submerged when not even touching water

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

doonglerules #1 Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11542 battles
  • [STR8]

So I'm chasing a Jagpanzer E-100 who just drove into the riverbed on castilla.

I drive in after it and land on top of its frontal hull, gun pointing right down into its engine deck.

At this point I click only to discover I cant fire. I look down and it says "cannot fire; submerged"

Problem is; I'm not even touching the water. The Jag then nukes me despite the fact that IT'S the one who's underwater.

What happened.

Edited by doonglerules, 26 November 2016 - 03:28 AM.

KempBushThe3rd #2 Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:29 AM

How to Git Gud, Step 1: Don't spawn on the wrong team.

• Players
  • 12552 battles

Do you have pictures?

I think the Jageru is tall enough to avoid submerging. As for you, WG logic.

WARNING: The player "KempBushThe3rd" is no longer active. This is the last message he has left us:

"I've supported this game for too long. There are too many frustrations with playing this game. And I believe that it's not worth playing anymore. This is not because of Update 3.8. I have been losing interest in this game for a while now. I believe that it is time for me to put the game down and finally move on with life. A big thanks to the forums for helping me on the road to 60%, and sometimes giving me a good laugh. o7."

doonglerules #3 Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11542 battles
  • [STR8]

View PostBryoDoesGaming, on 26 November 2016 - 03:29 AM, said:

Do you have pictures?

I think the Jageru is tall enough to avoid submerging. As for you, WG logic.

No pictures, was too busy desperately trying to figure out why my gun wouldnt fire

r4zrbl4de #4 Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:49 AM

Camo Fetish

• Players
  • 14045 battles
  • [ATLS]
Maybe too much of your gun was under water? 

_1204_ #5 Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:52 AM

Admiral Kitty

• Players
  • 22134 battles
  • [501ST]

First off, the scenario is hard to invision without pictures, so im going out on a limb. 

If ANY part of your gun is under the water, you can not shoot. You can be in the water and be fine (safe from drowning), but tanks with good gun depression, or in your case just pointing vertical, can be unable to shoot. (trust me, I tested this in STB when the windows 10 water graphics made me pass out) What could have happened, is your gun registered THROUGH the Jags engine, and the tip of the muzzle was just touching the water, based off of the above tests, you can not fire. The enemy Jag however was standing in the water, with the gun pointing up at you. His gun was in the clear and ready to blast, which it evidently did. 

Basically your vehicle wasnt submerged, it was just sitting on top of the enemy jag, with your gun going through him, so the orange circle of despair didnt show up. When it says submerged, it was referring to the gun.

How you managed to pull this off, I have no clue. It is quite a random stab in the dark, but based on the rather limited description, and what I saw in my STB 1 on those sexy water graphics, It is my final conclusion

Edited by _1204_, 26 November 2016 - 03:58 AM.

doonglerules #6 Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11542 battles
  • [STR8]

View Post_1204_, on 26 November 2016 - 03:52 AM, said:

First off, the scenario is hard to invision without pictures, so im going out on a limb. 

If ANY part of your gun is under the water, you can not shoot. You can be in the water and be fine (safe from drowning), but tanks with good gun depression can be unable to shoot, but still be safe from drowning. (trust me, I tested this in STB when the windows 10 water graphics made me pass out) What could have happened, is your gun registered THROUGH the Jags engine, and the tip of the muzzle was just touching the water, based off of the above tests, you can not fire. The enemy Jag however was standing in the water, with the gun pointing up at you. His gun was in the clear and ready to blast, which it evidently did. 

How you managed to pull this off, I have no clue. It is quite a random stab in the dark, but based on the rather limited description, and what I saw in my STB 1 on those sexy water graphics, It is my final conclusion

Maybe. But I'm pretty sure even the tip of my gun barrel wasnt touching the water. T110E4's gun barrel aint long enough.

Guess it's just that WG magic or something.

Edited by doonglerules, 26 November 2016 - 04:00 AM.

_1204_ #7 Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:05 AM

Admiral Kitty

• Players
  • 22134 battles
  • [501ST]

[Side of an e4] That barrel is pretty long, also keep in mind that the Jag was in the water too, so the water is above the bottom of his tank, and much closer to the engine deck. 

Like I said, its a random stab in the dark, but unless someone can come up with a better story thats my story and Im sticking to it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users