first.  If that didn't do anything, go to WG.

As a parent of kids a little older than yours.... There's just too much graphic language all over the place for my youngest.  I don't think a post on the forum will fix this.

Just say 'NO' to Vanity

BoomGoesDynamite #58 Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1363 battles

View PostBoomer_Blake, on 22 November 2016 - 11:37 PM, said:

9 and X ironically enough. he's played on and off for 2 years and has 2 tier X's. He's still young so the learning curve takes time.

So... you had a 7 year old child playing a game meant for 13+ (Why 13+ you may wonder; Hint: Mingling with people of all walks of life). C'mon now, either keep him off until Blitz is not a cultural shock for him, or chalk it up to an advanced course of "welcome to the real world". Can't have it both ways imho.

And if you're going to report someone for breaking the rules (I would if someone is going above and beyond the trivial "noob" comment fyi), remember that you have been breaking the rules for 2+ years now (considering his mind wasn't mature enough to follow said rules, which makes you responsible). It's all very unfortunate, and children will eventually get to see the ugliness of the world, but parents can help mitigate the effects by age-restricting the internet until they're ready. Good luck, and happy tanking.

CausticFlames #59 Posted 30 November 2016 - 02:14 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10635 battles
  • [-TK]

View PostBoomGoesDynamite, on 24 November 2016 - 06:23 PM, said:

So... you had a 7 year old child playing a game meant for 13+ (Why 13+ you may wonder; Hint: Mingling with people of all walks of life). C'mon now, either keep him off until Blitz is not a cultural shock for him, or chalk it up to an advanced course of "welcome to the real world". Can't have it both ways imho.

And if you're going to report someone for breaking the rules (I would if someone is going above and beyond the trivial "noob" comment fyi), remember that you have been breaking the rules for 2+ years now (considering his mind wasn't mature enough to follow said rules, which makes you responsible). It's all very unfortunate, and children will eventually get to see the ugliness of the world, but parents can help mitigate the effects by age-restricting the internet until they're ready. Good luck, and happy tanking.

lol. if the chat was turned off then it'd be 7+. get off your high horse bud

BorisBaddenov #60 Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:52 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 17769 battles
  • [ST2RM]

View PostBoomGoesDynamite, on 24 November 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

I learned a good lesson the other day about spreading false information.  Let me pass that along to you.

The EULA states that one must be 13+ yrs to create an account.  If you are under 13, the EULA instructs you to have a parent or guardian review the EULA and assist you in the creation of your account.  No where does the EULA state that you must be 13+ to PLAY the game - only to create the account.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users